Other NBA games and League

Kiyaman

Legend
The Denver Nuggets put up a fight down the final minute stretch of a home loss against the LeBron Cavs 113-108 ....
Larry Nance played hard defense on Jokic' s strong 36 pt performance .. Great 4th quarter game.

The Detroit Pistons put up a good fight down the final minute stretch against the Toronto Raptor's 4th quarter Star Derozan's 42 or winning performance 121-119 .. Great 4th quarter game.

mafra

Legend
Bulls win... NY now 1 back for 8th spot. Magic lost by 1 in LA... Boo! Failed to gain ground there.

?Brook Lopez scored 27 points and hit two free throws with 0.6 seconds to play, and the Lakers blew a nine-point lead in the final 90 seconds before rallying back to beat the Magic 108-107 on Wednesday night.

The game ended with a curious officiating decision. When the Magic inbounded the ball at midcourt after Lopez?s free throws, the Staples Center clock apparently started before anyone had touched the ball. But after video review, the officials ruled the teams must have a jump ball at center court, effectively preventing the Magic from getting a final chance to win.?

(NY Post)

tiger0330

Legend
DRose finally winds up with his old coach Thibs. Corey Brewer would have been a better pickup imo.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Broadway

All Star
DRose finally winds up with his old coach Thibs. Corey Brewer would have been a better pickup imo.

I agree but I don't think Brewer wanted to sign there, not to mention they had Shabazz on the roster whom they released. Probably not a good sign for any wing player wanting to sign there. Maybe Thibs is trying to kill Wiggins next...lol

Rose better count this as a blessing for he was on his way out of the league. He'll be eligible for the playoffs should they still need him. Knicks dodged a major bullet not committing any long term money to him I knew he was cooked, even with the never ending problematic point guard predicament we have at present

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I agree but I don't think Brewer wanted to sign there, not to mention they had Shabazz on the roster whom they released. Probably not a good sign for any wing player wanting to sign there. Maybe Thibs is trying to kill Wiggins next...lol

Rose better count this as a blessing for he was on his way out of the league. He'll be eligible for the playoffs should they still need him. Knicks dodged a major bullet not committing any long term money to him I knew he was cooked, even with the never ending problematic point guard predicament we at present
You did say that, he had a good year with the Knicks and I was saying they should consider signing him to a 2yr 20M deal/team option the 2nd year which I thought would be a value deal for a guy with the production he had but then he had that season ending knee injury which made me completely change my mind. Other than Thibs has a history with the guy, not sure why he would want him. They got Teague and Tyus as his backup and DRose doesn't defend, I want to see how Thibs intends using him.

Kiyaman

Legend
You did say that, he had a good year with the Knicks and I was saying they should consider signing him to a 2yr 20M deal/team option the 2nd year which I thought would be a value deal for a guy with the production he had but then he had that season ending knee injury which made me completely change my mind. Other than Thibs has a history with the guy, not sure why he would want him. They got Teague and Tyus as his backup and DRose doesn't defend, I want to see how Thibs intends using him.

I would have rather signed D.Rose to the 2 yr 20M to be our SG than sign a no defense Tim Hardaway for $71M.
Thibs is looking to use D.Rose scoring ability to slash to the basket to put opponents in foul trouble.

tiger0330

Legend
The Detroit Pistons put up a good fight down the final minute stretch against the Toronto Raptor's 4th quarter Star Derozan's 42 or winning performance 121-119 .. Great 4th quarter game.
Pistons won their first 4 with Blake but are now 2-10 since the then. Will SVG fire himself and from which job head coach or President of bball operations. Lol. That team isn't going anywhere next year either even with Jackson back. Damn shame there was more noise in that building for the Raps when Vanvleet hit the game winner and it was a Detroit home game. One thing about Knicks fans they are the best win or lose.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Good game down in HOU. Rox win their 15th straight, really a deep team beating the Celts w/o an injured Ryno and Gerald Green who is shooting 39% from 3 didn't even get off the bench. Boston bench were really good also scoring 67 pts. Moose looks to be a good pickup for them, the bench will be critical to beat the Raps whose 2nd unit has the best net rating in the NBA. Might see a HOU/TOR finals which I would love to see rather than a Cavs/GS finals.
TOR for real beating the Rox tonight and ending the Rox 17 game win streak.

Kiyaman

Legend
TOR for real beating the Rox tonight and ending the Rox 17 game win streak.

Why wasn't the Rocks vs Raptors game on prime time tv ....
Our Knicks face the Raptor's today to boost our losing streak to 1-15 .. i must admitt headcoach Hornacek is clueless after the 1st qtr. Horn should be ranked one of the top 3 best tanking coaches in the NBA 2 yrs in a row. Having Hornacek I see the Knicks climbing down to be a 6th seed Lottery team before June.

Broadway

All Star
Their defensive numbers are close

Simmons has a 103 overall Defensive Rating
Mitchell has a 106.6 overall Defensive Rating

Simmons has a .550 Defensive Win Share
Mitchell has a .444 Defensive win Share

And maybe you haven't paid attention because it's UTAH but they've gone 16-5 and are currently 2gms out of a playoff spot in a more competitive West

Very slight miscalculation Utah has only lost 4 gms over approx the past 2mos. They are 19-4 since January 17th

I could see this being a Steve Francis/Elton Brand type split but I think Mitchell has the edge at the moment over Simmons

tiger0330

Legend
Very close, Donovan is a sentimental favorite for me but Simmons has the better advanced stats. Might come down to whether their respective teams make the playoffs for the voters, Sixers make it and the Jazz don't, maybe it sways the votes to Simmons.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 21

mafra

Legend
Simmons is allowed to ride Embiid coattails while D-Mitch is basically shouldering that franchise... he?s asked to be more for Utah, and this win streak and late playoff charge should propel him to the forefront.

Broadway

All Star
Simmons is allowed to ride Embiid coattails while D-Mitch is basically shouldering that franchise... he’s asked to be more for Utah, and this win streak and late playoff charge should propel him to the forefront.

This is going to come down probably to style. They both had really good games tonight and their respective teams won. We talk about our young players improving but it's scary to think how much these two guys will improve. It really underscores how tough a situation we're in especially when have to hear things like we have to "wait" on Knits to get better

mafra

Legend
Donovan Mitchell scored 23 points with six rebounds, four assists, one steal, one block and two 3-pointers in 36 minutes against the Suns on Thursday.

He's so good and he continues to fill the stat sheet. On the season, he's sitting at 19.8 points, 3.7 boards, 3.6 assists and 2.4 treys in one of the most unique stat lines from a rookie ever. In fact, no rookie has ever hit all four of those marks with Allen Iverson being the closest (missed by 0.4 treys). Mitchell is going to be on a lot of fantasy title teams this year, and he's another example of why watching Summer League can be valuable info.

(Rotoworld)

Broadway

All Star
Donovan Mitchell scored 23 points with six rebounds, four assists, one steal, one block and two 3-pointers in 36 minutes against the Suns on Thursday.

He's so good and he continues to fill the stat sheet. On the season, he's sitting at 19.8 points, 3.7 boards, 3.6 assists and 2.4 treys in one of the most unique stat lines from a rookie ever. In fact, no rookie has ever hit all four of those marks with Allen Iverson being the closest (missed by 0.4 treys). Mitchell is going to be on a lot of fantasy title teams this year, and he's another example of why watching Summer League can be valuable info.

(Rotoworld)

Simmons fires right back again with a super solid all-around game against Brooklyn

Broadway

All Star
lol @ The Grizzlies beating the Nuggets after holding down the worst overall record in the league for like a month. A Nugget team who clearly needed to and tried to win the game tonight to keep pace for a playoff spot.

If Phx loses to GSW tonight I wonder how this will turn out for them. They could conceivably be in 3rd place by next week...SHEESH!

mafra

Legend
Donovan Mitchell scored 26 points with five rebounds, four assists, three steals and one 3-pointer during a 119-112 win over the Mavs on Thursday.

He carried his team late with some strong drives to the hoop. Mitchell's season is in rare air all time for scoring, and his 24th 25-plus point game tonight ties LeBron James for his rookie season. Mitchell does so much more than score and he's strung together nine straight games with at least one steal and one 3-pointer. He might be a second-round pick next year after being arguably the best add in fantasy during his rookie season.

(Rotoworld)

tiger0330

Legend
Kellerman still says Raps can take the Cavs in 6 even after the Cavs beat them. I don't think so despite the Raps having a top 5 team both offensively and defensively. Cavs in 5 or 6 in the EC finals, TT, Hood and Nance Jr. should be back by then. I think the Cavs can game plan on putting the clamps on Lowry's 3 pt shooting and Lebron is playing his best bball of the season.

Last edited: