Other NBA games and League

Broadway

All Star
If they were to trade Conley and Gasol with such a move they could rebuild their whole team in 1 offseason

I know fans think this is crap but the Grizzlies are going nowhere. They are doing what's in the best interest of their franchise going forward. My main issue with this team is why did they fire Fizzdale if this was an obvious eventuality?

tiger0330

Legend
Nik has been big in his return, I haven't heard him demanding a trade like he was doing so Portis and him may have made peace. 7 game win streak tells you this is not a bad team, I'd expect when Lavine returns they will be even better.
Bulls won both games with Zach Lavine's return on Saturday. Scored 14 and 19 in only 19mins of play in each game because of his minutes restriction. Bulls beat the red hot HEAT and ended their 7 game win streak. We own CHI second rounder but it doesn't look quite as valuable with an up and coming Bulls team.

mafra

Legend
Kings coach Dave Joerger said that he will be resting two veterans in every game going forward.

It apparently started on Monday vs. the Thunder, as Zach Randolph and Vince Carter both picked up DNP-CDs without any warning from the coaching staff or reporters. The Kings are going to focus on their younger players going forward, so in addition to Z-Bo and Carter, George Hill, Garrett Temple and Kosta Koufos are going to be constant threats for rest days.

Somebody officially subscribed to the TANK

mafra

Legend
James Harden, Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green reportedly pushed into the Clippers' locker room on Monday night looking to confront Austin Rivers, but security intervened before anything physical took place.

It's uncertain if players will face fines or suspensions from the league as a result of the altercation, but we'll keep an eye on it closely. Head coach Mike D'Antoni said Harden could return from his hamstring injury Thursday or Saturday, but any kind of penalty from the league could delay his return. Stay tuned. The teams meet again Feb. 28.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter Jan 16 - 1:43 AM

Broadway

All Star
Kings coach Dave Joerger said that he will be resting two veterans in every game going forward.

It apparently started on Monday vs. the Thunder, as Zach Randolph and Vince Carter both picked up DNP-CDs without any warning from the coaching staff or reporters. The Kings are going to focus on their younger players going forward, so in addition to Z-Bo and Carter, George Hill, Garrett Temple and Kosta Koufos are going to be constant threats for rest days.

Somebody officially subscribed to the TANK

Text Book Execution...with that being said watch how much their young players improve over the next 40gms

Broadway

All Star
Furious Mavs comeback spearheaded by DSJ tonight. I think he scored their last 12-14pts or thereabouts. He's starting to put together a string of games...his last 10gms.

mafra

Legend
Shaq laughing at HOU punks for going into LAC locker room after the loss looking to fight is classic!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Talking about DJS, here's an interesting fact that he brought up in an interview for yahoo sports
When Smith faced the Knicks recently, it brought back memories of New York?s interest in him in the draft at No. 8, which became a talking point for LeBron James in November.

Smith had scheduled a workout and meeting with the Knicks in early June, had dinner with then-president Phil Jackson and other team officials, and arrived at the team?s facility the next morning. Smith was prepared for a full workout, and yet Jackson requested something that surprised him: a physical exam, league sources said. Smith elected to pass, and the sides called off the workout and further discussions.

?The Knicks were forcing me to do a couple things that were already established that I wasn?t going to do,? Smith told Yahoo Sports. ?I was uncomfortable with them. I felt comfortable here in Dallas. They did a good job making me feel like I was already a player here. People think that I just dipped out of the Knicks workout because I didn?t want the Knicks to take me, but no.

?It wasn?t over that ? but they kept insisting on the physical. I knew it would be a no go.?

Still, one day before the draft, the Knicks came calling, wondering if Smith ? who was already in town to be in the draft green room ? could undergo a last-second workout. For Smith and those around him, the preference had already been set: Dallas. So Smith declined again with New York, and the Knicks selected Frank Ntilikina, who has shown promise as a developing two-way point guard.
Source

Talking about DJS, here's an interesting fact that he brought up in an interview for yahoo sports

Source

He makes it sound like asking for a physical is a big deal. Is it? Why even tell this story if you are DSJ? The Mavs, Cuban, and DSJ really have wanted the narrative of his career so far to be about how the Knicks didn?t draft him.

KP never says one word to throw under the bus the Lakers and Sixers who passed on him for Russell and Okafor.

Furious Mavs comeback spearheaded by DSJ tonight. I think he scored their last 12-14pts or thereabouts. He's starting to put together a string of games...his last 10gms.

You guys are inconsistent. If we did this, you would be lamenting how stupid we are for screwing up the tank.

Broadway

All Star
You guys are inconsistent. If we did this, you would be lamenting how stupid we are for screwing up the tank.

The comebacks are in vain and they lost so many games to start the season they're a lock to be high lottery. They have the 3rd most losses in the league. I also expect the Mavs to start reeling in the vets a little. If those comebacks prove to be successful and knock them out the Top 5 then you betcha DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!

I was speaking moreso DSJ appears to be making a habit of showing up late in games and his recent play

Broadway

All Star
He makes it sound like asking for a physical is a big deal. Is it? Why even tell this story if you are DSJ? The Mavs, Cuban, and DSJ really have wanted the narrative of his career so far to be about how the Knicks didn’t draft him.

KP never says one word to throw under the bus the Lakers and Sixers who passed on him for Russell and Okafor.

Yeah the Mavs/DSJ need to let it go but I do think it's stupid to ask for a physical from a guy who wasn't going to do this for any team. It was talked about how his physical tools were showing up in workouts for other teams, so work him out to certain degrees to test him physically. Phil was napping in other workouts so really what was the nerve to press this issue here other than to find a reason not to draft him. The fact Phil still refused to work him out is laughable, every other team did

mafra

Legend
Also, if the player is prepared for a vigorous workout, then test the knee that way. See how he performs. Why cancel workout only to request one at the final moment?

We selected Knits and passed on DSJ when neither worked out for us! This makes no sense. Where?s the due diligence?

Broadway

All Star
Also, if the player is prepared for a vigorous workout, then test the knee that way. See how he performs. Why cancel workout only to request one at the final moment?

We selected Knits and passed on DSJ when neither worked out for us! This makes no sense. Where’s the due diligence?

You and I posted similar. This is how the Lakers found out he had a 48" vertical, through a workout. I don't think we'll have to worry about things like this going forward with Phil gone but we obviously had our minds made up with the pick. Did we do an extensive physical on #kporzee for his arthritic elbow and his anemia(rolling eyes)

No Phil had to be talked into drafting #kporzee and what sealed it was...

Wait for it...wait, wait, wait for it, wait....here it comes...A WORKOUT!

mafra

Legend
Basketball Refernce tweeted that DSJ is on pace to be just the 7th rookie in history of NBA to average 18+ ppg, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists in 36 mpg

Basketball Refernce tweeted that DSJ is on pace to be just the 7th rookie in history of NBA to average 18+ ppg, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists in 36 mpg

I mean, c?mon, his team is 15 - 30. Those aren?t eye popping numbers per 36 minutes. You guys are obsessed with this guy who isn?t even having a top 10 rookie season this year, let alone an all-time great rookie season.

Ntilikina?s per 36 minute numbers are 9 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, and 1.9 steals and I think he is having a pretty underwhelming rookie season.

mafra

Legend
Maybe this is what makes Phil a genius.... LOL. Knits will be the better player in 4 years anyway and bc he is so raw the team?s odds to get a higher lottery pick increases with Knits as the pick over DSJ or DM.

Broadway

All Star
Maybe this is what makes Phil a genius.... LOL. Knits will be the better player in 4 years anyway and bc he is so raw the team’s odds to get a higher lottery pick increases with Knits as the pick over DSJ or DM.

He might have the better jump next yr in improved play from his draft class but he's shown nothing that suggest he'll be better than some players picked after him. Heck Dillon Brooks is outplaying him and he was selected in the 2nd round or even say Bogdonavic(free agent signing)

Last edited: