Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567686100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1628
  1. #1576
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,336
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Sounds like Toppin is going to sit 7-10 days, then be re-evaluated. Ankle issue. Just a disaster for the 8th pick....
    He’s hit 4 of his last 7 shots. Unfortunately, it took him 3 games to get 7 shots in our rotation.

  2. #1577
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I see he’s playing today? What the heck is Ian Bagley saying? He ain’t out?

    I think Toppin will be much improved next season... he’ll work and put himself into a position to contribute.

    If he was given Knox-like rookie minutes, who knows... right? Tough to get involved playing 8 minutes.

  3. #1578
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,336
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Mavs lost so now we’re both sitting at 13 - 15. Kind of funny since they’re supposed to be in championship contention and we’re supposed to be doomed forever.

    Charlotte also lost giving us the tie for the 6th seed.

  4. #1579
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,222
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Mavs lost so now we’re both sitting at 13 - 15. Kind of funny since they’re supposed to be in championship contention and we’re supposed to be doomed forever.

    Charlotte also lost giving us the tie for the 6th seed.
    There isn't a dominant team in the EC, though I'm expecting the Nets to start pulling away when KD is back and their big 3 to continue gelling. Nash has Harden running the show at PG and KI as the SG, good move both are great passers but KI is the better shooter so if Harden can accept his role as the playmaker and forget about scoring titles it'll help the Nets.

    Said DRose was going to help win a few games for us but he may solidify that bench enough to get us a 4 seed in the playoffs. I liked that combo that Thibs rolled out of DRose, IQ, RJ, JR and Noel late in the ATL game. Maybe not the best defensive lineup you could roll out but they had a positive net rating while out there.

  5. #1580
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Nets don’t play any defense tho. Going to be tough for them to outscore everybody, although they have the weapons to do so

  6. #1581
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The Minnesota Timberwolves have fired head coach Ryan Saunders on Sunday night, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski

  7. #1582
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The Mavericks, who haven't played since Feb. 14th, are hoping that the time off will spark Kristaps Porzingis' defense.
    “It’s conditioning, it’s mind-set, and this week has offered the opportunity for him to dive into that and to work on it,” coach Rick Carlisle said. “We’ve just got to keep pushing. He’s got to keep sitting down in his stance.” Porzingis is allowing an average of 119.5 points per 100 possessions, the eighth-worst defensive rating among anyone who’s played in at least 10 games this season

  8. #1583
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,336
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    The Mavericks, who haven't played since Feb. 14th, are hoping that the time off will spark Kristaps Porzingis' defense.
    “It’s conditioning, it’s mind-set, and this week has offered the opportunity for him to dive into that and to work on it,” coach Rick Carlisle said. “We’ve just got to keep pushing. He’s got to keep sitting down in his stance.” Porzingis is allowing an average of 119.5 points per 100 possessions, the eighth-worst defensive rating among anyone who’s played in at least 10 games this season
    Until I watched Porzingis, I never truly realized how a player could be so good at blocking shots and be so bad at playing defense.

  9. #1584
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    It’s all about effort and wants-to-ability. Amazing how bad of a rebounder KP and MRob are....

  10. #1585
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Rotoworld

    The Mavericks have reportedly gauged the Warriors' interest in Kristaps Porzingis, according to SNY's Ian Begley.

    Another report from Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report states, "Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis ... as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support [Luka] Doncic as the second option on a contender." The timing is interesting, as Porzingis currently sidelined by lower back tightness and Mavs coach Rick Carlisle was blunt about KP's defensive struggles. To be clear, though, there's nothing imminent and for now we'll assume Dallas is merely performing due diligence.

  11. #1586
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,450
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Rotoworld

    The Mavericks have reportedly gauged the Warriors' interest in Kristaps Porzingis, according to SNY's Ian Begley.

    Another report from Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report states, "Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis ... as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support [Luka] Doncic as the second option on a contender." The timing is interesting, as Porzingis currently sidelined by lower back tightness and Mavs coach Rick Carlisle was blunt about KP's defensive struggles. To be clear, though, there's nothing imminent and for now we'll assume Dallas is merely performing due diligence.
    I bet his brother is going to raise hell now. Rick Carlisle has basically Phil Jackson'd #kporzee...to his Melo, publicly. Never thought anything magnificent would come of #kporzee, he tried to slick talk his way while a Knick and the fake that he is, realness eventually caught up with him. He has so many other issues besides his defense too. Mavs have a very difficult situation ahead of them, happy we no longer are dealing with it.

  12. #1587
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    One Western Conference executive told Bleacher Report that he has “looked like a scarecrow” while struggling at the defensive end this season, adding “I’m not sure the guy can guard anybody.”

    That comment particularly irked Cuban.

    “And BTW, we are not happy that there is a supposed ‘Western Conference exec’ ripping on one of our players,” he texted the Dallas Morning News.

    “There is no trade discussion. I think they just used it as a way to put out there what they think of KP.”

    NYP

  13. #1588
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,904
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Well, every thing i been saying bout KP are coming true to the NBA public.
    KP never was a NBA starter, he had way to many flaws in his performance.
    I thought Dallas (Cuban) was crazy trading one of the league top defensive centers D.Andre Jordan for KP. In NY KP showed consistently he needed a defensive center in his lineup to be a threat.

  14. #1589
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,222
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Rotoworld

    The Mavericks have reportedly gauged the Warriors' interest in Kristaps Porzingis, according to SNY's Ian Begley.

    Another report from Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report states, "Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis ... as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support [Luka] Doncic as the second option on a contender." The timing is interesting, as Porzingis currently sidelined by lower back tightness and Mavs coach Rick Carlisle was blunt about KP's defensive struggles. To be clear, though, there's nothing imminent and for now we'll assume Dallas is merely performing due diligence.
    The Mavs defensive rating is 12 pts worse when KP is on the floor but that’s clearly a result of the knee surgeries affecting his lateral mobility and I’ve noticed he labors getting back in transition, his contract and his defensive problems are big enough concerns that he no longer is considered the “untouchable” piece to put around Luka but to me the best option is not to go off half ****ed and try to trade him, Mavs are better off having patience and seeing if his mobility comes around with more playing time before giving up on their Euro duo.

  15. #1590
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,222
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    There isn't a dominant team in the EC, though I'm expecting the Nets to start pulling away when KD is back and their big 3 to continue gelling. Nash has Harden running the show at PG and KI as the SG, good move both are great passers but KI is the better shooter so if Harden can accept his role as the playmaker and forget about scoring titles it'll help the Nets.

    Said DRose was going to help win a few games for us but he may solidify that bench enough to get us a 4 seed in the playoffs. I liked that combo that Thibs rolled out of DRose, IQ, RJ, JR and Noel late in the ATL game. Maybe not the best defensive lineup you could roll out but they had a positive net rating while out there.
    Just an indication that Harden has bought into Nash role for him as the primary playmaker. He leads the NBA in assists per game with over 11 and he has only attempted 20 shots in 5 of the last 18 games he’s played a far cry from his HOU days.

Similar Threads

  1. Should there be LESS games in the NBA season?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 18:36
  2. 23 Nationally televised games.. Plus a few more on NBA TV.
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 19, 2011, 22:30
  3. NBA games on the net?
    By nyk35 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2010, 13:44
  4. NO NBA Games on League pass
    By Scipio in forum Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2009, 19:15
  5. Full games on NBA.com
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2006, 06:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •