Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526274151 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1002
  1. #301
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,674
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Didn't take long for Kanter to respond:

    Enes Kanter ✔ @Enes_Kanter
    Nope!!
    We love what we got...
    Thanks!!!https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...76536205795328
    9:32 PM - Nov 11, 2017

  2. #302
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,674
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Of course.... LJ has groomed DSJ since HS....

    Smith performed particularly well Saturday night while trying to help the Mavs make a comeback against the Cavs. He finished the game with 21 points on 8-of-16 shooting, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks.

    "He's an unbelievable talent [with] athleticism," said James, who had a spectacular chase-down block in the fourth quarter against Smith, who responded with a breakaway slam dunk the next possession. "He's very poised to be his age, can shoot the ball, penetrate. He's only going to get better and better with the opportunity that he's getting here. Dallas got a good one. I've been knowing that. I've been with him for so long now. I've been knowing his talent level."

  3. #303
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,835
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Ntilikina’s defense and passing has legitimately affected the outcome in some of our games on our way to a 7 - 5 early record. Mavs are 2 - 11. C’mon.

  4. #304
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,748
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    J.R. Smith's four 3-pointers gave him 1,797 for his career, tying him for 13th place all-time with Nowitzki, who had two 3s of his own in the game.

    This stat surprised me, didn't think JR was close to Dirk in 3s made and I thought Dirk would be at least top 10 and maybe top 5 with as long as he's been playing and his rep as a shooter.

  5. #305
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,748
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    With 20/20 hindsight you guys would seriously not take DSJ over Frank. Sorry I'm with Lebron, I'd draft DSJ. Not saying Frank is a bust but DSJ will be better 3-5 years from now.

  6. #306
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,835
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    With 20/20 hindsight you guys would seriously not take DSJ over Frank. Sorry I'm with Lebron, I'd draft DSJ. Not saying Frank is a bust but DSJ will be better 3-5 years from now.
    Yeah, people on these forums have made clear their love for DSJ and people like me think people are too caught up with his scoring and athleticism and are missing the gaping holes in his defensive game and his huge turnover numbers so far. Maybe we should table this discussion for 3 to 5 years.

    Mavs are 2 - 11. We’re 7 - 5. Never seen a rookie have so many people, Cuban, Lebron, etc., trying so hard to convince people he is a star. Get your team a few wins, DSJ, before we’re supposed to regret not taking you.

    I genuinely like Ntilikina. He is a lockdown defender and natural passer who will likely be a top 5 guy in the NBA in assists and steals when he gets regular minutes. He is the 2nd youngest player in the NBA. His upside is ridiculous.
    Last edited by htr10; Nov 12, 2017 at 18:22.

  7. #307
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,674
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Ntikkina's passing is a legitimate weapon. It's a result of his court vision, which borders on foresight. Each game he makes a pass that displays this unique skill.

    DSJ is extremely athletic. The kid can score.

    It's almost like.... do you want Stevie Francis or Rajon Rondo?

    The key is.... Will DSJ elevate his defense and become a facilitator? Will Ntikilina become a scorer? They both have the ability to improve on their perceived weaknesses.

    I wanted DSJ.... but I like Frank's style of play and now I also see the potential our front office believes in when they drafted him over DSJ.

    I don't think this is a case of us taking Jordan Hill instead of DeRozan.

  8. #308
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,674
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Knicks rookie Frank Ntilikina is involved in his first NBA controversy and while his teammates vehemently defended him, Ntilikina is taking the high road.

    The Knicks rookie point guard never mentioned LeBron James by name on Sunday after hearing James had ripped him indirectly the night before.

    "I think in life people can think whatever they want," Ntilikina said one day ahead of LeBron and the Cavs visiting Madison Square Garden for their second meeting this season. "However, it's not gonna affect us and me so whatever is said, whatever people think, me and the team are just focused on what we're doing every day to improve and just to make us better."

    After the Cavs beat the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday, James ripped Ntilikina indirectly by praising Mavs point guard Dennis Smith Jr., who went for 21 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds in the loss. Smith Jr. went to the Mavs with the No. 9 pick in this year's NBA Draft, one pick ahead of Ntilikina at No. 8.

    "The Knicks passed on a really good one and Dallas got the diamond in the rough," James said. "He should be a Knick, and it's going to make some headlines, but he should be a Knick."

    Enes Kanter rushed to Ntilikina's defense on Twitter Saturday, and then doubled down after practice.

