Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10242526272829303132333435365060 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Basketball Refernce tweeted that DSJ is on pace to be just the 7th rookie in history of NBA to average 18+ ppg, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists in 36 mpg
    I mean, címon, his team is 15 - 30. Those arenít eye popping numbers per 36 minutes. You guys are obsessed with this guy who isnít even having a top 10 rookie season this year, let alone an all-time great rookie season.

Veteran

Basketball Refernce tweeted that DSJ is on pace to be just the 7th rookie in history of NBA to average 18+ ppg, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists in 36 mpg
    Ntilikinaís per 36 minute numbers are 9 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, and 1.9 steals and I think he is having a pretty underwhelming rookie season.

Maybe this is what makes Phil a genius.... LOL. Knits will be the better player in 4 years anyway and bc he is so raw the teamís odds to get a higher lottery pick increases with Knits as the pick over DSJ or DM.

Mitchell outplaying Fox... tosses in a windmill jam on a fastbreak.

Veteran

Maybe this is what makes Phil a genius.... LOL. Knits will be the better player in 4 years anyway and bc he is so raw the team’s odds to get a higher lottery pick increases with Knits as the pick over DSJ or DM.
    He might have the better jump next yr in improved play from his draft class but he's shown nothing that suggest he'll be better than some players picked after him. Heck Dillon Brooks is outplaying him and he was selected in the 2nd round or even say Bogdonavic(free agent signing)
    Last edited by Broadway; Jan 23, 2018 at 00:40.

Veteran

Mitchell outplaying Fox... tosses in a windmill jam on a fastbreak.

If Mitchell has 2-3 more games like this his is my ROY and Simmons will have to do a lot to take it from him.

What the hell hapened at the Staples Center?

Donovan Mitchell was sensational throughout Wednesday's road win in Sacramento, scoring 34 points on 14-of-19 shooting with three assists, three steals, one rebound and one 3-pointer.

Mitchell also hit 5-of-7 free throws, with three turnovers in 34 minutes. He's incredibly polished for a 21-year-old rookie and shows no signs of tiring despite averaging 31.4 minutes in a featured role. If you have any doubts, click on the link below for a high-flying dunk when he basically went 1-of-5 vs. the Kings' defense. Whether or not the No. 10 seed Jazz have playoff hopes, Mitchell is locked into a huge role over Utah's final 37 games.

(Rotoworld)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/953848149424173057

When you see this dunk, youíll cry bc we took Knits over this guy.

12th man

I said Lauri Markkanen may be a better shooter than KP. Set the record for least amount of games taken to reach 100 3 pt shots made. Took him 41 games breaking Dame's record of 44. Watch this kid, not just a 3 pt shooter, he can handle the ball, never saw KP break a 2 man trap starting at his end and dribbled the ball to the other rim and laid it up for an and 1 3 pt play.

12th man

Donovan Mitchell was sensational throughout Wednesday's road win in Sacramento, scoring 34 points on 14-of-19 shooting with three assists, three steals, one rebound and one 3-pointer.

Mitchell also hit 5-of-7 free throws, with three turnovers in 34 minutes. He's incredibly polished for a 21-year-old rookie and shows no signs of tiring despite averaging 31.4 minutes in a featured role. If you have any doubts, click on the link below for a high-flying dunk when he basically went 1-of-5 vs. the Kings' defense. Whether or not the No. 10 seed Jazz have playoff hopes, Mitchell is locked into a huge role over Utah's final 37 games.

(Rotoworld)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/statu...48149424173057

When you see this dunk, youíll cry bc we took Knits over this guy.
    Mitchell n Simmons are the (super star) rookies aka D.Wade n LeBron James NBA future.
    Knick Fans .. Don't think for one second that the Knicks organization would have let rookie Mitchell grab the New York lime light from future KP n our over-paid THJ in the 2017-18 season .. the Knicks selecting Mitchell in the draft would have meant another Knick season without defensive-effort .. why?
    I don't see coach Horn giving a rookie PG Mitchell the Green-Light to shoot above 10 shots per game .. plus Melo's NTC would have stayed a Knick this season once he witness rookie Mitchell speed athleticism n high B.ball IQ in practice .. Putting the Knicks into the same bracket of having another season without defensive effort. Take a real good look at the OKC performance having Westbrook Paul George n Melo.

The Knicks selecting a defensive mindset Frank Nitty to lead the point for the Knicks future .. puts the Knicks as a future playoff team.
    To my surprise .. Beasley has made a big turn around in his performance this season to become a consistent 52% FG scorer averaging 12 points in 20 minute.

I'm disappointed in our ex-SG player headcoach Hornacek's poor usage of our over-paid SG THJ in the offense / defense.
    Plus passing over Trey Burke n Dotson performance in preseason games

Veteran

Mitchell is averaging 19 points on 52% shooting from the floor. Heís averaging 1.5 steals per game. So much talk about the Knicks passing on DSJ for Ntilkina, why isnít the talk all about how the Knicks, Mavs, and everyone else passed on Mitchell, who is far and away the best guard in the draft so far?

12th man

Nits is behind both guys and he disappointed after the good game he had in the Nets game after 3 sub par games before that. Scored zilch against Memphis, can't have a guy playing well 1-5 games and he's getting steady minutes but I'm not seeing the improvement you would expect. If he's playing like this in April, I'd worry about his bust potential.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nits is behind both guys and he disappointed after the good game he had in the Nets game after 3 sub par games before that. Scored zilch against Memphis, can't have a guy playing well 1-5 games and he's getting steady minutes but I'm not seeing the improvement you would expect. If he's playing like this in April, I'd worry about his bust potential.
    DSJ is the vastly superior scorer and ball handler. Ntilikina is the better defensive player. Passing is probably a push right now, but if Ntilikina can stop jumping in the air before he passes, he would be the better passer.

The difference between Mitchell and DSJ and the difference between Mitchell and Ntilikina is the same in my eyes if you are talking about both sides of the ball.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Mitchell is averaging 19 points on 52% shooting from the floor. He’s averaging 1.5 steals per game. So much talk about the Knicks passing on DSJ for Ntilkina, why isn’t the talk all about how the Knicks, Mavs, and everyone else passed on Mitchell, who is far and away the best guard in the draft so far?
    I mentioned this a couple times myself and I was okay selecting him in the crop of guards that were in the mix, had him #2. We worked him out or saw him workout a couple times before the draft...I'm pretty sure. Once again this is Phil we're talking about here. Maybe the reason we gave Mitchell multiple looks is because Phil slept on one of his previous workouts(rolling eyes).

Mitchell is also 6'3" not very tall but stoutly built and does have a great wingspan. Although His wingspan and height have nothing to do with his main strengths which are "physical/skill and bball IQ"

This is why I always say film eye test are the main things that should matter...not all the extra cute stuff