Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Kemba willing to take less than supermax to stay with Charlotte. He is not going anywhere.

The 29-year-old Walker said he?s eager to hear what other teams have to offer.

?That all factors in (to my decision) when I sit down with the teams and hear what guys have to say,? Walker said. ?I think that will all come into play. I?m not really sure right now. Like I said Charlotte is my first priority and I have to see what (the Hornets) have to offer, as well as other teams.?

There has been plenty of speculation about where Walker might end up, including with the Knicks because he grew up in the Bronx.

But Walker has repeatedly said he loves playing and living in Charlotte.

?I have been here for eight years, and it?s the team that drafted me,? Walker said. ?So yeah it is my first priority. I don?t know if I will sign back with them, but they are my first priority.?

Walker said he doesn?t have a timetable for signing a contract but added he wouldn?t mind getting it done as soon as possible.

Asked if he was confident he?d re-sign with Charlotte, Walker shrugged his shoulders and said, ?I have no clue.

?I don?t know,? Walker added. ?This is where I want to be and if it doesn?t work out, it just doesn?t. I?m prepared.?

mafra

Legend
Sounds to me, if NYK lay out their vision... Sell KD coming back in 2021, or pairing KW with KL... talking about RJ/Ja along with Mitch, DSJ, Trier, Knox... 6 first rounders in 4 years.... well, a case can be made.

My thinking... if DSJ is our PG... than why shell out max money to Kyrie or Kemba? Use that money for roster filling pieces or a legit NBA PF...

Would Cousins and Morris help more at that price? You know, stuff like that. Plus, what if MEM takes RJ... with Ja and DSJ... who needs Kemba?

Sounds to me, if NYK lay out their vision... Sell KD coming back in 2021, or pairing KW with KL... talking about RJ/Ja along with Mitch, DSJ, Trier, Knox... 6 first rounders in 4 years.... well, a case can be made.

My thinking... if DSJ is our PG... than why shell out max money to Kyrie or Kemba? Use that money for roster filling pieces or a legit NBA PF...

Would Cousins and Morris help more at that price? You know, stuff like that. Plus, what if MEM takes RJ... with Ja and DSJ... who needs Kemba?

DSJ has a lot to prove this season. The hope is he makes a D?Angelo Russell jump in performance. If we did land KD and he was healthy, no question that you?d want a better PG to ?win now?. Instead, rolling with DSJ as our starter makes sense if we sign an injured KD.

mafra

Legend
Check out Steve Nash?s stats first 4 seasons in DAL (age 22-25 years)... he averaged about 8 points, 4 assists, 39% from downtown... Nash didn?t even arrive in PHO until 30.

I?m not saying DSJ is Nash, or even close to Kemba, but DSJ thru 3 seasons, still only 21, has career averages of 14 & 5...

We fans have been saying for years to rebuild the right way, be patient, and lay the foundations thru the draft...

But then we write off Knox after 1 year, Frank after 2 (both still just barely 20)...

Of course these kids have everything to prove... but if we?re patient and we let them grow... maybe they reward us when they hit their prime.

DSJ
RJ
Knox
Robinson

This might be a championship core4 right now. Maybe all 4 are busts... but we won?t know unless we endure 3 seasons of these cats playing together... then, when DSJ is 25...and the rest are in closer to 25 than teenagers... will it start to pay dividends.

This is why KD is huge. He raises all boats and will be more instrumental grooming this foundation than being valuable carrying the franchise on the court.

Check out Steve Nash?s stats first 4 seasons in DAL (age 22-25 years)... he averaged about 8 points, 4 assists, 39% from downtown... Nash didn?t even arrive in PHO until 30.

I?m not saying DSJ is Nash, or even close to Kemba, but DSJ thru 3 seasons, still only 21, has career averages of 14 & 5...

We fans have been saying for years to rebuild the right way, be patient, and lay the foundations thru the draft...

But then we write off Knox after 1 year, Frank after 2 (both still just barely 20)...

Of course these kids have everything to prove... but if we?re patient and we let them grow... maybe they reward us when they hit their prime.

DSJ
RJ
Knox
Robinson

This might be a championship core4 right now. Maybe all 4 are busts... but we won?t know unless we endure 3 seasons of these cats playing together... then, when DSJ is 25...and the rest are in closer to 25 than teenagers... will it start to pay dividends.

This is why KD is huge. He raises all boats and will be more instrumental grooming this foundation than being valuable carrying the franchise on the court.

