Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
We need a PG .... pick one of the listed PG for Phil to go after in offseason ..
Here are the Top-12 PG in the NBA that been bringing-it every night for a WIN throughout the month of January/February/March .. They are 4th quarter KILLERS!

East
1-Lebron
2-Lowry
3-Teague
4-Dragic
5-Isaiah Thomas
6- Walker/Lin

West
1-CP3
2-Westbrook
3-Curry/Livingston
4-Parker
5-Lillard
6-Conley
Well he already said he doesn't need an elite PG and he backed it up by getting his Ron Harper look alike Tony Wroten so I doubt he goes after anyone on your list. I don't think anyone but Conley is a FA either btw so it would have to be via trade to get most of them. Maybe Rondo but he said he's not interested in playing for NY if they run the triangle and we know how important fit is for him after Dallas.

This off-season will probably be like last off season with no top FA's coming here and having to pay top dollar for second tier talent like Evan Turner who is coming off a min level contract and will be looking for any team that will pay him. It'll be interesting what happens with Melo if that's the level of player that Phil is only able to sign, will he ask to be traded after saying this off-season is very important to improve the Knicks fortunes.

tiger0330

Legend
Spurs beat the Warriors holding them to 79 pts. thats the equivalent of throwing a no hitter against the Warriors. That's going to a hell of a WC final.

Still say the Warriors in the NBA Finals though

tiger0330

Legend
Warriors didn't have Bogut, Iggy or Ezeli so the SA win was a bit tainted.

Great D effort on the Warriors but the Warriors home court advantage is just as good as the Spurs, that's going to be the difference when they meet in the Finals.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Well he already said he doesn't need an elite PG and he backed it up by getting his Ron Harper look alike Tony Wroten so I doubt he goes after anyone on your list. I don't think anyone but Conley is a FA either btw so it would have to be via trade to get most of them. Maybe Rondo but he said he's not interested in playing for NY if they run the triangle and we know how important fit is for him after Dallas.

This off-season will probably be like last off season with no top FA's coming here and having to pay top dollar for second tier talent like Evan Turner who is coming off a min level contract and will be looking for any team that will pay him. It'll be interesting what happens with Melo if that's the level of player that Phil is only able to sign, will he ask to be traded after saying this off-season is very important to improve the Knicks fortunes.

This offseason the huge increase in cap-space plus signing a new head-coach could bring us one of the top-FA, plus make some nice trades (Melo for Blake)

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
This offseason the huge increase in cap-space plus signing a new head-coach could bring us one of the top-FA, plus make some nice trades (Melo for Blake)

sorry but I don't see any top FA wanting to sign here - why would they?? ... can't be $$$, as their own team can pay em more, so it has to be the chase for a ring... as a team we are just about as far away as any team in the league to contest for a ring.. well maybe phila is $hittier then we are... but they have 1st rounder.. we got dick....

Kiyaman

Legend
sorry but I don't see any top FA wanting to sign here - why would they?? ... can't be $$$, as their own team can pay em more, so it has to be the chase for a ring... as a team we are just about as far away as any team in the league to contest for a ring.. well maybe phila is $hittier then we are... but they have 1st rounder.. we got dick....

The signing of the right head-coach (Mark Jackson or Thibs) at end of season, then we make the right trade-move on Draft-night (Melo for ???) then Top FA will call

paris401

Starter
The signing of the right head-coach (Mark Jackson or Thibs) at end of season, then we make the right trade-move on Draft-night (Melo for ???) then Top FA will call

maybe.. maybe.. I just think Me-Lo's value is sinking... we def need a coach.. rambis is in way over his head... I'd take either one of your choices in a heartbeat...

the zen-master had better start to earn his keep... this summer will be his time to shine... or flame-out

tiger0330

Legend
Every team is going to have more cap space so that's not an advantage and I can't remember when a player signed with a club because of the coach.

The Knicks right now don't even have the cap space to pay a max contract so PJ is more likely to sign Evan Turner than Rondo.

This last trading deadline people were saying the reason the Knicks didn't make a trade was because they didn't have any players that any team wanted so how is that going to change in the off-season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night i watch the Spurs vs Hornets game, to get a good look at rookie Kaminski performance in the post on offense n defense.
Kaminski post performance are what we all wish Porzingis had in his b.ball IQ. Kaminsky only had 5 pts but he played a big role.
Kaminsky 4th quarter defense forced so many Spurs players to change their shot selection, and on offense Kaminsky gave great picks n screens for a slashing Lin Walker n Lee to score.

The Spurs owned the Hornets in the first quarter with a 28-7 lead, plus Spurs had a 51-36 lead at halftime.
The Hornets came back n took the lead the first 3 minutes into the 4th quarter to win the game 91-88

Lin Sanity n Walker has turned the Hornets team into above .500 winning team

Kiyaman

Legend
Im a 6.7 Big-man that luv to watch teams that coach their front-court BIGS to win games ...
All the best NBA big-men coaches are unemployed!
The NBA teams shrunk down to small-ball coaching .. look how weak the western conference has been playing b.ball without having the league top 10 front-court big-men teams.

Every Houston Rocket game has looked PHONEEY all season .. Dwight Howard plays above the rim ball, plus box-out well, yet receive one alley-oop dunk every other game .. six Rocket players get more shot attempts than Dwight Howard every game. It was Dwight Howard many alley-oop dunks to outscore Clippers D.Andre Jordan in a series last season to take the Rockets to the WCF.

The Memphis Grizz without their offseason big contract center Gasol looks like a team that will get knocked out of the playoff in the first round.

The Portland Blazers without Aldridge n Rolo to go with Plumlee in the frontcourt rotation also look like they will be knocked out in the first round.

The NBA #1 all-around PG Westbrook vs the NBA #1 all-around PG Chris Paul will show excitement in the playoff, but no one knows how Blake Griffin will come back from his season layoff.

So everyone is guessing Western conference Finals will be the match-up of Warriors vs Spurs ???

Will give the easy Eastern Conference playoff to Finals match-up later on Cavs vs Raptors ......

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night the Toronto Raptors 22 pt lead through first 3 quarters of the game vs the Atlanta Hawks was a Blow-out!
The Raptors made it official last night that they are the only team in the East with the capabilities of beating the Cavs in a series

Kiyaman

Legend
D'Angelo Russell n Nick Young controversal subject ..
The reason why i dont look at Kobe Bryant as a team captain or team leader or lockerroom leader
Kobe did nothing the past 5 years to bring the Lakers players together as a team .. Kobe did do a lot to bring division to the Lakers players the past 5 season

Kiyaman

Legend
The Atlanta Hawks Loss to the East top two teams this week .. Raptors n Cavs
Teague had some great 4th quarter performance in both losses
Its looking like the ECF show .. Raptors vs Cavs

I still dont want to believe Isiaah Thomas were the last 2nd round pick (60th) in 2011 draft class
This week Boston Celtricks West coast road trip put on a great defensive show on 3 playoff teams
1) CP3 Clippers
2) Lillard Blazers
3) Curry Warriors
The Boston Celtricks pull off the April-Fools .. being the first team to beat the championship Warriors in GS

Should the Chicago Bulls get on their knees to plead to coach Thibs into taking his job back LMAO

tiger0330

Legend
Congrats to the Celtics for pulling off the shocker of beating the Warriors at Oracle to end their 54 win streak. Ironic that it was the Celtics whose 85-86 Celts team who were the closest to go undefeated at home with a 40-1 record that ended their streak.

No team has gone undefeated at home in an NBA season, let's see if the Spurs can pull off what may be a record that will never be achieved again.

tiger0330

Legend
The Atlanta Hawks Loss to the East top two teams this week .. Raptors n Cavs
Teague had some great 4th quarter performance in both losses
Its looking like the ECF show .. Raptors vs Cavs

I still dont want to believe Isiaah Thomas were the last 2nd round pick (60th) in 2011 draft class
This week Boston Celtricks West coast road trip put on a great defensive show on 3 playoff teams
1) CP3 Clippers
2) Lillard Blazers
3) Curry Warriors
The Boston Celtricks pull off the April-Fools .. being the first team to beat the championship Warriors in GS

Should the Chicago Bulls get on their knees to plead to coach Thibs into taking his job back LMAO
Great win at GS but the Clips and Blazers beat the Celts scoring over 110 pts in both games, how is that a great D?

Congrats to the Celtics for pulling off the shocker of beating the Warriors at Oracle to end their 54 win streak. Ironic that it was the Celtics whose 85-86 Celts team who were the closest to go undefeated at home with a 40-1 record that ended their streak.

No team has gone undefeated at home in an NBA season, let's see if the Spurs can pull off what may be a record that will never be achieved again.

The Celtics have done so many things right in their very quick re-build. Hoarded 1st round picks. Made a smart trade to get a now All-Star PG. They're part of that ridiculously close block of 4 teams that are basically dead even for ranks 3 through 6 in the East.

Now, the interesting part will be if they can attract a top tier free agent or swing a trade for a top player with all those 1st round picks. My guess is that it is probably still very unlikely just due to the nature of the NBA at this point.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great win at GS but the Clips and Blazers beat the Celts scoring over 110 pts in both games, how is that a great D?

The Celtricks inside-outside n transition defense has been matching-up with the same type of defense coach Doc Rivers n coach Thibs use to win a championship in Boston. Doc Rivers outsmart the Celtricks by running a fast 11 man transition rotation to out score the Celtricks in every quarter by never giving the Celtricks time to set up on defense.
The Clippers got 65 pts from their bench-players.

The Blazers could never stretch their lead on the Celtricks in all 4 quarters, the game was close throughout all 4 quarters until one minute remain in the game with Blazers holding a 2 pt lead.

The Celtricks did not fall for the Warriors sucker move like all the Warriors opponents do by shooting as many 3-ball shots as the Warriors .. The Warriors shot 43 threes to Celtricks 23 threes .. The Celtricks tight transition defense kept causing the Warriors SSOL transition to cause turnover after turnover. The Warriors kept hosting up 3 ball shots to try to gain the lead while the Celtricks stuck to their 2 pt shooting game to force Warriors to double team n foul Isiaah Turner n Smart while Sullinger owned the offensive glass for put backs.
The Celtricks WON by playing the old way of NBA B.Ball by having design picks n screens to score inside to get 30 FT shots.