    "I don't care who, I just cannot let anyone disrespect my family like that because when I play for an organization, I see my teammates and that organization as like a family," Kanter said. "And I doesn't matter if it's LeBron or whoever it is, I cannot just let him disrespect him like that. The coaches, the GMs, the president, this organization knows what they're doing.

    "I mean, come on. That's a rookie. You cannot just say anything like that about him.

    "I don't care, it doesn't matter LeBron or whoever it is," Kanter added. "I don't care who. I cannot let anyone disrespect my family like that."

    Ntilikina had just 5 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists in 16 minutes when the Knicks handled the Cavaliers, 114-95, on Oct. 29. For the season, Ntilikina is averaging 4.4 points, 5.0 assists and 1.9 rebounds per game for the Knicks (7-5).

    Smith Jr. is averaging 14.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Mavericks (2-11).

    More importantly, for this game, Cavs point guard Derrick Rose has 12 assists and 2 steals in 188 minutes this season. Ntilikina has 50 assists and 16 steals in 199 minutes this season, via Tommy Beer of BasketballInsiders.com.

    Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis, averaging 30.4 points and 7.3 rebounds on the season, also defended the "French Prince."

    "I mean I don't know why he made those comments, but all I can say is we love Frank, we're happy with him," Porzingis said of James. "He's doing a great job. He's playing great, and he's doing what he's supposed to. And I would not change Frank for anybody. Simple."

    Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said there "probably [will be] some bit of motivation in there, sure" for Ntilikina, but emphasized that Smith Jr. is also a good player.

    "They're both great young players," he said. "We have Frank and Frank has done a great job for us, his abilities, the way he's grown from Day One and the things that he's worked on, we expect him to be a great player also."

    Even before the draft, many speculated that the Knicks should take Smith Jr. out of N.C. State when the Knicks were courting Ntilikina.

    Asked if he saw himself in a rivalry with Smith Jr., Ntilikina said: "I see rivalry with all the point guards in the league. I see rivalry with all the teams in the league. We're competitors and we try to get all the wins we can get. all I can say is a lot of people think what they want and it must not affect us so we just have to stay focused on what we're doing to improve."

    Asked if he had anything to prove to the rest of the NBA, he added: "I don't have to prove to them, I have to prove to myself. I have to prove to the team. It's all about me and it's all about the team. I don't care what people say."

    Follow @AdamZagoria on Twitter

  9. #309
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,748
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Knicks rookie Frank Ntilikina is involved in his first NBA controversy and while his teammates vehemently defended him, Ntilikina is taking the high road.

    The Knicks rookie point guard never mentioned LeBron James by name on Sunday after hearing James had ripped him indirectly the night before.

    "I think in life people can think whatever they want," Ntilikina said one day ahead of LeBron and the Cavs visiting Madison Square Garden for their second meeting this season. "However, it's not gonna affect us and me so whatever is said, whatever people think, me and the team are just focused on what we're doing every day to improve and just to make us better."

    After the Cavs beat the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday, James ripped Ntilikina indirectly by praising Mavs point guard Dennis Smith Jr., who went for 21 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds in the loss. Smith Jr. went to the Mavs with the No. 9 pick in this year's NBA Draft, one pick ahead of Ntilikina at No. 8.

    "The Knicks passed on a really good one and Dallas got the diamond in the rough," James said. "He should be a Knick, and it's going to make some headlines, but he should be a Knick."

    Enes Kanter rushed to Ntilikina's defense on Twitter Saturday, and then doubled down after practice.

    "I don't care who, I just cannot let anyone disrespect my family like that because when I play for an organization, I see my teammates and that organization as like a family," Kanter said. "And I doesn't matter if it's LeBron or whoever it is, I cannot just let him disrespect him like that. The coaches, the GMs, the president, this organization knows what they're doing.

    "I mean, come on. That's a rookie. You cannot just say anything like that about him.

    "I don't care, it doesn't matter LeBron or whoever it is," Kanter added. "I don't care who. I cannot let anyone disrespect my family like that."

    Ntilikina had just 5 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists in 16 minutes when the Knicks handled the Cavaliers, 114-95, on Oct. 29. For the season, Ntilikina is averaging 4.4 points, 5.0 assists and 1.9 rebounds per game for the Knicks (7-5).

    Smith Jr. is averaging 14.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Mavericks (2-11).

    More importantly, for this game, Cavs point guard Derrick Rose has 12 assists and 2 steals in 188 minutes this season. Ntilikina has 50 assists and 16 steals in 199 minutes this season, via Tommy Beer of BasketballInsiders.com.

    Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis, averaging 30.4 points and 7.3 rebounds on the season, also defended the "French Prince."

