Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
The Minnesota Timberwolves have fired head coach Ryan Saunders on Sunday night, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski

mafra

Legend
The Mavericks, who haven't played since Feb. 14th, are hoping that the time off will spark Kristaps Porzingis' defense.
?It?s conditioning, it?s mind-set, and this week has offered the opportunity for him to dive into that and to work on it,? coach Rick Carlisle said. ?We?ve just got to keep pushing. He?s got to keep sitting down in his stance.? Porzingis is allowing an average of 119.5 points per 100 possessions, the eighth-worst defensive rating among anyone who?s played in at least 10 games this season

The Mavericks, who haven't played since Feb. 14th, are hoping that the time off will spark Kristaps Porzingis' defense.
?It?s conditioning, it?s mind-set, and this week has offered the opportunity for him to dive into that and to work on it,? coach Rick Carlisle said. ?We?ve just got to keep pushing. He?s got to keep sitting down in his stance.? Porzingis is allowing an average of 119.5 points per 100 possessions, the eighth-worst defensive rating among anyone who?s played in at least 10 games this season

Until I watched Porzingis, I never truly realized how a player could be so good at blocking shots and be so bad at playing defense.

mafra

Legend
Rotoworld

The Mavericks have reportedly gauged the Warriors' interest in Kristaps Porzingis, according to SNY's Ian Begley.

Another report from Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report states, "Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis ... as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support [Luka] Doncic as the second option on a contender." The timing is interesting, as Porzingis currently sidelined by lower back tightness and Mavs coach Rick Carlisle was blunt about KP's defensive struggles. To be clear, though, there's nothing imminent and for now we'll assume Dallas is merely performing due diligence.

Broadway

All Star
Rotoworld

The Mavericks have reportedly gauged the Warriors' interest in Kristaps Porzingis, according to SNY's Ian Begley.

Another report from Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report states, "Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis ... as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support [Luka] Doncic as the second option on a contender." The timing is interesting, as Porzingis currently sidelined by lower back tightness and Mavs coach Rick Carlisle was blunt about KP's defensive struggles. To be clear, though, there's nothing imminent and for now we'll assume Dallas is merely performing due diligence.

I bet his brother is going to raise hell now. Rick Carlisle has basically Phil Jackson'd #kporzee...to his Melo, publicly. Never thought anything magnificent would come of #kporzee, he tried to slick talk his way while a Knick and the fake that he is, realness eventually caught up with him. He has so many other issues besides his defense too. Mavs have a very difficult situation ahead of them, happy we no longer are dealing with it.

mafra

Legend
One Western Conference executive told Bleacher Report that he has ?looked like a scarecrow? while struggling at the defensive end this season, adding ?I?m not sure the guy can guard anybody.?

That comment particularly irked Cuban.

?And BTW, we are not happy that there is a supposed ?Western Conference exec? ripping on one of our players,? he texted the Dallas Morning News.

?There is no trade discussion. I think they just used it as a way to put out there what they think of KP.?

NYP

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, every thing i been saying bout KP are coming true to the NBA public.
KP never was a NBA starter, he had way to many flaws in his performance.
I thought Dallas (Cuban) was crazy trading one of the league top defensive centers D.Andre Jordan for KP. In NY KP showed consistently he needed a defensive center in his lineup to be a threat.

tiger0330

Legend
Rotoworld

The Mavs defensive rating is 12 pts worse when KP is on the floor but that’s clearly a result of the knee surgeries affecting his lateral mobility and I’ve noticed he labors getting back in transition, his contract and his defensive problems are big enough concerns that he no longer is considered the “untouchable” piece to put around Luka but to me the best option is not to go off half ****ed and try to trade him, Mavs are better off having patience and seeing if his mobility comes around with more playing time before giving up on their Euro duo.

tiger0330

Legend
There isn't a dominant team in the EC, though I'm expecting the Nets to start pulling away when KD is back and their big 3 to continue gelling. Nash has Harden running the show at PG and KI as the SG, good move both are great passers but KI is the better shooter so if Harden can accept his role as the playmaker and forget about scoring titles it'll help the Nets.

Said DRose was going to help win a few games for us but he may solidify that bench enough to get us a 4 seed in the playoffs. I liked that combo that Thibs rolled out of DRose, IQ, RJ, JR and Noel late in the ATL game. Maybe not the best defensive lineup you could roll out but they had a positive net rating while out there.
Just an indication that Harden has bought into Nash role for him as the primary playmaker. He leads the NBA in assists per game with over 11 and he has only attempted 20 shots in 5 of the last 18 games he’s played a far cry from his HOU days.

Broadway

All Star
The Mavs defensive rating is 12 pts worse when KP is on the floor but that’s clearly a result of the knee surgeries affecting his lateral mobility and I’ve noticed he labors getting back in transition, his contract and his defensive problems are big enough concerns that he no longer is considered the “untouchable” piece to put around Luka but to me the best option is not to go off half ****ed and try to trade him, Mavs are better off having patience and seeing if his mobility comes around with more playing time before giving up on their Euro duo.

You mean the same patience the Knicks could've shown with DSJ, especially since we traded for him in the deal? You mean playing a young kid about 15-20min/gm like The Pistons are currently doing instead of trading for D-Rose(who has been solid but knees could betray him any day). Dollars to Donuts our record is the exact same had we not traded for Rose

Remember all the crying last yr how #kporzee was playing and DSJ was collecting DNPs or trying to play with 7 Guards on the team? Well who's not playing now while another player may end up becoming The Pistons full time starter

And yes he can do more than Dunk. He's already made 9 3s this month, a few multi stl/blk gms, shot 40% or better in over half of them, 5ast or more in about half of them

Not to be a jerk, but DSJ scored 17 against the Kings, who we just saw are an all-time bad defensive team and somehow, Pistons actually lost that game, ending Kings? 9 game losing streak.

Broadway

All Star
Not to be a jerk, but DSJ scored 17 against the Kings, who we just saw are an all-time bad defensive team and somehow, Pistons actually lost that game, ending Kings’ 9 game losing streak.

You're not being a jerk, you're giving your point of view. I know you were never a fan of his...I wasn't a fan of many players on our team past couple yrs but when it came to development and opportunity for young players I thought everyone deserved a fair shake to prove their worth

I chose not to highlight his pt total nor just this game tonight, instead other areas to see if anything seems like it was translating to a legit NBA prospect. I was countering Tig's point about PATIENCE. I mean it's not like #kporzee hasn't had his fair share of opportunities himself

Marc Spears is even reporting his days may be numbered in Dallas and rumblings again about him and his brother being "high maintenance"(cancers). Must be something if Spears is talking about it, he's a well respected journalist who doesn't reach for stories.

All I'm saying is we should've been more supportive of the asset acquired in the trade

As far as that game...two bad teams playing each other, someone had to win. There's a reason Derrick Rose wanted out of there, he wasn't helping them win either and he had Blake in the rotation

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Could this be a fit?

Buddy Hield popped off for 30 points, two rebounds, seven assists, eight triples and just one turnover across 39 minutes in Sunday's loss to the Hornets.
Hield has been mired in a season-long shooting funk, but he was feeling himself in this one, going 10-of-17 from the field and 2-of-3 from the stripe. He also became the fastest player in NBA history to record 1,000 triples ? accomplishing that feat in just 350 career games. Hield did tweak his right ankle late in the game, which required him to sit out a possession, but he did get back in there for the final few plays.

Kiyaman

Legend
Could this be a fit?

Buddy Hield popped off for 30 points, two rebounds, seven assists, eight triples and just one turnover across 39 minutes in Sunday's loss to the Hornets.
Hield has been mired in a season-long shooting funk, but he was feeling himself in this one, going 10-of-17 from the field and 2-of-3 from the stripe. He also became the fastest player in NBA history to record 1,000 triples ? accomplishing that feat in just 350 career games. Hield did tweak his right ankle late in the game, which required him to sit out a possession, but he did get back in there for the final few plays.

Naw .. Hield and his team loss the game.
We will stick with RJ, Quickley, and Burks at that position.

mafra

Legend
Fastest to 1K made 3s in NBA history. Not saying he?s Curry, but the dude can shoot the 3 and would fit in well with the group we have. I watch a bunch of SAC games, and he brings passion most nights.

I wouldn?t give up a ton for him, but a package of Knox and 1 1st or something wouldn?t be outlandish.

Just seems like a good mix of (1) lower cost, (2) would be what we need (shooting/scoring), and (3) still has upside.

Something tells me, if you put Buddy under the lights of MsG... man... imagine IQ and Buddy and RJ and Randle and MRob !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Could this be a fit?

Hield has been mired in a season-long shooting funk, but he was feeling himself in this one, going 10-of-17 from the field and 2-of-3 from the stripe. He also became the fastest player in NBA history to record 1,000 triples — accomplishing that feat in just 350 career games. Hield did tweak his right ankle late in the game, which required him to sit out a possession, but he did get back in there for the final few plays.

Naw .. Hield and his team loss the game.
We will stick with RJ, Quickley, and Burks at that position.

Fastest to 1K made 3s in NBA history. Not saying he’s Curry, but the dude can shoot the 3 and would fit in well with the group we have. I watch a bunch of SAC games, and he brings passion most nights.

I wouldn’t give up a ton for him, but a package of Knox and 1 1st or something wouldn’t be outlandish.

Just seems like a good mix of (1) lower cost, (2) would be what we need (shooting/scoring), and (3) still has upside.

Something tells me, if you put Buddy under the lights of MsG... man... imagine IQ and Buddy and RJ and Randle and MRob !!!
Look at Utah adding Bogdonavich, he seems to have opened up the whole floor for all the other Jazz players where they’re shooting lights out from deep. Hield may do the same for the Knicks, he’s a career 40% 3 pt shooter, I’d trade a first Knox, Nits or Rivers for Hield.

mafra

Legend
Buddy Hield (right ankle sprain) is questionable to play on Thursday against the Trail Blazers.

Hield played a full 42 minutes on Wednesday through the injury and had one of the best games of his season, scoring 29 points with seven made 3-pointers, six rebounds, six assists, and no turnovers. There's a chance Sacramento takes things easy and rests Hield for the final game before the All-Star break, but it's clear he's OK enough to perform at a high level.

I?m on the Buddy train. Knox and a first!

Kiyaman

Legend
Watching the Heats vs Pelicans game .. Kenny Smith said it several times tonight, "There's no PG in the new NBA!" .... The Pelicans had Bledsoe Lonzo and Hart in the same line-up, while Ingram waist clock dribbling lol. The Heat had Dragic Nunn and Butler in the same lineup looking for Herro .. Pelicans Loss again !!!