Other NBA games and League

Mavs set the NBA offensive rating for a first half in their game against the Rox with a rating of 141.7 obliterating the previous record of 115.9 held by the 2018 Warriors.

I?d imagine the Rockets had to be up there too with the game being 153 - 149.

mafra

Legend
TJ Warren drops a fifty burger... A crazy 20-28 from field (9-12 from downtown) type of line. He leads Pacers to victory over Philly, despite 90 from Harris-Embiid-Simmons trio.

tiger0330

Legend
I’d imagine the Rockets had to be up there too with the game being 153 - 149.
Mavs scored 85 1st half points so the OR means nothing I guess except as an answer to a trivia question since they lost the game. Mavs have the most losses by 5 pts or less than anyone this season with 16 losses so they were talking up how they struggle down the stretch in close games which is what happened in this game which they should have won but gave away.

mafra

Legend
KP his inefficient self this afternoon... but:

Happy 25th Birthday @kporzee 🎉

In @NBA history, Porzingis is:

? the only player with 35p-10r-5b and 5+ threes in a game
? the fastest to 400+ 3FGM and 400+ blocks (233 games)
? 1 of only 5 players to total 4,000 points, 1,500 boards, 400 3FGM and 400 blocks before turning 25

Meanwhile, Doncic puts up a 34-20-12 line. It?s kind of crazy that KP will never be the best player on his own team.

With KP at 30 million a year, Dallas seems like they have a small window to get that 3rd star before Doncic also gets his max deal. I would assume THJ is picking up his 19 million player option for next season.

I?m interested to see what Cuban can do. He?s got years of KP and Doncic ahead of him, but in the modern NBA, 2 top guys never seems to be enough.

The fear with MPJ has always been his health and the concern that he is one back injury away from a done career. Denver rolled the dice at bargain value and as long as he is healthy, they got a star out of it.

tiger0330

Legend
30&15 for Michael Porter tonight.

The fear with MPJ has always been his health and the concern that he is one back injury away from a done career. Denver rolled the dice at bargain value and as long as he is healthy, they got a star out of it.
He can stroke it. He might be better than Zion and Ben Simmons. Denver with the Joker at 41, Bol at 44, MPJ at 14, thats picking 'em.

mafra

Legend
He can stroke it. He might be better than Zion and Ben Simmons. Denver with the Joker at 41, Bol at 44, MPJ at 14, thats picking 'em.

I believe they also got Jamal Murray with the 9th pick, our pick actually, the final piece piece thrown into the Melo trade, with Mozgov.

mafra

Legend
Rotoworld

Michael Porter Jr. hit 10-of-18 shots and four 3-pointers on his way to 27 points, 12 rebounds, two assists, two steals and a block in Thursday's loss to the Blazers.
MPJ is killing it in the bubble and has greatly benefitted from the loss of Will Barton to a knee injury. He was also perfect from the free throw line and didn't commit a turnover. He got off to a blistering start and cooled down in the second half, but the Nuggets have to be thrilled to have him. He's living up to the hype, and then some.

Dallas is exciting in the box score but now they are 1 - 3 since the restart with their only win against the 28 - 39 Kings. Give us back KP and THJ at a combined 50 million a year and we don?t have Doncic, I?m guessing we?re still a lottery team.

mafra

Legend
Out of nowhere, Doncic -- using his left, non-shooting hand -- slipped the ball between his legs and past Antetokounmpo, right into the hands of teammate Maxi Kleber, who caught the ball on the move and, in one motion, leaped into the air and slammed the ball home -- and got fouled on the play, to boot.

The play was the last of Doncic's career-high 19 assists, to go along with 36 points, 14 rebounds and just two turnovers in 42 minutes, as the Mavericks beat the Bucks 136-132 in overtime inside the NBA's bubble at the Walt Disney World Resort.

"I clapped," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. "I applauded. I thought it was phenomenal. The sign of a great player, a truly great player, is the ability to pull off something like that against a team like Milwaukee, that gives up virtually nothing in the paint.

"We're seeing more things all the time. Luka is not only a great basketball player, he's a great performer. I'd pay money to watch him play. I don't say that about a lot of players, but he's really special."

