Other NBA games and League

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I don't follow much what happens around the league, but what the hell is wrong with the Hawks? They had an amazing 9-2 start only to fall 10-11 right now.:wwf:

tiger0330

Legend
I don't follow much what happens around the league, but what the hell is wrong with the Hawks? They had an amazing 9-2 start only to fall 10-11 right now.:wwf:
I thought that hot start was the aberration. 2 seasons ago they were playing Warriors bball, taking high % of 3s, driving the ball for layups or getting fouled. This season they picked up Dwight who can't shoot from outside and doesn't make his FTs, not a great fit for that system that was successful for them. Schroder is not having a bad year except he's turning the ball over as is the whole team and unlike when they had Teague and he came in to relieve him, they don't have a guy like him to come in to relieve him. Milsap has been out for 3 games and Korver and Bazemore are having meh years.

Bottom line they weren't as good as that 9-2 record and not as bad as this losing streak. .500 team might be who they are.

Kiyaman

Legend
Klay Thompson's Incredible Game .. scoring 60 points in 29 minutes!
I have to put Klay performance 2nd to Wilt Chamberlain 100 point performance.
Klay Thompson was unconscious, dropping 60 points on the Pacers in only 3 quarters.

Russell Westbrook has extended his streak of triple-doubles to six straight games in Atlanta.
Westbrook already had 15 points and 11 rebounds when he picked up his 10th assist with 6:20 left in the third quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
Klay Thompson's Incredible Game .. scoring 60 points in 29 minutes!
I have to put Klay performance 2nd to Wilt Chamberlain 100 point performance.
Klay Thompson was unconscious, dropping 60 points on the Pacers in only 3 quarters.

Russell Westbrook has extended his streak of triple-doubles to six straight games in Atlanta.
Westbrook already had 15 points and 11 rebounds when he picked up his 10th assist with 6:20 left in the third quarter.
When I heard he scored 60 in 29 mins I thought why didn't Kerr keep him in all 48 to see if he could break Kobes 80 or Wilts 100. He did put up 33 shots a nice night but it would have been nice to see what he could have done in 48.

Warriors again look like the team to beat. I knew KD had to change his game to make up for some of that size they lost and he's doing that, his size, wing span and athleticism make him a good rebounder and rim protector.

Kiyaman

Legend
When I heard he scored 60 in 29 mins I thought why didn't Kerr keep him in all 48 to see if he could break Kobes 80 or Wilts 100. He did put up 33 shots a nice night but it would have been nice to see what he could have done in 48.

Warriors again look like the team to beat. I knew KD had to change his game to make up for some of that size they lost and he's doing that, his size, wing span and athleticism make him a good rebounder and rim protector.

The 29 minutes (and 33 fga) are what makes Klay Thompson 60 point night great n outstanding, plus Klay team won the game by scoring a season high 142 - 106 over Pacers, by GS shooting 52% taking 104 fga .. Team-Ballin

GS Warriors having so many dynamic scorers in their rotation may become their weakness during the postseason games, especially if the sole of the team Draymond Green (Charles Barley) catch a bad injury.

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets set an NBA record making 24 3s against the Pels but what really caught my eye was they attempted 61 3s which broke the record of 50 attempts they set this season. I remember when the Knicks took 31 3s one night when D'ants was coaching and guys were screaming that was way too many.

I said in a post when they hired D'Antoni that I expected the Rox to set club records for 3 pt shooting but its going to be league records not club records. They're winning so you can't criticize the style of play, brilliant move by D'ants to make Harden his PG. He broke the Dreams triple double record yesterday becoming the player with the most triple doubles in Rox history, something I don't think Harden would have done if D'Antoni hadn't made the move to make Harden the PG.

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets set an NBA record making 24 3s against the Pels but what really caught my eye was they attempted 61 3s which broke the record of 50 attempts they set this season. I remember when the Knicks took 31 3s one night when D'ants was coaching and guys were screaming that was way too many.
A day after setting the NBA record of 61 3s the Rox took 51 against the TWolves and it helped the Rox come back from 12 down with a little over 2 mins to go to tie the game and send it to OT and the win.

