7) Indiana Pacers
8) Washington Wizards
9) Utah Jazz
10) Dallas Mavericks
11) Orlando Magic (via Chicago)
12) Oklahoma City Thunder
13) Toronto Raptors
14) New Orleans Pelicans

I wanted the Portland Trail Blazers vets (Dame/Grant/Nurkic) to get the first pick .. And someone wanted the star first pick to get the NBA best rookie trainer.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Philly 76er's Fired Doc Rivers .. I guess for losing Game 7 by a 24 pt blowout in the 2nd round playoffs.
The Knicks now have 2 choices .. One hire Doc Rivers as assistant coach to Thibs, or two Fire Thibs no strategic offense asap !!!

mafra

Legend
MIA now 6-1 vs at &MIL & BOS in the playoffs. They were 4-2 vs Knicks. For all those clamoring for major changes, maybe the roster just needs seasoning… experience…. Bucks and Celtics have been in these wars last few years, and it doesn’t matter. Knicks battled and nearly forced a Game 7. And that was with Randle and Brunson hobbled, Julius half his regular season self, RJ inconsistent, IQ hurt, MRob, OBI, QG overwhelmed at times. Maybe a few moves and another year is better than major change for change sake. Not saying you don’t pull the trigger on the right moves…. But don’t make moves just to shake it up. Obviously, loss was more about Heat than indictment on NYK.

Kiyaman

Legend
MIA now 6-1 vs at &MIL & BOS in the playoffs. They were 4-2 vs Knicks. For all those clamoring for major changes, maybe the roster just needs seasoning… experience…. Bucks and Celtics have been in these wars last few years, and it doesn’t matter. Knicks battled and nearly forced a Game 7. And that was with Randle and Brunson hobbled, Julius half his regular season self, RJ inconsistent, IQ hurt, MRob, OBI, QG overwhelmed at times. Maybe a few moves and another year is better than major change for change sake. Not saying you don’t pull the trigger on the right moves…. But don’t make moves just to shake it up. Obviously, loss was more about Heat than indictment on NYK.

Yep, keeping this Knicks season roster says a better team next season.
Thibs got to go !!!

WOW !!! The East 8th seed Miami Heats Pat Riley and coach Spo, plus star players Bucket's, Bam, Lowry, and the hidden unselfish star role-players (Strus, Martin, Vincent, Robinson, Love, and Zeller) depth department are 10-3 in the postseason games vs 3 of the NBA top winning teams.
Miami Heats lead ECF series 2-0 over Celtics !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Denver Nuggets WON the NBA FINALS Championship in 5 Games .. 4-1 vs the Miami Heats ....
Did anyone predict Nuggets in 5 ???

Tomorrow, I'm expecting the Firing of Tom Thibs.
And before the week end the Knicks will announce the hiring of the Knicks new Head Coach/and top assistant head coach for next season.
The Knicks ended the season as a 2nd round playoff team.
Will the Knicks grow in the offseason to have much better season next season?
Or Will the Knicks keep repeating the Good-season, then terribly bad season cycle ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Does adding Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns alongside Durant & Booker make the Suns a championship team ???
I don't think so ....
Three shoot-first high scoring players whom poor defense talent and unselfish ball play sucks.
Another Durant, Harden, Kyrie lineup to outscore opponents.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jordan sold his share of the Hornets for a 3bil valuation, not sure how much he was holding but he was the majority owner.
He sucked as an owner but made a ton of money.
For all his competitive instincts and reputation he sucked with Wizards when he was in front office. There were many issues, one being his pick for Kwame Brown.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the Knicks FO have the night-off on NBA Draft night ???
The Knicks FO did a repeat of last year NBA Draft night.
Will we try to make another desperate trade for a star player we don't need ???

Wizards traded Beal & KP, and on draft night they trade Chris Paul to GS for Poole.
And traded their 7th pick 6.8 PF Walker to Pacers for their 8th pick 6.8 SF Coulibaly.
The outlook .. Our 2022-23 Knicks would have a 4-0 vs Wizards in 2023-24 regular season.

The GS Warriors getting (Player/Head Coach) Chris Paul to help Steve Kerr get to the next level in the 2023-24 season.
GS should've kept Wiseman till the end of the season to backup Looney in the post season games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Are the Knicks FO gonna trade Obi Toppin in the offseason ???
Obi Toppin's speed, athleticism, and above the rim hops have the crowd standing up out of their seats.
Plus could Randle defend a moving Toppin on the perimeter or down low? NO!
Randle performance is not exciting to watch, especially in the 4th quarter.

Kiyaman

Legend

Memphis Grizzlies acquiring Marcus Smart in 3-team deal involving Kristaps Porzingis, Tyus Jones, sources say ....​

The Boston Celtics, Washington Wizards and Memphis Grizzlies agreed to a three-team trade late Wednesday night that sends center Kristaps Porzingis to the Celtics, guard Marcus Smart to the Grizzlies and guard Tyus Jones to the Wizards, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

As part of the deal, Memphis is sending Boston its first-round pick in Thursday's draft -- the 25th overall selection -- and the Golden State Warriors' top-four-protected first-round pick in 2024, sources said, while the Celtics are sending the 35th pick in Thursday's draft to Washington. The Celtics are also sending forward Danilo Gallinari and center Mike Muscala to Washington as part of the deal.

Wow! I never thought the Boston Celtics would part ways with player/coach Marcus Smart.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Orlando Magic organization (coach Mosley & PG Fultz) will need lots of help next season from becoming a 25 win season team.
So many NBA teams need a player like Bol-Bol coming off their bench.

The Detroit Pistons FO are still building their winner one offseason and one player at a time.

The Chicago Bulls will be without Ball for another season ....

The Washington Wizards new backcourt of Tyus Jones & Jordan Poole may be legit.

The Brooklyn Nets organization went from a contender to a pretender throughout the 2022-23 season.

The 2022-23 Toronto Raptors were a dangerous winning team if the coach would've added 2 more players to the game rotation. The Raptors 7 or sometime 8 player game rotation throughout the 82 game regular season kept running out of gas throughout the season.

The Boston Celtics FO traded their nine year head coach PG Marcus Smart court leadership to a growing young Memphis Grizz team, plus did a sign & trade of the teams scoring strong-forward Grant Williams to the Mavs on a 4 yr. $54M contract.

The Philly 76ers are looking for coach Nurse to out shine coach Doc Rivers ....

Kiyaman

Legend
Have anyone notice the Portland Blazers .. Having a Super-Star Guard Damian Lillard, and drafting a future super-star guard Scoot Henderson, and having a promising star role-player guard Anfernee Simons, plus having an outstanding point-guard on the Blazers SL team named Devoe that's NBA ready for a backup position.
The Blazers B+ guards should give the team a dynamic guard rotation next season.
The Blazers should sign a young transition BIG-Man (Bol-Bol) for their dynamic guard rotation next season to upset a lot of West coast teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
The NBA Bans (GOAT) Ja Morant 25 games for 'reckless' conduct.
Starts at the beginning of the 2023-24 NBA season.

I still believe a healthy 25 minute Center Steve Adams would've put the Memphis Grizz (GOAT) Ja Morant in the WCF to go all 7 games vs Denver Nuggets.
It would've been 100 (X) better watch than the Denver Nuggets vs Ole man Lebron Lakers in the WCF.

The 2022-23 season were the (GOAT) Ja Morant's 4th season in the NBA, receiving $35M from NBA, and a $100M from endorsement in 4 years. Plus a nice 6 month vacation from May to December. to work out past and future problems with friends and family.

I haven't seen any of the vids of Morant and a gun, maybe because it don't interest me, I moved to VA (Guns & Weed are legal), plus all my neighbors in VA have guns.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's August 23rd and super-star players Embiid, Harden, and Dame Lillard has not been traded, and the media trade talk looks to have ended of stripping teams for the above mention super-stars in a trade.

The Knicks rotation need a 6.7 scrappy SF-OG Anunoby's $18M per contract.
The Raptors rotation need a 6.6 spot shooter SG-Evan Fournier's $18M per contract.

Kiyaman

Legend
Training Camp opens this week .. How are the Knicks set for the season?
Do we need to sign FA PF Griffin as Randle backup?
Or will C/PF Jericho Sims become Randle backup at PF?
Do we have a trade for Fournier before the start of the season?
Will the Knicks have 10 guards on their roster when the 2123-24 season start?

Kiyaman

Legend

Ranking NBA Teams In The Eastern Conference By Tiers​

Story by Fran Leiva

Lottery Teams​

Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, Charlotte Hornets

Play-In Competitors​

Indiana Pacers, Orlando Magic, Chicago Bulls

First-Round Exits​

Toronto Raptors, Atlanta Hawks, Brooklyn Nets

Playoff Contenders​

New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Philadelphia 76ers

NBA Finals Threats​

Miami Heat, Boston Celtics

Championship Favorite​

Milwaukee Bucks

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! I woke up late to watch the first NBA Preseason game .. Mavs vs Wolves
When I cut on the game it was 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter and the score was 41-21 Wolves in favor.
I thought Luka and Kyrie must not be playing, and then they showed a couple of 1st quarter high lights of Luka & Kyrie on the court.
The Wolves star Anthony Edwards was DNP

What did owner Cuban do to deplete his Dallas Mavs team ???
The Wolves defense, rebounding, and ball movement was to much for the Mavs.
I had to stop watching at half-time .. Wolves 66 Mavs 49

After the Wolves 111 -99 win, I looked at the stats and player minutes of both teams ..
The Wolves coach Chris Finch played a 15 Man rotation, where 15 players got double-digit minutes of playing time.
The Mavs coach Jason Kidd played a 13 Man rotation.

How many players will Thibs give double digit minutes to in the preseason game ???