Other NBA games and League

Contract negotiations apparently are done between Horford and Boston and he is now planning on declining his 30 million option and leaving in free agency.

mafra

Legend
Multiple outlets reported on Tuesday that contract talks have broken up between the Celtics and the five-time All Star Horford, meaning Boston could now be in the market for a big man, much the same as the Knicks after both teams missed out on Anthony Davis.

The Celtics may have found their answer.

Sources have told SNY Insider Ian Begley that the Celtics and Rockets have recently had discussions about Clint Capela.

???????-

Here we go...

I?m starting to think... if we can?t sign KL and/or KD (and I?m wondering if AD to Lakers may make it less attractive for KL to go home, and thus increase odds for NYK to land star, whom I believe will go to TOR,LAC, or NYK)....

I?m Starting to think of HOU can gather enough sexy assets... like say BOS sends 14 and 20 to HOU for Capella...

Maybe we do absorb Paul for a massive haul of picks.

We get 2 extra first rounders this year, grab another next year and then get a few more picks down the road... hmm...

We already have 7 picks coming next 5 drafts... imagine adding another 3 picks this year and next and then in 3-4 years... when Hou is in rebuild mode and in the lottery... we get 2 picks (or right to swap picks) at just about the time our young roster is hitting their prime?

I would actually prefer to take this route than the fool?s gold route. Brining in less than max talent for near max dollars won?t help our raw roster.

Might as well take the long plan and prepare for 2022.

Multiple outlets reported on Tuesday that contract talks have broken up between the Celtics and the five-time All Star Horford, meaning Boston could now be in the market for a big man, much the same as the Knicks after both teams missed out on Anthony Davis.

The Celtics may have found their answer.

Sources have told SNY Insider Ian Begley that the Celtics and Rockets have recently had discussions about Clint Capela.

???????-

Here we go...

I?m starting to think... if we can?t sign KL and/or KD (and I?m wondering if AD to Lakers may make it less attractive for KL to go home, and thus increase odds for NYK to land star, whom I believe will go to TOR,LAC, or NYK)....

I?m Starting to think of HOU can gather enough sexy assets... like say BOS sends 14 and 20 to HOU for Capella...

Maybe we do absorb Paul for a massive haul of picks.

We get 2 extra first rounders this year, grab another next year and then get a few more picks down the road... hmm...

We already have 7 picks coming next 5 drafts... imagine adding another 3 picks this year and next and then in 3-4 years... when Hou is in rebuild mode and in the lottery... we get 2 picks (or right to swap picks) at just about the time our young roster is hitting their prime?

I would actually prefer to take this route than the fool?s gold route. Brining in less than max talent for near max dollars won?t help our raw roster.

Might as well take the long plan and prepare for 2022.

I don?t know, man. Paul is owed 80 million over the next 2 seasons and then has a 44 million dollar player option. That?s 3 seasons of salary cap death. You help Houston get Paul off the roster and Morey will find a way to use the cap space to rebuild around Harden. You could end up with a bunch of late 1st round picks.

I only feel like future 1st round picks have attractive value if the team has a good chance of falling apart and giving you a lottery pick. Morey keeps the Rockets competitive year after year.

tiger0330

Legend
Both CP3 and their GM Morey say it’s not true. Off season got more interesting if both Conley and CP3 are going to new teams this off season.

Last edited:
Woj reporting that even if the Lakers strip down to only Lebron, AD, and Kuz and even if AD waived his full trade bonus, Lakers will still not have enough to sign a free agent to a max deal. Lakers may have ****ed up big here. Kyrie, Kemba, and the rest of the top free agents are not going to take a cent less than a max deal. Without that 3rd star, let alone the rest of a roster, the idea that Lakers are the favorites to win multiple championships seems comical to me.

mafra

Legend
I wouldn?t do it primarily for Hou first rounders not would I toss away 3 seasons lightly.

But if we can?t get a star to come here what to do with cap space?

1) Harris and Middleton? Max money for non-max players?

2) Randle and Russell? 70 mil each for young talented types who could be more THjr than Steve Nash (late bloomers).

3) Accumulate picks?

If Hou can grab some lottery picks in a deal for Capela? 14th and 20th this year and a potential lottery next year PLUS HoU chips in picks in 2023-2026 range (when they?ll be in rebuild mode) or ability to swap picks in that time... then we could Stockpile assets and when we are good we can have Tatum like fortunate (a top 5 pick in a season we are already good).

