Page 23 of 119 FirstFirst ... 317181920212223242526272829435373 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 1783
  1. #331
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,608
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    He had these numbers essentially just at the 30min mark of play. He scored 1 basket, 1 block, 1 reb within the last 2min of the game. It was a DOMINANT performance in every facet of the game.
    Embiid has League MVP written all over him, but what’s the most games he will ever play in a single season? I wonder if he will ever even be able to play 50.

  2. #332
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,456
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Embiid has League MVP written all over him, but what’s the most games he will ever play in a single season? I wonder if he will ever even be able to play 50.
    It's really about 1 thing with him...HEALTH if all things remain equal here, the league has no answer for Embiid. Once again this underscores why we need 1 more potential unique talent on the Knicks because Simmons is closing the gap right along side Embiid for historic greatness. Embiid hasn't even played 45 NBA games a great portion of those on minutes restriction, yet he's this good already?

    I mean come on man, this is almost unfair

  3. #333
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,964
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Greek Freak
    Embid
    Towns
    KP
    Kyrie


    Looks like the next wave of MVP types.... 4/5 are in the EC.

  4. #334
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,964
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Laker reporter talking about the master plan, and how LAK needs to clear Deng's contract to make a run at George and Lebron....

    Says they'll probably package either Ingrahm or Randall....

    If I were NY.... I would shoot for Brandon Ingram (if I could absorb the Deng contract).

    Might hurt us tho come 2019
    Free Agency.....

    But a high pick this year plus BI? Pretty nice.

  5. #335
    Knows the team
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,059
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Embiid has League MVP written all over him, but what’s the most games he will ever play in a single season? I wonder if he will ever even be able to play 50.

    Wow! Philly got a young Kareem in Embiid plus a young Magic Johnson in Simmons ..
    If Philly win 50+ games this season it would be hard to judge which of the 76ers two young star players should get the MVP.

    The Boston vs GSW game has turned out to be that Game .. after the first 3 quarters Klay n Iggy shut Kyrie down to just 5 pts, and Brown n Smart shut Curry down to just 4 pts .. Score tied at 68 at the end of 3rd quarter ..
    Which of the two star PG will step-up in the 4th qtr???

  6. #336
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,300
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Celts win their 12th straight 95-94 against a good TOR team. Horford is back but Kyrie is out after suffering a facial fracture when his own guy Baynes inadvertently elbows him in the face in their game against CHA.

    They beat CHA on Friday w/o KI and Horford and with Smart Brown and Rozier shooting a combined 9-42. It's got to be Stevens producing these wins with that position less bball system of his. It's early but it maybe a special year for the Celts even without Gordon.
    Bos wins their 14th straight against the WC Warriors 92-88. This is a special team that holds the #1 team in scoring to 30pts below their avg. of 120. Warriors have been blowing out teams in the 3rd but not the Celts who came from 17 down to tie it to start the 4th. They're a surprisingly great defensive team that plays without a dominant big man inside or shot blocker but play a swarming switching defense. I said it above this may be a special season even w/o Hayward.

    BOS shot just 32% 21% from 3 but still managed to win the game. Did it with a massive FT difference, I'm sure Kerr is going to have something to say about that.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Nov 16, 2017 at 22:04.

  7. #337
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,964
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    A shame the game was marred (decided) by a phantom foul.... But BOS proves they are legit.... I doubt they would stand a chance against GSW in a best of 7.... but they may have a shot knocking Lebron out this time.

    Too bad Embiid couldn't convince his front office to draft Tatum.

  8. #338
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,608
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Bos wins their 14th straight against the WC Warriors 92-88. This is a special team that holds the #1 team in scoring to 30pts below their avg. of 120. Warriors have been blowing out teams in the 3rd but not the Celts who came from 17 down to tie it to start the 4th. They're a surprisingly great defensive team that plays without a dominant big man inside or shot blocker but play a swarming switching defense. I said it above this may be a special season even w/o Hayward.

    BOS shot just 32% 21% from 3 but still managed to win the game. Did it with a massive FT difference, I'm sure Kerr is going to have something to say about that.
    This is why Lebron is picking fights with the Knicks. He knows it’s over for him at the top in the East. Kyrie has taken his game to another level and the gap between Boston and the rest of the East is huge, even with losing Hayward for the year. I doubted Kyrie without Lebron and I shouldn’t have.

  9. #339
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,964
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Jamal Murray en fuego esta noche. Scores 31. Had we kept our pick and said NO to Bargnani, Murray would be a NYK.

    Suns beat LAK in LA. I want Perry to get us BI somehow!!!

    Not a good night for Ball, or Fox or DSJ. Go Kuzma tho.

    Westbrook 5-22.... OKC blows big lead to the Spurs.

  10. #340
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,300
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Thank the nba gods. They're pulling the plug on that crap summer league PJ had the Knicks playing in the past 2 summers.

    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic has decided to end their annual summer league.
    Magic president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman said Sunday the trend of NBA teams playing in the Las Vegas Summer League led to the decision end Orlando Pro Summer League. Orlando's Summer League, which showcased rookies and young players, began in 2002.
    Las Vegas will host all 30 teams for the summer league beginning in the summer of 2018. The Orlando Pro Summer League began as a 10-team tournament but there were just eight participating teams this past summer.
    The summer league in Orlando, which is played in the Magic's practice gym, was the only one of three leagues that did not allow fans to come in to watch.

  11. #341
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,608
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Thank the nba gods. They're pulling the plug on that crap summer league PJ had the Knicks playing in the past 2 summers.

    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic has decided to end their annual summer league.
    Magic president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman said Sunday the trend of NBA teams playing in the Las Vegas Summer League led to the decision end Orlando Pro Summer League. Orlando's Summer League, which showcased rookies and young players, began in 2002.
    Las Vegas will host all 30 teams for the summer league beginning in the summer of 2018. The Orlando Pro Summer League began as a 10-team tournament but there were just eight participating teams this past summer.
    The summer league in Orlando, which is played in the Magic's practice gym, was the only one of three leagues that did not allow fans to come in to watch.
    Great news. Vegas games are way more fun to watch and better competition. That Orlando Summer League was the opposite of what you wanted to see to get excited about some young players.

  12. #342
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,964
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Dang! Kyrie almost put up a fifty burger on DSJ. Smith was also 4-16 shooting.

  13. #343
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,300
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Heat end Celts 16 game win streak 104-98. Thunder beat the world champ Warriors 108-91, Knicks fans love to blame the Thunders slow start on Iso Melo but truth be told Westbrook has been a bigger problem, finally had a dominant game scoring 34 pts. PG and Melo have to defer to RW if they're going to be successful this season.

  14. #344
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,964
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Looks like Rose taking time off from the team again.

  15. #345
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,608
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Looks like Rose taking time off from the team again.
    Maybe one of the mentally softest athletes of all-time? Just retire, Rose. You were amazing before your 1st major knee injury, but this is basically a farce of a career at this point.

Similar Threads

  1. Should there be LESS games in the NBA season?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 18:36
  2. 23 Nationally televised games.. Plus a few more on NBA TV.
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 19, 2011, 22:30
  3. NBA games on the net?
    By nyk35 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2010, 13:44
  4. NO NBA Games on League pass
    By Scipio in forum Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2009, 19:15
  5. Full games on NBA.com
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2006, 06:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •