Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
HOUSTON -- A historic run by reigning MVP James Harden has allowed the Houston Rockets to rise in the Western Conference standings and awed his coaches and teammates.
Harden continued his roll with a 43-point triple-double on Monday to carry the Rockets to a 113-101 win over the Memphis Grizzlies, pulling Houston (21-15) into a tie for fourth place in the West standings less than three weeks after they were 14th in the conference.
Harden now has 408 points in his past 10 games. According to the Elias Sports Bureau research, Harden joined Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant as the only players in the past three decades to score at least 400 points over a 10-game span. He's the first player since Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook two seasons ago to have four straight 40-plus-point performances, something that had never been done in Rockets history.
"What he's doing is incredible," Rockets guard Austin Rivers told ESPN. "What he's doing is a Kobe. Man, that's a Kobe run. That's what he's doing. He's doing it so effortlessly. That's the thing. It's not like he's forcing it or like he's shooting the ball every time. I mean, it's crazy. He's just different, man.
"For real, you can't stop him. Back-to-back [MVP]. He's going to end up winning this s--- back to back. Nobody in the league can do what he's doing right now. He's winning back-to-back MVPs. It's incredible."
Harden is averaging 39.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, 8.5 assists and 2.1 steals during the Rockets' 10-1 run. He has eight consecutive games of at least 35 points and five assists, breaking a record set by Hall of Fame guard Oscar Robertson. And Harden has three of his four triple-doubles this season during Houston's hot streak.
"I don't know how you get any better than what he's playing," Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said. "Defensively, too. He comes up with steals, triple-doubles like it's nothing. So, yeah, he's playing at a different level."
Harden described the Rockets' win over the Grizzlies as "a little bit ugly," harping on his nine turnovers instead of celebrating his 43 points, 10 rebounds and 13 assists. He was 8-of-19 from the floor, 6-of-12 from 3-point range and 21-of-27 from the line, setting a career high for free throws attempted.

"I'm just being aggressive, man," said Harden, who acknowledged that he's "probably" playing the best basketball of his life. "I'm just in attack mode. They tried to shake some things up tonight and run a double-team at me and whatnot. I did a poor job. I did a poor job of just not controlling the basketball, basically giving them transition points by turnovers. I have to take care of the ball more but just continue to be aggressive and make plays for my team."
Harden's performance in the first half in particular left teammates shaking their heads and smiling in amazement. He accounted for 50 points in the half, scoring 28 on 7-of-10 shooting and dishing out eight assists, six for 3-pointers and a pair to Clint Capela for easy baskets, exploiting Memphis' attempts to force the ball out of his hands.

"Other teams just have to trap him, because one-on-one, you can't stop him," said Capela, who had 19 points and 13 rebounds in the win. "You just can't. He's been doing it for 10 plus games now at that level. Right now, he's playing at the best level in the league as a player. If he keeps going that way, obviously he's going to be the MVP."
Harden, who according to ESPN Stats & Information research joined Golden State's Stephen Curry as the only players ever to hit at least five 3-pointers in seven straight games, put the exclamation points on his spectacular first half by drilling a pair of deep, off-the-dribble 3s on the Rockets' last two possessions. He pulled up from 32 feet with 32.3 seconds remaining and beat the halftime buzzer with a 28-foot step-back that gave the Rockets a 61-38 lead.
"It's crazy, man," injured Rockets guard Chris Paul said at halftime. "It's crazy to watch the games and to witness it. ... What he's doing is unreal."

Kiyaman

Legend
The Houston Rockets were a 11 seeded team 3 weeks ago (11-14 record), today the Houston Rockets are a 5 seeded team in the western conference from going on a 10-1 run thru the month of Dec.(21-15 record) from the phenomenal dynamic performance of team-leader Mr. James Harden !!!
In my book .. James Harden may not have any championship rings, but when one compare Harden performance to Kobe Bryant's best performance Harden grades a TEN in team-winning performance to Kobe Bryant eight in team winning performance.

Last year there were 8 NBA teams having a worst winning record than the Knicks, this season 4 of those worst winning NBA teams have a much better winning record than the (9-28 record) Knicks on the 2019 New Year Day.
1) The Sacramento Kings are having a .500 season sitting with a 19-17 record on New Years day.
2) The Memphis Grizz has been performing at the .500 level to have a 18-18 record on New Years day.
3) The Dallas Mavs has been staying 4 to 2 games under the .500 mark having a 17-19 record on New Year day.
4) The Brooklyn Nets are coming off a 9-1 stretch in Dec. to have a 17-21 record on New Years day.

What does those 4 worst winning NBA teams last season have in the 2018-19 season that's better than the Knicks???
A 10 times better and brighter Head Coach !!!

mafra

Legend
Brook Lopez hit seven 3-pointers en route to a 25-point performance in Tuesday's 121-98 win over the Pistons.

That's back-to-back games with seven triples for Lopez, as he finished 7-of-13 from the field with three rebounds and two blocks. Roughly 70% of his shot attempts are coming from beyond the arc this season which keeps his FG% down, but he's still flirting with top-50 value because of his production in points (12.9), triples (2.6) and blocks (1.9).

Rotoworld

Kiyaman

Legend
The (10-28) Chicago Bulls loss tonight to the Orlando Magic 112 - 84 .. Looked like the Bulls players are in for the race for ZION !!!

