Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12324256575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I’d rather have RJ than 8, 10, and 17 picks this year and I’m guessing NO would feel the same way.

I think this means Brooklyn has confidence in signing Kyrie. I don’t think Durant will go to Brooklyn, but there are certainly other players to target. If Brooklyn does get Kyrie, then I can’t see them resigning D’Angelo Russell. Things are going to be crazy as of June 30/July 1.

Unlike the Nets, I like our future with or without big signings this off-season. The Nets, if they strike out in free agency, have certainly limited their options by continuing to trade away 1st round picks.
    Wow! The Nets are lowering their cap to go after one or two major star FA players (Durant/Butler/Cuz) .. I will admit I liked the way the Nets 3 PG handle the Nets offense/defense last season .. Russell, Dinwiddie and Napier .. to add Kyrie would be taking a step backwards in their guard rotation.
    The Nets adding a high IQ SF Taurean Prince to their rotation to be DeMarre Carroll backup are a great lift-up to a better season.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Wow! The Nets are lowering their cap to go after one or two major star FA players (Durant/Butler/Cuz) .. I will admit I liked the way the Nets 3 PG handle the Nets offense/defense last season .. Russell, Dinwiddie and Napier .. to add Kyrie would be taking a step backwards in their guard rotation.
    The Nets adding a high IQ SF Taurean Prince to their rotation to be DeMarre Carroll backup are a great lift-up to a better season.
    DeMarre Carroll made 15.4 million last season and is a free agent this offseason. If the Nets do land star free agents, that means both Russell and Carroll are likely not on the team next season.

12th man

DeMarre Carroll made 15.4 million last season and is a free agent this offseason. If the Nets do land star free agents, that means both Russell and Carroll are likely not on the team next season.
    The trade showed the Nets took AD out the picture, and are looking to spend some big $$$ in the off-season, if the right FA come along the Nets probably won't mind paying the penalty for resigning late going over the cap next season ....
    The Nets made the playoffs !!! Off of their top 4 players same-page performance .. Russell Dinwiddle Carroll and Jarrett Allen's BlockParty in the paint .. those 4 players are Nets Keepers. The Nets front-office are hoping their low salary-cap, and playoff season will get ONE of the 2019 top FA to be interested in signing a $$$ offer-sheet (hopefully a SG or Forward) .. Durant/ Klay/ Butler/ Middleton/ Harris on July 1st.

D'Angelo Russell season performance were much-much better than the Hornets Kemba Walker's season performance.
    DeMarre Carroll's veteran service did a well job mentoring Davis & Allen on dominating the front-court throughout the season.
    Brooklyn Nets front-office liked the idea of the Knicks not making the Playoffs, and they did.

Veteran

Kyrie splits ties with his agent and joins Roc Nation, Jay Z’s group. Sounds to me like he is going to be a Net.

Veteran

Kemba willing to take less than supermax to stay with Charlotte. He is not going anywhere.

Kemba willing to take less than supermax to stay with Charlotte. He is not going anywhere.
    The 29-year-old Walker said he’s eager to hear what other teams have to offer.

“That all factors in (to my decision) when I sit down with the teams and hear what guys have to say,” Walker said. “I think that will all come into play. I’m not really sure right now. Like I said Charlotte is my first priority and I have to see what (the Hornets) have to offer, as well as other teams.”

There has been plenty of speculation about where Walker might end up, including with the Knicks because he grew up in the Bronx.

But Walker has repeatedly said he loves playing and living in Charlotte.

“I have been here for eight years, and it’s the team that drafted me,” Walker said. “So yeah it is my first priority. I don’t know if I will sign back with them, but they are my first priority.”

Walker said he doesn’t have a timetable for signing a contract but added he wouldn’t mind getting it done as soon as possible.

Asked if he was confident he’d re-sign with Charlotte, Walker shrugged his shoulders and said, “I have no clue.

“I don’t know,” Walker added. “This is where I want to be and if it doesn’t work out, it just doesn’t. I’m prepared.”

Sounds to me, if NYK lay out their vision... Sell KD coming back in 2021, or pairing KW with KL... talking about RJ/Ja along with Mitch, DSJ, Trier, Knox... 6 first rounders in 4 years.... well, a case can be made.

My thinking... if DSJ is our PG... than why shell out max money to Kyrie or Kemba? Use that money for roster filling pieces or a legit NBA PF...

Would Cousins and Morris help more at that price? You know, stuff like that. Plus, what if MEM takes RJ... with Ja and DSJ... who needs Kemba?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Sounds to me, if NYK lay out their vision... Sell KD coming back in 2021, or pairing KW with KL... talking about RJ/Ja along with Mitch, DSJ, Trier, Knox... 6 first rounders in 4 years.... well, a case can be made.

My thinking... if DSJ is our PG... than why shell out max money to Kyrie or Kemba? Use that money for roster filling pieces or a legit NBA PF...

Would Cousins and Morris help more at that price? You know, stuff like that. Plus, what if MEM takes RJ... with Ja and DSJ... who needs Kemba?
    DSJ has a lot to prove this season. The hope is he makes a D’Angelo Russell jump in performance. If we did land KD and he was healthy, no question that you’d want a better PG to “win now”. Instead, rolling with DSJ as our starter makes sense if we sign an injured KD.

