Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38586882838485868788
Results 1,306 to 1,310 of 1310

The NBA has indefinitely postponed its NBA Draft Lottery and Draft Combine.

This news was expected for weeks and it's official on the first day of May. It's obviously not possible to even do the draft lottery when we don't have final standings for the season yet. Additionally, unlike the NFL Draft with NFL teams able to go to the NFL Combine to get some info on prospects, the NBA will have some new challenges when it comes to scouting for their 2020 draft picks. The NBA may have to cancel the combine this year, and they will likely have to approach the draft lottery differently, as well.

Rotoworld

Kai Sotto, a 7-2 center from the Philippines, will skip college and will become the first international draft prospect to sign a deal in the NBA G League according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
    It's another tough blow for the NCAA with Sotto joining other top prospects such as Jalen Green, Isaiah Todd and Daishen Nix on the new G League team in Southern California. The new team is a "select team" that won’t be affiliated with any individual G League franchise and will play a limited schedule. Sotto will make a six figure salary and develop in an NBA atmosphere as he prepares for the 2021 draft.

NYP

Talk about a pile of salt added to the Knicks’ wounds if Derek Harper’s Kristaps Porzingis guarantee comes true.

Harper, who manned the Knicks’ point-guard spot from 1994 to 1996, is a longtime TV analyst for the Mavericks. He never won a title playing for Dallas or the Knicks, but Harper believes he will add another championship ring as a Mavs broadcaster to his 2012 jewel now that Porzingis’ star has aligned with Luka Doncic’s.

“Those two stars together, the future, despite all this craziness now, the two of them together, they can coexist,” Harper told The Post in a phone interview. “That’s always a question. Can Magic play with Kareem? Can Bird play with McHale? So on. Those two guys are going to make Dallas a championship team. No question in my mind. Between the two of them, the Mavericks are going to win a championship – or two.

Lavar Ball says his son made Kuzma and Zion:

“Take my boy out the situation and see how much buzz you get,” Ball said on Complex’s “Load Management” podcast. “He’d probably still be out for the season.” Ball added that Lonzo’s play was essential to unlocking Zion’s game. “I don’t care how fast you can run and jump. If you ain’t got anybody to get you that ball, guess what are you going to be doing? Running and jumping out there for nothing.”

“Look what happened to Kuzma (this year). They thought I was crazy when I was telling them Lonzo made Kuzma.”

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    NYP

Talk about a pile of salt added to the Knicks’ wounds if Derek Harper’s Kristaps Porzingis guarantee comes true.

Harper, who manned the Knicks’ point-guard spot from 1994 to 1996, is a longtime TV analyst for the Mavericks. He never won a title playing for Dallas or the Knicks, but Harper believes he will add another championship ring as a Mavs broadcaster to his 2012 jewel now that Porzingis’ star has aligned with Luka Doncic’s.

“Those two stars together, the future, despite all this craziness now, the two of them together, they can coexist,” Harper told The Post in a phone interview. “That’s always a question. Can Magic play with Kareem? Can Bird play with McHale? So on. Those two guys are going to make Dallas a championship team. No question in my mind. Between the two of them, the Mavericks are going to win a championship – or two.
    I watch a lot of Mavs games and Harp loves those 2. I don't see guaranteed championship yet from those 2, I think the Pels are just as close and maybe even closer with a potential big 3 in Ingram, Z and Zo. Include a very good Holiday and the Pels may make some noise in a couple of years.