The (18-21) Developing Brooklyn Nets win tonight over the Pelicans 126 - 121 .. were a high scoring game battling to out-score each other in each quarter. Great Game from both teams .. D'Angelo Russell has develop into a nice young play-maker PG in his 4th season (extension-time) .. The Nets has been playing above .500 ball in their last 15 games (10-5). If the Brooklyn Nets team keep playing up to this speed during the mid-season they will be playoff bound.

The (18-19) Dallas Mavs win tonight over the Hornets 122 - 84 .. Its Games like this that make me say NO to signing FA Kemba Walker .... Tonight Team-Ball win goes to ROY Luka Doncic's all-around transition game !!!

mafra

Legend
The Grizzlies sent the Bulls their 2019 and 2020 second-round picks, along with forward Wayne Selden and guard MarShon Brooks for ex-NYK Justin Holiday.

Bulls then waive G Cameron Payne.

(Espn)

Holiday is on an expiring contract and could be moved again before the Feb. 7 trade deadline as long as his contract is not aggregated with another player. However, by giving up the two second-round picks, it would seem Memphis' intent is to re-sign Holiday in the summer.

The Grizzlies remain $463,000 under the luxury tax with the $4.4 million addition of Holiday.

The Bulls are in a dealmaking mode, shopping center Robin Lopez and forward Jabari Parker in trade talks, sources said.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
This happened

Called him ridiculously good even last season. There is no one that creates points in so many ways than Harden but like Mafra pointed out, he needs to produce in the playoffs and bring a championship to Houston to cement his legacy. The window is closing for Houston, I don't think they have the depth or roster to win a championship this year.

tiger0330

Legend
The Grizzlies sent the Bulls their 2019 and 2020 second-round picks, along with forward Wayne Selden and guard MarShon Brooks for ex-NYK Justin Holiday.

Bulls then waive G Cameron Payne.

(Espn)

Holiday is on an expiring contract and could be moved again before the Feb. 7 trade deadline as long as his contract is not aggregated with another player. However, by giving up the two second-round picks, it would seem Memphis' intent is to re-sign Holiday in the summer.

The Grizzlies remain $463,000 under the luxury tax with the $4.4 million addition of Holiday.

The Bulls are in a dealmaking mode, shopping center Robin Lopez and forward Jabari Parker in trade talks, sources said.

MRob is coming back and I don't see Kanter getting any more playing time when he does. Fiz has to play Kornet off his performance since being inserted into the starting lineup. Kanter looks to be out of here at the deadline, more likely in a buyout but if Perry is willing to toss in a future pick and he wants to give Jabari a look I think he can be had for Kanter.

Kiyaman

Legend
MRob is coming back and I don't see Kanter getting any more playing time when he does. Fiz has to play Kornet off his performance since being inserted into the starting lineup. Kanter looks to be out of here at the deadline, more likely in a buyout but if Perry is willing to toss in a future pick and he wants to give Jabari a look I think he can be had for Kanter.

Kanter happen to be the best offensive weapon and rebounder the Knicks has on their roster the past two seasons.
If the Knicks front-office and puppet head coach were not in a dire need to Tank-Tank the young-core developing season they too would recognize Kanter's value in a rotation.
Kanter happen to be the only legit Starter on the Knicks roster !!!

If the Knicks really wanted to develop players to win games in their so-call DEVELOPING season then the Knicks would have develop Kanter & Vonleh in the same lineup, and MitchRob & Kornet in the same lineup.

The Knicks making a trade with the Bulls would be moving 2 to 3 steps backward !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Called him ridiculously good even last season. There is no one that creates points in so many ways than Harden but like Mafra pointed out, he needs to produce in the playoffs and bring a championship to Houston to cement his legacy. The window is closing for Houston, I don't think they have the depth or roster to win a championship this year.

In the Houston Rockets last 12 games (11-1) James Harden performance has been Jordan/Lebron amazing ..
Give Harden the MVP now !!!
Last night game between the Rockets and 3 time Champs GS Warriors Harden out-shine Durant/Curry/Green/and Klay for the Rockets WIN!
Especially, after Durant was out of bounds doing a boogie dance with the ball in a open play before throwing the ball inbound to lead to an assist SMH

paris401

Starter
The Knicks making a trade with the Bulls would be moving 2 to 3 steps backward !!!

the more things change with the knicks, (get rid of pjax,horn) the more they stay the same... i would have kept horn... just to see his daughter in the stands every now and then... what a piece of ass...

tiger0330

Legend
One stat I'd love to see is lob passes for dunks, nobody does it better than Harden. If they kept that stat I bet he would lead the league.

I counted 6 lobs for dunks and 2 passes for easy layups in the highlights below.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Trae Young going Mano y Mano with Triple Double (almost a Knick) Russell Westbrook.

Man, I can?t freaking wait until next September, when KP is healthy... a free agent updgrade joins aboard this ship pulling out of port... and, the final piece of the 2019-2020 puzzle... the influx of a top 5 pick like Zion, Ja, or the lefty RJ. Rui Hach, maybe? Bol Bol, Porter Jr, Caaaam Reddish, or some other dude.

tiger0330

Legend
Boogie debut. 14 pts in 15 mins, should have played more minutes but collected 2 quick fouls sending him to the bench and eventually fouled out early in the 4th but in 15 mins I thought he played a solid overall game 6rbs 3 dimes and 3-4 on his 3s. That's all the league needs is another 3 pt shooter on that Dubs team. Seems really happy there and the feeling seems mutual with the Warriors cheering him on. Said he's quoted as saying the fans have to be patient but 14 pts in 15 mins of work is a pretty good night for a guy that hasn't played in almost exactly a year.