Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
If you’re Dallas, you’re pretty pissed about last night. Winnable game derailed by the KP ejection.
Porzingis was an idiot. He knew he had a T already and then getting in the middle of Morris Sr. And Doncic was going to get you another one. Dallas can only blame themselves.

mafra

Legend
Yeah? The KP ejection not on par to Ewing getting suspended. He knew he had a tech. Still, both techs were bogus.

Looks like Playoff Paul is back. CP3 playing poorly...

tiger0330

Legend
Well, Portland did it. Grabbed game 1 and backed up the hype. Lakers might really be in trouble.
3-5 in the bubble, scored 93 points against a team that usually allows 120. Confirmed my feeling they could be had, still only 1 game but guys like Green, KCP and those guys they picked up for shooting like Waiters and JR need to get untracked. KCP scored 1 pt tonight and Danny has been shooting 25% from deep in the bubble, they keep playing like that and Lebron will probably retire.

tiger0330

Legend
Natives are restless in PHI calling for Brett Browns head. Funniest tweet I saw was SVG is out coaching Brown and he’s announcing the game. 7 years at the helm, I’d day it’s time for a change

It has to be disappointing for Philly. After all these years of ?Trust the Process?, instead of being a dominant team in the East, they are going to likely get ousted in the 1st round. Injuries or not, it has to be a real blow to the franchise. Brett Brown seems unlikely to survive.

mafra

Legend
I thought it was a make or break year for 2 rosters, and that?s PHI and POR. As in, this final test for their 2 star dynamic. Will Simmons-Embiid and / or DL-CJMc work as top duos. I think we have e our answer.

tiger0330

Legend
Sixers get swept for the first time in 15 playoff matches with the Celts. First question is does Brown survive? They were discussing it at the end of the game and they were saying Brett may be the scapegoat but it wasn't entirely his fault because of some questionable player moves. I'd agree with that but the guy that made those moves is the guy going to make the d?cision on whether to fire the coach. 7 years its time for a change esp after finishing as a 6th seed and saying the team is built for the playoffs.

Brown is a career 221 - 344 as head coach. He survived some awful rosters to coach a winning team these last few years, but now he?s getting called out that he didn?t want to keep Jimmy Butler from last year and so they ended up with a worse team this year. Brown is a goner.

tiger0330

Legend
The greatness of Luka. After Morris Sr. hits a 3 with 10 secs left to give the Clips a 1 pt lead and a near win, Luka takes a long 3 at the buzzer to snatch the victory from them. Luka with 43 pt triple double, think he had his trip!e double in the second qtr and Mavs win without his sidekick Porzingis who was a game time scratch because of a sore knee.

Huge win for Dallas to even series at 2 - 2. Doncic played despite injuring ankle in game 3 and had a massive triple double.

KP, however, was a late scratch with knee soreness. Supposedly, this is his other knee, not his repaired knee, but still, how can he not play in game 4 of the playoffs down 2 to 1? I think Dallas is more scared of KP?s longevity than they want other teams to think.

KP in year 1 of a 5 year 158 million dollar deal.

tiger0330

Legend
Huge win for Dallas to even series at 2 - 2. Doncic played despite injuring ankle in game 3 and had a massive triple double.

KP, however, was a late scratch with knee soreness. Supposedly, this is his other knee, not his repaired knee, but still, how can he not play in game 4 of the playoffs down 2 to 1? I think Dallas is more scared of KP’s longevity than they want other teams to think.

KP in year 1 of a 5 year 158 million dollar deal.
He was walking around pretty normally on the bench from what I saw, also didn't see any ice packs or trainers working with him so I think it was more precautionary.

Luka was amazing because I saw him grimace going down the court early in the game, at the end though you would never know he had an injured ankle. At the end of regulation he made this great spin move for a layup that you wouldn't expect from a guy with a bum wheel.

I remember all those buzzer beaters that Melo took and missed, which inevitably brought up his mediocre clutch shot record. This kid at the ripe old age of 21 playing in his first playoffs is going to have everyone talking about his game today and "The Shot".

Last edited:
He was walking around pretty normally on the bench from what I saw, also didn't see any ice packs or trainers working with him so I think it was more precautionary.

Luka was amazing because I saw him grimace going down the court early in the game, at the end though you would never know he had an injured ankle. At the end of regulation he made this great spin move for a layup that you wouldn't expect from a guy with a bum wheel.

I remember all those buzzer beaters that Melo took and missed, which inevitably brought up his mediocre clutch shot record. This kid at the ripe old age of 21 playing in his first playoffs is going to have everyone talking about his game today and "The Shot".

Yeah, that?s what I mean about the precautionary thing with KP. Dallas seems scared to death about KP staying healthy. I mean, if they beat the Clippers, they could win the championship and they?re sitting KP as a precautionary move down 2 to 1? Crazy.

Meanwhile, no such concerns with Doncic, a much better player.

mafra

Legend
KP showing in year 1 why NYK couldn?t give him a max second contract. This was an 8 day season before playoffs and KP?s good knee couldn?t hold up.

A shame, but his body just won?t hold up. Oh, and his skills is very good... borderline all star... but not 30-40 mil a year max type.

mafra

Legend
Murray and Mitchell with over 40.... both could?ve been Knicks draft picks... and we still looking for a PG.

Someone mentioned this elsewhere on the internet. Think about how much the Clippers traded away for Paul George and then imagine they lose in the 1st round to Dallas.

Will the Clippers get destroyed by the media for it? Will they get mocked like we do? Doubt it.

mafra

Legend
Curry, who is the younger brother of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry, drove to the hoop early in the fourth quarter of Dallas? wild 135-133 overtime win, drew a foul from George and hit the layup.

He turned to George and called him ?b?h a?? before walking to the line and hitting the bonus free throw.

It?s at this point the internet was quick to remind us that Curry is married to Callie Rivers, who George once dated.

It is one part of what has been a miserable postseason from George. After a stellar Game 1 against the Mavericks, George has shot 10-of-47 from the field and is averaging 11 points per game.

Rivers, who is the daughter of Clippers coach Doc Rivers, ended her relationship with George after he allegedly cheated on her with a stripper while in Miami. George saw the stripper, Daniela Rajic, for several months and they had a child together.

He had a paternity test and was found to be the father, but objected to having a relationship with his daughter, prompting Rajic to take him to court.

They settled ? and then later began seeing each other again and had a second daughter. They?re now in a full blown relationship and post cute family photos on social media all the time.

Rivers, meantime, hooked up with Curry, who played college basketball at Duke University with her brother, Austin. They were married last year and have a daughter of their own.

Now we have no reason to believe Sunday?s clash was anything more than just one pumped up basketballer trash talking another basketballer.

And if Doc Rivers can move on and be happy to coach a player who once allegedly cheated on his daughter, perhaps we should all move on to.

That story is nuts.

I just realized that when Dallas beats the Clippers, the story won?t be how Clippers gutted the franchise?s future to get Paul George and to lesser extent, Marcus Morris. The story instead will again be look at the stupid Knicks and how they traded away KP.

tiger0330

Legend
Curry, who is the younger brother of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry, drove to the hoop early in the fourth quarter of Dallas’ wild 135-133 overtime win, drew a foul from George and hit the layup.

He turned to George and called him “b–h a–” before walking to the line and hitting the bonus free throw.

It’s at this point the internet was quick to remind us that Curry is married to Callie Rivers, who George once dated.

It is one part of what has been a miserable postseason from George. After a stellar Game 1 against the Mavericks, George has shot 10-of-47 from the field and is averaging 11 points per game.

Rivers, who is the daughter of Clippers coach Doc Rivers, ended her relationship with George after he allegedly cheated on her with a stripper while in Miami. George saw the stripper, Daniela Rajic, for several months and they had a child together.

He had a paternity test and was found to be the father, but objected to having a relationship with his daughter, prompting Rajic to take him to court.

They settled — and then later began seeing each other again and had a second daughter. They’re now in a full blown relationship and post cute family photos on social media all the time.

Rivers, meantime, hooked up with Curry, who played college basketball at Duke University with her brother, Austin. They were married last year and have a daughter of their own.

Now we have no reason to believe Sunday’s clash was anything more than just one pumped up basketballer trash talking another basketballer.

And if Doc Rivers can move on and be happy to coach a player who once allegedly cheated on his daughter, perhaps we should all move on to.
I remember the part about the stripper but I didn’t know he was seeing Doc’s daughter at the time, happened when he was a Pacer. Didn’t know he was seeing Doc’s daughter though, Doc should be thankful a Curry is his son-in-law and not PG.

If the Clips manage to lose to the Mavs the story won’t be about the trade with the Knicks, it’ll be about PG and the egg he laid in the series. That said he’s too good not to get untracked in the next 3 games.

mafra

Legend
Maddog Russo ripping KP. Lupica and others writing articles blasting NYK for trading the Unicorn, but Russo notes:

He didn?t want to play for NYK
He?s a diva who was accused for rape
He?s injury prone
He tapped out of Game 4 bc he didn?t feel great during pre-game warmups. His knee hurt.

Doncic playing on a broken ankle and KP decides to sit Game 4 vs LAC!