Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Markelle Fultz became the youngest player in NBA history to triple-double on Wednesday, scoring 13 points with 10 rebounds, 10 assists, two steals and one block.
Fultz edges out Lonzo Ball as the youngest player with a trip-dub and he continues to impress off the bench for the surging Sixers. Despite near-constant fretting about Fultz's jumper and shoulder injury this season, he's looked great since returning to action on Mar. 26. He's helped the Sixers sustain their incredible 16-game win streak, despite the recent absence of Joel Embiid, and the future is now for this rebuilt squad. Trust the Process, indeed.

Kiyaman

Legend
Should the Knicks Perry put in a early bid to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard ???
Before other East teams sweeten up the pot .. like the Cavs or Boston.

tiger0330

Legend
Pistons won their first 4 with Blake but are now 2-10 since the then. Will SVG fire himself and from which job head coach or President of bball operations. Lol. That team isn't going anywhere next year either even with Jackson back. Damn shame there was more noise in that building for the Raps when Vanvleet hit the game winner and it was a Detroit home game. One thing about Knicks fans they are the best win or lose.

SVG out as Pres and HC of the Pistons. Another team that needs a shakeup like this are the SAC Kings, Divac hasn't done crap with that team though I think Ranadive might give Joerger and Divac one more season to turn around the ship.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23433859/detroit-pistons-stan-van-gundy-part-ways-four-seasons

mafra

Legend
Donovan Mitchell (foot) was unanimously selected to the All-Rookie First Team.

Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum, Kyle Kuzma and Lauri Markkanen were also selected to the All-Rookie First Team, while Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith Jr., Bogdan Bogdanovic, Josh Jackson and John Collins received All-Rookie Second Team honors. Mitchell is reportedly still sporting a walking boot after suffering a foot injury during the fourth quarter of Utah's Game 5 loss to Houston, but the injury is not considered serious and he's fully expected to be 100% by the time training camp rolls along.

mafra

Legend
Alvin Gentry says the entire Pelican front office wants to keep Cousins...

Meanwhile...

Karl-Anthony Towns - F/C - Timberwolves
The Timberwolves have "taken some calls" on Karl-Anthony Towns, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.

Earlier this week on his podcast, ESPN's Zach Lowe said that Towns and the Wolves were "not in a good place." Windhorst reports that he doesn't think the Wolves are looking to trade KAT, but "teams are definitely sniffing around." It seems extremely unlikely that Minnesota would seriously consider moving Towns, but stranger things have happened.

(I would offer next year?s first and KP)

mafra

Legend
Word out of SA is that they are trying to re-sign KL... even at 200 mil... I wonder if a KL for KAT deal could work....

mafra

Legend
I think SA would love that, but I wouldn?t do it if I was Minny.

I concur... other parts or picks would have to flow MIN?s way.

Anyway, with Rodney Hood falling out of favor in CLE... I wonder if he could be had cheaply? Couldn?t hurt rolling dice on guys like Hood and Herzongia.

I think DAL will make a run at Randle or Cousins... I doubt NYK has a shot at any of the top free agents.

mafra

Legend
Stephen Silas has agreed to a multi-year deal to join the Mavericks coaching staff as Rick Carlise's lead assistant...

Hey, my last hit in HS came against S.Silas.

Broadway

All Star
The Bryan Colangelo burner account story is about as wild as they come. Never was a fan of his smug, snotty, wide collar, family privileged self. Get Sam Hinkie back in this league Adam Silver

The Bryan Colangelo burner account story is about as wild as they come. Never was a fan of his smug, snotty, wide collar, family privileged self. Get Sam Hinkie back in this league Adam Silver

This is the greatest story in the history of sports. Just saw the part about trading "The Process" for the "The Unicorn" because he is such a smarter player. Best sports story ever.

tiger0330

Legend
Colangelo denies it. Let's see where this goes but I don't see the motivation for an NBA executive to act like a temperamental buffoon, maybe it's the Trump effect where you say anything you want on Twitter no matter what your position is.

tiger0330

Legend
This is the greatest story in the history of sports. Just saw the part about trading "The Process" for the "The Unicorn" because he is such a smarter player. Best sports story ever.
This is the Twitter post. Full of grammar and spelling errors. If Colangelo did post this he's doing a great job of impersonating a high school dropout.

