Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 818323334353637383940414243445868 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Donovan Mitchell scored 23 points with six rebounds, four assists, one steal, one block and two 3-pointers in 36 minutes against the Suns on Thursday.

He's so good and he continues to fill the stat sheet. On the season, he's sitting at 19.8 points, 3.7 boards, 3.6 assists and 2.4 treys in one of the most unique stat lines from a rookie ever. In fact, no rookie has ever hit all four of those marks with Allen Iverson being the closest (missed by 0.4 treys). Mitchell is going to be on a lot of fantasy title teams this year, and he's another example of why watching Summer League can be valuable info.

(Rotoworld)

Simmons fires right back again with a super solid all-around game against Brooklyn

Veteran

lol @ The Grizzlies beating the Nuggets after holding down the worst overall record in the league for like a month. A Nugget team who clearly needed to and tried to win the game tonight to keep pace for a playoff spot.

If Phx loses to GSW tonight I wonder how this will turn out for them. They could conceivably be in 3rd place by next week...SHEESH!

Donovan Mitchell scored 26 points with five rebounds, four assists, three steals and one 3-pointer during a 119-112 win over the Mavs on Thursday.

He carried his team late with some strong drives to the hoop. Mitchell's season is in rare air all time for scoring, and his 24th 25-plus point game tonight ties LeBron James for his rookie season. Mitchell does so much more than score and he's strung together nine straight games with at least one steal and one 3-pointer. He might be a second-round pick next year after being arguably the best add in fantasy during his rookie season.

(Rotoworld)

12th man

Kellerman still says Raps can take the Cavs in 6 even after the Cavs beat them. I don't think so despite the Raps having a top 5 team both offensively and defensively. Cavs in 5 or 6 in the EC finals, TT, Hood and Nance Jr. should be back by then. I think the Cavs can game plan on putting the clamps on Lowry's 3 pt shooting and Lebron is playing his best bball of the season.

Last edited by tiger0330; Mar 23, 2018 at 04:05.

Veteran

I think the Raps actually have a chance to beat the Cavs myself but I think some are overlooking a potential grudge match should the Cavs draw Philly based on how teams finish in the standings. The Raps have a crack at Cavs Apr 3rd, which could be another gauge

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Donovan Mitchell scored 26 points with five rebounds, four assists, three steals and one 3-pointer during a 119-112 win over the Mavs on Thursday.

He carried his team late with some strong drives to the hoop. Mitchell's season is in rare air all time for scoring, and his 24th 25-plus point game tonight ties LeBron James for his rookie season. Mitchell does so much more than score and he's strung together nine straight games with at least one steal and one 3-pointer. He might be a second-round pick next year after being arguably the best add in fantasy during his rookie season.

(Rotoworld)

Great game from Mitchell, he does have one obvious flaw and that's 3pt shooting. So when we talk about players improving their game and growth from yr-to-yr this is where he can take his game to another level. Everything else about him is marvelous

Veteran

i want some of what this nypost writer is smoking, cause he has to be better then the $hit i'm smokin... why would leonard want to come here??? to play with who?? who would the spurs want from our 'stocked' roster??... the only player worth a $hit is kanter, and they already have a couple of bigs - this ny post guy has found Pjax's stash....

Donovan Mitchell made 14-of-35 from the field for 35 points during a 124-120 overtime loss to the Spurs on Friday, adding two rebounds, three assists, four steals and four 3-pointers in 44 minutes.

He is some kind of special and single-handedly got this game to OT. He hit a 27-foot trey with 16 seconds left, dished to Rudy Gobert for an easy dunk with 10.6 seconds left, and hit a absurd pull-up trey as he sprinted the ball up with 3.6 seconds left (video in link below). He now has more 25-plus scoring games in his rookie season than LeBron James did and it's starting to feel like this stud is going to be among the league leaders for scoring very, very soon.

(Rotoworld)

Itís getting harder and harder to stomach this and not want to vomit. We had a shot at a transitional player to match with KP and we went safe and drafted another Charlie Ward. I guess the only solace is DAL raves about DSJ and they made a boner too.

