Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13334357585960616263646566 LastLast

Davis will sign an extension with LAK. He needs LJ to carry him and he’ll gladly play the part. He wanted LA or NY... with the GSW hobbled, WC is wide open and LAK can easily step into the void.

If 2 of those first rounders are LA’s own picks, then they are almost useless. Pick in the 20s, no? I mean, they are better than nothing but their value is what exactly?

4th pick in this draft is nice. Ball and Ingram? Well, first they have to prove they ain’t busts... and then what matters if they want out in 18 months?

I would’ve preferred Mitch and RJ and those 2 DAL picks, if it were me... but we probably didn’t offer that... let’s hope that was the smart play.

It looks like worst case scenario is happening... then again, if KD and KL sign here in 2 weeks... then who cares about AD, Zion or KD.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Davis will sign an extension with LAK. He needs LJ to carry him and he’ll gladly play the part. He wanted LA or NY... with the GSW hobbled, WC is wide open and LAK can easily step into the void.

If 2 of those first rounders are LA’s own picks, then they are almost useless. Pick in the 20s, no? I mean, they are better than nothing but their value is what exactly?

4th pick in this draft is nice. Ball and Ingram? Well, first they have to prove they ain’t busts... and then what matters if they want out in 18 months?

I would’ve preferred Mitch and RJ and those 2 DAL picks, if it were me... but we probably didn’t offer that... let’s hope that was the smart play.

It looks like worst case scenario is happening... then again, if KD and KL sign here in 2 weeks... then who cares about AD, Zion or KD.
    Lebron is 34-years-old and only played 55 games last season. Lakers right now is Lebron, AD, Kuzma, and...no one else of note. They will have cap space and it will be critical what they do with it. I can definitely see AD walking a year from now.

Veteran

Sounds like a good chance that Pelicans might flip that #4 pick for even more assets.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Lebron is 34-years-old and only played 55 games last season. Lakers right now is Lebron, AD, Kuzma, and...no one else of note. They will have cap space and it will be critical what they do with it. I can definitely see AD walking a year from now.
    Could be similar to the Howard situation, where it doesn’t work out and he leaves.

But Lakers have cap space to sign a max.... Kemba or Kyrie. Maybe they settle for a Rozier and Buttler duo instead.

I wonder if it makes more sense cap-wise to extend AD now or if the money works better to wait until next Summer?

Replacing what Hart, Ball, Ingram brought should be easy... roster full types.

Lakers were a playoff team before LJ injury.... they may have to rest LJ a bunch to keep him fresh... and AD has to prove he can stay healthy... but who is gonna bet against Lakers getting to Finals?

Watch all the vets run to LA to fill out the roster.

Veteran

Here’s my question. Will Kyrie, Kemba, or Kawhi go to the Lakers now? If Lakers end up with Lebron, AD, Kuzma, and Kawhi, then yeah, that is a team, even with the rest of the roster being lower tier players.

Veteran

Could be similar to the Howard situation, where it doesn’t work out and he leaves.

But Lakers have cap space to sign a max.... Kemba or Kyrie. Maybe they settle for a Rozier and Buttler duo instead.

I wonder if it makes more sense cap-wise to extend AD now or if the money works better to wait until next Summer?

Replacing what Hart, Ball, Ingram brought should be easy... roster full types.

Lakers were a playoff team before LJ injury.... they may have to rest LJ a bunch to keep him fresh... and AD has to prove he can stay healthy... but who is gonna bet against Lakers getting to Finals?

Watch all the vets run to LA to fill out the roster.
    Yeah, I was writing a similar post at the same time. Lakers are back to being a player in free agency. Still, they are taking a huge risk.

Yeah, I was writing a similar post at the same time. Lakers are back to being a player in free agency. Still, they are taking a huge risk.
    Major risk. AD may not be offered a max or may decline to sign it... Things might not work out... AD leaves. They’d be screwed and then those 2 picks could be lottery gems.

Ball, Ingrham, Hart will join Zion, Jrue and Randall. 6 man rotation.

Ball
    Jrue
    Ingram
    Zion
    Randall

Maybe they flip the 4th pick or grab a Culver/Hunter?

Meanwhile, Knicks get RJ/Ja, keep their assets. Maybe they sign KD, get back into lottery, then sign AD next summer.

Imagine that 2020-2021 roster!

12th man

Major risk. AD may not be offered a max or may decline to sign it... Things might not work out... AD leaves. They’d be screwed and then those 2 picks could be lottery gems.

Ball, Ingrham, Hart will join Zion, Jrue and Randall. 6 man rotation.

Ball
    Jrue
    Ingram
    Zion
    Randall

Maybe they flip the 4th pick or grab a Culver/Hunter?

Meanwhile, Knicks get RJ/Ja, keep their assets. Maybe they sign KD, get back into lottery, then sign AD next summer.

