Other NBA games and League

Thank the nba gods. They're pulling the plug on that crap summer league PJ had the Knicks playing in the past 2 summers.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic has decided to end their annual summer league.
Magic president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman said Sunday the trend of NBA teams playing in the Las Vegas Summer League led to the decision end Orlando Pro Summer League. Orlando's Summer League, which showcased rookies and young players, began in 2002.
Las Vegas will host all 30 teams for the summer league beginning in the summer of 2018. The Orlando Pro Summer League began as a 10-team tournament but there were just eight participating teams this past summer.
The summer league in Orlando, which is played in the Magic's practice gym, was the only one of three leagues that did not allow fans to come in to watch.

Great news. Vegas games are way more fun to watch and better competition. That Orlando Summer League was the opposite of what you wanted to see to get excited about some young players.

tiger0330

Legend
Heat end Celts 16 game win streak 104-98. Thunder beat the world champ Warriors 108-91, Knicks fans love to blame the Thunders slow start on Iso Melo but truth be told Westbrook has been a bigger problem, finally had a dominant game scoring 34 pts. PG and Melo have to defer to RW if they're going to be successful this season.

Looks like Rose taking time off from the team again.

Maybe one of the mentally softest athletes of all-time? Just retire, Rose. You were amazing before your 1st major knee injury, but this is basically a farce of a career at this point.

Kiyaman

Legend
Bos wins their 14th straight against the WC Warriors 92-88. This is a special team that holds the #1 team in scoring to 30pts below their avg. of 120. Warriors have been blowing out teams in the 3rd but not the Celts who came from 17 down to tie it to start the 4th. They're a surprisingly great defensive team that plays without a dominant big man inside or shot blocker but play a swarming switching defense. I said it above this may be a special season even w/o Hayward.
BOS shot just 32% 21% from 3 but still managed to win the game. Did it with a massive FT difference, I'm sure Kerr is going to have something to say about that.

Truth b said .. i doubt Boston could have went on this 14 game winning streak having Hayward in the lineup .. I understand why Boston wanted a F/C Hayward to play alongside of Horford in a lineup, plus also be Horford backup to make the Hayward signing based on Boston having double-trouble Bigs in their rotation for playoff series opponents.
The Kyrie addition to the Celtricks rotation was a great move to replace a high energy PG Isiaih Thomas .. I never seen any type of potential in Kyrie performance until Kyrie's 2nd season playing under player/coach Lebron James.
To me Kyrie would've turned out to be another tier-2 level PG Sessions if Lebron did not return to Cleveland.

Looks like Rose taking time off from the team again.

And u notice the Cavs team has been on a 6-0 winning streak with a DNP Rose !!!
Either Rose is probably going through the same DNP training-camp Kyrie DNP had to go through his first season playing with Lebron or .....
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2154

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe one of the mentally softest athletes of all-time? Just retire, Rose. You were amazing before your 1st major knee injury, but this is basically a farce of a career at this point.

He's a head case for sure. Dude is on a 1 yr min contract and if had any intentions of staying in the league he would be going through treatment, supporting his team and rehabbing to return ASAP. Pretty sure he's done after this, no team wants a quitter.

Kiyaman

Legend
Told y'all D-Rose was a Bum, Selfish, and Dumb as Rocks. We dodged a bullet by not signing him

Im still upset we gave up Lopez n Grant for Rose, which forced us to sign Noah (a player who really dont want any part of the Knicks organization).

Kiyaman

Legend
Every time i watch one of Philly 76ers games their young-core players look ready for a play-off season .. Philly as a team shows little weakness .. Philly will try to unload their veteran PG Bayless in a trade this season .. I hope Mills/Perry are not interested .. Sessions n Jack are much better PG than Bayless

tiger0330

Legend
Heat end Celts 16 game win streak 104-98. Thunder beat the world champ Warriors 108-91, Knicks fans love to blame the Thunders slow start on Iso Melo but truth be told Westbrook has been a bigger problem, finally had a dominant game scoring 34 pts. PG and Melo have to defer to RW if they're going to be successful this season.
What a train wreck in OKC. Get beat by the Magic who came in with a 9 game losing streak 121-108. RW had a sensational game but they still lose, plenty of season left to fix this but they may not with the 3 high usage ball dominant guys they have, how does Donavan get the ball movement he wants with 3 guys that have never played that way.

What a train wreck in OKC. Get beat by the Magic who came in with a 9 game losing streak 121-108. RW had a sensational game but they still lose, plenty of season left to fix this but they may not with the 3 high usage ball dominant guys they have, how does Donavan get the ball movement he wants with 3 guys that have never played that way.

They won?t be able to fix it. Trading for Melo was a mistake if you want to win. Whatever he gives you on offense he gives right back with his poor defense. Knicks fans know this better than anyone. Finally, it?s someone else?s problem to solve.

