Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah, can only imagine... Regardles, Bryant's 60 was a much better story and accomplishment than the 73-9. It's debatable whether Golden State is as good as the '96 Bulls or '72 Lakers or if the Warriors played in as strong of a league; it's NOT debatable that no one's ever had as big of a final game as Kobe just did, that **** was insane!

ETA: This GS team definitely isn't better than our early 70s Knicks squads. Walt would've wiped the floor with Klay and Green
You got to be kidding Kobe's 60 was just for show for his last game. He took 50 shots to get his 60, yeah real efficient game by him. The LA crowd just wanted him to shoot every time he touched the ball.

Also don't agree about the Warriors 73 wins, they broke a record many didn't think would ever be broken.

Steezo

Benchwarmer
You got to be kidding Kobe's 60 was just for show for his last game. He took 50 shots to get his 60, yeah real efficient game by him. The LA crowd just wanted him to shoot every time he touched the ball.

Also don't agree about the Warriors 73 wins, they broke a record many didn't think would ever be broken.

I suppose it's all about whether one agrees with the notion of the league's competitive strength and parity, or if one just prefers to take things at face value. If one's really gonna take the Warriors 73-9 all-time record at face value, that would mean that a) one believes the league currently is as strong as it's ever been, b) the '16 Warriors are at least as good as any team in league history, and c) Stephen Curry this year was playing as good as any player in NBA history. If one were to think this, great! I'd strongly disagree, but everyone's entitled to their opinion, and it'd be cool to see someone enjoying the current league as much as my Dad enjoyed watching Wilt and Russell, back when I believe the NBA was in it's true golden age, glory days (the 60s thru early 70s)

Hell, just look at the '96 Bulls. There's just as strong of a consensus that the '96 Bulls aren't even the best BULLS team (that would be the '92 Bulls). '96 Bulls also played in what many believed to be in a league that saw much better days (us making the Finals as an 8th seed only supports this notion). I just don't see how anyone can say the '16 Warriors and to a lesser extent the '96 Bulls are as good or better than the '67 76ers or '62 Celtics or '71 Bucks. Records only mean so much, and the Warriors MIGHT not even win the title this year, let's wait and see

Oh, and nobody on planet Earth saw Kobe dropping 60, that's a hell of an accomplishment for a worn-down cripple in his late 30s at literally the twilight of his career. It was a huge come-from-behind win and he shot 44%. Nobody plays like that during their very last NBA game, I'd love to see a better last game than that

tiger0330

Legend
I suppose it's all about whether one agrees with the notion of the league's competitive strength and parity, or if one just prefers to take things at face value. If one's really gonna take the Warriors 73-9 all-time record at face value, that would mean that a) one believes the league currently is as strong as it's ever been, b) the '16 Warriors are at least as good as any team in league history, and c) Stephen Curry this year was playing as good as any player in NBA history. If one were to think this, great! I'd strongly disagree, but everyone's entitled to their opinion, and it'd be cool to see someone enjoying the current league as much as my Dad enjoyed watching Wilt and Russell, back when I believe the NBA was in it's true golden age, glory days (the 60s thru early 70s)

Hell, just look at the '96 Bulls. There's just as strong of a consensus that the '96 Bulls aren't even the best BULLS team (that would be the '92 Bulls). '96 Bulls also played in what many believed to be in a league that saw much better days (us making the Finals as an 8th seed only supports this notion). I just don't see how anyone can say the '16 Warriors and to a lesser extent the '96 Bulls are as good or better than the '67 76ers or '62 Celtics or '71 Bucks. Records only mean so much, and the Warriors MIGHT not even win the title this year, let's wait and see

Oh, and nobody on planet Earth saw Kobe dropping 60, that's a hell of an accomplishment for a worn-down cripple in his late 30s at literally the twilight of his career. It was a huge come-from-behind win and he shot 44%. Nobody plays like that during their very last NBA game, I'd love to see a better last game than that
I agree with you about not winning the championship. The 73 win season would be tainted if the Warriors don't win it all.

My previous post was you comparing Kobes 60 pt game to the season the Warriors had as a much better story and accomplishment than the Warriors 73 win season. That was a little over the top, Melos personal best of 62 pts was done on 35 shots on over 60% shooting and its not even in the same class as what the Warriors did.

