Other NBA games and League

I?m more concerned with his dedication, for he enjoys Hollywood more than being great.

But, if all PHi asked for was Knox, IQ, Toppin and 2 of our top 3 picks this draft?. I couldn?t say no.

It?s that 30+ million contract that scares me most of all. Simmons is making 40 million in 2024-25. That is a potential franchise killer over the next 4 seasons unless he learns to shoot. You could almost argue assets should be going out from Philly, not coming in, to move him.

As an aside, I think IQ is untouchable. His game is mini-Trae Young with the extended 3 point range, ability to draw fouls, very high FT percentage, and developing runner in the lane. He needs to develop his court vision and grow as a passer and he is a starter in this league, maybe a very good one, for a long time.

Last edited:
2021 Draft order:
1. Detroit
2. Houston
3. Cleveland
4. Toronto
5. Orlando

Cade to Detroit? My sympathies to the young man.

Orlando picks 5th and 8th. Be interesting to see if they try to package and trade up to top 3 or if they are a target for another team to trade up to one of their top 8 picks.

tiger0330

Legend
Clippers Paul George chokes and misses 2 FTs in the final seconds that allows the Suns to make an alley oop putback by Ayton off their inbounds to give them a 1 pt win. Great pinpoint pass by Crowder to Ayton that he just had to guide in make the bucket. They often ask who you would want to take the last shot to win the game, I would not want Melo or George to take that shot. Clips are not coming back from a 0-2 hole without Kawhi.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Trae with another incredible game. Hard to believe the 2 best players in that draft got traded for each other. Though I think if DAL had Trae they would have advanced to the 2nd round.

When he came into the league I said he’s one of the guys I’d pay money to see play. He hasn’t disappointed anyone esp. ATL fans.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I kind of had that feeling, more of a wishful thinking?. That the winner of ATL/NYK would have a nice run in them

Part of this was believing the injuries were leveling the playing field, and both were quality ?teams? with chemistry that could defend.

Ignite a Young or Randle, get help from their role playing friends. Defend. Stay in it and fight the full 48.

Just incredible. Could be ATL - PHO Finals.

Rick Carlisle hired as Indiana Pacers head coach. His 2nd stint with the team.

Apparently, Carlisle said that Dallas should hire Jason Kidd because he would go well with Doncic. This is now the 2nd team where someone has publicly said they should hire Kidd. Kidd said no to Portland. I wonder if he wants Dallas at all.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rick Carlisle hired as Indiana Pacers head coach. His 2nd stint with the team.

Apparently, Carlisle said that Dallas should hire Jason Kidd because he would go well with Doncic. This is now the 2nd team where someone has publicly said they should hire Kidd. Kidd said no to Portland. I wonder if he wants Dallas at all.

Wow .. I thought Carlisle was headed to Boston .. Good luck in Indiana lol
Cuba cussed-out Kidd every which way when Kidd signed on to the Knicks in 2012.
Kidd saying no to Portland .. and Carlisle mentioning Kidd should replace him in Dallas .. Plus Lebron changing numbers, may also want to change assistant-coach to head-coach this offseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's a WAR in the first-half of the Hawks & Bucks Game-3 ....
Both teams are scrambling hard while helping their star player in scoring
TIED at Half-Time .. Hawks 56 - Bucks 56

After trailing most of the game, Bucks steamroll Hawks in the 4th quarter. I think Atlanta?s impressive run is coming to a close.

mafra

Legend
95-90 ATL until a 15-5 run sealed game.

Middleton with 20 in the 4th ATL had 17.

It was 107-100 and Gallinari creates wide open 3 look for Trae Young and shot just went plat-boom-brick. He was 6-14 from 3 with 4 assists.

The key to beating ATL is limiting Young?s creating?. Keep the other uninvolved. Let him chuck up ten plus threes a game and hold his assists to under 5.

Young isn?t a good 3-point shooter.

tiger0330

Legend
95-90 ATL until a 15-5 run sealed game.

Middleton with 20 in the 4th ATL had 17.

It was 107-100 and Gallinari creates wide open 3 look for Trae Young and shot just went plat-boom-brick. He was 6-14 from 3 with 4 assists.

The key to beating ATL is limiting Young’s creating…. Keep the other uninvolved. Let him chuck up ten plus threes a game and hold his assists to under 5.

Young isn’t a good 3-point shooter.
Trae out with that injury but they won with Lou playing PG. Hawks proving they can win without Trae but can the Bucks win without Freak who injured his knee.

David Fizdale finalizing deal to join Lakers staff as assistant coach.

Glad to hear this news for Fizdale. Incredibly nice man and a class act from the day he was hired to the day he was fired with the Knicks. I wish him best of luck with this new job.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe the Sun's shouldn't have surprised me with that 8 game winning streak to end their season in the Orlando bubble but their getting into the NBA finals over the Lakers, Clips and Utah surprised me. I thought several teams in the NBA had better lineups like the aforementioned teams and the Bucks and Sixers. Glad CP3 finally gets to the championship game after all these years playing alongside some great players, read he was rusty coming off his layoff but he poured in 41 pts in the deciding game to put the Clips away.