The problem is that guys come into the league young and then you have to make a decision on signing them past their rookie deal when they are still in their early 20s.

Look at Mudiay. Dude is only 23 and arguably a better PG than DSJ, but he is likely a non-factor for us because we?re not going to spend cap space on him now that?s done with his rookie deal when we have DSJ on a rookie deal still.

DSJ needs to step up this coming season for me to have any faith in him for the long-term. To be fair though, I wasn?t big on him coming out of the draft.

WTF. Klay Thompson tore his ACL last night. He?ll be out most, if not all, of next season. Another star free agent on the shelf. Disastrous turn of events for Klay and GS.

Also, Ujiri punched a cop last night?

tiger0330

Legend
WTF. Klay Thompson tore his ACL last night. He’ll be out most, if not all, of next season. Another star free agent on the shelf. Disastrous turn of events for Klay and GS.

Also, Ujiri punched a cop last night?
Ujiri was trying to get to the floor for the awards presentation and some dumb cop tried to stop him. Ujiri tried to get past him and probably because Ujiri was a lot taller than the cop one of his attempts to get by the cop caught the cop by his face. I doubt he literally took a punch at the cop.

Kiyaman

Legend
The problem is that guys come into the league young and then you have to make a decision on signing them past their rookie deal when they are still in their early 20s.

Look at Mudiay. Dude is only 23 and arguably a better PG than DSJ, but he is likely a non-factor for us because we’re not going to spend cap space on him now that’s done with his rookie deal when we have DSJ on a rookie deal still.

DSJ needs to step up this coming season for me to have any faith in him for the long-term. To be fair though, I wasn’t big on him coming out of the draft.

What DSJr performance showed us in a Knicks uniform, I have to say Kadeem and Frank are a much better PG than DSJr .. the Dallas Mavs having a young star Point-foward Doncic gave up DSJr to quick in the Knicks KP trade for me not to be questionable bout DSJr team-performance on the court.

mafra

Legend
Pelicans send AD to Lakers for Ingram, Ball, Hart, and 3 first rounders.

Lol!!!

NO couldn?t even get Kuzma!

This package tells me NYK and BOS wasn?t all-in here.... I?m surprised bc I though a mystery team, like HOU it DEN, was going to jump in to this thing.

Pelicans send AD to Lakers for Ingram, Ball, Hart, and 3 first rounders.

Lol!!!

NO couldn?t even get Kuzma!

This package tells me NYK and BOS wasn?t all-in here.... I?m surprised bc I though a mystery team, like HOU it DEN, was going to jump in to this thing.

This trade is a catastrophe for the Lakers if AD doesn?t sign at the end of the season, even if they got to keep Kuzma. 3 1st rounders and 3 good young players for an expiring contract. Wow.

Glad we didn?t make this deal because we can still make a play for AD in free agency a year from now and not give up anyone.

Congratulations Knicks fans! MRob and RJ Barrett (or maybe Ja Morant) are a part of our future!

mafra

Legend
Davis will sign an extension with LAK. He needs LJ to carry him and he?ll gladly play the part. He wanted LA or NY... with the GSW hobbled, WC is wide open and LAK can easily step into the void.

If 2 of those first rounders are LA?s own picks, then they are almost useless. Pick in the 20s, no? I mean, they are better than nothing but their value is what exactly?

4th pick in this draft is nice. Ball and Ingram? Well, first they have to prove they ain?t busts... and then what matters if they want out in 18 months?

I would?ve preferred Mitch and RJ and those 2 DAL picks, if it were me... but we probably didn?t offer that... let?s hope that was the smart play.

It looks like worst case scenario is happening... then again, if KD and KL sign here in 2 weeks... then who cares about AD, Zion or KD.

Davis will sign an extension with LAK. He needs LJ to carry him and he?ll gladly play the part. He wanted LA or NY... with the GSW hobbled, WC is wide open and LAK can easily step into the void.

If 2 of those first rounders are LA?s own picks, then they are almost useless. Pick in the 20s, no? I mean, they are better than nothing but their value is what exactly?

4th pick in this draft is nice. Ball and Ingram? Well, first they have to prove they ain?t busts... and then what matters if they want out in 18 months?

I would?ve preferred Mitch and RJ and those 2 DAL picks, if it were me... but we probably didn?t offer that... let?s hope that was the smart play.

It looks like worst case scenario is happening... then again, if KD and KL sign here in 2 weeks... then who cares about AD, Zion or KD.

Lebron is 34-years-old and only played 55 games last season. Lakers right now is Lebron, AD, Kuzma, and...no one else of note. They will have cap space and it will be critical what they do with it. I can definitely see AD walking a year from now.

mafra

Legend
Lebron is 34-years-old and only played 55 games last season. Lakers right now is Lebron, AD, Kuzma, and...no one else of note. They will have cap space and it will be critical what they do with it. I can definitely see AD walking a year from now.

Could be similar to the Howard situation, where it doesn?t work out and he leaves.

But Lakers have cap space to sign a max.... Kemba or Kyrie. Maybe they settle for a Rozier and Buttler duo instead.

I wonder if it makes more sense cap-wise to extend AD now or if the money works better to wait until next Summer?

Replacing what Hart, Ball, Ingram brought should be easy... roster full types.

Lakers were a playoff team before LJ injury.... they may have to rest LJ a bunch to keep him fresh... and AD has to prove he can stay healthy... but who is gonna bet against Lakers getting to Finals?

Watch all the vets run to LA to fill out the roster.

Here?s my question. Will Kyrie, Kemba, or Kawhi go to the Lakers now? If Lakers end up with Lebron, AD, Kuzma, and Kawhi, then yeah, that is a team, even with the rest of the roster being lower tier players.

Could be similar to the Howard situation, where it doesn?t work out and he leaves.

But Lakers have cap space to sign a max.... Kemba or Kyrie. Maybe they settle for a Rozier and Buttler duo instead.

I wonder if it makes more sense cap-wise to extend AD now or if the money works better to wait until next Summer?

Replacing what Hart, Ball, Ingram brought should be easy... roster full types.

Lakers were a playoff team before LJ injury.... they may have to rest LJ a bunch to keep him fresh... and AD has to prove he can stay healthy... but who is gonna bet against Lakers getting to Finals?

Watch all the vets run to LA to fill out the roster.

Yeah, I was writing a similar post at the same time. Lakers are back to being a player in free agency. Still, they are taking a huge risk.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, I was writing a similar post at the same time. Lakers are back to being a player in free agency. Still, they are taking a huge risk.

Major risk. AD may not be offered a max or may decline to sign it... Things might not work out... AD leaves. They?d be screwed and then those 2 picks could be lottery gems.

Ball, Ingrham, Hart will join Zion, Jrue and Randall. 6 man rotation.

Ball
Jrue
Ingram
Zion
Randall

Maybe they flip the 4th pick or grab a Culver/Hunter?

Meanwhile, Knicks get RJ/Ja, keep their assets. Maybe they sign KD, get back into lottery, then sign AD next summer.

Imagine that 2020-2021 roster!

Kiyaman

Legend
Major risk. AD may not be offered a max or may decline to sign it... Things might not work out... AD leaves. They?d be screwed and then those 2 picks could be lottery gems.

Ball, Ingrham, Hart will join Zion, Jrue and Randall. 6 man rotation.

Ball
Jrue
Ingram
Zion
Randall

Maybe they flip the 4th pick or grab a Culver/Hunter?

Meanwhile, Knicks get RJ/Ja, keep their assets. Maybe they sign KD, get back into lottery, then sign AD next summer.

Imagine that 2020-2021 roster!

WOW-WOW! The LA Lakers now have Lebron & AD in their starting lineup for the 2019-20 season ..
What are the odd's on the Lakers making it to next season FINALS having a healthy Lebron & AD
...and a injured GS Warriors team ???

Recall .. The Lakers were one of the NBA Top-3 worst NBA organization since 2011., even Kobe Bryant high scoring in his final years couldn't help the Lakers stay out of the pin-ball Lottery .... Dolan/Mills/Perry ???

mafra

Legend
The final deal for the Pelicans was a haul: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, the No. 4 overall pick this year and two other first-round picks. There were also reports of the Lakers forking over swap rights to other draft picks, meaning the Pelicans will own the rights to their picks for six or seven years.

More trade rumors. Memphis looks like they might be getting close to trading Conley, possibly to Utah. This gives me increased confidence that Memphis does take Ja Morant and we land RJ Barrett on Thursday.

Also, possible that Pelicans use a package built around the #4 pick they received from Lakers to acquire Bradley Beal. That would give them Zion, Beal, Jrue Holiday, Lonzo, and Ingram, and they could resign Randle. Plus they would have all those future draft picks to further use to build.