BTW, I see you're a bball authority and historian. I hope you post here more often. This is a great site that needs more fans such as yourself.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
In hiring Thibodeau, Wolves make coaching move their core deserves

The notoriously conservative Timberwolves have done something rather bold. Minnesota?s search for a new head coach and a new president of basketball operations converged on former Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau?the highest-profile candidate available. The speed with which the Wolves? pursuit concluded clarifies the strange circumstances under which interim head coach Sam Mitchell was dismissed.

Wasn't Phil Jackson suppose to act fast at signing us one of the unemployed head-coaches during the postseason ??

tiger0330

Legend
In hiring Thibodeau, Wolves make coaching move their core deserves

The notoriously conservative Timberwolves have done something rather bold. Minnesota?s search for a new head coach and a new president of basketball operations converged on former Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau?the highest-profile candidate available. The speed with which the Wolves? pursuit concluded clarifies the strange circumstances under which interim head coach Sam Mitchell was dismissed.

Wasn't Phil Jackson suppose to act fast at signing us one of the unemployed head-coaches during the postseason ??
All part of the plan to hire Rambis. Let all of the other head coaches get hired by other teams so Rambis is the only option left.

Kiyaman

Legend
All part of the plan to hire Rambis. Let all of the other head coaches get hired by other teams so Rambis is the only option left.

LMAO .. the Lakers fire coach Byron Scott .. this had to be done by the same idiot that selected Russell over KAT, Okafor, and Winslow in the 2015 draft.
As if Kobe won something without Phil as the head-coach
I would mention us hiring Byron Scott ...butt we have ISO-Melo calling all the shots on the court for the next 3 seasons

Maybe the Lakers interest are in hiring Rambis LMAO

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
LMAO .. the Lakers fire coach Byron Scott .. this had to be done by the same idiot that selected Russell over KAT, Okafor, and Winslow in the 2015 draft.
As if Kobe won something without Phil as the head-coach
I would mention us hiring Byron Scott ...butt we have ISO-Melo calling all the shots on the court for the next 3 seasons

Maybe the Lakers interest are in hiring Rambis LMAO
Rambis wife and family are still in LA, not a stretch that he goes back to LA as an asst or less likely as head coach instead of being in NY.

Kiyaman

Legend

To me Kobe 50 shots in one game are the base-fact of Kobe NBA career!
Funny .. how I see the future of ISO-Melo doing the same-thing in final NBA game.

There are no way the GS Warriors 73 win roster could match-up close to the Bulls 72 win roster. No way!
The Bulls had a Trio backcourt of 6.6 point-forwards that showed breaking record speed to score in 3 seconds or less in Harper/Jordan/Pippin .. plus the Bulls same Trio-Backcourt defense in stopping the passing-lane were the best in NBA history by adding the best shot-blocker who dominated the glass for defense/offense rebounder in the history of the NBA .. Mr. Rodman.
And dont forget Lights-Out 3 ball shooting Steve Kerr and Kukoc who will stretch a 5 point lead into a 15 point lead in 2 to 3 minute.
Plus Phil Jackson always DNP starters for rest the final 10 games of regular season before playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Report: Kings, Dave Joerger agree to deal

The Kings and Dave Joerger have agreed in principle on a deal that will make him the team’s next head coach, The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports.
Joerger was fired by Memphis on Saturday after going 147–99 in three seasons as head coach, and 9–13 in the postseason. He had been an assistant with the franchise dating back to 2007–08.
Sacramento parted ways with head coach George Karl in April after missing the postseason for a 10th straight season. The Kings took center Willie Cauley-Stein in the first round of last year’s draft and have a lottery pick this year.
The (PJ/Melo) Knicks and (Harden) Rockets are now the lone two teams without a head coach.

tiger0330

Legend
R.C. Buford of the Spurs was named NBA Exec of the year. Our 12M Exec Phil Jackson for the 2nd year in a row got ZERO votes. Even Sam Hinkie of the Sixers got a vote. 12m/60M and whatever they're paying Mills and you can't get one vote, no wonder this franchise is broken.

Exec of the Year Voting results

R.C. Buford, San Antonio, 77
Neil Olshey, Portland, 63
Bob Myers, Golden State, 38
Masai Ujiri, Toronto, 18
Rich Cho, Charlotte, 17
Danny Ainge, Boston, 13
David Griffin, Cleveland, 10
Stan Van Gundy, Detroit, 6
Pat Riley, Miami, 6
Sam Presti, Oklahoma City, 5
Sam Hinkie, Philadelphia, 5
Wes Wilcox, Atlanta, 1
John Hammond, Milwaukee, 1
Dennis Lindsey, Utah, 1

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Spurs unsure if Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili will return

Will Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili return?
"I really don't know what they're going to do," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said Friday, a day after the Spurs' season-ending loss at Oklahoma City. "But when they do decide to move on, sometime between now and the next five years - that's a little bit of a joke - it will feel a little differently walking into the gym."
Anything less than having both Duncan and Ginobili in uniform next season will be even more jarring for the Spurs than losing to the Thunder in six games in the Western Conference semifinals.
"We'll see," said Tony Parker, the other member of San Antonio's Big Three. "It's going to be a long summer for us."

Kiyaman

Legend
R.C. Buford of the Spurs was named NBA Exec of the year. Our 12M Exec Phil Jackson for the 2nd year in a row got ZERO votes. Even Sam Hinkie of the Sixers got a vote. 12m/60M and whatever they're paying Mills and you can't get one vote, no wonder this franchise is broken.

Exec of the Year Voting results

R.C. Buford, San Antonio, 77
Neil Olshey, Portland, 63
Bob Myers, Golden State, 38
Masai Ujiri, Toronto, 18
Rich Cho, Charlotte, 17
Danny Ainge, Boston, 13
David Griffin, Cleveland, 10
Stan Van Gundy, Detroit, 6
Pat Riley, Miami, 6
Sam Presti, Oklahoma City, 5
Sam Hinkie, Philadelphia, 5
Wes Wilcox, Atlanta, 1
John Hammond, Milwaukee, 1
Dennis Lindsey, Utah, 1

PJ probably receive 10- minus votes from eastern executives votes for the Shump n JR trade

Kiyaman

Legend
The Pacers Fired their head coach Vogel in early May .. two-weeks later the Pacers name Nate McMillan as their new head coach.
Maybe PJ nick is just a head coach, and he should leave the management job for managers

Kiyaman

Legend
Our Division Celtrics has land the No. 3 pick !!!
Will that help them get to where they want to go .. pass the first-round playoff

tiger0330

Legend
Our Division Celtrics has land the No. 3 pick !!!
Will that help them get to where they want to go .. pass the first-round playoff
I think they'll trade the pick, rumor was they wanted Jahil Okafor. Not sure why Ainge would want him but the Sixers I think would swing a deal for their 3rd pick for him.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I think they'll trade the pick, rumor was they wanted Jahil Okafor. Not sure why Ainge would want him but the Sixers I think would swing a deal for their 3rd pick for him.

Philly would be haunted throughout Okafor super-star career in Boston if they made that move.
Tiger .. i expected u to notice what Okafor presence does for a team inside the paint, Lopez n Okafor as tandem starter would have gave us a better shot at making the playoff having a poor backcourt of Calderon/Afflalo

Im waiting to see all of Ainge moves this offseason

tiger0330

Legend
Philly would be haunted throughout Okafor super-star career in Boston if they made that move.
Tiger .. i expected u to notice what Okafor presence does for a team inside the paint, Lopez n Okafor as tandem starter would have gave us a better shot at making the playoff having a poor backcourt of Calderon/Afflalo

Im waiting to see all of Ainge moves this offseason
I agree about Okafor, great post game and a scoring machine inside but I think Ainge should be shooting higher than a 1 yr. player with limitations despite that post game. I would take a shot at Cousins even with all his baggage, Okafor will never be the player Boogie is.

Al Jefferson is also available if Ainge wants a low post player.

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree about Okafor, great post game and a scoring machine inside but I think Ainge should be shooting higher than a 1 yr. player with limitations despite that post game. I would take a shot at Cousins even with all his baggage, Okafor will never be the player Boogie is.

Al Jefferson is also available if Ainge wants a low post player.

Cousin n Okafor are worth the number 1 pick .. their dynamic low-post talent are franchise-exceptional.
Boston has 3 first round picks and 5 second round picks, plus Ainge maybe interested in the Chicago Bulls rumor .. Trading Derrick Rose OR Jimmy Butler should be Bulls' offseason priority

How many picks should PJ buy from Boston ???

Kiyaman

Legend
By Mike Lupica

Jeff Hornacek will just be next Knicks coach to get fired if Phil Jackson can't recruit

People don't want to hear another word about a triangle offense with which he won when he had Michael and Scottie and Kobe and Shaq and Gasol. Good grief, it sounds sometimes like he is speaking wistfully about hula hoops. Knick fans don't want to hear about truth and beauty. They want their team to win again. Jackson didn't inherit a team that was the NBA equivalent of the 1-15 Jets. No, what Jackson did was immediately turn the Knicks into the NBA equivalent of 1-15.