Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Dennis Smith Jr. scored a career-high 27 points on 10-of-23 shooting in Tuesday's 97-91 loss to San Antonio.
He was getting to the rim at will against San Antonio's slow-footed frontcourt and grabbed six rebounds with two assists, a career-high five 3-pointers and six turnovers. After a rocky start to the season, DSJ is looking more comfortable out there and it's showing in the boxscore. His fantasy arrow is pointing straight up with averages of 20.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 2.6 triples over his last five games.

(Rotoworld)

Dennis Smith Jr. scored a career-high 27 points on 10-of-23 shooting in Tuesday's 97-91 loss to San Antonio.
He was getting to the rim at will against San Antonio's slow-footed frontcourt and grabbed six rebounds with two assists, a career-high five 3-pointers and six turnovers. After a rocky start to the season, DSJ is looking more comfortable out there and it's showing in the boxscore. His fantasy arrow is pointing straight up with averages of 20.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 2.6 triples over his last five games.

(Rotoworld)

6 turnovers to 2 assists. 23 shots to score 27 points, even with hitting 5 three-pointers. Another loss for the league worst 2 - 13 Mavericks. Just throwing that out there.

Broadway

All Star

(Rotoworld)

I watched some of this game up until the point he exploded. He needs to continue to improve defensively(he has since start of season) and have more offensive command when directing the offense. The Mavs play way too much buddy-ball back court always looking for the advantage for the mismatch with their quick guards. So there is no consistent direction. If they had a prime Dirk this could work but this is no longer the case. Carlisle needs to run something with more structure and traditional sets. Maybe things will be better for them when Seth Curry comes back.

One thing for sure DSJ can improvise when he looks to finish a play or make something out of nothing but at times it gets them in trouble. He has 7gms in a row of 15pts/+ and a legitimate 3pt shot. He's good still wish we had him over Kntis playing PNR with #kporzee

Kntis is holding it down for us, so I'm happy with what he's shown even if I don't see as much uptick in his game.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
6 turnovers to 2 assists. 23 shots to score 27 points, even with hitting 5 three-pointers. Another loss for the league worst 2 - 13 Mavericks. Just throwing that out there.

The TOs and Assist(he's had half a dozen gms this season dishing it well)...legit argument but record isn't because #kporzee led us to the lottery twice(historic losing season at that) and he had a more ripe Melo over Dirk.

The TOs and Assist(he's had half a dozen gms this season dishing it well)...legit argument but record isn't because #kporzee led us to the lottery twice(historic losing season at that) and he had a more ripe Melo over Dirk.

Not sure I had that many nice things to say about KP either when we were losing the last couple years. I?m the one who said let him walk this offseason if he led us to another pair of 50 loss seasons.

mafra

Legend
I think it won't be that much of a disaster we took Frank over Monk, DSJ, or Mitchell.

Not like when we took Cleanthony Ealy over Jokic.

Broadway

All Star
This Sixers/Lakers game is something else. All this young talent on display, I'm so impressed by what I've watched. Embiid is exceptionally special, his duo partner Simmons continues to amaze. Randle, Clarkson, and Ingram are really nice for the Lakers but the player who I really enjoy watching is Kuzma(who needs to have a larger share on Lakers)...

The sad part in all of this Lonzo was pathetic and got benched for the 4th. He's not good right now at all, one of the worst rookies I've seen who's had a significant role to start a career.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I don't know what else to say about Embiid, it's down right scary how good he is. If he ever gets healthy and off this minutes restriction situation good googalie moogalie

Broadway

All Star
Embid with 44 points and 14 rebounds, along with 7 assists and 7 blocks.

He had these numbers essentially just at the 30min mark of play. He scored 1 basket, 1 block, 1 reb within the last 2min of the game. It was a DOMINANT performance in every facet of the game.

He had these numbers essentially just at the 30min mark of play. He scored 1 basket, 1 block, 1 reb within the last 2min of the game. It was a DOMINANT performance in every facet of the game.

Embiid has League MVP written all over him, but what?s the most games he will ever play in a single season? I wonder if he will ever even be able to play 50.

Broadway

All Star
Embiid has League MVP written all over him, but what’s the most games he will ever play in a single season? I wonder if he will ever even be able to play 50.

It's really about 1 thing with him...HEALTH if all things remain equal here, the league has no answer for Embiid. Once again this underscores why we need 1 more potential unique talent on the Knicks because Simmons is closing the gap right along side Embiid for historic greatness. Embiid hasn't even played 45 NBA games a great portion of those on minutes restriction, yet he's this good already?

I mean come on man, this is almost unfair

mafra

Legend
Laker reporter talking about the master plan, and how LAK needs to clear Deng's contract to make a run at George and Lebron....

Says they'll probably package either Ingrahm or Randall....

If I were NY.... I would shoot for Brandon Ingram (if I could absorb the Deng contract).

Might hurt us tho come 2019
Free Agency.....

But a high pick this year plus BI? Pretty nice.

Kiyaman

Legend
Embiid has League MVP written all over him, but what’s the most games he will ever play in a single season? I wonder if he will ever even be able to play 50.

Wow! Philly got a young Kareem in Embiid plus a young Magic Johnson in Simmons ..
If Philly win 50+ games this season it would be hard to judge which of the 76ers two young star players should get the MVP.

The Boston vs GSW game has turned out to be that Game .. after the first 3 quarters Klay n Iggy shut Kyrie down to just 5 pts, and Brown n Smart shut Curry down to just 4 pts .. Score tied at 68 at the end of 3rd quarter ..
Which of the two star PG will step-up in the 4th qtr???

tiger0330

Legend
Celts win their 12th straight 95-94 against a good TOR team. Horford is back but Kyrie is out after suffering a facial fracture when his own guy Baynes inadvertently elbows him in the face in their game against CHA.

They beat CHA on Friday w/o KI and Horford and with Smart Brown and Rozier shooting a combined 9-42. It's got to be Stevens producing these wins with that position less bball system of his. It's early but it maybe a special year for the Celts even without Gordon.

Bos wins their 14th straight against the WC Warriors 92-88. This is a special team that holds the #1 team in scoring to 30pts below their avg. of 120. Warriors have been blowing out teams in the 3rd but not the Celts who came from 17 down to tie it to start the 4th. They're a surprisingly great defensive team that plays without a dominant big man inside or shot blocker but play a swarming switching defense. I said it above this may be a special season even w/o Hayward.

BOS shot just 32% 21% from 3 but still managed to win the game. Did it with a massive FT difference, I'm sure Kerr is going to have something to say about that.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
A shame the game was marred (decided) by a phantom foul.... But BOS proves they are legit.... I doubt they would stand a chance against GSW in a best of 7.... but they may have a shot knocking Lebron out this time.

Too bad Embiid couldn't convince his front office to draft Tatum.

Bos wins their 14th straight against the WC Warriors 92-88. This is a special team that holds the #1 team in scoring to 30pts below their avg. of 120. Warriors have been blowing out teams in the 3rd but not the Celts who came from 17 down to tie it to start the 4th. They're a surprisingly great defensive team that plays without a dominant big man inside or shot blocker but play a swarming switching defense. I said it above this may be a special season even w/o Hayward.

BOS shot just 32% 21% from 3 but still managed to win the game. Did it with a massive FT difference, I'm sure Kerr is going to have something to say about that.

This is why Lebron is picking fights with the Knicks. He knows it?s over for him at the top in the East. Kyrie has taken his game to another level and the gap between Boston and the rest of the East is huge, even with losing Hayward for the year. I doubted Kyrie without Lebron and I shouldn?t have.

mafra

Legend
Jamal Murray en fuego esta noche. Scores 31. Had we kept our pick and said NO to Bargnani, Murray would be a NYK.

Suns beat LAK in LA. I want Perry to get us BI somehow!!!

Not a good night for Ball, or Fox or DSJ. Go Kuzma tho.

Westbrook 5-22.... OKC blows big lead to the Spurs.

tiger0330

Legend
Thank the nba gods. They're pulling the plug on that crap summer league PJ had the Knicks playing in the past 2 summers.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic has decided to end their annual summer league.
Magic president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman said Sunday the trend of NBA teams playing in the Las Vegas Summer League led to the decision end Orlando Pro Summer League. Orlando's Summer League, which showcased rookies and young players, began in 2002.
Las Vegas will host all 30 teams for the summer league beginning in the summer of 2018. The Orlando Pro Summer League began as a 10-team tournament but there were just eight participating teams this past summer.
The summer league in Orlando, which is played in the Magic's practice gym, was the only one of three leagues that did not allow fans to come in to watch.