    "I mean I don't know why he made those comments, but all I can say is we love Frank, we're happy with him," Porzingis said of James. "He's doing a great job. He's playing great, and he's doing what he's supposed to. And I would not change Frank for anybody. Simple."

    Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said there "probably [will be] some bit of motivation in there, sure" for Ntilikina, but emphasized that Smith Jr. is also a good player.

    "They're both great young players," he said. "We have Frank and Frank has done a great job for us, his abilities, the way he's grown from Day One and the things that he's worked on, we expect him to be a great player also."

    Even before the draft, many speculated that the Knicks should take Smith Jr. out of N.C. State when the Knicks were courting Ntilikina.

    Asked if he saw himself in a rivalry with Smith Jr., Ntilikina said: "I see rivalry with all the point guards in the league. I see rivalry with all the teams in the league. We're competitors and we try to get all the wins we can get. all I can say is a lot of people think what they want and it must not affect us so we just have to stay focused on what we're doing to improve."

    Asked if he had anything to prove to the rest of the NBA, he added: "I don't have to prove to them, I have to prove to myself. I have to prove to the team. It's all about me and it's all about the team. I don't care what people say."

    Follow @AdamZagoria on Twitter
    Wow, Kanter really backing up his teammate. Like the leadership, Kanter is a keeper. I like Franks reaction also, opposite of when Draymon said DSJ "is not dunking on me this ain't SL". Smith's response " Green can't jump with me". Frank taking the high road, shows humility.

  10. #310
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,674
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I think Kanter and McDerm are keepers. Great trade!

  11. #311
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Of course.... LJ has groomed DSJ since HS....

    Smith performed particularly well Saturday night while trying to help the Mavs make a comeback against the Cavs. He finished the game with 21 points on 8-of-16 shooting, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks.

    "He's an unbelievable talent [with] athleticism," said James, who had a spectacular chase-down block in the fourth quarter against Smith, who responded with a breakaway slam dunk the next possession. "He's very poised to be his age, can shoot the ball, penetrate. He's only going to get better and better with the opportunity that he's getting here. Dallas got a good one. I've been knowing that. I've been with him for so long now. I've been knowing his talent level."
    Lebron is a poser, troll, and loves to ride the wave or front run particular movements. I also think it's ironic he said this and we're next to play them. I hope Lebron never becomes a Knick and if not drafting DSJ factors into it, so be it.

    As of now though, yes DSJ is playing like a top 5 talent in this rookie class and is trending upward. He's going to be one of the best if not the best from this class

  12. #312
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I think Kanter and McDerm are keepers. Great trade!
    The trade works(I like both players too) but it also sets our team in stone for the next 3-5yrs if we lock them up. Not much room for improvement. We'll be capped. So if we don't get a high pick we won't be that good but could possibly be the Portland Trailblazers of the East

  13. #313
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,748
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Celts win their 12th straight 95-94 against a good TOR team. Horford is back but Kyrie is out after suffering a facial fracture when his own guy Baynes inadvertently elbows him in the face in their game against CHA.

    They beat CHA on Friday w/o KI and Horford and with Smart Brown and Rozier shooting a combined 9-42. It's got to be Stevens producing these wins with that position less bball system of his. It's early but it maybe a special year for the Celts even without Gordon.

  14. #314
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Celts win their 12th straight 95-94 against a good TOR team. Horford is back but Kyrie is out after suffering a facial fracture when his own guy Baynes inadvertently elbows him in the face in their game against CHA.

    They beat CHA on Friday w/o KI and Horford and with Smart Brown and Rozier shooting a combined 9-42. It's got to be Stevens producing these wins with that position less bball system of his. It's early but it maybe a special year for the Celts even without Gordon.
    If Pop calls you one of the great minds in this business and lauds the person you are, you know you have something in this organization with Coach Stevens. They've done nothing but ascend since hiring him. They do play a very different brand of basketball but at times use their players in traditional sets. What the system isn't dependent on is any one particular scorer going off every night. Everything is high percentage if they make the right reads and don't do too much ISO.

  15. #315
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,674
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Mitchell with 24 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals. This dude is playing better than Foltz and Fox and dSJ.

    Let's hope we find a gem like this next summer if we end up picking in the 10-15 range.

Similar Threads

  1. Should there be LESS games in the NBA season?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 18:36
  2. 23 Nationally televised games.. Plus a few more on NBA TV.
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 19, 2011, 22:30
  3. NBA games on the net?
    By nyk35 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2010, 13:44
  4. NO NBA Games on League pass
    By Scipio in forum Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2009, 19:15
  5. Full games on NBA.com
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2006, 06:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •