Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
California high school star Jalen Green, the No. 1 prospect in the 2020 ESPN 100, is making the leap to a reshaped NBA professional pathway program -- a G League initiative that sources say will pay elite prospects $500,000-plus and provide a one-year development program outside of the minor league's traditional team structure.

Green -- a potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 NBA draft -- announced Thursday that he is bypassing college to become the professional pathway's first participant, a decision that likely clears the way for more commitments from elite prospects.

tiger0330

Legend
California high school star Jalen Green, the No. 1 prospect in the 2020 ESPN 100, is making the leap to a reshaped NBA professional pathway program -- a G League initiative that sources say will pay elite prospects $500,000-plus and provide a one-year development program outside of the minor league's traditional team structure.

Green -- a potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 NBA draft -- announced Thursday that he is bypassing college to become the professional pathway's first participant, a decision that likely clears the way for more commitments from elite prospects.
I’m hoping the NCAA will start doing the same, to me it’s an issue of being competitive with compensation and fairness when you have college coaches making millions.

mafra

Legend
NBA should encourage this, to draw up interest in the G League. Like MLB, where HS kids can enter draft then get assigned to minors OR they can go to college... but, if you go to college... you have to stay there 3 years.

This would make both the collegiate and G League products more interesting, no?

tiger0330

Legend
I’m hoping the NCAA will start doing the same, to me it’s an issue of being competitive with compensation and fairness when you have college coaches making millions.
NCAA feeling the pressure revised their rules re: player's ability to get endorsement deals beginning next season. This would allow guys like Joe Burrows to capitalize on their fame and influence to make money endorsing companies and products. Like the GLeague deal, it should have limited impact granting the best players the avenue to make significant income that they didn't have the opportunity to make before.

mafra

Legend
The NBA has indefinitely postponed its NBA Draft Lottery and Draft Combine.

This news was expected for weeks and it's official on the first day of May. It's obviously not possible to even do the draft lottery when we don't have final standings for the season yet. Additionally, unlike the NFL Draft with NFL teams able to go to the NFL Combine to get some info on prospects, the NBA will have some new challenges when it comes to scouting for their 2020 draft picks. The NBA may have to cancel the combine this year, and they will likely have to approach the draft lottery differently, as well.

Rotoworld

mafra

Legend
Kai Sotto, a 7-2 center from the Philippines, will skip college and will become the first international draft prospect to sign a deal in the NBA G League according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
It's another tough blow for the NCAA with Sotto joining other top prospects such as Jalen Green, Isaiah Todd and Daishen Nix on the new G League team in Southern California. The new team is a "select team" that won?t be affiliated with any individual G League franchise and will play a limited schedule. Sotto will make a six figure salary and develop in an NBA atmosphere as he prepares for the 2021 draft.

mafra

Legend
NYP

Talk about a pile of salt added to the Knicks? wounds if Derek Harper?s Kristaps Porzingis guarantee comes true.

Harper, who manned the Knicks? point-guard spot from 1994 to 1996, is a longtime TV analyst for the Mavericks. He never won a title playing for Dallas or the Knicks, but Harper believes he will add another championship ring as a Mavs broadcaster to his 2012 jewel now that Porzingis? star has aligned with Luka Doncic?s.

?Those two stars together, the future, despite all this craziness now, the two of them together, they can coexist,? Harper told The Post in a phone interview. ?That?s always a question. Can Magic play with Kareem? Can Bird play with McHale? So on. Those two guys are going to make Dallas a championship team. No question in my mind. Between the two of them, the Mavericks are going to win a championship ? or two.

mafra

Legend
Lavar Ball says his son made Kuzma and Zion:

?Take my boy out the situation and see how much buzz you get,? Ball said on Complex?s ?Load Management? podcast. ?He?d probably still be out for the season.? Ball added that Lonzo?s play was essential to unlocking Zion?s game. ?I don?t care how fast you can run and jump. If you ain?t got anybody to get you that ball, guess what are you going to be doing? Running and jumping out there for nothing.?

?Look what happened to Kuzma (this year). They thought I was crazy when I was telling them Lonzo made Kuzma.?

tiger0330

Legend
NYP

Talk about a pile of salt added to the Knicks’ wounds if Derek Harper’s Kristaps Porzingis guarantee comes true.

Harper, who manned the Knicks’ point-guard spot from 1994 to 1996, is a longtime TV analyst for the Mavericks. He never won a title playing for Dallas or the Knicks, but Harper believes he will add another championship ring as a Mavs broadcaster to his 2012 jewel now that Porzingis’ star has aligned with Luka Doncic’s.

