Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
KCP uses threat of NYK to extract 3/40 from LAK. It was such an obvious Kutch leak I can?t believe they bought it.

Good news is he ain?t coming here.

Makes me wonder why BB backed out of trade to MIL. Was he promised a contract here?

I still say sign BI to max and for NO?s hands.

And, if DSJ/Frank, in year 4, can?t force Thibs to play them over EP, then all 3 are gone in 7 months.

tiger0330

Legend
Teague to BOS on a 1 year deal.
This team will be worse than last years team. The guys were role players but seasoned vets like Taj, Portis, Ellington etc could win you a few games. Seems like most of the FA talent have found homes by now so the prospect of adding anybody looks bleak, maybe Rose does pull the trigger on Russ now.

This team will be worse than last years team. The guys were role players but seasoned vets like Taj, Portis, Ellington etc could win you a few games. Seems like most of the FA talent have found homes by now so the prospect of adding anybody looks bleak, maybe Rose does pull the trigger on Russ now.

I think we?re reluctant to do anything that will affect cap space in 2021. Once again we?re going to save major cap space to pretend that we have a chance at signing stars in free agency.

tiger0330

Legend
Mitchell also signs the same max contract extension as Tatum, 195M. Dotson signs 4M/ 2yr deal with Cavs just to show you not everyone is a multi-jillionaire in the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend

Consensus of opinion about the Knicks is shaping up per the below from Newsday. Read some NBA exec also said the Knicks might be worse than last years team as well. So much for Rose and Thibs turning this around with the league hitting an historic 80 FA deals since last week, with few FAs left to sign that could improve this team.

"The Knicks? They finished the weekend with a flurry of moves but still found themselves with a roster that might be worse than the one with which they began last season."

"t’s a little surprising,’’ one NBA executive said. “You can make the argument they got worse.”

Last edited:
I get the impression that the front office didn?t want to repeat last year?s assembly of a mid to low lottery pick team. They put together a team that is very much going to compete for a high lottery pick. I guess we?re in The Process.

mafra

Legend
The Kings chose not to match the Hawks four-year, $72 million offer sheet on Bogdan Bogdanovic, officially making him an Atlanta Hawk.

The Kings chose roster flexibility and letting Bogdanovic walk for free over keeping him and the Hawks will now feature a potential starting five of Trae Young, Bogdanovic, Danilo Gallinari, John Collins and Clint Capela along with a stable of good, young players. The future is (finally) looking bright in Atlanta.

How come ATL can sign Danilo and BB but Knicks still signing 1-year stopgap guys?

tiger0330

Legend
The Kings chose not to match the Hawks four-year, $72 million offer sheet on Bogdan Bogdanovic, officially making him an Atlanta Hawk.

The Kings chose roster flexibility and letting Bogdanovic walk for free over keeping him and the Hawks will now feature a potential starting five of Trae Young, Bogdanovic, Danilo Gallinari, John Collins and Clint Capela along with a stable of good, young players. The future is (finally) looking bright in Atlanta.

(
(
(
How come ATL can sign Danilo and BB but Knicks still signing 1-year stopgap guys?[/]b

That PR guy Steve Stoute is full of it saying we finally have 3 guys, me WW and Rose here that can convince guys to come to NYC. I'm not buying they're saving the ammunition for the 2021 season either because you need more than one quality FA and one of them could have been signed this year. Rose got run over in this FA stampede if you ask me.

mafra

Legend
We didnt get Zion... maybe we get Cade Cunningham, then use some of the 19 picks we have the next 6 seasons to trade for something....

If the kids flash potential, with those 2 aforementioned possibilities, we may lure a free agent.... but even then I doubt it.

That PR guy Steve Stoute is full of it saying we finally have 3 guys, me WW and Rose here that can convince guys to come to NYC. I'm not buying they're saving the ammunition for the 2021 season either because you need more than one quality FA and one of them could have been signed this year. Rose got run over in this FA stampede if you ask me.

It?s going to be the same thing in 2021. Star free agents will target teams on which they can most easily win a championship. Watch the Lakers somehow get another star. We?ll get nothing if the 2020-21 offseason isn?t a good season and we are not teed up to have a good season.

tiger0330

Legend
I’m hearing Harden to GSW a possibility...
I don't see it unless it was for a healthy Klay. Houston is on the record of keeping Harden and seeing if the new dynamic duo of Wall and Harden can be competitive in the WC, going to be hard for anyone to beat the Lakers unless age finally catches up with LeBron.

mafra

Legend
I thought just the tax thing nominations would be onerous. If they had to pay 80 mil tax for signing Oubre...