Check out Steve Nash’s stats first 4 seasons in DAL (age 22-25 years)... he averaged about 8 points, 4 assists, 39% from downtown... Nash didn’t even arrive in PHO until 30.

I’m not saying DSJ is Nash, or even close to Kemba, but DSJ thru 3 seasons, still only 21, has career averages of 14 & 5...

We fans have been saying for years to rebuild the right way, be patient, and lay the foundations thru the draft...

But then we write off Knox after 1 year, Frank after 2 (both still just barely 20)...

Of course these kids have everything to prove... but if we’re patient and we let them grow... maybe they reward us when they hit their prime.

DSJ
    RJ
    Knox
    Robinson

This might be a championship core4 right now. Maybe all 4 are busts... but we won’t know unless we endure 3 seasons of these cats playing together... then, when DSJ is 25...and the rest are in closer to 25 than teenagers... will it start to pay dividends.

This is why KD is huge. He raises all boats and will be more instrumental grooming this foundation than being valuable carrying the franchise on the court.

Veteran

Check out Steve Nash’s stats first 4 seasons in DAL (age 22-25 years)... he averaged about 8 points, 4 assists, 39% from downtown... Nash didn’t even arrive in PHO until 30.

I’m not saying DSJ is Nash, or even close to Kemba, but DSJ thru 3 seasons, still only 21, has career averages of 14 & 5...

We fans have been saying for years to rebuild the right way, be patient, and lay the foundations thru the draft...

But then we write off Knox after 1 year, Frank after 2 (both still just barely 20)...

Of course these kids have everything to prove... but if we’re patient and we let them grow... maybe they reward us when they hit their prime.

DSJ
    RJ
    Knox
    Robinson

This might be a championship core4 right now. Maybe all 4 are busts... but we won’t know unless we endure 3 seasons of these cats playing together... then, when DSJ is 25...and the rest are in closer to 25 than teenagers... will it start to pay dividends.

This is why KD is huge. He raises all boats and will be more instrumental grooming this foundation than being valuable carrying the franchise on the court.
    The problem is that guys come into the league young and then you have to make a decision on signing them past their rookie deal when they are still in their early 20s.

Look at Mudiay. Dude is only 23 and arguably a better PG than DSJ, but he is likely a non-factor for us because we’re not going to spend cap space on him now that’s done with his rookie deal when we have DSJ on a rookie deal still.

DSJ needs to step up this coming season for me to have any faith in him for the long-term. To be fair though, I wasn’t big on him coming out of the draft.

Veteran

WTF. Klay Thompson tore his ACL last night. He’ll be out most, if not all, of next season. Another star free agent on the shelf. Disastrous turn of events for Klay and GS.

Also, Ujiri punched a cop last night?

12th man

WTF. Klay Thompson tore his ACL last night. He’ll be out most, if not all, of next season. Another star free agent on the shelf. Disastrous turn of events for Klay and GS.

Also, Ujiri punched a cop last night?
    Ujiri was trying to get to the floor for the awards presentation and some dumb cop tried to stop him. Ujiri tried to get past him and probably because Ujiri was a lot taller than the cop one of his attempts to get by the cop caught the cop by his face. I doubt he literally took a punch at the cop.

12th man

The problem is that guys come into the league young and then you have to make a decision on signing them past their rookie deal when they are still in their early 20s.

Look at Mudiay. Dude is only 23 and arguably a better PG than DSJ, but he is likely a non-factor for us because we’re not going to spend cap space on him now that’s done with his rookie deal when we have DSJ on a rookie deal still.

DSJ needs to step up this coming season for me to have any faith in him for the long-term. To be fair though, I wasn’t big on him coming out of the draft.
    What DSJr performance showed us in a Knicks uniform, I have to say Kadeem and Frank are a much better PG than DSJr .. the Dallas Mavs having a young star Point-foward Doncic gave up DSJr to quick in the Knicks KP trade for me not to be questionable bout DSJr team-performance on the court.

Pelicans send AD to Lakers for Ingram, Ball, Hart, and 3 first rounders.

Lol!!!

NO couldn’t even get Kuzma!

This package tells me NYK and BOS wasn’t all-in here.... I’m surprised bc I though a mystery team, like HOU it DEN, was going to jump in to this thing.

Veteran

Pelicans send AD to Lakers for Ingram, Ball, Hart, and 3 first rounders.

Lol!!!

NO couldn’t even get Kuzma!

This package tells me NYK and BOS wasn’t all-in here.... I’m surprised bc I though a mystery team, like HOU it DEN, was going to jump in to this thing.
    This trade is a catastrophe for the Lakers if AD doesn’t sign at the end of the season, even if they got to keep Kuzma. 3 1st rounders and 3 good young players for an expiring contract. Wow.

Glad we didn’t make this deal because we can still make a play for AD in free agency a year from now and not give up anyone.

Congratulations Knicks fans! MRob and RJ Barrett (or maybe Ja Morant) are a part of our future!