12th man

I wonder what Magic does with IT and Lonzo. IT is clearly the better player at this point and Lonzo is no sure fire bet to be that franchise player the Lakers thought they got when they drafted him. He actually shot the Lakers out of that Pelican game, shooting an awful 2-15 1-12 from 3. Took too many 3s down the stretch in a close game that he missed and wasn't creating for his teammates or being a defensive stopper either. I wouldn't be handing over they keys to the kid any time soon if I were a Magic and would have some kind of backup plan in case Lonzo is a bust. IT is far from a perfect player but compared to Lonzo he sure looks a hell of a lot better. I see Lavar isn't talking trash any more about his kid, the reality has set in that he's a struggling rookie that has a lot to prove.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I wonder what Magic does with IT and Lonzo. IT is clearly the better player at this point and Lonzo is no sure fire bet to be that franchise player the Lakers thought they got when they drafted him. He actually shot the Lakers out of that Pelican game, shooting an awful 2-15 1-12 from 3. Took too many 3s down the stretch in a close game that he missed and wasn't creating for his teammates or being a defensive stopper either. I wouldn't be handing over they keys to the kid any time soon if I were a Magic and would have some kind of backup plan in case Lonzo is a bust. IT is far from a perfect player but compared to Lonzo he sure looks a hell of a lot better. I see Lavar isn't talking trash any more about his kid, the reality has set in that he's a struggling rookie that has a lot to prove.

His 3pt shooting has been atrocious past half dozen of games or so but I believe this is the next step in the maturation process. The half dozen or gms prior to he was torching the nets up from beyond the arc

To be fair Lonzo does plenty of other things towards contribution in a game. He's a near triple double threat every 3rd game or so. This month he's averaging 2.5stls and a 1blk and for all the Knits talk about defense, this is most definitely another positive in terms of development. Ball is fine IMO. His dad is occupied with his brothers overseas while finally letting Lonzo do his thing. Ball is a stat stuffer and progressing in a natural way, just needs to get the jumper tighter

Veteran

Unreal what these two young phenoms are doing to close out the season...

Simmons posts a triple double against the Wolves who are jockying for playoff position themselves 15pts, 12reb, 13ast

12th man

I watched the 76ers vs Denver Nuggets game it started off with some great ball movement n scoring by both teams .. The Nuggets guards Murray n Barton are a great tandem but the 76ers long bench depth plus adding #1 pick Fultz to the rotation gave them a big edge over the Nuggets. Don't be surprise if the 76ers become the East most upsetting team in the postseason to make it to the 2nd round of playoffs .. the 76ers starting 5 lineup Embiid Saric Covington Reddick n Team Leader Ben Simmons (ROY) has improve tremendously since November on their team-defense plus added a creative team-offense .. I like the 76ers PF Saric i would trade THJ and KP and a 2nd round pick just for Saric 2 way outstanding performance. Saric has showed consistency for 2 straight seasons. Saric will make a Big name for himself in the upcoming playoffs.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    I watched the 76ers vs Denver Nuggets game it started off with some great ball movement n scoring by both teams .. The Nuggets guards Murray n Barton are a great tandem but the 76ers long bench depth plus adding #1 pick Fultz to the rotation gave them a big edge over the Nuggets. Don't be surprise if the 76ers become the East most upsetting team in the postseason to make it to the 2nd round of playoffs .. the 76ers starting 5 lineup Embiid Saric Covington Reddick n Team Leader Ben Simmons (ROY) has improve tremendously since November on their team-defense plus added a creative team-offense .. I like the 76ers PF Saric i would trade THJ and KP and a 2nd round pick just for Saric 2 way outstanding performance. Saric has showed consistency for 2 straight seasons. Saric will make a Big name for himself in the upcoming playoffs.
    I agree, Embiid has to stay healthy, Knicks having their way under the basket with him out. Ilyasova and Bellinelli give them more shooting for the playoffs. They will make it to the second round.

KAT scores 56 tonight...