Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Regarding Ntilikina?s up-and-down season, Mills said confidence has been an issue. Ntilikina is 6-of-25 shooting in his past four games.

?Frank is a young, young player,? Mills said. ?There are a lot of things that he continues to get better at from a defensive standpoint. We?ve got to find a way to work with Frank and allow the confidence on the offensive end of the floor to sort of live within him all the time. It?s there sometimes, it?s not there other times, but that?s what we feel like our job is as a management team. We sit around and say we have to pour confidence into these guys.?

Kiyaman

Legend
Regarding Ntilikina?s up-and-down season, Mills said confidence has been an issue. Ntilikina is 6-of-25 shooting in his past four games.

?Frank is a young, young player,? Mills said. ?There are a lot of things that he continues to get better at from a defensive standpoint. We?ve got to find a way to work with Frank and allow the confidence on the offensive end of the floor to sort of live within him all the time. It?s there sometimes, it?s not there other times, but that?s what we feel like our job is as a management team. We sit around and say we have to pour confidence into these guys.?

Frank Nitty has been playing ****ty all season under coach Fizdale .. Frank hasn't run any offensive plays with teammates in any of Fizdale's lineups this season.
Frank's a 6.7 player that no longer slashes to the hoop, or cut to the hoop looking for the pass for a easy layup, nor does Frank give n go or PnR with teammates in Fizdale's offense. Last season as a rookie Frank averaged 3 assist per game for the season, when compared to this season Frank is averaging 2 assist per game, a decline in Frank's weak offensive performance are speaking volume on his position as a PG. I dont know bout anyone else but Im tired of watching Frank take 92% of his shots from the perimeter.
Plus Frank's one on one, or man to man switch-defense has been looking ****ty, even though Fizdale has little to no help team defense from teammates. Truth be said, Frank has not been involve on the court this season, especially standing at 6.7 in height and cant grab 1 rebound every 5 minutes on the court.

tiger0330

Legend
Fox is really coming into his own this season

The kid can play D, they were down 19 but the Kings came back in part because of his defense, he had 5 steals and at least one breakaway dunk off one of them. Doug Christie who does the color for them and knows something about defense said he's an all NBA defender. Granted a little announcer hyperbole but he's the only King he singled out for his defense.

Broadway

All Star
The kid can play D, they were down 19 but the Kings came back in part because of his defense, he had 5 steals and at least one breakaway dunk off one of them. Doug Christie who does the color for them and knows something about defense said he's an all NBA defender. Granted a little announcer hyperbole but he's the only King he singled out for his defense.

Ball and Fox are every bit the defender Knits is, if not better. Which is why I don't get all mushy inside when fans try to bring this up about Knits. Oh and where was Knits assignment on Trae the other night, you know wasn't he's THE TRAE STOPPER?...:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Ball and Fox are every bit the defender Knits is, if not better. Which is why I don't get all mushy inside when fans try to bring this up about Knits. Oh and where was Knits assignment on Trae the other night, you know wasn't he's THE TRAE STOPPER?...:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

You keep going after the Ntilikina supporters. We all walked away from his camp like 3 weeks ago when Mudiay finally emerged. Ntilkina is on his own until he decides to show something.

Broadway

All Star
You keep going after the Ntilikina supporters. We all walked away from his camp like 3 weeks ago when Mudiay finally emerged. Ntilkina is on his own until he decides to show something.

Yeah I contend with plenty of it still on Twitter and need to ease up here. Not that Knits is a forgotten soul though. Mudiay is not fully in the clear either but boy am I so proud of that kid. He has a legit shot, I'm not mad at Knits personally but I do feel his days could be numbered. Mills is on record being very high on Dotson, wants free agents to be to make us pay them this summer, and we know they're sold on Trier.

Unless they plan on trading THJR and Lee without him being sacrificed, he's probably not going to work out here long term

Meanwhile Fox again tonight...

We could've moved up above 5 to get him, I believe. May have cost #kporzee. Maybe trade #1 or #3 for #5 and #10(maybe more). Could've had

Tatum/Mitchell
Fox/Mitchell
Fox/Tatum

+ Brown

Depending if we could've got to #1 or what the Kings would do had they had #3 pick

mafra

Legend
In the would have, should?ve, and could?ve game... Nothing is worse than 1987 draft. We could?ve had Scottie Pippen and Reggie Jax, to pair with Oak and Ewing. Suffice to say, 1990s would?ve been different had we not traded away our 2 high lottery picks.

Broadway

All Star
In the would have, should’ve, and could’ve game... Nothing is worse than 1987 draft. We could’ve had Scottie Pippen and Reggie Jax, to pair with Oak and Ewing. Suffice to say, 1990s would’ve been different had we not traded away our 2 high lottery picks.

True, really at this point I wish Knits was more Lonzo to be honest. We just need a solid 3 and D guy who can make plays when needed

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
True, really at this point I wish Knits was more Lonzo to be honest. We just need a solid 3 and D guy who can make plays when needed

If Frank or Dotson could evolve into that role and the other to be used in a package for another piece... then we faired well.

Wasn?t the final straw for Dolan when Phil asked him if he could trade KP (presumably to move up in that draft)?

I think, at worst, Frank has a Shump type player. In CLE, and now in Sac-town. Shump showed that this type of player is a fine piece to employ of your bench.

mafra

Legend
From Newsday:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...-ntilikina-kevin-knox-lebron-james-1.24879537

Porzingis is working his way back from a physical ailment, but in Ntilikina?s case, the Knicks see a problem that is based not on a sore knee or a balky ankle but in the second-year guard?s mindset. Knicks president Steve Mills spoke of a lack of confidence on the offensive side of the ball, a point that coach David Fizdale also has commented on in recent days.

?Frank is a young, young player,? Mills said. ?There are a lot of things that he continues to get better at from a defensive standpoint. We?ve got to find a way to work with Frank and allow the confidence on the offensive end of the floor to sort of live within him all the time. It?s there sometimes, it?s not there other times. But that?s what we feel like our job is as a management team. We sit around and say we have to pour confidence into these guys. That?s how we approach everything we do every single day.

?We?ve got to find a way to make Frank feel confidence on the offensive end. He believes in what he can do defensively. That?s on us, to take a 20-year-old kid and give him the freedom and the skills to feel good about what he?s doing.?

Ntilikina has denied that he has any doubts about his ability, but it is hard to ignore how much more confident he appears when he hits a shot or two early and how hesitant he seems when he misses his first few shots. In the last four games entering Friday night, he was 6-for-25 from the floor, which followed a three-game stretch in which he shot 16-for-30.

Kiyaman

Legend

There is no Trae stopper in the NBA league .. The rookie Trae young has a play-making skill that has average 15 pts and 7 Dimes a game.
And .. Knits jumped on puppet Fizdale tank-wagon .. rather than use this season to improve his skills in so many areas, especially communication.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
You keep going after the Ntilikina supporters. We all walked away from his camp like 3 weeks ago when Mudiay finally emerged. Ntilkina is on his own +-until he decides to show something.

Yeah .. my boy Frank's poor developing performance has been a winner for the race for Zion or Barrett.
While Mudiay has been improving in scoring, but not passing or team-communication for a win.
Trier and MitchRob has to be DNP on the bench until they learn how to be a consistent LOSERS this season.

mafra

Legend
Luka Doncic scored a career-high 34 points during a tough 114-112 loss to the Pelicans on Friday, adding two rebounds, three assists and seven 3-pointers in 34 minutes.
The seven treys are also a career best with Luka and Anthony Davis going off against each other. Doncic is also one of a handful of players to produce strong stats against Jrue Holiday, which just goes to show just how hard to guard this rookie is. He's the first teenager to hit seven treys in a game, but for some reason coach Rick Carlisle didn't give Luka the rock with the Mavs down two and tried to explain after. "I take responsibility for the last play. That's on me, the fact that it was unsuccessful," Carlisle said. Luka will have countless chances to win games and he's already one of the most talented players in the NBA

tiger0330

Legend
James Harden is ridiculously good, I neglected to mention him as one of those guys I would want if I had to give out one of those super max contracts, maybe my first choice after LeBron. He"s having a phenomenal run, I couldn't keep up with all the streaks he's on that the announcers were talking about there were so many. The guy is near unstoppable, the Griz couldn't stop him even with Mike Conley and double teams. Hitting 35 ft 3s, getting to the line 27 times, his 13 assists are like found money being most of them are lobs to Capela or someone for dunks. If the definition of MVP is a guy that carries his team, he right now is the MVP.

James Harden had 43 points, 10 rebounds and 13 assists in his fourth straight 40-point game, leading the Houston Rockets over the Memphis Grizzlies 113-101 on Monday night for their fifth consecutive victory.
Harden set an NBA record with his eighth straight game with at least 35 points and five assists, besting Oscar Robertson, who twice had seven-game streaks. Harden finished with his fourth triple-double this season and 39th overall.
Houston has won 10 of its last 11 to improve to 21-15.
Harden continued his incredible run that has powered Houston's surge up the Western Conference standings after a slow start, making six 3-pointers and 21 of 27 free throws. He has made at least four 3-pointers in eight straight games has finished with 30 points or more in 10 games in a row.