Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
JA takes down LAC. 22-4-9-1 line... Too bad we got RJ instead of JA.

Oh boy, the Clippers are gonna be pissed off tomorrow and will wax us.
I said I preferred Ja over RJ saying I thought he was special but I thought you always wanted RJ. Remember you saying the Knicks favored Ja over RJ if both were available when we picked though.

mafra

Legend
I said I preferred Ja over RJ saying I thought he was special but I thought you always wanted RJ. Remember you saying the Knicks favored Ja over RJ if both were available when we picked though.

I was fine with either but felt JA had higher upside and played greater position of need. Might?ve considered trade back to 3 (for RJ plus) is MEM offered a haul to move up a spot.

Broadway

All Star
I was fine with either but felt JA had higher upside and played greater position of need. Might’ve considered trade back to 3 (for RJ plus) is MEM offered a haul to move up a spot.

Well RJ played the better game yesterday and has on a few other occasions this yr. Yeah Ja is likely a better talent and having a better yr but RJ is having a pretty decent yr in an unstable organization

mafra

Legend
Well RJ played the better game yesterday and has on a few other occasions this yr. Yeah Ja is likely a better talent and having a better yr but RJ is having a pretty decent yr in an unstable organization

Somebody said to look beyond the stats with RJ, b/c what?s most impressive about the teenager is how unfazed he is on the court playing against elite competition. Goes after PG like it?s nothing.... and, already, he can physically hold his own.

mafra

Legend
Carmelo hits the go-ahead FG with 3 seconds left. 28 points. Unbelievable. POR beats TOR. That?s 17th of his career (more than Kobe and Dirk).

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Carmelo hits the go-ahead FG with 3 seconds left. 28 points. Unbelievable. POR beats TOR. That’s 17th of his career (more than Kobe and Dirk).
I was noticing his lift on that jumper, he may have more elevation on his jumper now then when he was younger. Speaks to how hard he’s trained and his trainer.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Thunder 2nd season player Shai Gilgeous-Alexander are a future NBA All-Star player .... I know Clippers coach Doc Rivers did not want to trade rookie Gilgeous, but to get Kawhi to sign they had to get Paul George on the roster. Poor coach Doc gave up his Son to give the rookie star combo-guard Gilgeous playing-time.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had a rookie season having veteran teammate guards Lou Williams/ Beverley, and in his 2nd season Gilgeous has veteran teammate guards Chris Paul and Schroder .....

Yes yes, I would trade RJ Barrett, Knox, and DSJ for Future All-Star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander !!!

Wow, Durant embarrassing himself on Twitter lately. He would not have lasted 1 week with the Knicks. Throw in equally sensitive Irving and all I can say is ?good luck, Nets?.

Brooklyn currently on 7 game losing streak.

Meanwhile, Porzingis continues to miss games because of a problem with the knee that didn?t have surgery, recently receiving a platelet rich plasma injection in hopes of helping the healing process.

Year 1 of a 5 year, 158 million dollar contract.

You think there are other guys in this league who would have wanted to come play with Doncic? Better and less risky players than KP? Probably.

Cuban may have outsmarted himself on this one. Made a great trade but maybe not the right move in the long run.

mafra

Legend
Meanwhile, Porzingis continues to miss games because of a problem with the knee that didn?t have surgery, recently receiving a platelet rich plasma injection in hopes of helping the healing process.

Year 1 of a 5 year, 158 million dollar contract.

You think there are other guys in this league who would have wanted to come play with Doncic? Better and less risky players than KP? Probably.

Cuban may have outsmarted himself on this one. Made a great trade but maybe not the right move in the long run.

I would prefer Randle at 20 mil for 3 years than KP for 30 mil for 5 years. Randle only like 8 months older.

Timmy was prolly a better get for Cuban.

Looks like no AD or Giannis bc of KP.

mafra

Legend
Ja Morant dropped an epic line in a 134-121 win over the Spurs on Friday, scoring 24 points with a career-high 14 assists, seven rebounds, two steals and two turnovers in 34 minutes.

Good grief. He becomes the ninth rookie in NBA history to have at least 22 points, 14 assists, seven rebounds and two steals in a game, joining the likes of Michael Jordan, Steph Curry and Chris Paul (h/t Fastbreak Breakfast). Morant is in the midst of his best stretch of the season, scoring at least 20 points in four of his last five games with an average of 8.8 dimes in that span. With the Grizzlies moving up to 8th in the West, this team may unleash him even more after some early-season restrictions with his minutes.

mafra

Legend
Fultz with a triple double tonight, as ORL beat Lakers in LA.

We take all these fliers on PGs lately, from
Mudiay to Burke to DSJ to EP... 4 swing and misses... boom.... a few more too...

Imagine if Fultz realizes potential and becomes a star... And it?s ORL of all teams, who Perry loses out to!

mafra

Legend
I love this train wreck. Can?t wait for it to derail next year:

The Nets have steadfastly insisted they aren?t conceding this season like some gap year waiting for Kevin Durant. But Kyrie Irving addressed the elephant in the room, admitting to get where they want to go ? hoisting an NBA championship trophy ? they will need Durant healthy.

Then Irving acknowledged they may need even more than that.

?It?s transparent. It?s out there. It?s glaring in terms of the pieces that we need in order to be at that next level,? Irving said after scoring just 14 points in the Nets? 117-106 loss to the 76ers on Wednesday night. ?I?m going to continue to reiterate it: We?re going to do the best with the guys that we have in our locker room now, and we?ll worry about all the other stuff ? in terms of moving pieces and everything else ? as an organization down the line in the summer.

?It?s just something that we signed up for. We knew what we were coming into at the beginning of this season. Guys were going down left and right, [Garrett Temple] is out, [DeAndre Jordan] just got hurt, Wilson [Chandler] just came back. We?ve got complementary young guys as well that?ve done a great job the last three years; collectively, I feel like we have great pieces. But it?s pretty glaring we need one more piece or two more pieces that will complement myself, KD, DJ, GT, Spencer (Dinwiddie), Caris (LeVert), and we?ll see how that evolves.?

tiger0330

Legend
And Porzingis is still out since Dec 26 with a sore knee. I don't mean to wish injuries on anyone but with DSJ looking like a bust along with being injury prone a perennial injured KP is the only thing that salvages this trade or one of those middling picks turns into Manu Ginoboli.

And Porzingis is still out since Dec 26 with a sore knee. I don't mean to wish injuries on anyone but with DSJ looking like a bust along with being injury prone a perennial injured KP is the only thing that salvages this trade or one of those middling picks turns into Manu Ginoboli.

Sounds like they keep expecting KP to come back and he keeps having knee pain in pregame warmups so they keep holding him out. KP seems like a huge risk right now in year 1 of 30 million a year for 5 years. That cap space maybe could have landed a bigger fish than KP in free agency now that Doncic is arguably top 2 player in the NBA.

Wow, Kyrie Irving meltdown seems to be well underway. Every day there is another story with him making some long-winded speech about his ?critics?.

Kiyaman

Legend
The East (38-6) Milwaukee Bucks are the # 1 winning Team to beat in the NBA at the start of the midseason ..
The Dynamic Super-Star Giannis Bucks has took a 20 pt lead on practically every opponent in the first half of the season !!!
The NBA Four top winning teams (Lakers Nuggets Heat Raptors) will need some serious OldSkool coaching to beat the Giannis-Bucks in a postseason series !!!