Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Kyle Kuzma started Wednesday's game and immediately caught fire, scoring a career-high 38 points on 12-of-17 FGs and 7-of-10 FTs, with seven 3-pointers, seven rebounds, four assists and one block.

Lakers best HOU despite Harden?s 51...

Broadway

All Star
So imagine losing a game like this...

After all the KD/Lebron call/no call hoopla, look at the no call here with Tyson's pushoff. Every team will have their day with the zebras

tiger0330

Legend

After all the KD/Lebron call/no call hoopla, look at the no call here with Tyson's pushoff. Every team will have their day with the zebras
Luke Walton was bitching about the refs in their loss to the Blazers esp a no call on Kuzma that would have given him 3 fts. Lakers were up by 1 with less than a minute to play and lost by 3. Replay showed Collins clearly made contact with Kuzma and I'm not sure he even blocked the shot. 2 minute report the next day called it a foul. Lakers lost the game by 3 so Walton had a right to bitch. JVG rails about replay and I agree, all this technology and that replay center should be used to get these calls right. How about trying out a 2 minute challenge system like in football.

Broadway

All Star
Luke Walton was bitching about the refs in their loss to the Blazers esp a no call on Kuzma that would have given him 3 fts. Lakers were up by 1 with less than a minute to play and lost by 3. Replay showed Collins clearly made contact with Kuzma and I'm not sure he even blocked the shot. 2 minute report the next day called it a foul. Lakers lost the game by 3 so Walton had a right to bitch. JVG rails about replay and I agree, all this technology and that replay center should be used to get these calls right. How about trying out a 2 minute challenge system like in football.

I want the calls to be right but the game is becoming nearly unwatchable with the time taking to review calls and all the crying and whining from players/coaches. At the end of the day every team is going to benefit and suffer from imperfection of refs.

The best thing to do is to place refs on incentive based compensation on how well they do their job. Withhold funds/bonuses etc etc when they don't perform to a high standard and also call the refs out in reports who blow calls. I would actually like them to be stat checked just like players. Keep a boxscore of refs so we can clearly see who sucks and who doesn't.

So we have Lakers/Grizzlies/Cavs all in consecutive nights goes to show they still aren't being held accountable enough

Read a story online about this play and how you cannot get called for goaltending on an inbounds pass. Never heard that before.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Read a story online about this play and how you cannot get called for goaltending on an inbounds pass. Never heard that before.
Yeah it's odd. Jalen Rose said he didn't know about that rule, and also said that rule is gonna change by sometime this off-season, which I think it probably will.

mafra

Legend
Yeah it's odd. Jalen Rose said he didn't know about that rule, and also said that rule is gonna change by sometime this off-season, which I think it probably will.

This will be an addendum to the Trent Tucker rule?

OKC is starting to get it rolling... 12-4 (or something) last 16 games, with wins against HOUR and TOR.

tiger0330

Legend
Why is everyone making out like Triano is a genius, if someone threw a lob pass in the game and the ball was in the cylinder nobody would think to call goaltending if a player tipped it in why is it any different if it's an inbounds pass, what the league needs to fix is that no call on TC pushing off to clear space so he could make the bucket.

Broadway

All Star
Why is everyone making out like Triano is a genius, if someone threw a lob pass in the game and the ball was in the cylinder nobody would think to call goaltending if a player tipped it in why is it any different if it's an inbounds pass, what the league needs to fix is that no call on TC pushing off to clear space so he could make the bucket.

Here's another crazy ending to a game, Celtics had no reason to have a chance

lol @ Marcus Smart WWE slamming himself onto the floor. lol @ Harden allowing himself to be baited twice especially the second time when the ref all but gave him a clue he was looking to call another by trying to separate them. So this is how teams are winning games these days?

tiger0330

Legend
Here's another crazy ending to a game, Celtics had no reason to have a chance

lol @ Marcus Smart WWE slamming himself onto the floor. lol @ Harden allowing himself to be baited twice especially the second time when the ref all but gave him a clue he was looking to call another by trying to separate them. So this is how teams are winning games these days?
Smart is a flopper. i posted a play of him a few years ago of WWE type acting job that got him a foul call, he deserved that one though, if they gave out awards for the best flops in the NBA he would have won. Rox need CP3 back badly along with Capela and M'bah-Moute.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
lol @Paul George's tweet

Another victim for the zebras tonight. This is very sadly entertaining because they are worse than even I imagine they are. Keep in mind the refs could-should/'ve reviewed the play but chose not to. You know the whole "check all questionable plays inside of 2min and go to the monitor to get calls right"...but naaaaaaaaahhhhh let's not use this provision.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
lol @Paul George's tweet

Another victim for the zebras tonight. This is very sadly entertaining because they are worse than even I imagine they are. Keep in mind the refs could-should/'ve reviewed the play but chose not to. You know the whole "check all questionable plays inside of 2min and go to the monitor to get calls right"...but naaaaaaaaahhhhh let's not use this provision.
This is my favorite NBA season, but this is terrible lol.

mafra

Legend
What?s the official looking at? He walks and steps out of bounds, right in front of the ref.... another reason why replay is a joke.... this can?t be reviewed? Why not?

Kiyaman

Legend
Smart is a flopper. i posted a play of him a few years ago of WWE type acting job that got him a foul call, he deserved that one though, if they gave out awards for the best flops in the NBA he would have won. Rox need CP3 back badly along with Capela and M'bah-Moute.

I wanted Smart's high B.ball IQ in a trade ..
Smart's combo-guard performance is great on both sides of the court at both guard position .. Smart locking down Harden throughout the 4th quarter won the game for the Celtricks

tiger0330

Legend
I guess Pat-Pat was calling out the refs on that out of bounds play with Ante but this clinches it for me when a guy spends 10K (his fine) to criticize the refs. Mr. Silver please do something about this, you have the tools now.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Broadway

All Star
I guess Pat-Pat was calling out the refs on that out of bounds play with Ante but this clinches it for me when a guy spends 10K (his fine) to criticize the refs. Mr. Silver please do something about this, you have the tools now.

And it continues...LMAO, I guess the refs/league felt bad for Harden and had to stoop to gutter levels to make it up to him

Looks like Jahlil Okafor just started to get some minutes off the bench for the Nets in the last 5 games. He already has a game where he scored 17 points in 12 minutes and 12 points in 13 minutes. Instant offense off the bench in much the same vein as Beasley.