Other NBA games and League

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow...just saw the numbers on Nurkic vs Jokic from yesterday...Nurkic made a statement 33/16 to 17/8.
Anyone see the game? Must have been a grudge game for Nurkic.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kings beat Minny in Minnesota...both teams now at 30 wins.
Galloway and Afflalo with a combined 33 pts for Kings .. Galloway & Afflalo helping the Knicks.

Yesterday, Minny beating Portland to keep the Denver Nuggets in the 8th seed race with Portland .. Nurkic were DNP with a sore right leg .. Portland PG Lillard had the game winning last shot 15 ft from basket being defended by Rubio missed the shot giving Minny a 110-109 win.

I had Gonzaga winning the NCAA FINALS butt North Carolina Tar Heels n the officiating did not agree with me .. UNC 71 - Gonzaga 65

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Russell Westbrook 27 minute triple-double performance last night over the Bucks for a OKC win won the 2016-17 NBA MVP award!!!

OKC without Harden/Ibaka/Durant has a 44-33 record with 5 more games left in the season on the strength, leadership, and creative 2 way performance of Russell Westbrook .. Last night Westbrook tied the performance of the Famous HOF Oscar Roberson by having his 41st triple-double game in a season over the Bucks. Westbrook tied a record i thought no NBA player would have come close to reaching .... Wilt Chamberlain 100 pt game without 3 ball shots are the next record i believe wont be reached.

Lance Stephenson 2 way performance alongside teammate Paul George is back in the Indiana Pacers rotation, Last night the Pacers outscored the Raptors in the 4th quarter 31-15 for a 18 pt win 108-90, which had all the Raptors players wanting to physically fight Lance Stephenson for scoring the Pacers last 2 points LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend
Russell Westbrook 27 minute triple-double performance last night over the Bucks for a OKC win won the 2016-17 NBA MVP award!!!

OKC without Harden/Ibaka/Durant has a 44-33 record with 5 more games left in the regular season on the strength, leadership, and creative 2 way performance of Russell Westbrook .. Last night Westbrook tied the performance of the Famous HOF Oscar Roberson by having his 41st triple-double game in a season over the Bucks. Westbrook tied a record i thought no NBA player would have come close to reaching .... Wilt Chamberlain 100 pt game without 3 ball shots are the next record i believe wont be reached.

Lance Stephenson 2 way performance alongside teammate Paul George is back in the Indiana Pacers rotation, Last night the Pacers outscored the Raptors in the 4th quarter 31-15 for a 18 pt win 108-90, which had all the Raptors players wanting to physically fight Lance Stephenson for scoring the Pacers last 2 points LMAO

tiger0330

Legend
Cavs look ready despite all the talk about can they turn it on after a mediocre March. They whipped the Celts in their building. Griffin has assembled a deep bench for their defense of their world title, too many shooters and now they're healthy and they even added Larry Sanders for rim protection. I expect them to have another cake walk to the finals. I expect they'll take the Celts in 5 if they meet in the EC finals.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lakers coach Luke Walton tried everything possible to TANK the Spurs game in San Antonio to stay a tie with the Suns as the 2nd worst team in the league .. but coach Pop has already won 60 games this season .. so Pop rested his top players to beat coach Luke Walton at his own losing game .. Lakers won 102-95 LMFAO

The L.A. Lakers are trying to lose games, which is appropriate because the Lakers have so much to lose by winning games. L.A. owes its pick in the 2017 NBA draft to the 76ers, but it’s protected in the top three. Finishing with as bad a record as possible helps the Lakers keep their pick.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! The season-injured D.Wade coming back to play in the Bulls final 3 games of the regular season .. I believe it was the Knicks win over the Bulls Tuesday night to make the Bulls tied with Wade's ex-Heats team, and the new/old "Lance Stephenson" Pacers for the East 7th seed playoff spot LMAO

7-Chicago Bulls 38-40
8-Miami Heats 38-40
9-Indiana Pacers 38-40

Who's going to be the 9th seed team at the end of the season? LMAO
Pat Riley?
Larry Bird?
Paxon?

Broadway

All Star
He is truly remarkable...what a way to put a capper on your record break triple double game. UNREAL and AMAZING!!!!

I just want to say thank you Russell Westbrook, you are officially a LEGEND!

Broadway

All Star
If he doesn't win the MVP it'll be a crime.

Too bad it happened to Denver but Denver in a way needed to be knocked out to force them to break the cycle that's hurting their team. I've had enough of their shenanigans. Jokic is the real deal though it's gonna come down to if he wants to be GREAT, he's right there with Towns as of today

Harden has had a historic season himself and should've won MVP 2 yrs ago(I'm still hot about it myself) but as you said Russ stands alone here this yr, he was my pick day 1

Kiyaman

Legend
Too bad it happened to Denver but Denver in a way needed to be knocked out to force them to break the cycle that's hurting their team. I've had enough of their shenanigans. Jokic is the real deal though it's gonna come down to if he wants to be GREAT, he's right there with Towns as of today

Harden has had a historic season himself and should've won MVP 2 yrs ago(I'm still hot about it myself) but as you said Russ stands alone here this yr, he was my pick day 1

In 2008, i wanted us to trade our pick down in the draft to select Westbrook .. the 2016-17 NBA MVP goes to Westbrook hands-down!
The OKC Thunder lineup of "Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka" those 4 players were going to bring the OKC club a championship .. whomever were the Sonic/Thunder draft-scout from 2007 to 2010 were a B.Ball genius

Broadway

All Star
There have been some flashes in Preseason thus far. What jumps out at me immediately...

