Other NBA games and League

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Hawks are literally crushing the Sixers! 74 points and a 21 point lead with seconds still to be played in the second quarter

mafra

Legend
Philly seems less equipped to handle Atlanta than we were. Atlanta has opened up a 20 point 1st half lead.

And the dude who gave Randle trouble - DeAndre Hunter ? couldn?t play today.

ATL one of the hottest teams in NBA, with a legit scoring star. No shame losing to them, for us. If PHI losses, they have to break up the band.

Now we need LAC to lose today, to force KL out the door?

And, there?s this:

Jason Kidd has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Portland Trail Blazers head-coaching vacancy.

Earlier this week, Damian Lillard told Yahoo Sports that "Jason Kidd is the guy I want." However, over the weekend, Kidd told ESPN: "Portland's a first-class organization and will have great candidates for its head coaching job, but I've decided not to be one of them. Whoever they choose will have big shoes to fill from Terry [Stotts]."

Philly fought until the better end but Atlanta gets the win. Remains to be seen if Atlanta can do what they did in that 1st half again or if it is a fluke. Needless to say, Philly feeling our pain of falling behind 1 - 0 at home.

Despite another huge game from Doncic, Mavericks complete the massive choke job. After winning first 2 in LA, they then lose 4 out of 5, including all 3 games at home. Dallas is done.

Expect Cuban to be active this off-season. He?s stuck with another 3 seasons of 30+ million for KP (including a player option), but he otherwise has an entire roster to rebuild with THJ and some others coming off the books.

I?d say look for Cuban to try to be in play for Lillard, but thanks to the KP trade, he doesn?t have any near future 1st round picks to make it happen.

mafra

Legend
KP/THjr shoot a combined 1-14 from downtown in Game 7.

Neither are a 3rd option on a title team, although Timmy played like one until midway thru 3rd of Game 6.

tiger0330

Legend
Despite another huge game from Doncic, Mavericks complete the massive choke job. After winning first 2 in LA, they then lose 4 out of 5, including all 3 games at home. Dallas is done.

Expect Cuban to be active this off-season. He’s stuck with another 3 seasons of 30+ million for KP (including a player option), but he otherwise has an entire roster to rebuild with THJ and some others coming off the books.

I’d say look for Cuban to try to be in play for Lillard, but thanks to the KP trade, he doesn’t have any near future 1st round picks to make it happen.

Cuban is a deal maker, I expect him to be active this off-season. Signing THJ might not be a priority for him and did KP do enough in game 7 to avoid being offered up in trade talks, I'd look to deal him with his knee injury history and what he produced in the playoffs. He may be able to get those picks back and some cap flexibility if he can trade Porzingis though it won't be easy to deal him.

mafra

Legend
Thinking of how giddy Cuban was after the deal, with him gloating and full of glee, how sweet this morning is!

I don?t think anyone is beating Brooklyn in the playoffs.

No Harden and they are still just destroying Milwaukee.

I think Brooklyn is going to get what they paid for. Easily an Eastern conference title, most likely an NBA title.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don’t think anyone is beating Brooklyn in the playoffs.

No Harden and they are still just destroying Milwaukee.

I think Brooklyn is going to get what they paid for. Easily an Eastern conference title, most likely an NBA title.

Tonight, 125-86 WIN by the Brooklyn Nets dynamic performance were off the charts, practically winning the game in the first quarter by taking a 17 pt lead to end the quarter at 36-19.
Nets lead series over Bucks 2-0
The Brooklyn Nets are really going to the FINALS !!!

mafra

Legend
Nets shot 21-42 from downtown, without James Harden.

8-14 (KD & Kyrie)
13-28 (everybody else)

That?s the key right there, the supporting cast drained their open looks. KD/Kyrie cruise bc their teammates made it so MIL couldn?t focus their defense on them.

tiger0330

Legend
Sixers decision won't be to sit him for game 5 but to sit him for the series and beyond. That tear isn't getting better with one days rest and will probably get worse but they'll need him for the Nets series. NY Times carried a story on the front page with this headline.

Kevin Durant and (possibly) the greatest basketball team of all time.

Mentioned the NY Times headline in the above post because I've been on the Nets band wagon since they obtained the Beard. They didn't even need him to destroy the Bucks and I can't wait until he gets back to finally see what the big 3 can do for the rest of the season, going to take more than a strained hammy to keep him out for the rest of the playoffs, I expect he's itching to get back.

Celtics reportedly looking to trade Kemba Walker. He has one year at 30+ million plus a player option left on his contract.

tiger0330

Legend
Sounds like the 31 yr-old Wall is available as well.

Saw a guy on Twitter saying there was some level of interest by the Knicks for Wall. I'd rather give DRose a 30M 2 year deal than get a guy that only played 40 games and shot 40% 80M for 2 years.

mafra

Legend
Gonna be interesting to see if MIL can force a 2-2 Game 5 scenario and out the first pressure on KI/KD.

Utah spoiling all the LA bandwagoners who assumes LAC would make the Finals.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gonna be interesting to see if MIL can force a 2-2 Game 5 scenario and out the first pressure on KI/KD.

Utah spoiling all the LA bandwagoners who assumes LAC would make the Finals.

The future tells me ....
After watching Game-1 win .. but Game-2 win by 40 pts!
Says, Brooklyn Nets will win the series!" .. with Big-2 or Big-3
It doesn't matter if Bucks push the series to 6 or 7 games the out-come will still remain Brooklyn going to the ECF.

I'm rooting for Nets, and future HOF Chris Paul's Suns ....
However, Donovan Mitchell, Conley, Gobert, and Clarkson's Utah Jazz are getting the CHIP !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Seems like all the momentum Atlanta brought into round 2 is gone. Sixers handling them easily in Atlanta.

For some unknown reason .. I want the Atlanta Hawks to push the Philly series to 6 or 7 games.
Come on Hawks .. u beat my Knicks .. now represent Atlanta by using the team depth for a win to tie the series at 2-2 on Monday night.