Default Official NY Knicks 2019 Training Camp thread

Two weeks until training camp, and the unofficial start of the 2019-2020 season!

The Knicks open the preseason Oct. 7 and the regular season Oct. 23 in San Antonio.

Teams can carry up to 20 players on their roster through the preseason before paring it down to 15 by Opening Night,

覧覧覧覧覧-

While he was out recruiting on Monday afternoon, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski received a text message from Knicks coach David Fizdale.

Fizdale, who is about to enter his second season at the helm of the Knicks, wanted to invite Coach K to Knicks training camp, which begins Oct. 1 in Greenburgh, N.Y. Krzyzewski, of course, coached R.J. Barrett, the Knicks rookie and the No. 3 pick in the NBA Draft. Barrett signed a four-year, $35.6 million rookie contract with the Knicks this summer.

展hile we were sitting here, I got a text from him inviting me to come for any part of their training camp, which is a nice thing, Coach K told me Monday as he sat watching A.J. Griffin, a junior forward from White Plains (N.Y.) Archbishop Stepinac High School, who is the son of Toronto Raptors assistant Adrian Griffin.

Coach K said it was 都mart of Fizdale to invite him to camp but isn稚 sure if he値l be able to attend.

的 don稚 know if I can do that, we池e in practice, Coach K said.

Duke is set to play Kansas at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 5 in the Champions Classic in a twinbill that also features Michigan State against Kentucky, so it痴 possible Coach K could check in with Barrett and the Knicks then. (The Knicks play in Detroit Nov. 6.)

Krzyzewski has gotten to know Fizdale, who went 17-65 in his first season with the Knicks, and said, 的 think a lot of him.

As for Barrett, Coach K thinks the 6-foot-7 Canadian left-hander will adjust well to the bright lights of the big city.

典he main thing is he seems like he really loves New York, said Coach K, whose Duke team featuring Barrett and current New Orleans Pelicans rookie and No. 1 pick Zion Williamson lost to Michigan in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.

滴e痴 acclimated himself, he hasn稚 hidden. He痴 been out there, shown how much he loves to be there and he痴 embraced the city instead of being fearful. I think that puts him in a great place, that doesn稚 surprise me. He痴 going to be comfortable and Fiz will do a great job of getting him comfortable.

覧覧覧覧

DSJ E-Peyt Allen
    Ntilikina Ellington Trier Dotson
    RJ Knox Izzy +5 Dudes
    Randle Morris Portis Bullock INJ
    Mrob Taj

we have a lot of players which have high potential, all young, all have the underdog mentality and want to prove that they are not a bad team..... do we have a plan to make them coexist together and be better? if we do I think we will have a very nice season and the games will be fun to watch..... if we go back to our old ways then we stop watching mid of the season like the previous so many years....
    I am hyped about DSJ after they are saying his shot is much better now, also Mrob and RJ..... I still hope Nits will turn into something special, he has all the tools, but not the mentality so far....

12th man

What was Fizdale thinking? There was no way Duke coach Krzyzewski were gonna come to a Knicks training-camp LMAO.
    If the 2017 NBA draft 2nd pick Marvin Bagley III would've stayed another year at Duke, coach Krzyzewski would've been waving the 2019 NCAA Championship trophy throughout this summer, plus Zion would've been the 2nd pick of the 2019 NBA draft.

Well, the Knicks will have some veteran players in training-camp to evolve around all their raw young-core players on the roster.
    I'm not to optimistic bout the Knicks upcoming season for reason of the Knicks did not upgrade their coaching-staff in the offseason, plus the Knicks have a (70%) majority of PROJECT players on the upcoming season roster. The Knicks FA signings of Payton & Portis are project players too.

I can only hope the Knicks could make their first priority at day one of training-camp of getting players on the same-page on both sides of the court (ball-movement & defense). This way we could experiment & test different lineups during scrimmage games and the preseason games, instead of throughout the 82 regular-season games.

Got a BIG QUESTION?
    What in the hell does Fiz need a underachieving/no coaching(This what I see of Coach K) College coach to come to an Knicks training camp? Why?? He coaches COLLEGE!!! Not a believer or fan of Coach K hype. Can he coach without all the Ref. calls(ask Central Florida)? This is another example of what is wrong with Fiz as a coach. If Fiz is going to ask a college coach it should have been John Calipari. He should be adding to his coaching staff Akeem Olajuwon or Kevin Garnett and Adrian Dantley. He got a coaching staff full of guard coaches...not a big man coach among the whole bunch.
    *Have you ever notice Fiz expression after a time-out... It like 'What in hell do I do now'. Same expression I see on Coach K when the game it tight.
    Why would you draft RJB if you have Knox? Two #1 picks at the same position in back to back years. In this past year weak draft. SERIOUSLY!!
    Why would you trade up to draft Izzy(another player that need the ball...like Trier)? Million buck trade, huh.
    Why would you complicate PG position with DSJ and Payton?
    Why do you think that Frank is a SG? No where in any GOOD coaches brain that knows BB would think that Frank is a SG. Why does Fiz think so??
    Why do you let Kornet walk and sign a 35 year old T. Gibson? What kind of sense does this make?? NONE

If he smart...starting lineup:
    Frank - PG
    Dotson - SG
    Knox - SF
    Randle - PF
    Robinson - C.