Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
Elton Brand was just named GM of the 76ers. Wow.
Congrats to my homie from Westchester repping Peekskill, NY. Him getting the job was a surprise, no GM experience and was only recently a player a few years ago. Perry on the other hand put in at least 15 years toiling as an asst GM for multiple teams. Brand really must have stood out in his interview beating out a number of people in the Sixers search for a GM.

tiger0330

Legend
Congrats to my homie from Westchester repping Peekskill, NY. Him getting the job was a surprise, no GM experience and was only recently a player a few years ago. Perry on the other hand put in at least 15 years toiling as an asst GM for multiple teams. Brand really must have stood out in his interview beating out a number of people in the Sixers search for a GM.
The Philadelphia 76ers hired Elton Brand as general manager on Tuesday, completing a meteoric rise in the franchise's front office, league sources told ESPN.
Brand made a strong impression on ownership and coach Brett Brown in the interview process, beating out several more-experienced candidates inside and outside the Sixers organization, sources said. Ultimately, ownership believed Brand had sold them on vision, preparedness and the ability to grow into the role at a crucial time for the organization.

Brand, 39, had been recently promoted to executive vice president of basketball operations after serving the past year as GM of the Sixers' G League affiliate in Delaware.

mafra

Legend
We kicked Peekskill?s butt in football! Brand ate up my HS, but he came a few years after me. I was able to attend Peekskill?s ceremonial dinner honoring Elton (and his lovely mother). Meet agent Falk there and Elton signed a ball for me (which I gave to my brother).

Kiyaman

Legend
Preseason Games started tonite .... The Hornets beat the Boston Celtricks .. 104 - 97
Rookie Miles Bridges threw down 2 put back baskets in crunch time for the win.
It was funny seeing ex-Spurs Tony Parker in a Hornets uniform SMH
The Knicks should've been the team to sign Tony Parker to mentor Frank/Trey/and Mudiay ..

Kiyaman

Legend
The Pacers first preseason game turned out to be a NBA regular season game vs the Houston Rockets ..
Pacers 110 - Rocks 100
Both Pacers coach Nate McMillan and Rocks coach Damtoni played a 9 Man rotation in this preseason game for the win.
I guess a team could do that when the majority of their roster at training-camp are experience veterans thinking playoffs!
The Pacers performance tonite look like they are going to be a 6 seed or under post season team going to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
ISO-Melo had a nice game .. but not a winning game .. Melo scored 16 pts, 5 rb on 65% fg shooting tonite.
I think Melo should've stayed another season with OKC, especially now that OKC has PG-Shroeder instead of Felton.

mafra

Legend
Kyrie Irving says he'll re-sign with Celtics
Kyrie Irving said on Thursday that he intends to re-sign with the Celtics this summer, and has "verbally committed" to remaining with the franchise long-term.
Irving has announced his intentions in talks with "Boston ownership over the past few weeks," and this seems to go beyond mere talking points due to the 'verbal committment'. He's been extremely vague about his plans in the past, so this should reduce unnecessary distractions as Boston seeks to vie for a championship and win the LeBron-less Eastern Conference.

tiger0330

Legend
Is this the greatest starting lineup in NBA history even if it's only for this season. Cousins is in uniform and sitting on the bench so I wonder if he's close.

Cousins
Dray
KD
Klay
Steph

Kiyaman

Legend
Is this the greatest starting lineup in NBA history even if it's only for this season. Cousins is in uniform and sitting on the bench so I wonder if he's close.

Cousins
Dray
KD
Klay
Steph

Yeah Yeah! So far that will be the 2018-19 Starting line-up for the Western conference FINALS team !!!
And that's no prediction!
I see that lineup this season out-scoring the average NBA teams by 10+ points within 6 minute of playing time in the 2nd half of the game.

Butt No! That lineup is far from being one of the Top-10 best NBA lineups ... The NBA once had a Utah Jazz Wiz headcoach Jerry Sloan who had a lineup of Stockton/Hornacek/Malone that would have beat the above 2018-19 GS lineup in a 7 game series.
Both teams has the same exact halfcourt/uptempo system on both sides of the court.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah Yeah! So far that will be the 2018-19 Starting line-up for the Western conference FINALS team !!!
And that's no prediction!
I see that lineup this season out-scoring the average NBA teams by 10+ points within 6 minute of playing time in the 2nd half of the game.

