Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 132337383940414243
    12th man

Originally Posted by mafra
    Kyrie Irving says he'll re-sign with Celtics
    Kyrie Irving said on Thursday that he intends to re-sign with the Celtics this summer, and has "verbally committed" to remaining with the franchise long-term.
    Irving has announced his intentions in talks with "Boston ownership over the past few weeks," and this seems to go beyond mere talking points due to the 'verbal committment'. He's been extremely vague about his plans in the past, so this should reduce unnecessary distractions as Boston seeks to vie for a championship and win the LeBron-less Eastern Conference.

I dont know why the Knicks Rumor Hotline was busy throughout the offseason spreading rumor news of Kyrie leaving his 2nd team that made it to the ECF without any help from him to go and sign with the Knicks when he become a FA LMFAO !!!

I like Kyrie game .. but Kyrie became a star NBA player on the back of Lebron, and I feel the only way Kyrie could keep up that high status performance in the NBA are for Kyrie to be on a winning team that has several NBA star-players like Smart/Brown/Tatum/Morris/Horford, plus be thankful he got traded to a team that has a Top-5 headcoach that keep players performing on the Same-Page in regular-season and postseason games !!!

https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/the-smoke-behind-kevin-durants-early-exit-rumors/

The NBA season is still a few days away from officially beginning. But because this is a league that draws just as many headlines from player movement as it does from actual games, the conversation has naturally jumped ahead to 2019. The league is likely to see one of the most loaded free-agent classes in recent memory next offseason; Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson and several other stars have expiring contracts.

Another potential name on that list is Kevin Durant. Durant has a $31.5 million player option for the 2019-20 season, and if he chooses not to return to the Warriors next season, he would instantly become the biggest name on the list.

And while everything to this point is pure speculation, the early rumblings suggest this could be Durant’s last year in the Bay Area.

The rumors started in July, when ESPN’s Zach Lowe listed several viable reasons Durant may consider the New York Knicks as his next home. Durant’s business manager, Rich Kleiman, is from the Big Apple. The Knicks’ GM, Scott Perry, was an executive with the Seattle Supersonics when they drafted Durant in 2007. The two remain close.

Last week, NBA insider Chris B. Haynes went on FS1’s “Undisputed” and continued to fan the flames of Knicks rumors.

“The New York Knicks have a very good shot at luring KD away from the Bay Area,” Haynes said. “The same allure that LeBron had towards the Los Angeles Lakers, just the building, the culture, is the same way I know that KD feels about the Knicks.”

Haynes also reiterated the points about Kleiman being from New York, and pointed out that Durant’s father is also a Knicks fan.

OK, so a lot of smoke, but not a ton of fire. Then, at Warriors Media Day, Durant was asked whether he would re-sign. His answer was about as noncommittal as one can get.

“You kind of just want to take it year by year, and I think to keep my options open, it was the best thing for me,” Durant told reporters. “I could have easily signed a long-term deal … but I just wanted to take it season by season and see where it takes me.”

On Tuesday, Marcus Thompson — who has covered the Warriors for more than a decade — penned a piece in The Athletic saying that his “guess” is that Durant will be gone after the season. Thompson believes the “vibe” in the Warriors’ building is that they are expecting a 2019 exit.

“The same franchise that was willing to dump everything to get him is now unofficially bracing for his departure,” Thompson wrote.

Thompson also noted that he believes Durant doesn’t even know what he will do at this point. The 2018-19 season could change everything, depending on whether the Warriors cruise to a third-straight title, like many expect.

Durant is rumored to have a somewhat fickle personality. While his teammate Stephen Curry is seen as the face of the Warriors and a Golden State lifer, Durant has already changed teams once. As Lowe wrote, “People who have spent years around Durant can’t say for sure what he wants from the game. It’s unclear if he knows.

“Some of those people predict, if you force them, that he will one day leave Golden State for a team that can be truly his.”

Whether that team is the Knicks, or another team entirely, remains to be seen.

ESPN's Jorge Sedano shared a story of how the Heat's near-trade for Jimmy Butler fell apart, with Pat Riley dropping the big MF on Tom Thibodeau (transcript via Deadspin):

"There’s been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didn’t want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ‘OK forget it, let’s just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.’ They finally relented on Josh Richardson, they were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler, and then a protected first-round pick. The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally—I was told—called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone."

12th man

Originally Posted by mafra
    ESPN's Jorge Sedano shared a story of how the Heat's near-trade for Jimmy Butler fell apart, with Pat Riley dropping the big MF on Tom Thibodeau (transcript via Deadspin):

"There’s been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didn’t want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ‘OK forget it, let’s just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.’ They finally relented on Josh Richardson, they were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler, and then a protected first-round pick. The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally—I was told—called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone."
    Pat Riley hasn't change lmfao !!!
    I wonder now .. will the Wolves be able to trade Butler for a decent return before All-Star weekend?
    I wonder if the Wolves organization would have let Thibs do a even trade for the Raptors Derozan?

12th man

Are the Boston Celtics the King of the Eastern Conference in the 2018-19 season ???
    In the Boston vs Philly season open game Kyrie & Hayward played like crap yet, Boston controlled the tempo throughout the entire game for a Celtics win on opening night 105 - 87.
    Boston's 2nd season Tatum are on his way to stardom. The performance of Smart & Brown 2-Way hustle in the back court are meshing well like Curry & Klay. Boston's bigman tandem of Horford & Morris team-leadership and high B.ball IQ together out-witted all Philly's big-men Embiid/Saric/Covington/and Amir Johnson on opening night.
    I dont see Philly beating a same-page dynamic Boston team by letting Embiid go nut having a shoot only attitude for 37 minute by shooting 9-21, plus Simmons leading the point on every offensive-possession for 43 minute .. poor Fultz! Simmons never let PG Fultz push the ball or lead the point to run a few plays in a half court setting to get his confidence up, and into the game.

The N.O. Pelicans were 0-5 in the preseason games SMH .. However the Pelicans won the open game of the regular season against the Houston Rockets 131 - 112 .. The Pelicans outscored the Rocs in all four quarter of the game .. Four Pelican Players i believe had double-double games on opening night vs Rocs. Super-Star Anthony Davis look to be receiving better help on both sides of the court in the paint area from teammates Mirotic & Randle .. for less than the price of resigning Cousins to a new contract.
    The Houston Rockets look like they down-size the team from last season Rockets team.