Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425394969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Cavs are downright awful. I said I liked the deal for the Celtics better overall in terms of team construction. Cavs have lost to the Magic, Nets, Pelicans, Knicks in less than 2 weeks. Lebron is out of shape and old and here's where you see time catching up to him because he can't start out the gate fast anymore. Takes time to get the old car revved up. It's why he's been begging publicly for a shorter schedule. Funny thing is he was constantly showing videos on social media of him working out like a mad man during the summer yet here we are!
    I think CLE went 12-15 after the all-star break last season. LJ is battling Father Time. That's evident. But CLE has a bunch of new guys trying to blend in.... they don't have IT yet.... Lebron doesn't care about regular season anymore (no need for top seed); he only cares about getting team ready for playoffs (and making sure his body is fresh come April).

I wouldn't read too much into fact the Cavs have started slowly.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I think CLE went 12-15 after the all-star break last season. LJ is battling Father Time. That's evident. But CLE has a bunch of new guys trying to blend in.... they don't have IT yet.... Lebron doesn't care about regular season anymore (no need for top seed); he only cares about getting team ready for playoffs (and making sure his body is fresh come April).

I agree, I wouldn't make any predictions about the Cavs until IT is back. You expect the Cavs to struggle losing someone like Kyrie. The Warriors have lost 3 games and it's not Nov. yet, last year they didn't lose their 3rd game until Dec. is anyone predicting they won't be in the NBA finals next year. The Knicks have really looked good the last 2 games but they had about a .500 record until that Xmas game in Boston last year and then nose dived. But for a couple of months I think we were hopeful about making the playoffs last year.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I agree, I wouldn't make any predictions about the Cavs until IT is back. You expect the Cavs to struggle losing someone like Kyrie. The Warriors have lost 3 games and it's not Nov. yet, last year they didn't lose their 3rd game until Dec. is anyone predicting they won't be in the NBA finals next year. The Knicks have really looked good the last 2 games but they had about a .500 record until that Xmas game in Boston last year and then nose dived. But for a couple of months I think we were hopeful about making the playoffs last year.
    I dont know u have to raise some questions bout the Cavs they're definitely on a slump they just had 2 consecutive 20 pt loss games, unless they make some major changes to their roster before the deadline the playoffs maybe questionable with Thomas out.
    The Cavs are not that good with the new pieces they added this season ..
    Father Time got Wade .. Derrick rose is trash .. Calderon is a loser .. Kover is garbage .. and Jeff green sucks.
    Maybe I am wrong but it seems like every team that gets Jeff Green gets worse.

Veteran

I would read into it and there are articles from others suggesting others should too. Cleveland is a bad basketball team right now. They already had a "team meeting" and right after...off another loss get handled at home by the Pacers.

They have a Top 5 worse defense in the NBA and unless they somehow they make another trade their roster is what it is...players who really don't play much D(Rose/Wade/Korver/Green)

The great defensive stopper Crowder comes off the bench. I think Cleveland will eventually start winning some games but they won't run the table like the past. They may struggle to be a Top 4 team in the East.

Veteran

Phx is 4-1

Since telling Bledsoe to get the as far the hell away from their team as possible. Not a coincidence!

Veteran

Almost nothing you can do to him, physically

D-Mitchell erupts for 28.... our man Rubio scores 30. So glad we decided not to deal Rose for Rubio. (Sarcasm).

Veteran

D-Mitchell erupts for 28.... our man Rubio scores 30. So glad we decided not to deal Rose for Rubio. (Sarcasm).
    Rubio would've looked a little differently here, our team isn't as cohesively structured as Utah's. He's definitely improved his game and he would be the best pg we've had in yrs. I'm not mad we passed on trading for him. Mitchell is playing like a Top 5 rook right now and based on what I've seen thus far this is how I'd rank them

Simmons
    Markannen
    Tatum
    Mitchell
    Kuzma
    DSJ
    Fox
    Ball
    Brooks
    Leaf
    Bell
    Jackson
    Monk
    Jackson
    Knits
    Isaac
    Fultz
    Last edited by Broadway; Nov 02, 2017 at 10:54.

12th man

Ha Ha Ha Rubio .. no thank u ..let Utah Jazz have him, their west coast b.ball culture is better for Rubio .. The East would eat Rubio up alive

12th man

One of the other guys we passed on Malik Monk. One game but he looked great esp in that 4th qtr.

On Wednesday, Malik “You Are Going To Regret Not Drafting Me” Monk treated the Milwaukee Bucks like they were players for the North Carolina Tarheels. The 19-year rookie broke out of a shooting slump (9-of-32 over his last three games) and scored a career-high 25 points (10-of-17 shooting) in 23 minutes off the bench. 14 of those 24 came during a four-minute stretch of the fourth quarter; 16 of those 24 made up the Hornets first 18 points of the final quarter.

“I can score,” the 19-year old Monk said with a shrug and a laugh after the victory. “I like shooting the ball, but attacking is going to help open everything else for my teammates.”

As for those teammates, Kemba Walker had 26, Dwight Howard continued his impressive journey to redemption with 17 and 11 and fellow rookie (and former Ballislife All-American and my fellow Seminole) Dwayne Bacon had 10, including some clutch buckets during the Malik Monk show.

The victory ruined a career night by the Bucks’ Khris Middleton, who put up 43 points and 7 assists.

12th man

The Knicks beat the Suns tonight 120-107 .. Nice Win!

Westbrook vs Kyrie tonight .. Kyrie dont want no part of what Westbrook got in store for him tonite lol
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Nov 03, 2017 at 22:46.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Mitchell is playing like a Top 5 rook right now and based on what I've seen thus far this is how I'd rank them

Simmons
    Markannen
    Tatum
    Mitchell
    Kuzma
    DSJ
    Fox
    Ball
    Brooks
    Leaf
    Bell
    Jackson
    Monk
    Jackson
    Knits
    Isaac
    Fultz
    That's a long dynamic draft class .. cant wait till they become FA

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    The Knicks beat the Suns tonight 120-107 .. Nice Win!

Westbrook vs Kyrie tonight .. Kyrie dont want no part of what Westbrook got in store for him tonite lol
    Half-Time .. OKC 40 .. Boston 27
    Kyrie shooting 1-9 for 3 pts .... No match for Westbrook lol

12th man

Looks like Hack a Drum is not going to work this year. Andre Drummond made 14-16 FTs in a DET win over the Bucks. Drum has been shooting his freebies well all year so he deserves respect for learning how to make them. Most guys never learn like DJ and DH and it hurts their teams.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Half-Time .. OKC 40 .. Boston 27
    Kyrie shooting 1-9 for 3 pts .... No match for Westbrook lol
    Melo was awful in all of his ISONESS tonight, and a huge reason OKC lost next to their awful second half defense