Butt No! That lineup is far from being one of the Top-10 best NBA lineups ... The NBA once had a Utah Jazz Wiz headcoach Jerry Sloan who had a lineup of Stockton/Hornacek/Malone that would have beat the above 2018-19 GS lineup in a 7 game series.
Both teams has the same exact halfcourt/uptempo system on both sides of the court.
Have to disagree about the Jazz being the greatest, that Jazz team never found a way to beat Jordan's Bulls and never came close to winning 72 games. This Warrior's team may only be together for less than a full season depending on when Cuz comes back, he's in uniform so that tells me he's working out with the team, so maybe we get a look sooner than later.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kyrie Irving says he'll re-sign with Celtics
Kyrie Irving said on Thursday that he intends to re-sign with the Celtics this summer, and has "verbally committed" to remaining with the franchise long-term.
Irving has announced his intentions in talks with "Boston ownership over the past few weeks," and this seems to go beyond mere talking points due to the 'verbal committment'. He's been extremely vague about his plans in the past, so this should reduce unnecessary distractions as Boston seeks to vie for a championship and win the LeBron-less Eastern Conference.

I dont know why the Knicks Rumor Hotline was busy throughout the offseason spreading rumor news of Kyrie leaving his 2nd team that made it to the ECF without any help from him to go and sign with the Knicks when he become a FA LMFAO !!!

I like Kyrie game .. but Kyrie became a star NBA player on the back of Lebron, and I feel the only way Kyrie could keep up that high status performance in the NBA are for Kyrie to be on a winning team that has several NBA star-players like Smart/Brown/Tatum/Morris/Horford, plus be thankful he got traded to a team that has a Top-5 headcoach that keep players performing on the Same-Page in regular-season and postseason games !!!

mafra

Legend
https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/the-smoke-behind-kevin-durants-early-exit-rumors/

The NBA season is still a few days away from officially beginning. But because this is a league that draws just as many headlines from player movement as it does from actual games, the conversation has naturally jumped ahead to 2019. The league is likely to see one of the most loaded free-agent classes in recent memory next offseason; Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson and several other stars have expiring contracts.

Another potential name on that list is Kevin Durant. Durant has a $31.5 million player option for the 2019-20 season, and if he chooses not to return to the Warriors next season, he would instantly become the biggest name on the list.

And while everything to this point is pure speculation, the early rumblings suggest this could be Durant?s last year in the Bay Area.

The rumors started in July, when ESPN?s Zach Lowe listed several viable reasons Durant may consider the New York Knicks as his next home. Durant?s business manager, Rich Kleiman, is from the Big Apple. The Knicks? GM, Scott Perry, was an executive with the Seattle Supersonics when they drafted Durant in 2007. The two remain close.

Last week, NBA insider Chris B. Haynes went on FS1?s ?Undisputed? and continued to fan the flames of Knicks rumors.

?The New York Knicks have a very good shot at luring KD away from the Bay Area,? Haynes said. ?The same allure that LeBron had towards the Los Angeles Lakers, just the building, the culture, is the same way I know that KD feels about the Knicks.?

Haynes also reiterated the points about Kleiman being from New York, and pointed out that Durant?s father is also a Knicks fan.

OK, so a lot of smoke, but not a ton of fire. Then, at Warriors Media Day, Durant was asked whether he would re-sign. His answer was about as noncommittal as one can get.

?You kind of just want to take it year by year, and I think to keep my options open, it was the best thing for me,? Durant told reporters. ?I could have easily signed a long-term deal ? but I just wanted to take it season by season and see where it takes me.?

On Tuesday, Marcus Thompson ? who has covered the Warriors for more than a decade ? penned a piece in The Athletic saying that his ?guess? is that Durant will be gone after the season. Thompson believes the ?vibe? in the Warriors? building is that they are expecting a 2019 exit.

?The same franchise that was willing to dump everything to get him is now unofficially bracing for his departure,? Thompson wrote.

Thompson also noted that he believes Durant doesn?t even know what he will do at this point. The 2018-19 season could change everything, depending on whether the Warriors cruise to a third-straight title, like many expect.

Durant is rumored to have a somewhat fickle personality. While his teammate Stephen Curry is seen as the face of the Warriors and a Golden State lifer, Durant has already changed teams once. As Lowe wrote, ?People who have spent years around Durant can?t say for sure what he wants from the game. It?s unclear if he knows.

?Some of those people predict, if you force them, that he will one day leave Golden State for a team that can be truly his.?

Whether that team is the Knicks, or another team entirely, remains to be seen.

mafra

Legend
ESPN's Jorge Sedano shared a story of how the Heat's near-trade for Jimmy Butler fell apart, with Pat Riley dropping the big MF on Tom Thibodeau (transcript via Deadspin):

"There?s been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didn?t want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ?OK forget it, let?s just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.? They finally relented on Josh Richardson, they were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler, and then a protected first-round pick. The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally?I was told?called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone."

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN's Jorge Sedano shared a story of how the Heat's near-trade for Jimmy Butler fell apart, with Pat Riley dropping the big MF on Tom Thibodeau (transcript via Deadspin):

"There?s been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didn?t want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ?OK forget it, let?s just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.? They finally relented on Josh Richardson, they were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler, and then a protected first-round pick. The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally?I was told?called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone."

Pat Riley hasn't change lmfao !!!
I wonder now .. will the Wolves be able to trade Butler for a decent return before All-Star weekend?
I wonder if the Wolves organization would have let Thibs do a even trade for the Raptors Derozan?

Kiyaman

Legend
Are the Boston Celtics the King of the Eastern Conference in the 2018-19 season ???
In the Boston vs Philly season open game Kyrie & Hayward played like crap yet, Boston controlled the tempo throughout the entire game for a Celtics win on opening night 105 - 87.
Boston's 2nd season Tatum are on his way to stardom. The performance of Smart & Brown 2-Way hustle in the back court are meshing well like Curry & Klay. Boston's bigman tandem of Horford & Morris team-leadership and high B.ball IQ together out-witted all Philly's big-men Embiid/Saric/Covington/and Amir Johnson on opening night.
I dont see Philly beating a same-page dynamic Boston team by letting Embiid go nut having a shoot only attitude for 37 minute by shooting 9-21, plus Simmons leading the point on every offensive-possession for 43 minute .. poor Fultz! Simmons never let PG Fultz push the ball or lead the point to run a few plays in a half court setting to get his confidence up, and into the game.

The N.O. Pelicans were 0-5 in the preseason games SMH .. However the Pelicans won the open game of the regular season against the Houston Rockets 131 - 112 .. The Pelicans outscored the Rocs in all four quarter of the game .. Four Pelican Players i believe had double-double games on opening night vs Rocs. Super-Star Anthony Davis look to be receiving better help on both sides of the court in the paint area from teammates Mirotic & Randle .. for less than the price of resigning Cousins to a new contract.
The Houston Rockets look like they down-size the team from last season Rockets team.

tiger0330

Legend
Are the Boston Celtics the King of the Eastern Conference in the 2018-19 season ???
In the Boston vs Philly season open game Kyrie & Hayward played like crap yet, Boston controlled the tempo throughout the entire game for a Celtics win on opening night 105 - 87.
Boston's 2nd season Tatum are on his way to stardom. The performance of Smart & Brown 2-Way hustle in the back court are meshing well like Curry & Klay. Boston's bigman tandem of Horford & Morris team-leadership and high B.ball IQ together out-witted all Philly's big-men Embiid/Saric/Covington/and Amir Johnson on opening night.
I dont see Philly beating a same-page dynamic Boston team by letting Embiid go nut having a shoot only attitude for 37 minute by shooting 9-21, plus Simmons leading the point on every offensive-possession for 43 minute .. poor Fultz! Simmons never let PG Fultz push the ball or lead the point to run a few plays in a half court setting to get his confidence up, and into the game.

The N.O. Pelicans were 0-5 in the preseason games SMH .. However the Pelicans won the open game of the regular season against the Houston Rockets 131 - 112 .. The Pelicans outscored the Rocs in all four quarter of the game .. Four Pelican Players i believe had double-double games on opening night vs Rocs. Super-Star Anthony Davis look to be receiving better help on both sides of the court in the paint area from teammates Mirotic & Randle .. for less than the price of resigning Cousins to a new contract.
The Houston Rockets look like they down-size the team from last season Rockets team.
Don't sleep on TOR. Kawhi and DGreen are upgrades to last years TOR team. A deep team as well, like last year. Greg Monroe hasn't even got a whiff of the floor in 3 games shows how deep they are.

tiger0330

Legend
Mentioned this in the Knicks pre-season thread about the rule changes this year esp the freedom of movement rule and that we may get a record scoring season in the NBA because of it. The rules change might not be the only reason for high scoring this season with most teams wanting to up the pace thus season, I'd expect to see more points from that as well. And add all these bigs now taking 3 pt shots, saw Drum make a 3 and he's taken 3 so far in the season when his career high is 11 in a season. I'm sure Kanter is going to take a record number of 3s for him this season under Coach Fiz.

Just saw the Mavs/TWolves game where DAL beat MN 140-136 in a regulation game where they mentioned that so far this season scoring is up by 6 pts over last season, 112 to 106 ppg and FTs have increased by 4 per game.

A week into the season so the stats represent a small sample size but we may set a record for points scored league wide along with setting records for 3 pt shooting, attempts and makes.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mentioned this in the Knicks pre-season thread about the rule changes this year esp the freedom of movement rule and that we may get a record scoring season in the NBA because of it. The rules change might not be the only reason for high scoring this season with most teams wanting to up the pace thus season, I'd expect to see more points from that as well. And add all these bigs now taking 3 pt shots, saw Drum make a 3 and he's taken 3 so far in the season when his career high is 11 in a season. I'm sure Kanter is going to take a record number of 3s for him this season under Coach Fiz.

Just saw the Mavs/TWolves game where DAL beat MN 140-136 in a regulation game where they mentioned that so far this season scoring is up by 6 pts over last season, 112 to 106 ppg and FTs have increased by 4 per game.

A week into the season so the stats represent a small sample size but we may set a record for points scored league wide along with setting records for 3 pt shooting, attempts and makes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp0K-weVAAABfou.jpg:large