Anyway... hope is we get KD or KL. Maybe even a Randle-Russell combo instead.
Just saying... HOU is creative and may find a way to make this feasible if we whiff everywhere else.

mafra

Legend
Woj reporting that even if the Lakers strip down to only Lebron, AD, and Kuz and even if AD waived his full trade bonus, Lakers will still not have enough to sign a free agent to a max deal. Lakers may have ****ed up big here. Kyrie, Kemba, and the rest of the top free agents are not going to take a cent less than a max deal. Without that 3rd star, let alone the rest of a roster, the idea that Lakers are the favorites to win multiple championships seems comical to me.

I sense Danny Green, JJ Redick, Kris Middleton, Al Horford, Morris, Rozier, Rondo, Stephenson, McGee... these are the types they?ll round out roster with (Lance thomas types).

tiger0330

Legend
Conley traded to the Jazz. I thought Conley was tradeable but the speed in them doing so surprised me, Rubio looks to be out of Utah and Ja now a lock to go to the Griz.

The Memphis Grizzlies have traded guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver and Jae Crowder, the 23rd pick in Thursday's draft and a future first-round pick, league sources told ESPN.
The Jazz will send a protected 2020 first-round pick to the Grizzlies, league sources told ESPN. That pick will convey as a late lottery pick in 2020 or 2021, or become a lightly protected pick from 2022 to '24. The deal will be complete on July 6.

Knits for Rubio!

Safe to guess MEM keeping pick and drafting Ja.
RJ a NYK

My reaction as well. Memphis did well to get a good return for Conley and Utah now looks like they can shift even more into a ?win now? mode with Mitchell, Gobert, and Conley.

The West is a scary conference. Aging Lebron, AD, Kuz, and role players might struggle to win 50 games. They need to make a move to make sure they get that other big player.

Thought this was pretty funny. CBS Sports taking a shot at Melo.

Easy for sports media to take cheap shots at Melo. Also easy to forget Jeremy Lin is one of the biggest flameouts in sports history. He had the best 3 weeks of basketball anyone had ever seen, signed a big contract, and now he is 30 years old with career averages of 9 points and 3 assists. He has persevered as a backup PG. My guess is Toronto views him as pretty disposable though.

That said, it?s a pretty funny joke.

mafra

Legend
My reaction as well. Memphis did well to get a good return for Conley and Utah now looks like they can shift even more into a ?win now? mode with Mitchell, Gobert, and Conley.

The West is a scary conference. Aging Lebron, AD, Kuz, and role players might struggle to win 50 games. They need to make a move to make sure they get that other big player.

This is why Perry needs to sell that and winning title with 3 teams to KL!

POR, LAK, HOU, DEN, Utah, Minny...GSW...

tiger0330

Legend
Knits for Rubio!

Safe to guess MEM keeping pick and drafting Ja.
RJ a NYK
No need to trade for Ricky, Knicks want him they can sign him in FA. Not happening though, he’s behind the Harris Middleton’s Butler Randal in FA for the Knicks.

Some recent free agency rumors:

- Rockets want to trade Paul to clear cap space to try to sign Jimmy Butler

- Mavericks could be front runners to sign Horford. If not Dallas, Horford likely to go to Clippers or Lakers.

tiger0330

Legend
Some recent free agency rumors:

- Rockets want to trade Paul to clear cap space to try to sign Jimmy Butler

- Mavericks could be front runners to sign Horford. If not Dallas, Horford likely to go to Clippers or Lakers.
There’s a lot of talent available this FA. Don’t know if it’s a good thing if the Knicks come up dry this off-season to build the right way like you guys want.

Kiyaman

Legend

There's nothing comical bout FA star role-players taking less pay to be on a Championship Lakers team .. I wouldn't be surprise if FA Horford are the first to sign on to the Lakers on July 1st. .... Horford AD Lebron in the starting lineup, having Kuzma come off the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
There’s a lot of talent available this FA. Don’t know if it’s a good thing if the Knicks come up dry this off-season to build the right way like you guys want.

The Knicks should be looking at working-out FA PG-Issiah Thomas and signing Randle's hustle performance to tandem with MitchRob in the front-court the next few seasons.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don?t know, man. Paul is owed 80 million over the next 2 seasons and then has a 44 million dollar player option. That?s 3 seasons of salary cap death. You help Houston get Paul off the roster and Morey will find a way to use the cap space to rebuild around Harden. You could end up with a bunch of late 1st round picks.

I only feel like future 1st round picks have attractive value if the team has a good chance of falling apart and giving you a lottery pick. Morey keeps the Rockets competitive year after year.

Player/Coach Chris Paul happen to be 10 times a better winning head-coach than our Tank-Tank No-strategy coach Fizdale !!!
CP3 is a future HOF PG .. CP3's play-making skills has improve his teammates performance tremendously.
I would have to give Perry Big Props if he make the trade for CP3's contract, and then resign center DJ ....
Then the 2019-20 Knicks will make the Playoffs !!!