Other NBA games and League

Broadway

All Star
LaVine with some revenge... comes up clutch as CHI beats Minny

Yeah but look at the Final score 114-113 Bulls and look what happened in this game and notice the score

They are hell bent on outdoing their incompetency every night, you can't even make believe these scenarios up in your mind it's so bad. Although not how I wanted but we gained ground on the Bulls...or is it the other way around, lol

Broadway

All Star
This also happened the other day when OKC played the Warriors...WORST CALL EVER MADE. I haven't seen anything to top this

The foul was called on Andre Iguodala

tiger0330

Legend

Yeah but look at the Final score 114-113 Bulls and look what happened in this game and notice the score

They are hell bent on outdoing their incompetency every night, you can't even make believe these scenarios up in your mind it's so bad. Although not how I wanted but we gained ground on the Bulls...or is it the other way around, lol
Bulls have missed Dunn, they're 1-7 since he went down with a concussion in Jan. He's about to come back, heard they were trying to trade JGrant with no takers.

Horrible call by the ref that affected the outcome of the game. I'd get rid of all shooting T's like barking at the ref, just issue big fines but no T's that give a team points.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
He should have the edge at this point for ROY. What I can see is the league possibly splitting it between he and Simmons. I personally have him ahead.

Wow! You have Mitchell ahead of Simmons for ROY .. Simmons is the best all-around (3 position) guard that came out the draft the past 4 to 5 years .. Simmons performance makes Philly a .500 playoff team.

Mitchell is the best scoring SG that came out of this draft, the tandem backcourt of Rubio n Mitchell has had a great season so far.

Mavs headcoach Rick Calisle developing program for Dennis Smith Jr. has been doing a great job with DSJ co-existing on offense/defense as a PG and SG in rookie season.

Knicks coach Hornacek poor developing coaching on all our young core players and veteran players has the Knicks performance clueless without a set plan in every 2nd half of the game.
The Knicks Starters .. Kanter KP Lee THJ and Jack are POOR closers plus LOSERS in our road games.

Kiyaman

Legend

Lavine n Markannen outstanding performance look promising for the Bulls future.
I wish I could say the same bout our Tier 3 performance from Tim Hardaway Jr and TIRED KP.

tiger0330

Legend
Great first game by the Cavs with all their new pieces playing, crushing the Celtics 121-99.

JVG and Mark Jackson went gaga over Cedi Osman during the game but he's a marginal NBA talent playing on adrenaline right now, Cavs will be better when KLove comes back and he goes back to the bench.

Broadway

All Star
Great first game by the Cavs with all their new pieces playing, crushing the Celtics 121-99.

JVG and Mark Jackson went gaga over Cedi Osman during the game but he's a marginal NBA talent playing on adrenaline right now, Cavs will be better when KLove comes back and he goes back to the bench.

It was a good performance but Kevin Love isn't coming back for another month or so, good luck resetting the button again. Cavs didn't make those trades to blowout Boston they made them to compete against the Warriors and keep Lebron, nothing has changed they won't beat them. Rockets and OKC have a roster better equipped to do it than them. I think OKC is about to sign Tony Allen too. Cleveland and their fans on a 1 game front run...lol. they play OKC tomorrow which should be a payback since they got the breaks beat off them last time in Cleveland, a winnable game but we'll see what they'll do come March, February is as easy as it gets for them.

When Bledsoe was traded to Bucks they played well then came back to earth, they had to fire Kidd to get another jolt

When Blake was traded to Pistons they won 5 straight then lost 2 straight

IT dropped 22pts off the bench 1st game

Crowder stat stuffed for Utah 1st game

I wont' take much from yesterday at all. If anything how come no one is talking about Utah who has won like 8 straight games and 9 of their last 10 since the return of Gobert?

tiger0330

Legend
It was a good performance but Kevin Love isn't coming back for another month or so, good luck resetting the button again. Cavs didn't make those trades to blowout Boston they made them to compete against the Warriors and keep Lebron, nothing has changed they won't beat them. Rockets and OKC have a roster better equipped to do it than them. I think OKC is about to sign Tony Allen too. Cleveland and their fans on a 1 game front run...lol. they play OKC tomorrow which should be a payback since they got the breaks beat off them last time in Cleveland, a winnable game but we'll see what they'll do come March, February is as easy as it gets for them.

When Bledsoe was traded to Bucks they played well then came back to earth, they had to fire Kidd to get another jolt

When Blake was traded to Pistons they won 5 straight then lost 2 straight

IT dropped 22pts off the bench 1st game

Crowder stat stuffed for Utah 1st game

I wont' take much from yesterday at all. If anything how come no one is talking about Utah who has won like 8 straight games and 9 of their last 10 since the return of Gobert?

I was impressed with the seamless chemistry with all the new players against a top EC team. First game you would expect the Cavs to struggle not get a blowout on the road esp on PP jersey retirement evening. 15 games with IT and the Cavs struggled, 1 game with GH JC RH and Nance Jr. and they get a blowout, a good sign. I didn't say the Cavs would beat the Warriors, HOU has been my pick to do that but Altman acted with decisiveness with questions about the chemistry of the team and traded more players at the deadline than has been done in 30 years. Great job by him.

Broadway

All Star
I was impressed with the seamless chemistry with all the new players against a top EC team. First game you would expect the Cavs to struggle not get a blowout on the road esp on PP jersey retirement evening. 15 games with IT and the Cavs struggled, 1 game with GH JC RH and Nance Jr. and they get a blowout, a good sign. I didn't say the Cavs would beat the Warriors, HOU has been my pick to do that but Altman acted with decisiveness with questions about the chemistry of the team and traded more players at the deadline than has been done in 30 years. Great job by him.

I like the trades for what it'll mean going forward and Altman was able to in a way reverse course but again every trade made during the season has resulted in good game 1 results. I find Crowder's comments telling...

Wait until the first sign of adversity(if they experience it) and we'll see. Keep in mind the previous Cavs team had at one point ran off like 15-16 in a row and went 20 of 23 then hit a snag and the talk then was wait until they get IT back...lol!!!

I can't look at the Cavs on a 1gm performance

tiger0330

Legend
I like the trades for what it'll mean going forward and Altman was able to in a way reverse course but again every trade made during the season has resulted in good game 1 results. I find Crowder's comments telling...

Wait until the first sign of adversity(if they experience it) and we'll see. Keep in mind the previous Cavs team had at one point ran off like 15-16 in a row and went 20 of 23 then hit a snag and the talk then was wait until they get IT back...lol!!!

I can't look at the Cavs on a 1gm performance
I completely agree about not jumping to any conclusions over 1 game but their problem was defense. IT and DRose could not defend the point and Hill and Clarkson give them 2 guys that can. Nance gives them a needed rim protector and shot blocker Frye wasn't and Hood is an athletic shooter. No question in my mind the Cavs got better, good enough to win the NBA Finals probably not, but achieving a better record and not allowing opponents to score 120 a night, I'd say that's a 100% certainty.

Too bad about IT but he looked to have lost a 1/2 step since his Celtic days, maybe he gets that back with more playing time but for the guy to go from the season he had last year to being traded twice in a few months is hard to believe.

tiger0330

Legend
Billy Donovan thinks the Cavs are better after the trades.

Thunder coach Billy Donovan said the changes create a lot of problems.

''I think their ability to space it, drive it, kick it, their skill level, I think - not that it was bad before, but I think the speed, probably the tempo and the pace they are playing at is a little bit faster,'' he said.

Billy Donovan thinks the Cavs are better after the trades.

Thunder coach Billy Donovan said the changes create a lot of problems.

''I think their ability to space it, drive it, kick it, their skill level, I think - not that it was bad before, but I think the speed, probably the tempo and the pace they are playing at is a little bit faster,'' he said.

