Other NBA games and League

Kiyaman

Legend
The Celtics have done so many things right in their very quick re-build. Hoarded 1st round picks. Made a smart trade to get a now All-Star PG. They're part of that ridiculously close block of 4 teams that are basically dead even for ranks 3 through 6 in the East.

Now, the interesting part will be if they can attract a top tier free agent or swing a trade for a top player with all those 1st round picks. My guess is that it is probably still very unlikely just due to the nature of the NBA at this point.

In the offseason the Boston Celtricks are the number 1 team that will make the most improvements through draft night and Free Agent Market.
The Celtricks will be the team with the lowest cap-space in the post season games, plus the offseason will have a huge increase in teams cap-space that will have a lot of the top FA looking towards joining a Celtricks team that made the playoffs the past two seasons.

In the offseason the Boston Celtricks are the number 1 team that will make the most improvements through draft night and Free Agent Market.
The Celtricks will be the team with the lowest cap-space in the post season games, plus the offseason will have a huge increase in teams cap-space that will have a lot of the top FA looking towards joining a Celtricks team that made the playoffs the past two seasons.

That seems like a reasonable opinion, but I just have a hunch even a team completely teed up like the Celtics is going to struggle to lure a top tier free agent. If the ping pong balls bounce their way, the Celtics could end up making a huge impact on draft night either by getting a very high pick or possibly putting together a package for a blockbuster trade. Still, I think the indication from this last trade deadline was that doing all that stuff is much easier said than done.

tiger0330

Legend
The Celtics have done so many things right in their very quick re-build. Hoarded 1st round picks. Made a smart trade to get a now All-Star PG. They're part of that ridiculously close block of 4 teams that are basically dead even for ranks 3 through 6 in the East.

Now, the interesting part will be if they can attract a top tier free agent or swing a trade for a top player with all those 1st round picks. My guess is that it is probably still very unlikely just due to the nature of the NBA at this point.
Never thought IT was an All-Star PG, thought he was 3rd best PG next to Dragic and Bledsoe on that Suns squad. Still have my doubts because of his size but he's looking like a great trade by Ainge.

The name of the game is assets in the NBA and the Celtics have plenty of those so they should be able to swing plenty of deals. I thought they were in better shape cap wise, they're over the cap at 77M so if they want to attract a KD or another max player it won't be easy.

tiger0330

Legend
Congrats to the Celtics for pulling off the shocker of beating the Warriors at Oracle to end their 54 win streak. Ironic that it was the Celtics whose 85-86 Celts team who were the closest to go undefeated at home with a 40-1 record that ended their streak.

No team has gone undefeated at home in an NBA season, let's see if the Spurs can pull off what may be a record that will never be achieved again.
It would be a shame not to get the record of an unbeaten season at home with only 3 games to go but this is who they play, I think they'll be resting guys and playing bench guys to get them ready for the playoffs which makes it even tougher.

- TOR 4/2
- GS 4/10
- OKC 4/12

tiger0330

Legend
Spurs beat the Raps 102-95, Lowry and DeRozan didn't play but it wasn't an easy win. Kawhi set a personal best scoring with 33.

That game with GS on Apr. 10 should be epic.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
A WATER-DOWN NBA League ....

No team has gone undefeated at home in an NBA season, let's see if the Spurs can pull off what may be a record that will never be achieved again.

Great-Point!
The point I am about to make is how much has the NBA "Water-Down" the league teams, coaches, and players since 1999 when the Spurs won their first championship season.

The San Antonio Spurs coach Pop and Duncan has had some great championship teams within their 18 years in the NBA. A few of the Spurs championship teams were twice or three times as better than their 2015-16 team. The Spurs BIG-3 were younger n quicker a decade ago.

How come the Spurs BIG-3 All-Star team a decade ago never came close to having a undefeated season at Home?
How come a GS Warrior team that resemble a John Stocton, Hornachek n Karl Malone Utah Jazz Team, or resemble the MVP Steve Nash, Matrix, Amare Phoenix Suns Team win a Championship?
Plus how did Lebron James join a 33 win season Cavs team in the offseason to take the Cavs to the FINALS the next season when Lebron had a much better roster of players n coaches before he abandon the Cavs???

tiger0330

Legend
Great-Point!
The point I am about to make is how much has the NBA "Water-Down" the league teams, coaches, and players since 1999 when the Spurs won their first championship season.

The San Antonio Spurs coach Pop and Duncan has had some great championship teams within their 18 years in the NBA. A few of the Spurs championship teams were twice or three times as better than their 2015-16 team. The Spurs BIG-3 were younger n quicker a decade ago.

How come the Spurs BIG-3 All-Star team a decade ago never came close to having a undefeated season at Home?
How come a GS Warrior team that resemble a John Stocton, Hornachek n Karl Malone Utah Jazz Team, or resemble the MVP Steve Nash, Matrix, Amare Phoenix Suns Team win a Championship?
Plus how did Lebron James join a 33 win season Cavs team in the offseason to take the Cavs to the FINALS the next season when Lebron had a much better roster of players n coaches before he abandon the Cavs???
Interesting post. Don't see a reason the league should be watered down, same amount of teams for years and the NBA now has an international talent pool to draw from, players from overseas still want to come to play in the NBA. Interest in the league is at an all time high, witness how many Canadian players there are in the league now, which is an indication that it's not an American game anymore.