Kiyaman

Legend
They won?t be able to fix it. Trading for Melo was a mistake if you want to win. Whatever he gives you on offense he gives right back with his poor defense. Knicks fans know this better than anyone. Finally, it?s someone else?s problem to solve.

:agreed:So so true .. trading for Melo was a big-big mistake .. how does i guy be in the NBA for 14 years averaging above 30 minutes per game throughout his career and dont know how to switch on defense or stay in front of his opponent as a defender? HOW???

tiger0330

Legend
I agree, I wouldn't make any predictions about the Cavs until IT is back. You expect the Cavs to struggle losing someone like Kyrie. The Warriors have lost 3 games and it's not Nov. yet, last year they didn't lose their 3rd game until Dec. is anyone predicting they won't be in the NBA finals next year. The Knicks have really looked good the last 2 games but they had about a .500 record until that Xmas game in Boston last year and then nose dived. But for a couple of months I think we were hopeful about making the playoffs last year.

Cavs win tenth straight. Starting to get it rolling.... and IT isn't even back yet.
Looks like things are returning to normal with both the Cavs and Warriors returning to their winning ways. Guys around here should know better than to doubt Lebron, how many teams has he lead into the playoffs and finals?

Now let's hope the Knicks don't revert back to pre-season expectations and become the 30 win team the pundits predicted unless you're on the tank bandwagon. You can see a possible collapse coming though with so many road games coming up but I think this year is different, they're playing D w/o Melo and DRose and the god awful triangle is gone so we may fight for a playoff spot this year. Short of the playoffs I'd like to see Frank and Dotson come along faster, most disappointing to me is Franks inability to stay on the floor, he can't get better if he is always on the injury list.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like things are returning to normal with both the Cavs and Warriors returning to their winning ways. Guys around here should know better than to doubt Lebron, how many teams has he lead into the playoffs and finals?

Now let's hope the Knicks don't revert back to pre-season expectations and become the 30 win team the pundits predicted unless you're on the tank bandwagon. You can see a possible collapse coming though with so many road games coming up but I think this year is different, they're playing D w/o Melo and DRose and the god awful triangle is gone so we may fight for a playoff spot this year. Short of the playoffs I'd like to see Frank and Dotson come along faster, most disappointing to me is Franks inability to stay on the floor, he can't get better if he is always on the injury list.
Donovan Mitchell with 24pts 5/10 from 3 and played 36 mins most minutes of any Jazz player, no one else even played 30 minutes. Frank not being on the floor with all his injuries is disappointing enough but where is this potential the Knicks saw that said he was going to be better than DM 3 years out. DM best PG in this draft and ironically the Jazz have him playing off the ball with Rubio.

Broadway

All Star
Donovan Mitchell with 24pts 5/10 from 3 and played 36 mins most minutes of any Jazz player, no one else even played 30 minutes. Frank not being on the floor with all his injuries is disappointing enough but where is this potential the Knicks saw that said he was going to be better than DM 3 years out. DM best PG in this draft and ironically the Jazz have him playing off the ball with Rubio.

Of all the rookies this past summer's draft he has shown the most of his talent thus far...not to be mistaken with Ben Simmons(clear ROY by a wide margin) lack of showing. I'm speaking specifically to being able to see the full arsenal(shooting, passing defending, athleticism, IQ, physicality) on a nightly basis. Oh and he's a highlight reel himself...

Once again I've stood by the notion Phil Jackson's drafting acumen has been wildly overrated. Jayson Tatum has been incredibly impressive himself, really such a poised and polished player. He's going to have a GREAT career Paul Piercish

tiger0330

Legend
Of all the rookies this past summer's draft he has shown the most of his talent thus far...not to be mistaken with Ben Simmons(clear ROY by a wide margin) lack of showing. I'm speaking specifically to being able to see the full arsenal(shooting, passing defending, athleticism, IQ, physicality) on a nightly basis. Oh and he's a highlight reel himself...

Once again I've stood by the notion Phil Jackson's drafting acumen has been wildly overrated. Jayson Tatum has been incredibly impressive himself, really such a poised and polished player. He's going to have a GREAT career Paul Piercish
Simmons is more like a red shirt freshman not a true rook from the last draft. I love Mitchell, didn't really follow him when he was in Louisville but he can ball, I guess the knock on him was his size he's listed generously at 6'3" but he's more like 6'1" without shoes. I don't know if you saw that vid I made of a play he made against the Bucks and the last guy he beat was our fave human eraser The Freak. I don't know but if I was scouting for the Knicks, I couldn't see how you select Frank over Mitchell, I commented even before they drafted Frank that where was his athleticism. The thing he's got going for him is he's 19 so he's going to get better but it's like reading tea leaves about how much better.