Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3353637778798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1297

"He really wants the Knick job, he can taste it and he may even be in the lead," a Thibodeau confidant told The Post.

"It's never a sure thing because of ownership, but Thibs knows he can work with Rose and also knows he'd be able to bring in his people as well," Berman's source said.

Thibodeau was last seen on an NBA sideline as the head coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, a position he held for two and a half years before being fired midway through last season on Jan. 6. Thibodeau also previously coached the Chicago Bulls from 2010-2015.

Berman's source added that Thibodeau hasn't taken a permanent residence anywhere yet as he searches for his next NBA job, and has split his time between his brother's home in New England, and Los Angeles near Doc Rivers and Tyronn Lue as he visits teams.

Knicks forward Taj Gibson, who played under Thibodeau in both Minnesota and Chicago, gave his thoughts on if his former coach could still thrive in today's NBA.

"He can do it. If you want to win, he can do it. If the main goal is about winning and developing guys and pushing guys to the limit, (he can do it). Not everybody is capable of (accepting) the coaching. But it's proof in the pudding. You look at a lot of the guys he's had over the years; a lot of them was hard-nosed and a lot of them give him his due credit."

Veteran

Kyrie having season ending shoulder surgery. Nets not getting enough attention for how much money they spent to make a worse team. Sure, sure, they’ll have both Kyrie and Durant the next 2 seasons and they’ll both be healthy and better than they’ve ever been. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Kyrie having season ending shoulder surgery. Nets not getting enough attention for how much money they spent to make a worse team. Sure, sure, they’ll have both Kyrie and Durant the next 2 seasons and they’ll both be healthy and better than they’ve ever been. Whatever.
    Fact is their honeymoon is over. They made playoffs last year and this season. No excuses. It’s title or bust next 2 seasons. And, even with the grace period this season, KD and Kyrie still awkwardly handled the NY media.

Sure, they’ll win 56 games next year.... but nothing matters short of a title. So, now and moving forward, the heat is gonna get turned up on Nets... let’s see how they handle stuff.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    John Beilein and the Cavs reportedly ready to part company. Maybe Leon Rose should think twice about hiring guys like Wright and Calipari to coach the Knicks when there are plenty of NBA coaches looking for work.
    JBB appointed HC of the Cavs replacing Beilein.

Cavaliers Will Keep J.B. Bickerstaff As Head Coach, Won't Conduct Search In Offseason

The Cleveland Cavaliers have promoted J.B. Bickerstaff as permanent head coach to replace John Beilein.

The Cavaliers always had a succession plan for Bickerstaff to replace Beilein upon the latter's retirement.

Because this agreement was essentially built into the contract Bickerstaff signed and a big reason why he came to Cleveland in the first place, there will be no coaching search this offseason for the Cavaliers.

Bickerstaff is the fourth head coach of the Cavaliers since the start of the 18-19 season.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Sure, they’ll win 56 games next year.... but nothing matters short of a title. So, now and moving forward, the heat is gonna get turned up on Nets... let’s see how they handle stuff.
    don't we wish we were in the same position??.. win 56games, but its a lost season without that trophy.... $hit we should give the knicks a trophy next time they win 26 games...

12th man

Last night, Zion's dynamic performance had the Pelicans starting 5 lineup produce 32 Dimes on the GSW for a 115 - 101 Pelicans win. Zion's complimentary moving without the ball scoring are what AD were looking for from Cousin & Randl-Handle when they joined the Pelicans .. I will not be shock or surprise if AD resign backup to the Peicans b4 Zion rookie contract end CTFU

The Lakers Lebron n official had a hard time getting this close Lakers win from Boston 114 - 112 yesterday, having Celtics young star Tatum score 41 points SMH

The Toronto Raptors Lowry & VanVleet tore a big hole through the Pacers performance grabing a 63 - 32 Halftime lead, in the 2nd half Raptors took off for a strong 127 -81 game win DAMN !!!

The Chris Paul (6-seed) OKC Thunder's dynamic 10 man rotation ran thru the Spurs for a quick 131 - 103 OKC win. Now, Chris Paul would have been the Perfect player for the Knicks to go after in the 2019 offseason. The Knicks young-core players need a season or 2 of CP3 Leadership .. not Randle-Handle leadership CTFU !!!

Coby White scored 30-plus points in his third straight game and finished Tuesday's 124-122 loss to the Thunder with a career-high 35 points, seven rebounds, three assists, six 3-pointers and just one turnover on 13-of-21 shooting in 33 minutes off the bench.
    Start him already! Over this three-game stretch, all without Kris Dunn, White has hit 34-of-61 shots (56%), 18-of-31 3-pointers (58%), 13-of-14 free throws and is averaging 33.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 steals, although the Bulls have lost two of his three big games. The Bulls only play one more game this week, but it's time that White is owned everywhere, at least while he's this hot

I did like White in the draft, my guy if we were picking 4th.

12th man

I did like White in the draft, my guy if we were picking 4th.
    I was the opposite, thought he was OK like most teams which was why he dropped to 7 but loved the kid early in the season posting about the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I was the opposite, thought he was OK like most teams which was why he dropped to 7 but loved the kid early in the season posting about the kid.
    I just knew he was a gamer at UNC, and I had him as the second best PG in this class. Ergo, based on position need... I would’ve traded out if I knew I could’ve snagged White and another lottery pick (Hunter, Hach, Clark or Culver). But, again, those offers didn’t exist.

Veteran

Malik Monk suspended indefinitely for violating drug policy. Good thing we didn’t trade for him I guess.

KP with another monster line last night, in a win over SA. Smartly, Dallas had him playing C!

Hey, at least we got a monster dunk from DSJ.

(TBH, I have strange faith in Thibs/Rose to do a better job developing Frank, Knox, DSJ).

12th man

KP with another monster line last night, in a win over SA. Smartly, Dallas had him playing C!

Hey, at least we got a monster dunk from DSJ.

(TBH, I have strange faith in Thibs/Rose to do a better job developing Frank, Knox, DSJ).
    Looked like a 7'3" Trae Young that can block shots, he was making 28 fters with ease. Even if DSJ becomes a serviceable player, he'll never have the impact Porzingis has on a game. Don't watch all the Mavs games but Harp was all over kid in the broadcast saying how good he is.

Here's a trivia question. What Texas team starter leads the Texas teams in 3 pt pct? If you answered James Harden, Doncic, KP, Russ, you would be wrong the Texas player that leads the 3 Texas teams in 3 pt % is Seth Curry but he doesn't start for the Mavs so the right answer is Tim Hardaway Jr. at nearly 41%. How's that for a trade Knicks fans. DSJ who can't hit the broadside of a barn for 2 NBA starters that can drop bombs from 30 ft.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Feb 28, 2020 at 03:54.

Rookie JA Murant is 4th in the NBA in 4th Q scoring.

JA with 27&14, as he propels MEM to 8th seed... They crush LAK!