Other NBA games and League

paris401

Starter
Stop it. You're too old to be a troll.

you are right... BUT... u made the orig 'speculation' comment... making a comment like that without anything... nada...nil to back it up SUCKS big time... if you are a black guys making that comment without an iota of facts to back it up ... it SUCKS... same if u are a white guy....

so i will close saying adios to this site... this is the last time i will visit this site... elvis has left the building and won't return

you are right... BUT... u made the orig 'speculation' comment... making a comment like that without anything... nada...nil to back it up SUCKS big time... if you are a black guys making that comment without an iota of facts to back it up ... it SUCKS... same if u are a white guy....

so i will close saying adios to this site... this is the last time i will visit this site... elvis has left the building and won't return

Why did this escalate so quickly? I feel like you guys just need to take a minute and cool off and this will be fine. This forum of like 8 active posters. No one on here has a pattern of racism that I?ve seen.

tiger0330

Legend
Why did this escalate so quickly? I feel like you guys just need to take a minute and cool off and this will be fine. This forum of like 8 active posters. No one on here has a pattern of racism that I’ve seen.
Paris is a negative nilly when it comes to the Knicks, never heard a positive comment out of him about anyone or anything about the Knicks. He doesn't post or contribute much so we're not going to miss him if he decides to leave, didn't know he was so thin skinned either the way he throws out the barbs he throws around.

tiger0330

Legend
Complete hatchet job on Atkinson. Kyrie, Durant, Jordan, Dinwiddie, and their agents want to run the Nets.

No way they bring in Thibodeau, JVG, or even Mark Jackson. Tyronn Lue seems like he is destined to get the Brooklyn job.
Really think Marks wants Jacques to succeed, that article mentions that Marks likes the entire coaching staff and Vaughn does have previous head coaching experience.

Really think Marks wants Jacques to succeed, that article mentions that Marks likes the entire coaching staff and Vaughn does have previous head coaching experience.

I think you could be right and Vaughn could play the role of head coach following star directions instead of Lue. He?s off to a good start of keeping the job long term by switching DeAndre Jordan into the starting lineup.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! Atkinson took a broken down Nets organization to make them into play-off opponents.
It was Atkinson head coaching performance last season that had Durant Kyrie and DJ sign with the Nets organization.
After his Firing .. should Atkinson feel he been USED ???

Interesting aspect of the Atkinson/Nets story is that Kyrie and Durant wanted a clear hierarchy to the offense established with 1st and 2nd scoring options installed at the top. Atkinson instead utilized an equal opportunity offense that prioritized ball movement and finding the best shot opportunity on each play.

What?s interesting about this is that Atkinson?s style of offense was supposedly similar to the ball movement oriented style of the Golden State Warriors. Gee, Durant, didn?t like winning much in GS if it didn?t mean you were the clear top scoring option, huh?

Also, DeAndre Jordan never got over being told by the front office he was going to be the starting center and then coming off the bench all season.

Fun fact: as a starting center, Jarrett Allen was 2nd in the NBA in double doubles (behind only Luka Doncic).

tiger0330

Legend
Kenny because of that strong player development background may be the best coach the Knicks could hire. Stories floating around that he at least should be considered, I think not only because of the player development aspect but he’s in tune with today’s game. Taking the Nets from a franchise crippled by bad trades and no draft picks to becoming playoff contenders was no small feat.

Kenny because of that strong player development background may be the best coach the Knicks could hire. Stories floating around that he at least should be considered, I think not only because of the player development aspect but he’s in tune with today’s game. Taking the Nets from a franchise crippled by bad trades and no draft picks to becoming playoff contenders was no small feat.

I don?t think JVG is a real option and something tells me our front office won?t pursue Mark Jackson. In light of that, I think that Atkinson is a realistic #2 option behind Thibodeau for me.

According to Adam Zagoria, online betting likes Tyronn Lue as next Nets head coach and Kenny Atkinson as next Knicks head coach.

To be fair, these sites have no inside knowledge and are just playing off media buzz.

tiger0330

Legend
Nets beat the Lakers who are coming off two big wins against a Bucks team w/ Giannis and a healthy Clippers team trying to set the tone for the playoffs as the team to beat. Unbelievable W for their new coach and a 2 game win streak for him, that Jordan promotion and starting Chandler instead of Prince along with playing guys Kenny never played Caberrot and a guy the Wiz waived Ciozza is working so far. Caberrot was only 5-13 but 13 pts with a couple of big 3s. Ciozza was attacking and dishing with 11 pts and looks to be a decent pickup but he's 5'11", only guy that's 5'11" I want playing for me is Jordan McGlaughlin of the Wolves after seeing him throw down a tomahawk dunk.

Little bit of luck involved when a team like the Nets beat the Lakers with Lebron missing a layup with seconds left and the Nets leaving AD wide open on the left wing for a game winning 3 after he hit a game tying 3 a minute earlier.

Last edited:
Allen didn?t start in LA. Scored 3 points with 7 rebounds.

You have to imagine his agent is going to work quickly to pursue any possible options to get him out of Brooklyn. As a starter, Allen is going to be a top double double big man in the league in line for a big contract. As a backup, his future is much more uncertain.

mafra

Legend
Just funny how the media perception was that KD and Kyrie loves the culture and everything.... They touted the bright you g HC as another reason free agents attracted to BKLayN.

It?s all crap.

KD loves culture so much he got HC fired. DJ another tool.

mafra

Legend
TRAE YOUNG
PG, ATLANTA HAWKS

Trae Young gave out his phone number to fans during his HORSE loss to Chauncey Billups on Sunday.
ESPN showed the phone number (404/737-4344) in a graphic during the contest and Young said he's trying to stay connected to his fans during the quarantine. "I'm excited about it, being able to stay in contact with everybody through this way. I'm gonna post my number and you all text me and we'll be able to stay in contact." Pretty cool move by Young and it will be interesting to see how many of his fans actually get texts back from Young over the next few weeks. He lost his HORSE matchup with Chauncey Billups, who will be joined by Mike Conley, Zach LaVine and Allie Quigley, who defeated Chris Paul, in the Final Four, to be televised on April 16 at 9 p.m.

mafra

Legend
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/i...de-national-boys-basketball-player-year-award

Emoni Bates, considered one of the best high school prospects since LeBron James, won the Gatorade National Boys Basketball Player of the Year Award on Tuesday, becoming the first sophomore to ever win the award.

Bates, a 6-foot-9 wing with a smooth offensive game and elite shooting ability, is ranked No. 1 in the ESPN 25 for the 2022 class. The Lincoln High (Ypsilanti, Michigan) sophomore is considered the best high school prospect in the country regardless of class.

Bates won Michigan's Gatorade Player of the Year award as a freshman after leading Lincoln to its first state championship. He averaged 32.4 points, 9.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.2 steals in 2018-19.

As a sophomore, Bates led Lincoln to a 19-3 record and a spot in the District 18 state tournament final against Ann Arbor Huron, which was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Bates, who turned 16 in late January, had arguably the best game of his career on Feb. 18, when he finished with 63 points and 21 rebounds in a double-overtime win over Chelsea.

This is the 35th year Gatorade has given out the award, and Bates is the first player who will have the opportunity to win it three times. James, Greg Oden and Brandon Knight won it two times apiece, while other past winners include Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Alonzo Mourning and Ben Simmons.

James Wiseman won the award in 2018-19.