“Those two stars together, the future, despite all this craziness now, the two of them together, they can coexist,” Harper told The Post in a phone interview. “That’s always a question. Can Magic play with Kareem? Can Bird play with McHale? So on. Those two guys are going to make Dallas a championship team. No question in my mind. Between the two of them, the Mavericks are going to win a championship – or two.
I watch a lot of Mavs games and Harp loves those 2. I don't see guaranteed championship yet from those 2, I think the Pels are just as close and maybe even closer with a potential big 3 in Ingram, Z and Zo. Include a very good Holiday and the Pels may make some noise in a couple of years.

Bol Bol apparently tore it up in the 1st scrimmage game for Denver. His slide in the draft to 44th still remains a mystery to me. Maybe teams knew he was going to get hurt.

tiger0330

Legend
Bol Bol apparently tore it up in the 1st scrimmage game for Denver. His slide in the draft to 44th still remains a mystery to me. Maybe teams knew he was going to get hurt.
Bol a steal at 44. Only one game but he showed a lot of what Porzingis brings to the game.

tiger0330

Legend
July 30 almost here, the first day of the restart. NBA has done a great job in managing this virus, shutting down play at the first signs, installing these protocols, weird seeing the way the games are being played with no fans, the team announcers not even at the game. Fans aren't going to be cheated though, the games will be competitive snd played at a high level. The players look in great shape with guys like Melo looking lean and meaner than ever, Boban looks great also, JR and Waiters are back and look good great after extended layoffs.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Bol a steal at 44. Only one game but he showed a lot of what Porzingis brings to the game.

Bol Bol's college blocks (alone) put him in the top 20 picks in the 2019 draft.
It's way to many fans, GMs, and owners looking for a 3-point closer in every years draft since the 2012-13 GSW coach Mark Jackson let Curry close-out the final 3 minute of the majority of regular season games shooting 3's.

No matter how the NBA does the 2019-20 ROY .. I still give the award to the Grizz rookie Ja Morant.

Kiyaman

Legend
July 30 almost here, the first day of the restart. NBA has done a great job in managing this virus, shutting down play at the first signs, installing these protocols, weird seeing the way the games are being played with no fans, the team announcers not even at the game. Fans aren't going to be cheated though, the games will be competitive snd played at a high level. The players look in great shape with guys like Melo looking lean and meaner than ever, Boban looks great also, JR and Waiters are back and look good great after extended layoffs.

Adding veteran players JR and Waiters to the Lakers already championship roster ....
The Lakers are the 2019-20 NBA Champion !!!

What happen to the Brooklyn Nets rotation and roster?
The Nets exhibition games looked terrible without coach Atkinson.

tiger0330

Legend
Adding veteran players JR and Waiters to the Lakers already championship roster ....
The Lakers are the 2019-20 NBA Champion !!!

What happen to the Brooklyn Nets rotation and roster?
The Nets exhibition games looked terrible without coach Atkinson.
Lakers have been my pick to win it all from day 1. JVG thinks otherwise with the Clips being his favorite team and saying they're the deepest team in the league. JR looked good against the Wiz scoring 20, the guy hasn't played since 2018, unbelievable and makes you wonder why someone didn't pick him up earlier.

tiger0330

Legend
39 & 16... 10-11 from FT line.... KP on Fire. Did Mills really trade KP for DSJ?
THJ with 24 and called invaluable in the starting lineup. Trey Burke best player off their bench with 31 on like 8-9 from deep. This is Trey's 2nd turn with the Mavs after they traded him to the Sixers and Carlisle saying they liked him last season and were obviously glad he was back. I called this the worst trade in franchise history and it won't be only be because of KP. Mills was a moron that Knicks fans hope they never hear from again.

mafra

Legend
THJ with 24 and called invaluable in the starting lineup. Trey Burke best player off their bench with 31 on like 8-9 from deep. This is Trey's 2nd turn with the Mavs after they traded him to the Sixers and Carlisle saying they liked him last season and were obviously glad he was back. I called this the worst trade in franchise history and it won't be only be because of KP. Mills was a moron that Knicks fans hope they never hear from again.

I can?t add anything more... well said. We traded our best drafted player in 30 years to clear cap space in the vein hope the mercurial Kyrie and media sensitive KD would pick the moribund Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
Mavs set the NBA offensive rating for a first half in their game against the Rox with a rating of 141.7 obliterating the previous record of 115.9 held by the 2018 Warriors.