The MN announcers kept saying throughout the game when the Wolves were holding a double digit lead that it could vanish like that with the Rox shooting and they were right.

Fun game to watch, I'd love to see if CLee took 7-12 3s a game whether he could keep up that 40percent shooting behind the arc.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight, a 2nd round 60th draft pick Isaiah Thomas scored 29 pts in the 4th quarter plus 52 pts for the game in a 117-114 Celtrics win over Miami Heat.

My 2016-17 top runners for the MVP after 30 games are:
#1 - Westbrook
#2 - Harden
#3 - Lebron
#4 - Durant
#5 - Isaiah Thomas
#6 - Officials

Kiyaman

Legend
ESPN Sources: Free agent Lance Stephenson ahead of schedule in recovery from groin tear. Barring setback, could be ready for return mid-Jan.

HELP! HELP! HELP!
We Knicks fans need some defensive-help on the wing n backcourt.
Right now .. I dont care how many technicals or fouls Lance Stephenson get a game .. we need all Stephenson defensive-energy around our players.

Why Phil Jackson did not sign Lance Stephenson in offseason after he added several new players to the Knicks that played in the same (central) division with Lance Stephenson for several seasons (Rose, Noah, Jennings).
There was no reason to resign Lance Thomas when a multi-position Lance Stephenson were available!
Having a bench tandem of Jennings and Lance Stephenson off the bench challenging starters Rose and C.Lee for minutes would've been something extra to watch in a Knicks season.

Without Rondo n D.Wade the Chicago Bulls Jimmy Butler gathered 52 pts to help Bulls top the Hornets.
A swollen knee makes Dwyane Wade a game-time decision vs. Cavs tonite .. those who used D.Wade in their fantasy the other night vs Hornets got tag with a DNP

Kiyaman

Legend
The NY Knicks 7th pick in 2002 draft Nene Hilario .. won the game for the Rockets over OKC from the FT line having a 17 minute performance, scoring 18 pts on 100% FG shooting.
Watching the OKC vs Rockets game after the Knicks loss to the Bucks young Giannis last shot ...the leagues top-2 MVP candidates went at it trying their best to get a high-light Triple-Double win .. Harden got the win .. but neither Harden or Westbrook got a triple-double stat in the game.

The 1980-90's had the best and most creative-athletic talent NBA players during a 20 year period in NBA History.
In those 20 years u witness in NBA ball so many types of athletic defensive talent and twice as many athletic-offensive talent in a regular season .. in other words no matter how great the player, the NBA regular season teams had better defensive coaches (for 20 yrs) that were not allowing any triple-double stats by a single player more than 1 out of 20 games.
Our NBA now is weak .....

Kiyaman

Legend
Memphis Grizz hard defense of Gasol/Zach/Allen held the 31-6 record GS Warriors from scoring 120 pts for a Grizz Win.
Great Game ...i didn't think Durant would have mixed so well into GS system early in the season so well, Durant's team-ball-talent has fit perfect in the 9 half man-rotation GS Warriors run ..
Durant has average 35 minute, 26 pts, 53% FG, 86% FT, 9 rbds, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 2 TO, in all 37 games this season ..
I had to tie Durant with Lebron as the 3rd candidate for MVP bc the GS Warriors hasnt lost a step but picked up a step or two this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Without Embiid, 76ers upset Griffin and Clippers, 121-110

The Sixers rallied from 19 points down and proved yet again they are now a team trying to win games instead of tank seasons. Nerlens Noel scored 19 points, Richaun Holmes had 18 ....
The 76ers started the New Year off on a 9-3 run in Jan.
Head-Coach Brett Brown has 12 players on the same-page playing team-ball on both sides of the court .. the 76ers one point win over us, plus beating the Raptors this month wasn't a fluke.

Beal, Wall lead Wizards to 123-108 victory over Celtics on the end of a back to back win

John Wall added 27 points, and Markieff Morris had 19 points and 11 rebounds as the Wizards exacted some revenge after complaining of dirty play in two previous meetings with the Celtics.
The Wizards been on a 11-4 run since Christmas .. John Wall been playing like a East All-Star player.

