Other NBA games and League

Wow. Celtics using their 1st round pick to send Kemba Walker to OKC. They take Al Horford back in return. A couple 2nd round picks exchanging hands as well.

Not entirely sure I get it. Celtics shed about 7 to 10 million per season (difference between what Walker and Horford will make over next 3 seasons). They must really have wanted Kemba gone.

I guess that saved salary is enough to put Boston more in play to sign a big name in free agency, not sure who.

I read someone online saying that this sets up a potential future Kemba and KP swap between OKC and Dallas. Not sure if they were joking or not.

Last edited:
OKC has 5 of the 1st 36 picks in the 2021 draft with the possibility of picking up a 6th pick if Rockets pick drops below area of protection.

What the hell do they do with all those picks? It?s like The Process but without much process.

mafra

Legend
Clippers rally from 25 point deficit and go on a 81-47 run in the second half. They shot 6-20 from downtown in first half and then drained 13/19 in second half.

Win 4 straight, 2 without Kawhi/

I believe this is the first WCF for LAC

Roto

Terance Mann erupted for a career-high 39 points, two rebounds, one assist, two steals and seven triples in a 131-119 Game 6 win as the Clippers advanced past the Jazz.
After playing a combined nine minutes in Games 1 and 2, Mann emerged as a hero in this series with Kawhi Leonard (knee) watching from the sidelines. ?I?m not trying to fill Kawhi?s role at all, man. That?s Kawhi Leonard,? Mann said. ?But I?m just trying to be me, make things happen on the defensive end and be myself on the offensive end and whatever happens, happens after that." Mann had 20 points alone in the third quarter and put the Clippers up by 10 with five minutes to go with a dagger triple. Mann, who is extension eligible this summer, is making a name for himself at the best possible time. Next up is a matchup vs. the Suns in the Western Conference Finals.

Kiyaman

Legend
My bet is Carlisle gets the Celtics job with him talking about the next chapter in his coaching career. Thought Bud was in jeopardy last post-season, Nets defeat the Bucks and you have to believe he's the next coach with his neck on the chopping block.

Game-6 win at Home, says, "Bud is safe now lol
Brooklyn's performance pushed for a Game-7 in Brooklyn lol

I give Hawks coach Nate his BIG PROPA"s for Game-5 win .. I did not expect the Hawks to get 3 wins in a series vs Philly.
Having a double combination of top scoring-guards Trae & Lou .. that could break-down a 18 pt Philly lead in the 4th quarter for a Hawks 3 point win .. Dynamic !!!

The Clippers coach Lou, did a dynamic job to the Clippers rotation without Kawhi to beat the top winning Utah Jazz team twice in Game-5 and Game-6 to win the series 4-2.
i vision the Jazz vs Suns in the WCF .. And Brooklyn vs Philly in the ECF

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow. Celtics using their 1st round pick to send Kemba Walker to OKC. They take Al Horford back in return. A couple 2nd round picks exchanging hands as well.

Not entirely sure I get it. Celtics shed about 7 to 10 million per season (difference between what Walker and Horford will make over next 3 seasons). They must really have wanted Kemba gone.

I guess that saved salary is enough to put Boston more in play to sign a big name in free agency, not sure who.

I read someone online saying that this sets up a potential future Kemba and KP swap between OKC and Dallas. Not sure if they were joking or not.

Wow! Boston Celtics!
Kemba lasted 2 yrs .. Kyrie lasted 2 yrs .. I believe IA lasted 3 yrs ..
Wsup .. with all the changes in Smart/Brown/Tatum backcourt rotation?
Who will be the Celtics starter PG in the 2021-22 season ???

What will OKC do with all those 2021 draft picks ???

tiger0330

Legend
Game-6 win at Home, says, "Bud is safe now lol
Brooklyn's performance pushed for a Game-7 in Brooklyn lol

I give Hawks coach Nate his BIG PROPA"s for Game-5 win .. I did not expect the Hawks to get 3 wins in a series vs Philly.
Having a double combination of top scoring-guards Trae & Lou .. that could break-down a 18 pt Philly lead in the 4th quarter for a Hawks 3 point win .. Dynamic !!!

The Clippers coach Lou, did a dynamic job to the Clippers rotation without Kawhi to beat the top winning Utah Jazz team twice in Game-5 and Game-6 to win the series 4-2.
i vision the Jazz vs Suns in the WCF .. And Brooklyn vs Philly in the ECF

TLu to me has done the best job during the playoffs with his adjustments. Underrated coach to me with people demeaning his championship year with the Cavs as him being Lebrons assistant. Going to be hard for the Clips to win that O'Brien trophy without Kawhi but I give him a chance after that Utah win.

Last edited:
Not sure what you say right now if you are Utah and just dropped 2 games to Clippers without Kawhi. Mike Conley?s contract comes off the books, but that still leaves them with essentially no cap space to upgrade this off-season.

I am in shock.

Bucks win in OT and knock out Brooklyn on Brooklyn?s home court in game 7.