If the Cavs find a way to beat Boston and make it to the finals again, you think Lebron stays another season in Cleveland?

tiger0330

Legend
ROX have now won 13 in a row and CP3 set a record of winning in his first 14 games with a new team beating Dennis Rodmans record of 13 wins with the Bulls. CP3 has the highest offensive rating in the NBA at 131.7 higher than Hardens rating of 122. I said it they got a chance against the Warriors who they play twice next month, look for those games as an indicator of the best team in the WC.

Houston now 27-1 when the trio of Harden, Paul and Capela are in the lineup together. They also own the tiebreaker for home court advantage by virtue of them winning the season series vs. the Dubs.

In the category of obscure stats that Broadway and I hate, Capela is the first player to average 14 pts and 10 rbs while only playing 27 minutes in the past 54 years.

mafra

Legend
I would never bet on Dantoni, Harden, Paul triumvirate. They win in the playoffs about as often as Bigfoot orders Dominos.

For my money, I would venture to guess Westbrook is best (and only) chance to derail GSW. If K-Leonard can get up to MVP form in the next 2 months, then SA might be a worthy nemiss as well.

I do think HOU is lead dawg to lure Lebron.... more so than LAL. Probably a 3-team race between MIA-CLE-HOU. I also think enough quality moves were made to offer Cavs fans a glimmer of hope The King stays where he is, in the cozy confines of Ohio.

mafra

Legend
E-Payton has a triple double....

Mitchell scores 24... 11 straight wins for Jazz (8 straight Ls for Knicks).

Durant with 44.... Lillard with 44 as POR beats GSW.

mafra

Legend
Elfrid Payton said he felt a little disrespected when the Magic traded him and still thinks he has a "very high ceiling."

"Obviously, my shooting has gotten better this year, but I still feel like I can become a way better shooter," Payton said. "And there are still so many different things that I?m learning about the game and so many areas where I know I can improve. For example, I?m finding little tricks to get to the free-throw line more and get my team in the bonus." The 23-year-old PG has certainly made a strong impression in Phoenix, averaging 20.3 points, 8.7 assists, 8.3 rebounds, 1.0 triples and 4.0 turnovers per game.

(Rotoworld)

Jokic had 30 points, 15 boards, and 17 assists tonight. Dude is a 6?10? center and he?s having games that would be impressive for Westbrook. He did it on only 14 shots from the floor. Geez.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
According to ESPN's Ian Begley, the Knicks "are one of several teams to express interest" in Troy Williams.
The Rockets had to waive the 23-year-old forward to make room for Joe Johnson. Williams is expected to make a decision on where to sign "soon," but no other team is mentioned in the report. Williams was buried on the depth chart in Houston, but did have a really strong summer league and could be interesting on a rebuilding team like the Knicks. He's worth monitoring in very deep leagues.

According to ESPN's Ian Begley, the Knicks "are one of several teams to express interest" in Troy Williams.
The Rockets had to waive the 23-year-old forward to make room for Joe Johnson. Williams is expected to make a decision on where to sign "soon," but no other team is mentioned in the report. Williams was buried on the depth chart in Houston, but did have a really strong summer league and could be interesting on a rebuilding team like the Knicks. He's worth monitoring in very deep leagues.

HoopsHype has one blurb that says it?s a done deal and that Troy Williams has already signed a 10-day contract with us. Seems like a reasonable move if we actually play him.

tiger0330

Legend
The Rockets had to waive the 23-year-old forward to make room for Joe Johnson. Williams is expected to make a decision on where to sign "soon," but no other team is mentioned in the report. Williams was buried on the depth chart in Houston, but did have a really stronAg summer league and could be interesting on a rebuilding team like the Knicks. He's worth monitoring in very deep leagues.
Its official, signed to a 10 day. Perry got younger and more athletic with him, he can jump out of the building having won a GLeague Slam Dunk contest. Good defender, can knock down the 3, I like the signing.