Imagine that 2020-2021 roster!

WOW-WOW! The LA Lakers now have Lebron & AD in their starting lineup for the 2019-20 season ..
    What are the odd's on the Lakers making it to next season FINALS having a healthy Lebron & AD
    ...and a injured GS Warriors team ???

Recall .. The Lakers were one of the NBA Top-3 worst NBA organization since 2011., even Kobe Bryant high scoring in his final years couldn't help the Lakers stay out of the pin-ball Lottery .... Dolan/Mills/Perry ???

The final deal for the Pelicans was a haul: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, the No. 4 overall pick this year and two other first-round picks. There were also reports of the Lakers forking over swap rights to other draft picks, meaning the Pelicans will own the rights to their picks for six or seven years.

Veteran

More trade rumors. Memphis looks like they might be getting close to trading Conley, possibly to Utah. This gives me increased confidence that Memphis does take Ja Morant and we land RJ Barrett on Thursday.

Also, possible that Pelicans use a package built around the #4 pick they received from Lakers to acquire Bradley Beal. That would give them Zion, Beal, Jrue Holiday, Lonzo, and Ingram, and they could resign Randle. Plus they would have all those future draft picks to further use to build.

Veteran

Contract negotiations apparently are done between Horford and Boston and he is now planning on declining his 30 million option and leaving in free agency.

12th man

Contract negotiations apparently are done between Horford and Boston and he is now planning on declining his 30 million option and leaving in free agency.

Horford's performance deserve to be on a championship team

Multiple outlets reported on Tuesday that contract talks have broken up between the Celtics and the five-time All Star Horford, meaning Boston could now be in the market for a big man, much the same as the Knicks after both teams missed out on Anthony Davis.

The Celtics may have found their answer.

Sources have told SNY Insider Ian Begley that the Celtics and Rockets have recently had discussions about Clint Capela.

———————-

Here we go...

I’m starting to think... if we can’t sign KL and/or KD (and I’m wondering if AD to Lakers may make it less attractive for KL to go home, and thus increase odds for NYK to land star, whom I believe will go to TOR,LAC, or NYK)....

I’m Starting to think of HOU can gather enough sexy assets... like say BOS sends 14 and 20 to HOU for Capella...

Maybe we do absorb Paul for a massive haul of picks.

We get 2 extra first rounders this year, grab another next year and then get a few more picks down the road... hmm...

We already have 7 picks coming next 5 drafts... imagine adding another 3 picks this year and next and then in 3-4 years... when Hou is in rebuild mode and in the lottery... we get 2 picks (or right to swap picks) at just about the time our young roster is hitting their prime?

I would actually prefer to take this route than the fool’s gold route. Brining in less than max talent for near max dollars won’t help our raw roster.

Might as well take the long plan and prepare for 2022.

Veteran

Multiple outlets reported on Tuesday that contract talks have broken up between the Celtics and the five-time All Star Horford, meaning Boston could now be in the market for a big man, much the same as the Knicks after both teams missed out on Anthony Davis.

The Celtics may have found their answer.

Sources have told SNY Insider Ian Begley that the Celtics and Rockets have recently had discussions about Clint Capela.

———————-

Here we go...

I’m starting to think... if we can’t sign KL and/or KD (and I’m wondering if AD to Lakers may make it less attractive for KL to go home, and thus increase odds for NYK to land star, whom I believe will go to TOR,LAC, or NYK)....

I’m Starting to think of HOU can gather enough sexy assets... like say BOS sends 14 and 20 to HOU for Capella...

Maybe we do absorb Paul for a massive haul of picks.

We get 2 extra first rounders this year, grab another next year and then get a few more picks down the road... hmm...

We already have 7 picks coming next 5 drafts... imagine adding another 3 picks this year and next and then in 3-4 years... when Hou is in rebuild mode and in the lottery... we get 2 picks (or right to swap picks) at just about the time our young roster is hitting their prime?

I would actually prefer to take this route than the fool’s gold route. Brining in less than max talent for near max dollars won’t help our raw roster.

Might as well take the long plan and prepare for 2022.
    I don’t know, man. Paul is owed 80 million over the next 2 seasons and then has a 44 million dollar player option. That’s 3 seasons of salary cap death. You help Houston get Paul off the roster and Morey will find a way to use the cap space to rebuild around Harden. You could end up with a bunch of late 1st round picks.

I only feel like future 1st round picks have attractive value if the team has a good chance of falling apart and giving you a lottery pick. Morey keeps the Rockets competitive year after year.

12th man

Both CP3 and their GM Morey say it’s not true. Off season got more interesting if both Conley and CP3 are going to new teams this off season.

Last edited by tiger0330; Jun 18, 2019 at 22:47.