Think about all that we as a fan base have endured because KD and Kyrie chose Brooklyn. Then, they trade for Harden and they sign Blake Griffin.

After all that, Brooklyn can?t even make it out of the 2nd round.

What does anyone have to say now?

mafra

Legend
Just crazy to think if KD steps back another inch, he drains a 3 at end of regulation and BKLN advances.

Fine line, folks.

Hawks win game 7 in Philly. As usual, the always classy Philadelphia fans send their team off booing them off the court.

I don?t think anyone is laughing at the Knicks tonight for losing in round 1 to Atlanta. Hawks may very well be the best team in the conference.

Hawks vs Bucks in the ECF.

mafra

Legend
Think of how that path has opened wide?. You gave ATL/NYK? then PHI and Embiid has torn meniscus.

You avoid Brooklyn

No LAK in Finals

They got a deep team and a talented roster. As hot as any team since N8 arrived.

tiger0330

Legend
Choke job by the Sixers in game 5. Their bench didn’t do anything and allowed the Hawks to narrow that huge lead they had and then the starters choked down the stretch, Embiid wasn’t as effective late in the game as he was early, most likely because of his bum knee and Doc must have recollections of Deandre Jordan when Nate pulled out his hack a Shaq on Ben Simmons, how any team pays the kind of money to a guy that can’t shoot a jump shot or hit his freebies is beyond me. Sixers go to ATL for game 6 and are probably done
losing the pivotal game 5 where the team that wins it goes on to win the series 82% of the time.
Ben Simmons taking a lot of heat from Sixers fans and from Doc and Embiid for the game 7 loss to Hawks. Passed up a wide open layup to pass it to Thybulle who didn’t convert, Sixers fans livid on social media expecting more from a max salary PG with an all NBA pedigree. Doc when asked by reporters if Simmons is the guy to lead the Sixers to a championship responded he didn’t know the answer to that now. Embiid pointed to the Simmons no dunk as the key play in the loss.

Not a fan of Simmons, I have the opposite view of those that think he does enough with his D and size to offset his lack of offense. This series exposed Simmons and he’s not the guy you build a championship team around.

pat

Starter
Not a fan of Simmons, I have the opposite view of those that think he does enough with his D and size to offset his lack of offense. This series exposed Simmons and he’s not the guy you build a championship team around.
They need to get the right sports psychologist in to work with him. Obviously this is the area to work on, not a specific skill. He is a young hard working player and he does everything well were you don't need mental toughness. But mental toughness is also a thing you can teach.

mafra

Legend
Simmons had a pretty atrocious series overall and had an embarrassing three field goal attempts in all seven fourth quarters of the Hawks series, including zero attempts in the final frames of Games 4-7

tiger0330

Legend
They need to get the right sports psychologist in to work with him. Obviously this is the area to work on, not a specific skill. He is a young hard working player and he does everything well were you don't need mental toughness. But mental toughness is also a thing you can teach.

Simmons had a pretty atrocious series overall and had an embarrassing three field goal attempts in all seven fourth quarters of the Hawks series, including zero attempts in the final frames of Games 4-7
Sixers will look to trade him not try to get him a sports shrink. Probably the least marketable all NBA player in the league at this point, I said years ago that it wouldn’t surprise me if he never improved his shooting and I think that’s where his game is at. Sixers only hope to get a star back for him is if Beale or Lillard or someone else forces a trade to PHI and they unload him along with a pick.

mafra

Legend
KP to POR
McCullum to PHI
Simmons to DAL

Michael Kay asked if NYK would trade Randle for Simmons

Tough to trade for Simmons when you can just sign Ball?. But, let?s say PHI would even consider trading Ben to NY?. Would we take him? At what price?

IQ, Knox and Toppin and a 1st is about as far as I can go for Simmons. I wouldn?t trade RJ or Randle for him.

KP to POR
McCullum to PHI
Simmons to DAL

Michael Kay asked if NYK would trade Randle for Simmons

Tough to trade for Simmons when you can just sign Ball?. But, let?s say PHI would even consider trading Ben to NY?. Would we take him? At what price?

IQ, Knox and Toppin and a 1st is about as far as I can go for Simmons. I wouldn?t trade RJ or Randle for him.

I don?t know who in their right mind trades for Ben Simmons period, let alone giving up an All-Star on a good contract like Julius Randle in return.

Simmons is a 14, 7, and 7 guy who makes 30+ million a year, literally can?t shoot a 3, and shoots 60% from the FT line on a good day.

No idea why he is considered a star player. He is a great defensive player who is in control of the ball way too much on offense. He only turns 25 this year, but why would anyone want to try to rebuild the skill set of a guy who is already making so much money.

You could argue you?d have better luck trying to further develop Ntilikina at this point than Simmons, given their differences in price and current deficiencies.

If I was Embiid, I would want out before next season if Simmons isn?t shipped out.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I?m more concerned with his dedication, for he enjoys Hollywood more than being great.

But, if all PHi asked for was Knox, IQ, Toppin and 2 of our top 3 picks this draft?. I couldn?t say no.