Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets win a one pt thriller after a late 10-3 run and KD makes a last second shot that looks like it wins the game for the Warriors but replay shows that he didn't get it off in time with the buzzer going off just as it left his right hand. Not a great game by CP3 but the Rockets won the game with great performances by 2 guys they obtained in the off-season, Tucker and MBah a Moute. Ryno, the guy is usually a defensive dud but he was not bad tonight. Rockets have a chance this season and would have an even better chance if they were able to trade Melo for Ryno.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Not sure if anyone else was watching Cavs/Celtics earlier, but Gordon Hayward fractured his ankle in one of the most gruesome sports injuries I've ever seen. I hate the Celtics, but you never want to see something like that. Just unsettling.

WOW! Now that's FFDup! Hayward breaks ankle .. "Boston's Gordon Hayward broke his left ankle just five minutes into the season, a grisly injury that overshadowed Kyrie Irving's return to Cleveland and the Cavaliers' 102-99 win over the shocked Celtics on Tuesday night."

Im a Celtrick's hater that's glad my boy Isiaih Thomas left Boston .. I was only interested in seeing how well Boston young-players Brown n Tatum fit in the starter lineup vs Cavs, but the injury to Hayward though me off guard WTF !!!
Brown scored 25 points on 48% shooting, 6 rbs, 3 stl, 3 turnovers
Rookie Tatum had a double-double on 46% shooting, 3 ast, 1 turnover.

tiger0330

Legend
BS move by Portis slugging Mirotec and busting his jaw. I don't know if the NBA has rules just like they do in games that players suffer extreme consequences for assaulting other players even in practices but they should if they don't.

tiger0330

Legend
Portis got an 8 game suspension, hardly enough when Mirotec is in the hospital and out for 5-6 weeks. I think this was handled by the Bulls internally and that's what's wrong with the system, why would they suspend Portis for the entire year when his absence wouldn't benefit them. The league should dole out the punishment and it should have been more than 8 games, they gave Noah 20 games for taking some strong vitamins, 8 games doesn't seem enough.

Portis got an 8 game suspension, hardly enough when Mirotec is in the hospital and out for 5-6 weeks. I think this was handled by the Bulls internally and that's what's wrong with the system, why would they suspend Portis for the entire year when his absence wouldn't benefit them. The league should dole out the punishment and it should have been more than 8 games, they gave Noah 20 games for taking some strong vitamins, 8 games doesn't seem enough.

Still waiting to hear what Mirotic did/said to set Portis off. Portis was trying to kill the guy. If it was without provocation, suspension should be much longer.

Broadway

All Star

I would agree with him being gone as long as Mirotic is out, but because there is no precedent they settle on 8gms. Absolutely uncalled for and I've lost respect for Portis over this. Don't get me wrong Mirotic is a definite favorite and probably hasn't deserved some of things that have come his way but professionalism and fellow man etiquette should always show itself, especially during times of adversity.

Broadway

All Star
Ruptured patellar tendon. Another season ended in game 1.

He got paid 3yrs $36mil and has only played like 32gms out of 164....SHEESH!

Remember when Knicks fans got on him for not playing in the playoffs, as he was overly concerned about his knee?

Broadway

All Star
The Mavs play the Kings tonight, so if you have LP a great chance to see Fox go against DSJ 8:30 est. Kings have other young prospects too, to watch

mafra

Legend
Fox almost has a triple double....
DSJ red flags flare up quickly.... his bad knee forces him to miss the game.

tiger0330

Legend
Ball with 21-8-8 line so far, against PHO
Came up one assist short of a triple double 29/11/9. Stat line doesn't show it because he only took 2 fts but he was very aggressive taking it to the rim for layups. He only took 6 shots last game in a loss and took 27 in this win, got a feeling the Lakers found their new Kobe after tonight.

mafra

Legend
Came up one assist short of a triple double 29/11/9. Stat line doesn't show it because he only took 2 fts but he was very aggressive taking it to the rim for layups. He only took 6 shots last game in a loss and took 27 in this win, got a feeling the Lakers found their new Kobe after tonight.

Kobe tossed a few airballs his first game... like FN. lol.

Ball piling up stats vs PHO doesn't impress me. I doubt he'll be a bust but I wouldn't put him in HOF yet.

tiger0330

Legend
Kobe tossed a few airballs his first game... like FN. lol.

Ball piling up stats vs PHO doesn't impress me. I doubt he'll be a bust but I wouldn't put him in HOF yet.

I agree the jury is still out on all these guys but the kid is winning me over. He seems like a natural rebounder and his court vision, passing is unreal. He was agressive getting inside and I'm not sure what he shot from the perimeter but he was knocking down his attempts from what I saw. When I mentioned Kobe I mean becoming the chucker Kobe was not that Ball is destined for the HOF just yet.

Watson made me laugh saying both teams didn't play a lick of D and if they're the future of the NBA the future doesn't include defense. Lets see how Lonzo does against better defensive teams and not a marshmallow like the Suns.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I agree the jury is still out on all these guys but the kid is winning me over. He seems like a natural rebounder and his court vision, passing is unreal. He was agressive getting inside and I'm not sure what he shot from the perimeter but he was knocking down his attempts from what I saw. When I mentioned Kobe I mean becoming the chucker Kobe was not that Ball is destined for the HOF just yet.

Watson made me laugh saying both teams didn't play a lick of D and if they're the future of the NBA the future doesn't include defense. Lets see how Lonzo does against better defensive teams and not a marshmallow like the Suns.

Yeah Phx is clearly a joke of a team. They have to get rid of Bledsoe turning replacement into a more traditional pg replacement and start developing Bender/Lin together

Last edited: