Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
I was hoping the Knicks offseason moves would've kept the Knicks a .500 team in the 2021-22 season.
But, the moves Leon Rose & Perry made in the offseason has me skeptical of the Knicks season.

Do not get to excited over Kemba & Fournier becoming a Knicks ....
Both players been on three NBA teams in 2021, because of their poor Defense.
The tandem Kemba/Fournier went 4-9 to end the regular season with Boston, plus went 1-4 in the first round of the playoffs. However, Fournier is good at scoring 3's.

Have to agree, the D got worse losing Payton and Bull and replacing to them with these 2. They do have the ability to score more points, so it will be a trade off of more offense vs poorer D. Fournier better than Bull at creating his own shot plus the outside jumper. Kemba a former AS while Payton a PG who couldn't shoot. Not writing off this combo, most important that Kemba is healthy rather than Payton being a better defender.

Kiyaman

Legend
Have to agree, the D got worse losing Payton and Bull and replacing to them with these 2. They do have the ability to score more points, so it will be a trade off of more offense vs poorer D. Fournier better than Bull at creating his own shot plus the outside jumper. Kemba a former AS while Payton a PG who couldn't shoot. Not writing off this combo, most important that Kemba is healthy rather than Payton being a better defender.

Well, in the Knicks 3rd preseason game vs the Pistons .. The Knicks 2nd half team-defense won the game, and Taj Gibson gets the Crown Team-Ball for his dynamic performance .. Gibson, Simms, JR, and Fournier played some dynamic defense to get the edge over the Pistons to pull a 11-0 run in the 4th quarter.
Plus Fournier coming away with a big time block during the run made me miss our block-party MitchRob & Noel !!!

Our first regular season game vs Boston look like Jaylen Brown & Al Horford will be DNP do to being positive of Covid-19

Kiyaman

Legend
Well the GSW & Chi Bulls are off to a 4-0 start, and the Utah Jazz have a healthy PG Conley to get off to a 3-0 start. These 3 teams dynamic performance may become the TEAM to beat as early as December.
The Bucks are performing like sleepers again.
The Miami Heats adding Lowry to their rotation will be a hard team to beat.
I wish i could say the same for the Toronto Raptors who added Dragic to their rotation.
The Denver Nuggets are still a handicap team from being a contender until a healthy Murray is back.
The Lakers & Clippers are no longer dominate in the West.
The NO Pelicans look like a better team without Zion & Ingram on the court.
There's two teams we must not sleep on in the 2021-22 season .. Kings & Wizards

Our 3-1 Knicks signed Kemba & Fournier to become a 3-point shooting team in the 2021-22 season.
I guess on off nights we are gonna rely on Thibs defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Has anyone been watching the 6-4 Cavs, they have a 3 PG rotation has a dynamic inside/outside performance that's been surprising all their opponents.

The 6-3 Wizards have Dinwiddle to keep inside scorer Harrell happy, plus outside shooter Beal happy.

The 7-2 Miami Heats are the better Defensive team in the East, and having Lowry makes the Heats one of the top-3 offensive teams in the East.

In the West .....
The 7-1 GS Warriors are back, and Curry are still consistent hitting the 3-Ball shots, plus have a new partner Poole to hold it down till Klay come back.

The 5-4 Kings have a 3 PG rotation meshing each game ...........

metrocard

Legend
Chris Duarte is the truth. Should of traded for him when we had a chance. He plays defense and would of easily been an upgrade over Fournier. I don't see how Thibs will fit our boys McBride and Grimes in the line up. I feel like he'll experiment but eventually lean on his vets. Crazy how Sims got more burn tarneshan them.

2021 Draft Class will be one of the best known.

Mobley/Barnes are generational players, legit 1a 1b and in their own tier. I like Green alot, but Houston needs a floor general before Green transition to PG. KPJr aint it. Giddey, Sengun, Garuba will be very good over time. I like this draft alot and expect more out of Moody/Kuminga.

I think Jalen Suggs will be good, but Raptors made the right choice and have a perfect dynamic two way point forward who's a defensive dragon.

mafra

Legend
Very solid class? This upcoming class might be better? Paolo Banchero for Duke is 6?10?, 250, sweet touch and fluid like a guard. Kid from Kansas had spectacular debut?. Good times coming post LJ era.

Entire NYK team and Thibbs at MSG tonight to watch Kentucky vs Duke.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Hornets coach Borrego strategy, and his players read the 11-1 GS Warriors scouting-report well enough for a Hornets 106-102 win tonight .. Lamelo Ball, Bridges, and Rozier meshing worked some magic for a team celebration weekend.

Oh yeah, Curry shot 3-13 from the 3 ball line ,, a close loss !!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Dallas Mavs Ex-Knicks players played a good game going down the stretch on Wednesday without Luka vs the mighty 10-0 streak Phoenix Suns. The Mavs gave it their all down the final minute of the game for a 105-98 loss.
Tonight, the ex-Knicks Mavs team go at it again without Luka vs the 10-0 streaky Suns ???

metrocard

Legend
Interesting the Bulls lost.

I would say their biggest weakness is their defense. They have no interior presence.

Rockets were without Jalen Green who's been streaky af. It's just one game too, but giving up 150 is a complete meltdown. Chicago owns the 1 seed right? We'll see how the season fold....we are only 20 games in.

I will say, Warriors have maximized the most out of their talent. Guys like Juan Toscano and Jordan Poole have been big factors. Wiggins who was considered a one dimensional bust has transformed into a two player. I'm not sure if their health will hold up. Curry playing like MVP, but can they maintain health into the playoffs?

I don't have a bold prediction who are the favorites in the NBA, but if I had to pick I believe the Phoenix Suns will want to run that back and get a championship for CP3 before he retires. They whooped our ass and defeated Brooklyn. They play well against top teams and they gave the Bucks a good run for their money. It depends on Ayton/Booker who are their main guys.

Kiyaman

Legend
Interesting the Bulls lost.

I would say their biggest weakness is their defense. They have no interior presence.

Rockets were without Jalen Green who's been streaky af. It's just one game too, but giving up 150 is a complete meltdown. Chicago owns the 1 seed right? We'll see how the season fold....we are only 20 games in.

I will say, Warriors have maximized the most out of their talent. Guys like Juan Toscano and Jordan Poole have been big factors. Wiggins who was considered a one dimensional bust has transformed into a two player. I'm not sure if their health will hold up. Curry playing like MVP, but can they maintain health into the playoffs?

I don't have a bold prediction who are the favorites in the NBA, but if I had to pick I believe the Phoenix Suns will want to run that back and get a championship for CP3 before he retires. They whooped our ass and defeated Brooklyn. They play well against top teams and they gave the Bucks a good run for their money. It depends on Ayton/Booker who are their main guys.

I been saying before the season started .. GSW & Suns are gonna be the top two winning teams in the West.
Chi-Town 4 guard offense need to make a trade with the Knicks or Kings way before the trade deadline to get Marvin Bagley III or MitchRob to become successful in their postseason presence .. The Bulls are the East sleepers, like last season Atlanta Hawks.

The Washington Wizards are one trade away from a successful season.

No Ben Simmons .. and Philly became a struggling .500 team.

Kiyaman

Legend
YOAH! The Ja Morrant Grizz Blowed-Out OKC ..152 - 79 .. WOW !!!
The Grizz bench-players scored 93 points.

Hint .. Knicks head-coach & all-star are getting paid to lose games !!!

Philly's on the urge of going under .500 tonight .. By Trae Young Hawks !!!
Question to coach Doc "Are your team able to win a championship in the 2021-22 season?".

Tonight the West Fight is on again on NBA TV .. The Suns at GSW ???
Who u like tonight?
The 18 game win streak Suns?
Or the 18-3 record GSW at Home?
Will Curry shoot 4-21 at Home tonight?

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets beat the Nets for their 7th straight win after a 15 game losing streak. Saw a game of theirs during the losing streak, called the team trash and what made them so bad was Porter and their prized rookie Green who both coincidentally didn?t play last night. Porter missed his second straight and Green his 6th, maybe Coach Silas should reconsider putting them back in the lineup when they're healthy and go with the guys filling in for them.

mafra

Legend
Per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, trade talks surrounding Philadelphia?s Ben Simmons have been ?gathering momentum? in the recent days.

As always, go ahead and take this with a grain of salt given all the speculation that?s occurred since the second the Hawks defeated the 76ers in the Eastern Conference Semis, but Woj reported that more teams are engaged and more two and three-way deals have been discussed as of late. The 76ers have not been shy about the desire to land a top-25 player for Simmons, and it helps that come this Wednesday, 84% of the league?s 446 players become eligible to be traded as opposed to the 65% that can be traded right now. Simmons is still on the wire in 13% of Yahoo! leagues, so if he?s available for you and you have someone to cut, it could be a high-risk, high reward situation. To be very clear, nothing is imminent right now. As a side note, despite any rumors you may have heard, Blazers point guard Damian Lillard is not available to be discussed in these trade talks, which eliminates one of the seemingly endless scenarios that could come to fruition.

MSN Sports