Denver Nuggets are going to be scary good this yr
Ben Simmons looks really spry, healthy, athletic, pretty much as advertised
Kyle Kuzma (serious hot take here)...HE WILL BE IN THE RUNNING FOR ROY
Rockets offense will be straight machinery
Malik Monk can flat out shoot the rock
Wolves have a chance to be special
Dante Exum/Mudiay/Hezonja/Russell will have bounce back seasons
Teodosic/Beverly will be one of the best backcourts in the league

Mike James is gonna make you say WHOA!!! a few times this yr

tiger0330

Legend
There have been some flashes in Preseason thus far. What jumps out at me immediately...

I was looking for a better showing from the Sixers. Pre-season means nothing but with a team like the Sixers, wins can build some confidence but they're 0-2 with so much talent on the team:?. Simmons hasn't shot the ball well but the guy has fascinating prospects, so tall and well built, not the beanpole you might expect for being that young. Lonzo has nothing on the kid as far as passing and ball handling ability but his D and shooting need work. Still a favorite of mine to become ROY.

Bold predictions. Dante Exum now looks like he has a serious/season ending injury. Interesting to see how everyone else pans out.

Kiyaman

Legend

I agree .. the Nuggets will make some noise this season .. I'm still hoping we make a trade with the Nuggets for Faried strong rebounding at both forward position.
The Utah Jazz look to make some noise this season too.
The new improve Timberwolves has taken off to a winning process in the preseason games with Butler Gibson reuniting with coach Thibs to outscore their opponent for 3 quarters of the game .. Coach Thibs has played a 10 man rotation in both preseason wins .. WHY?

The Mavs coach Carlisle may switch rookie DSJ to the SG position before his rookie season is over.
The Lakers offense/defense look the same as last season having Lonzo at the point .. they should have kept snitching D'Angelo Russell as their SG this season .. D'Angelo Russell has been lighting it up for the Nets as a combo-guard.
I must admit I expected the 76ers roster to take off dominating the preseason games having Fultz n Simmons leading the point. I guess paying Reddick 10 times his worth got teammates wondering bout management in training-camp lol.
I dont like the idea of rookies and 2nd season players missing one preseason game when they had all offseason to work on being NBA-Ready (strong n healthy) for training-camp, preseason games, and the start of the season.

OKC miss Kanter lol
Bum coach Dantoni are off to another winning season for Houston Rockets by adding super star PG CP3 with Harding to lead the team, having frontcourt athleticism from Trevor Ariza, Clint Capela, and big-body Ryan Anderson in the paint will make it difficult to stop these Rocks.

Broadway

All Star
I agree .. the Nuggets will make some noise this season .. I'm still hoping we make a trade with the Nuggets for Faried strong rebounding at both forward position.
The Utah Jazz look to make some noise this season too.
The new improve Timberwolves has taken off to a winning process in the preseason games with Butler Gibson reuniting with coach Thibs to outscore their opponent for 3 quarters of the game .. Coach Thibs has played a 10 man rotation in both preseason wins .. WHY?

The Mavs coach Carlisle may switch rookie DSJ to the SG position before his rookie season is over.
The Lakers offense/defense look the same as last season having Lonzo at the point .. they should have kept snitching D'Angelo Russell as their SG this season .. D'Angelo Russell has been lighting it up for the Nets as a combo-guard.
I must admit I expected the 76ers roster to take off dominating the preseason games having Fultz n Simmons leading the point. I guess paying Reddick 10 times his worth got teammates wondering bout management in training-camp lol.
I dont like the idea of rookies and 2nd season players missing one preseason game when they had all offseason to work on being NBA-Ready (strong n healthy) for training-camp, preseason games, and the start of the season.

OKC miss Kanter lol
Bum coach Dantoni are off to another winning season for Houston Rockets by adding super star PG CP3 with Harding to lead the team, having frontcourt athleticism from Trevor Ariza, Clint Capela, and big-body Ryan Anderson in the paint will make it difficult to stop these Rocks.

They are playing well Rubio may have finally found his fit and this guy...

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup with Philly taking a 112-84 lead over the Nets at the end of the 3rd qtr.
Embiid had 20 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk in just 11 minute of playing time .. must be the new extension !!!

Not sure if anyone else was watching Cavs/Celtics earlier, but Gordon Hayward fractured his ankle in one of the most gruesome sports injuries I've ever seen. I hate the Celtics, but you never want to see something like that. Just unsettling.

mafra

Legend
Not sure if anyone else was watching Cavs/Celtics earlier, but Gordon Hayward fractured his ankle in one of the most gruesome sports injuries I've ever seen. I hate the Celtics, but you never want to see something like that. Just unsettling.

He's done this year and next. Brutal for BOS.

tiger0330

Legend
Shaun Livingston and Paul George had uglier injuries imo. If a guy is going to have an injury get injured in the first minutes of the 1st game and you might make it back for the playoffs, lets see what the doctors say about the ankle.

Last edited: