Other NBA games and League

Broadway

All Star
L uka Doncic had it going on against the Spurs on Monday, scoring a career-high 42 points (14-of-27 FGs, 9-of-13 FTs) with 11 rebounds, 12 assists, five 3-pointers and 5 turnovers in 35 minutes.

Doncic joined some guy named LeBron James as the only players in NBA history to notch a 40-point triple-double before the age of 21. Doncic now has six triple-doubles on the season and has been close on a few other occasions. He's been scoring in a slew of ways, whether it's off the dribble, step-backs or getting to the line. Doncic is posting numbers rarely seen by someone his age and is on-pace for a historic sophomore campaign in Dallas.

He did it again in shorter work 35pts/11ast/10reb in 26min 11/18fg

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah .. they gonna cut em .. Melo still has the same SELFISH-performance he came to the league with.
I was expecting Melo's return to be more of a team-ball player on both sides of the court to shut all the negative rap bout him, in Melo's first game i was expecting Melo to get 3 or 4 Dimes hitting Whiteside & McCollum for easy baskets.

The Blazers are in Milwaukee tonite visiting MVP Giannis .. will Melo play team-ball? how many dimes will Melo dish out tonite?

mafra

Legend
The Knicks could?ve wound up with Donovan Mitchell, one of the best young guards in the NBA, if they were willing to listen to Rick Pitino.

According to Rick Pitino.

?I tried to get the Knicks to take him, and nah [they said] they can?t take him at that number,? Pitino, Mitchell?s coach at Louisville, said on SiriusXM NBA Radio.

That number was the eighth overall pick in the 2017 draft, during which the Knicks took Frank Ntilikina in the last move made by then-president Phil Jackson before he was let go. Five picks later, the Jazz selected Mitchell, the Elmsford, N.Y. native who has blossomed into a star, being named to the NBA?s All-Rookie first team and the winner of the 2018 Slam Dunk Contest. This year, Mitchell has gotten even better, averaging 24.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists.

?Donovan I knew would be a star in the league,? Pitino said. ?I always felt he could play the one. Can he run a pick-and-roll? Without question. Can he get other people shots? Without question. So, I always knew he could play two positions. He?s just a unique personality.?

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks could?ve wound up with Donovan Mitchell, one of the best young guards in the NBA, if they were willing to listen to Rick Pitino.

According to Rick Pitino.

?I tried to get the Knicks to take him, and nah [they said] they can?t take him at that number,? Pitino, Mitchell?s coach at Louisville, said on SiriusXM NBA Radio.

That number was the eighth overall pick in the 2017 draft, during which the Knicks took Frank Ntilikina in the last move made by then-president Phil Jackson before he was let go. Five picks later, the Jazz selected Mitchell, the Elmsford, N.Y. native who has blossomed into a star, being named to the NBA?s All-Rookie first team and the winner of the 2018 Slam Dunk Contest. This year, Mitchell has gotten even better, averaging 24.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists.

?Donovan I knew would be a star in the league,? Pitino said. ?I always felt he could play the one. Can he run a pick-and-roll? Without question. Can he get other people shots? Without question. So, I always knew he could play two positions. He?s just a unique personality.?

And after one season of the Knicks super poor Program plus his 2nd head-coach in 2nd-season DM would've been on the KP Train !!!

pat

Starter
And after one season of the Knicks super poor Program plus his 2nd head-coach in 2nd-season DM would've been on the KP Train !!!

Exactly. Or our poor player development would have turned him into a second unit spark plug off the bench. The problem was never who we drafted, but rather what this cluster-f#%k of an organisation turned them int.

Kiyaman

Legend
Exactly. Or our poor player development would have turned him into a second unit spark plug off the bench. The problem was never who we drafted, but rather what this cluster-f#%k of an organisation turned them int.

I had to give head-coach Quin Snyder his "BIG-PROPA's for Donovan Mitchell rookie season having to deal with 4 talented-Project guards to use in his season rotation .. Rubio, Hood, Burks, and DM.

Last night, I watched the Spurs vs 76ers game .. and coach Pop's Spurs are missing a leading-guard & point-forward to run Pop's creativeness .... The Embiid & Simmons 76ers took the lead at tip-off and coasted throughout the game for a easy win.

Last night, MVP Harden & Westbrook Rockets went head to head again against Clippers Coach Doc's BIG-5 Kawhi/Lou/PG3/Bev/Harrell ... 122 - 119 Clippers win .. the season series is at 1-1

mafra

Legend
Doncic, KP and Timmy lead DAL last HOU...

Timmy better than DSJ and he was another salary dump....

Would you prefer Timmy over Ellington, Bullock, EP, Portis and Randle?

I think Randle is a better player than THJ, but Fizdale has turned Randle into a clown by using him as a perimeter ball handler instead of a low post scorer crashing the boards on each end of the floor.

THJ is better than those other 4 guys though. Portis has his moments, but that?s about it.

Kiyaman

Legend

Yes, Timmy had 31 pts 5 ast, and 2 steals today in Mavs win over the Rockets, plus Timmy's scoring talent is much better than DSJ/Ellington/Payton/and Bullock when Timmy's under one of the top-10 head coaches in the league Rick Carlisle.
KP had 23 pts 13 rbs 3 ast 2 stl and 1 Blk .... Yes, the Knicks KP trade to the Mavs were the Knicks giving up a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali truck for a 2010 Toyota Prius. Mavs 11-5 record compared to Knicks 4-12 record.
Doncic's 41 pts 10 rbs and 6 Dimes today over the Rockets were 4 ast short of a triple-double WIN.

tiger0330

Legend
The best game I saw this season is the Bulls Hornets game.

Lavine was on fire hitting 13-17 threes including the game winner to give the Bulls a come from behind victory in an improbable finish. CHA was up by 5 pts 115-110 with 7 seconds left and Satoransky made a 3 cutting the lead to 115-113, CHA attempted to inbound it but it got stolen by a Bulls trap and the ball wound up in Zaks hands in the paint near the basket, he dribbles it to the 3pt line at the right elbow and launches a 3 as the clock expires to give the Bulls the win.

Lavine had played poorly for several games and was benched by Boylan in the previous game for lack of hustle but I don't think Boylan is going bench Zack again after his career night.

Broadway

All Star
I think Randle is a better player than THJ, but Fizdale has turned Randle into a clown by using him as a perimeter ball handler instead of a low post scorer crashing the boards on each end of the floor.

THJ is better than those other 4 guys though. Portis has his moments, but that?s about it.

Yeah we can't stack every player from the trade against 1 asset of ours. It was a trade allowing us to acquire cap space, so theoretically we could take out best free agents and compare them to the players we gave up

#kporzee>>>DSJ
Morris>>>THJ
Randle>>>Lee

Also that was like maybe only their 3rd game where they both played well next to Donchiss...who's practically been a 1 Man show and league MVP candidate. They are playing better of recent

mafra

Legend
Melo with 25-8.... POR could be a factor come May.... not bc of Melo, of course... but they got a balanced team. We shall see. If not now, then when for Dillard and McCullum?

mafra

Legend
Giannis with a 50 burger... DMitch has game tying shot blocked at rim by Lopez.

Murant and JJax showing MEM has a bright future....

tiger0330

Legend
Melo with 25-8.... POR could be a factor come May.... not bc of Melo, of course... but they got a balanced team. We shall see. If not now, then when for Dillard and McCullum?
He was good. Continue to be impressed with his conditioning playing 31 mins after a year long layoff. We got a guy that misses 10 days in DSJ and they start talking about rust and conditioning problems because of the time he missed. You would also think opposing teams would test him but he was defending Laurie very well so defense at least for this game was very good, his 3 ball might have also improved in his layoff but of course we're going to have to see a bigger sample to see if it has.

I said POR would cut him but he may have found the right situation for him. POR lost a lot of guys in Aminu, Leyman, Turner so they could use a rejuvenated Melo.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
He was good. Continue to be impressed with his conditioning playing 31 mins after a year long layoff. We got a guy that misses 10 days in DSJ and they start talking about rust and conditioning problems because of the time he missed. You would also think opposing teams would test him but he was defending Laurie very well so defense at least for this game was very good, his 3 ball might have also improved in his layoff but of course we're going to have to see a bigger sample to see if it has.

I said POR would cut him but he may have found the right situation for him. POR lost a lot of guys in Aminu, Leyman, Turner so they could use a rejuvenated Melo.

He played well right before the Rockets waived him. What he's doing now isn't really surprising considering the continuance of his career literally depends on him being a non disrupter while being productive. I think the Blazers had lost 4 straight since his first start. It's always going to be about his FIT. Now he could've been a Blazer a while ago but declined funny how he sobered up to being there

They might be an ideal FIT for him but it will be interesting to see how he plays if and when they get healthy. At some point he'll have to play defense and be given a lesser role. Dame just came back, so we'll see