Kiyaman

Legend
OKC Thunder Enes Kanter fractured his right forearm punching his hand on a chair on the Thunder bench in the second quarter of a 109-98 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday and could miss up to two months, league sources told ESPN.

The Chicago Bulls even more messed up than we are- Butler and Wade blast all the role players on their team, the role players blast them for playing 'buddy ball', then Rondo blasts Wade and Butler for blasting the role players. Then their coach benches all three!

Philly beating Clippers on Griffin return .. make me continue to believe they'd consider moving Blake ..
I dont think the Clippers are interested in Melo or Love for Griffin or else they would've pulled the trade already.

Philadelphia is on fire. They're a better team than the Knicks, they're 10-3 in their last 13 games and get Ben Simmons back in a few weeks. Philly loss to Houston was a tough one on Philly not being a high scoring uptempo team 123-118

mafra

Legend
LAC blown out by the Warriors.... They have no chance beating GSW in the playoffs.... not without help from a blockbuster acquisition.

It's clear in the Eastern Conference:

Cavs are head-&-shoulder above everyone....

Toronto the second-best team with BOS nipping at their heels....

The Nets are the worst team....

After this, beyond these 4 teams, the other 11 squads (from ATL down to PHI) are all pretty much in the same boat.... only 10 games separate ATL from pHI.... 2 good weeks can move you up to 4th while 2 bad weeks could drop you to second worst in the conference.

I doubt much changes drastically from now until the trading deadline, which is basically right after the ASG.... it's going to be a seller's market bc a lot of teams will "still believe" the playoffs are within reach.

paris401

Starter
I'm not so sure about a sellers market... in the east if we agree that the cav's are the cream, I don't see a trade out there that will propel the raptors, or boston past...or equal to the cav's... ofcourse maybe the cav's do a big trade to get them closer to GState...

out west if we agree that GState is the cream, their only competition appears to be the spurs, n trailing behind are the paperclips, n maybe the rockets.. would a Me-Lo on the clips or rockets be enough to push past GS?? I don't think so... as to the spurs, I see no way Me-Lo going there...

but its going to be interesting....

Kiyaman

Legend
ex-Knick Tim Hardaway Jr. outscored the entire Rockets team in the 4Q with 23 of career-high 33 Pts in comeback win .. D.Howard got some payback also on his previous team by adding 24 points, 23 rebounds as Hawks pulled a late rally past Rockets 113-108

Kiyaman

Legend
Who has the best "Starter lineup in the East ....

Wizards center Marcin Gortat was asked if he thought Washington had the best starting lineup in the Eastern Conference.
“I would say yes,” Gortat replied. “I do truly believe that we have the best starting five in this conference. And if everybody’s healthy, everybody plays 100 percent max effort, then we definitely have the best starting lineup.”
While it’s at least a debatable proposition with the Toronto Raptors, the Boston Celtics, and especially the Cleveland Cavaliers, Washington’s scorching last few weeks have been due in no small part to the strength of their starting five. John Wall has led the charge with his dazzling all-around brilliance, and Bradley Beal and Markieff Morris complement him perfectly with their respective shot-making abilities. Meanwhile, Otto Porter Jr. leads the league in three-point percentage, is rebounding at a high rate, and is defending well, while Gortat himself continues to show why he’s one of the most overlooked centers in the league with his strong two-way production.
All things considered, the Wizards have leapt to fourth in the East and could vindicate Gortat, who is now singing a much different tune about the team, by keeping it up through the second half of the season and the playoffs

mafra

Legend
A disappointing season for Minny....Thibs establishing something, you hope. Adding another lottery pick will help. KAT is the real deal....

But.... where to go from here? Personally, Rubio and Levine backcourt doesn't work. They need to flip Rubio for something that works better, let the rookie PG Dunn play.... figure out what they have and strike it rich with a top pick.

I'd be happy to send them Rose for Rubio. Lol.