What do you think are the reasons you think the product is "watered down", only thing that's really changed is the number of 1st year college players coming out. So you have a kid like Wiggins who might not be as good his first couple of years in the league compared to being drafted after playing 4 years in college.

Kiyaman

Legend
Interesting post. Don't see a reason the league should be watered down, same amount of teams for years and the NBA now has an international talent pool to draw from, players from overseas still want to come to play in the NBA. Interest in the league is at an all time high, witness how many Canadian players there are in the league now, which is an indication that it's not an American game anymore.

What do you think are the reasons you think the product is "watered down", only thing that's really changed is the number of 1st year college players coming out. So you have a kid like Wiggins who might not be as good his first couple of years in the league compared to being drafted after playing 4 years in college.

Are u serious! The NBA teams, coaches and players are extremely "WATER-DOWN"
The NBA started watering-down the league when Jordan drop the baseball bat to return back to NBA.
When Jordan won his 6th championship ring and retired, the NBA stop watering-down the league.

Tiger .. u have to be real young n missed the Larry Bird / Magic Johnson / Isiah Thomas era when hand checking were allowed in the NBA on the perimeter .. and the Bad-Boys won consecutive championship rings.

The 2014-15 championship GS Warriors would have only made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs every season in the 1990's era, especially if they had to face the western conference Utah Jazz Stocton/Horn/and Karl Malone in a series,
or the Phoenix Suns Barkley and KJ in a series,
or the Houston Rockets Olyjuwon/Horry/K.Smith/Sam Cassel in a series.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
And with their upcoming schedule it's hard to believe they'll keep the losing games at 9 before the playoffs start. I won't be surprised if the Spurs steal the #1 seed

tiger0330

Legend
Tonight Minny gave GS Warriors their 2nd LOSS at home in OT
The Warriors are going cold at the wrong time. That's Boston, Lakers and now the TWolves that have beaten them in the last month, I take back what I said about them being unbeatable, losing to the Lakers and MN is a bad omen.

I think the Spurs might pull it off, said it was going to be a great WC finals and I can't wait until they meet.

tiger0330

Legend
And with their upcoming schedule it's hard to believe they'll keep the losing games at 9 before the playoffs start. I won't be surprised if the Spurs steal the #1 seed
It's going to be to tough for the Warriors to lose that top seed. Warriors are 3 games up in the loss column with 4 games left for them and 5 for the Spurs, they play twice in a home and home. You couldn't ask for a more thrilling way to end the season with the top 2 seeds in the WC meeting twice in their final 5 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Spurs loss to the GS Warriors 112-101 .... the game wasnt exciting or fun to watch because Spurs kept missing so many easy shots they always make throughout this game.
It remind me of the strategic coach Pop Spurs when Duncan/Gino/Parker were younger the the BIG-3 would always lose the first game in the first round of the playoffs.

The Knicks messed up their rotation by letting Melo play 38 minute vs the Hornets .. Will Melo play vs Philly tonight? WHY?

Kiyaman

Legend
Do anyone remember this guy ...

Lin has 25 points to send Hornets to 114-100 rout over Celts
Jeremy Lin scored 19 of his 25 points in Charlotte's big second quarter, carrying the Hornets to a 114-100 win over the Boston Celtics on Monday night.

The Spurs are on a 3 game losing streak .. that is the first time this season .. then again its the final 5 games b4 postseason.

A healthy double-double Blake Griffin return to the Clippers lineup for the final 3 games of regular season

Knicks news ... On Monday, multiple reports indicated that team president Phil Jackson would take a long, hard look at David Blatt.
We all remember Lebron carring some bad Cavs teams to 50 win seasons.
Blatt's receive nada coaching credit for Cavs success last season from me.

Kiyaman

Legend
Curry is going off having 20 pts in the first quarter of the Memphis game hitting 6-9 3s

Curry want tha 73rd WIN!!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Curry is going off having 20 pts in the first quarter of the Memphis game hitting 6-9 3s ki

Curry want tha 73rd WIN!!!!!
He was big in that Spurs win in the Spurs building. 16 pts in the 3rd qtr and his best shot in the game was one that didn't count, heaved up a 3 pointer with one hand as the buzzer went off to end the 3rd from 70 ft away. He makes shots like that too often to be called luck, greatest shooter I have ever seen.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Two big games last night, the Warriors making history and Kobe dropping 60 at home on his farewell game

tiger0330

Legend
Congrats to the Warriors and Steve Kerr, not sure what he would have done as coach of the Knicks but he had to be better than DFish. I predicted he would never take the Knicks job over the GSW job and now you see why. Two great seasons by that Warriors squad compared to a horrible Knicks team .

Also congrats to Steph Curry for shattering his own made 3s record of 286 that he set last season with 402 3 pointers. Beat his old mark by over 100, that's phenomenal.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how it would have turned if Kobe's last game wasn't against the Jazz but against Curry's Warriors trying to beat the Bulls' record

Steezo

Benchwarmer
I wonder how it would have turned if Kobe's last game wasn't against the Jazz but against Curry's Warriors trying to beat the Bulls' record

Yeah, can only imagine... Regardles, Bryant's 60 was a much better story and accomplishment than the 73-9. It's debatable whether Golden State is as good as the '96 Bulls or '72 Lakers or if the Warriors played in as strong of a league; it's NOT debatable that no one's ever had as big of a final game as Kobe just did, that **** was insane!

ETA: This GS team definitely isn't better than our early 70s Knicks squads. Walt would've wiped the floor with Klay and Green

Last edited: