Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 85105115129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2038
    Knows the team

The NBA FINALS ....

GAME 5 .. Boston Celtics at GS Warriors ....
    Half Time score .. Warriors 51 - Celtics 39
    The Celtics shot 39% FG .. Warriors shot 48% FG
    Wiggins 16 pts, 7 reb, and Curry 10 pts
    Tatum 13 pts was the only Celtic to score in double digits in the first half.
    Celtics were 0-12 from 3's until their first 3 ball dropped having 4 minute remaining in 2nd quarter.
    Celtics 3-15 from 3's .. 16-41 FGA
    Warriors 3-17 from 3's .. 20-43 FGA
    The Warriors Defense showed up in the first half holding Celtics to 39 pts.
    In less than 2 min in the 2nd half the Celtics Brown & Tatum went on a 10-0 run to make the score 49-51.
    The Celtics had a sensational 3rd quarter taking the lead 6 min into the quarter and holding it until a second left when Poole took the final shot to end the 3rd quarter giving the Warriors 75-74 lead to start the 4th quarter. That's when the Warriors bench players (Poole, Payton, and Looney) went on a 9-0 run to start the 4th quarter giving the Warriors a 10 pt lead so the rest of the rotation only needed to trade points throughout the remainder of the quarter for a 104-94 Win.
    Steph Curry had a dynamic winning performance without hitting any 3's (0-9), 16 pts, 8 Dimes, and 1 turnover in 37 minute. Game Ball go to Wiggins for 26 pts, and 13 rebounds.
    GS Warriors Lead Series 3-2

Landry Fields next ATL GM. Ex Knicks legend.

Veteran

Wow. I didn’t even realize you could make trades before the NBA Finals was over.

Dallas trades their 1st round pick and some players including Boban to Houston for Christian Wood.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Wow. I didn’t even realize you could make trades before the NBA Finals was over.

Dallas trades their 1st round pick and some players including Boban to Houston for Christian Wood.
    That's Bad .. Dallas been building a winning team after the Knicks KP trade .. Signing a young winning Head-Coach Jason Kidd .. Grabbing a super-star player with their 3rd draft pick .. Plus always finding a trade to load the Mavs garbage-contracts on like the Knicks, Wiz, and Rockets for decent rotation role-player.

Christian Wood's are a decent F/C that will fit nice in coach Kidd's rotation next season.
    Great trade for the Mavs.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    It will be something if the moves Landry Fields make put the Hawks back in the 2nd round of the playoffs the next two seasons.

Oh yeah, next week the Houston Rockets will have the 3rd, 17th, and 26th pick in the draft.

1 of many Phil Jax blunders is on his way out of NBA:

The Atlanta Hawks will not tender a qualifying offer to forward Kevin Knox, and he’ll enter unrestricted free agency.

Meanwhile, Miles Bridges (whom P-Jax passed on) poised to sign massive extension to remain in CHA.

If only Phil drafted D-Mitch and SGA or something other than Frank and Knox.

What an awful team exec Jax was. Almost like he tried to tank org on purpose. Impossible to fathom how he still has supporters

Knows the team

Phil Jax last draft pick were Frank & Dotson ..
    Mills/Perry selected Knox & MitchRob, plus RJ Barrett

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Wow! Landry Fields starting off his first season as Hawks GM by bringing Murray talents to Atlanta to co-exist in the backcourt alongside Trae Young explosion .. Frazier & Monroe !!!

Zion Williamson is nearing a five-year rookie max contract extension worth up to $231 million, The Athletic’s Shams Charania reported on Friday.

Ja Morant has reportedly agreed to a five-year, $193 million designated rookie maximum extension with the Grizzlies.

Don’t you feel screwed as a Knicks fan? SA just sent Murray away so it can tank; both HOU/OKC won’t add to their youth or use picks to improve bc they’re tanking!

So, will NBA punish those 3 franchises and change draft to ensure neither of them get this stud Wamby from France?

Knicks were roasted and accused of tanking when they had to endure an entire season without their best young player. KP was hurt before the season and Knicks had little cap space…. Knicks had a plan…. They were gonna wait until next years free agency!

So, here we are with RJ and those 2 teams get studs….

If NBA allows SA or OKC or ORL or HOU or o get top picks after years of tanking…. I’m done with NBA.

Veteran

I’m actually a little surprised by this, but after dealing Gobert, Jazz are reportedly listening to offers for Donovan Mitchell.

My guess is that we’d have to make an offer that would make the Melo trade look reasonable

Supposedly they were underwhelmed by MIA’s offer…. As the Heat seem focused on KD. Ainge wants picks and Knicks have picks…. 11 next 7 years or something….

Randle to make money work then a second single combo of Robinson, IQ, Cam, Grimes, & Obi. Maybe 3 of them.

Or… RJ, Randle and picks…

I’m not in love but if price is reasonable… then pull the trigger. This ain’t Melo tho, and losing playing kids 1 year might be better in the long run.

But if Ainge wants a boatload of picks… Knicks 1 of the teams that can meet his asking price.

Interesting aside: I bet Ainge wouldn’t mind sticking it to BOS. He won’t look good if Stevens wins a title… So he’ll send DM to MIA-NYK …?

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I’m actually a little surprised by this, but after dealing Gobert, Jazz are reportedly listening to offers for Donovan Mitchell.

My guess is that we’d have to make an offer that would make the Melo trade look reasonable
    Mentioned this in another thread that Ainge would go full rebuild after trading Gobert and O'Neal. I'd expect we'll hear from DM re: a trade request soon with Ainge conceding the need for the Jazz to rebuild the team.

They should never have given Gobert that max deal, never pay a guy that kind of money if they only play on one side of the ball.

It’s a great draft, too, with 4-5 franchise studs. Not a bad year to tank…

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Mentioned this in another thread that Ainge would go full rebuild after trading Gobert and O'Neal. I'd expect we'll hear from DM re: a trade request soon with Ainge conceding the need for the Jazz to rebuild the team.

They should never have given Gobert that max deal, never pay a guy that kind of money if they only play on one side of the ball.
    I'm like Patrick Beverley .. when a team trades the NBA top defensive center (Gobert), the only thought next are TANKING.
    I wouldn't be surprise if Ainge & Co. are putting together a three or more team trade involving Donovan Mitchell & Durant for the offseason.
    The Knicks should offer Fournier & Cam & a couple of first rounders for Mitchell.

I did wonder if the DM would expand to accommodate KD.

I think Ainge wants picks and nothing that will help them win 20 games this season.

Hero or RJwoild be nice gets, yiung enough and talented enough to hope for upside potential, but not enough to impact winning this season.

I feel as tho MIA will benefit from D-Wade in Utah ownership group… Mitchell-Butler-KD….

Bam and Lowry to Nets, Hero to Utah with Cam Thomas and picks.

Nets don’t have picks tho, and not sure MIA does (or that they’ll be attractive).

So, with draft capital and fact this franchise stinks…. Ainge could envision NYK picks being gold. Who knows.

RJ + picks
    OBI/IQ/Cam + picks

I preferred Murray over Mitchell tho, as a better backcourt compliment to Brunson.

But, as bad as the last 20 years have been… would you be on board for 4 year DM run?

Personally, I feel we are 1 more year away… play kids, hope you land top 5 pick… future looks bright.

Go get SGA instead next year.