Doncic certainly showed how special he both is and could be on this night, going toe-to-toe with Antetokounmpo -- who was no slouch himself, finishing with 34 points and 13 rebounds in 33 minutes before fouling out in overtime -- and coming out on top.

"It's amazing," Antetokounmpo said. "He's playing great basketball. He's a great basketball player, makes his teammates better. Talented ... really talented. One of the most talented guys I've ever played against.

"He's making the whole team better, and he's going to keep getting better. As long as he makes his team better, they're going to be tough to beat."

But all anyone could talk about afterward was The Pass.

"With Luka," Kleber said, "you always have to expect to get a pass."

"Unbelievable," said Porzingis, who had 26 points and 11 rebounds before he fouled out in overtime. "Not only the way the pass was, but also at the moment in the game. To make that pass and to have the -- what's a good word -- to have the courage to do it?

"That's just who Luka is."

The only person who didn't have much to say about it was Doncic.

"I don't know why I did it," Doncic said. "I just did it. I didn't think about it. I saw it, and I didn't think about it before right in the moment."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29626259/luka-doncic-19-assists-steal-show-mavericks-top-bucks

tiger0330

Legend
It was a nice play but ESPN going a little overboard on it. The lane was wide open for Kleber so Luka didn't have to thread the needle on it. He's a great player, but I've seen him take 28 shots to score 28 pts and he's a below avg 3 pt shoooter and only a good FT shooter so he's not perfect.

Looks like they're going to be the 7 seed in the playoffs matched up against the Clips, if they manage to upset the Clips I think you can really start talking about how good Doncic is but a team with the highest OR in the NBA a 7th place team in the west leaves a little more to be desired.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I?m more impressed with them beating MIL, but then again.... I believe MIL struggling since bubble began too?

I think the KP contract will hinder DAL. If they are smart, they would deal KP for Booker or something.

I?m more impressed with them beating MIL, but then again.... I believe MIL struggling since bubble began too?

I think the KP contract will hinder DAL. If they are smart, they would deal KP for Booker or something.

I?ve been thinking the same thing. Doncic is good enough they probably could have attracted another legit elite star in free agency but now they are limited because of 30 million per year for KP and THJ?s 19 million player option for next season. I think Doncic and KP will be in the playoffs year after year but they might be the latest version of Thunder or Rockets who score a ton but don?t play enough D to win it all. Not sure I would go after Booker though.

mafra

Legend
I?ve been thinking the same thing. Doncic is good enough they probably could have attracted another legit elite star in free agency but now they are limited because of 30 million per year for KP and THJ?s 19 million player option for next season. I think Doncic and KP will be in the playoffs year after year but they might be the latest version of Thunder or Rockets who score a ton but don?t play enough D to win it all. Not sure I would go after Booker though.

Exactly, it?ll mirror what happened with Nash and Dirk. THjr will prohibit them some next season, but at least it?s just 1 season...

Then, they will soon discover that KP just isn?t a max player, mainly bc of health issue and fact he solely wants to be a perimeter player.

If Cuban is smart, he needs to identify the 1 player perfect for Doncic. To me, that?s a Klay type player.

It?s pretty funny. Dallas had a huge comeback win against Utah with both Doncic and KP out injured. Maybe that supporting cast is better than I thought.

mafra

Legend
Timmy Jr had 27 (11-15 shooting). Donovan Mitchell didn?t play either tho. Conley and Gobert played 16 minutes, so it was truly a battle of second units.

tiger0330

Legend
Sactown was eliminated from the playoffs making this the second longest streak of missing the playoffs for an NBA team. The record for most seasons for missing the playoffs is 15 by the LA Clipper team beginning in 1977. Kings have now missed the playoffs for 14 seasons.

Vlade said if he wasn't winning he would quit, I'd say after this season he's not winning but I doubt if he quits, I think Ranadive has to fire him. Buddy Hield the key piece in the Cuz trade has been demoted to the bench, which is not a good sign for them to snap this playoff drought.

tiger0330

Legend
Suns are perfect in the bubble and Booker is the main reason avg'ing 30 in the bubble. He's not going anywhere, even if the Mavs wanted to trade Porzingis for him, I think he's pretty much untouchable for the Suns.