Earlier this season, HonestAbe compared him unfavorably to the Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis. “I am a Philly fan but out trade The process for The Unicorn in a heart bit,” the account wrote. “Such a smarter player.”

tiger0330

Legend
We've been talking about the horrible ref'ing and putting in a challenge system for these game changing calls and the NBA is going to experiment with it in Summer League. I would think they would try it out in the G-League for a while after that and maybe it gets implemented the following season if it's successful.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
This is the Twitter post. Full of grammar and spelling errors. If Colangelo did post this he's doing a great job of impersonating a high school dropout.

Earlier this season, HonestAbe compared him unfavorably to the Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis. “I am a Philly fan but out trade The process for The Unicorn in a heart bit,” the account wrote. “Such a smarter player.”

I don't think they'll ever be an NBA story to top how bizarre this was...UNREAL!

tiger0330

Legend
I don't think they'll ever be an NBA story to top how bizarre this was...UNREAL!

So his wife admitted it. I heard she may have been involved because she wiped her phone attempting to cover her tracks. I was thinking the same thing, a strange story and Colangelo resigning makes me wonder why the same hasn't happened to Trump.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2017-18 NBA Awards go to .....

Rookie of Year .. Ben Simmons
The most improve player .. Victor Oladipo
The Defensive player .. Rudy Gobert
The 6th Man player .. Lou Williams
The Top Coach .. Dwayne Casey
The NBA Philanthropy-assist .. Keven Durant
The Best player ever in the history of NBA .. Oscar Robinson (The BIG-O !!!)
The NBA 2017-18 MVP Player goes to .. James Harden !!!
\

+

Kiyaman

Legend
So his wife admitted it. I heard she may have been involved because she wiped her phone attempting to cover her tracks. I was thinking the same thing, a strange story and Colangelo resigning makes me wonder why the same hasn't happened to Trump.

The 76ers need HELP in their Management !!!
As soon as Colangelo and wife became a topic the 76er's coach Brett Brown fell victim to Boston coach Brad Stevens in 5 quick games in the post season. Then ...
When the 76ers traded their 2018 10th pick a 2-Way multi-position 6.7 G/F Mikal Bridges, whom spent 3 years in Villanova under coach Jay Wright to win a Championship .... I thought Mikal Bridges were the right "Bench-Fuller" for the 76er's starting lineup of Fultz/Reddick/Simmons/Saric/Embiid.
Philly 76er's management traded a NBA Ready Mikal Bridges to the Phoenix Suns for a 2 yr G.League Zhaire Smith WTF !!!
Here's how things look for the 76er's missing-management position ....

Since the dismissal of Bryan Colangelo in June, coach Brett Brown has served as the franchise's interim GM surrounded with front-office executives Ned Cohen, Marc Eversley and Elton Brand. The Sixers are promoting those three executives on Monday into expanded roles and new titles, league sources said.
Cohen (assistant general manager) and Eversley (senior VP of player personnel) are the primary day-to-day operators of the front office -- with Brand (VP of basketball operations) working in the Sixers' front office and running the G League affiliate in Delaware.

Philadelphia will also promote Alex Rucker (senior VP of analytics and strategy) and move assistant coach Kevin Young onto the front of the bench to replace Jim O'Brien, who will now serve as a senior advisor to Brown.
"We have a skilled and stable staff who share the same vision under Brett," Harris told ESPN. "We prefer to find someone, but we don't want to feel forced into compromising."

The 76ers inquired about several top front-office executives, but rival owners seldom have interest in allowing those kinds of individuals permission to exit contracts -- even if that GM had interest in exploring the Sixers' opening. Philadelphia has been gathering information on several assistant GM candidates and non-top executives in recent weeks, league sources said. The next pool of candidates would have a far easier ability to accept a job with the Sixers.

"There are a very small number of elite sitting GMs, and they're generally under contract with teams for a long time," Harris told ESPN. "Those situations tend not to change much. For us, we need someone to add real value, which includes looking at young up-and-coming basketball executives and non-traditional candidates.
"We're going to have a pretty selective list. This is not going to be huge tournament. We're going to talk to some people who aren't sitting GMs who could add value to our situation.

"What I've learned is that GM job has got many facets, and that it's a learned skill. It's certainly got a public-facing nature to it, but management and very strong relationships are important -- and very few people who are not sitting GMs have all of those components. We have strengths in all those areas around our front office right now."
The Sixers continue to exclude the possibility of Brown holding onto the interim GM role for the long-term, even if he carries that title through the 2018-19 season. Brown signed a three-year contract extension through the 2021-22 season this spring.