Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Man, this Melo-bashing is relentless. It's downright comical....

Phil is the one that re-signed CA, instead of rebuilding.

Phil is the one that deal TC and failed to get anything in return -- he was offered Crowder and declined.

Phil is the one who failed to find a gen in the D-league -- we grabbed Langston Galloway while the Heat scooped up Hassan Whiteside.

Phil is the one who has failed to make a small but smart trade that would be a big boon for the team.... Like what's Ainge did last year at the deadline form isaiah Thomas.

Phil is the one who failed to lure any decent free agent here... Even tho it was believed he would be a closer, to snag these mega stars.

Phil is also the one who has demanded this team run a system that doesn't fit the talent....

Phil has also failed to change the culture.... couldn't get Kerr or Walton and had to settle on DF & JH after firing Woodsen.

Yes, he didn't swing and miss with KP (but he should've demanded we tank so we could get KAT).

Yes, his best move is finding WHG in the second round.

But Melo could be playing with IT, Crowder, and Whiteside.

I guarantee that if Melo had those 3.... the situation may be different.

It's easy to pile on melo, but unlike Melo.... at least he stands up an answer questions. And, If we are being objective, Melo has played with a hunch of BLAH type guys ever since he arrived. He's. Ever had a back court....

Put Melo with Kyrie and Lebron or IT and Horford or put him in LAC and watch what he does.

mafra

Legend
Isola writes, "We?re getting to the point when Dolan is going to analyze Jackson?s results. He won?t be happy. Before Jackson arrived, the Knicks with Carmelo on the team went 127-103. With Jackson, the Knicks are 71-146 including a 22-31 record this season.

If Jackson can write a book called ?Eleven Rings? he needs to own his Knicks record as well as opposed to passing blame to Carmelo. With the best leaders, accountability begins with them. And yet, Jackson refused to address Derrick Rose?s going AWOL. He refuses to address the state of his franchise.

The only time we hear from him is when he?s breaking up with his fiancee on Twitter or trying desperately to break up with Carmelo.

Or maybe this is Jackson just trying to break up with the Knicks."

tiger0330

Legend
Jackson's winning % so far in 2 1/2 seasons is .327. Isiah Thomas in 2 years as President .341 and another 2 years as President and coach .341. So you got a guy in PJ that's underperforming even Thomas whose years with the Knicks were a disaster.

If it's time for PJ to have a talk with Melo on leaving the Knicks it's time for Dolan to have the same discussion with Phil.

I'm glad to see we're all reaching the same conclusion. Until PJ is addressed as the problem with the Knicks, we're wasting time worrying about what happens with Melo.

Broadway

All Star
So many were spreading the mantra of..."In Phil and Fish We Trust"

my my...my my my how far we've come since then. I always thought Phil wasn't going to get it done. One of his first moves, never forget this folks involved Lamar Odom and yet this didn't strike enough fear into the gullible fan base. You can't root with only your heart anymore this is a new millennial age in which we have so much access to information where we can dam near calculate the results of many before they happen. Can't blindly accept the company line and carnival barking that comes with each off-season/new season. The demand for the absolute best product to be presented should be at the forefront every day, coming from the fan base

You have to root more with smarts, otherwise you're going to get burned and end up looking like complete fools. I'm not hurt if Melo and Phil's era ends soon, I never for one day believed in them for solid reasons. I feel bad for a guy like #kporzee even considering his 2nd season of regression but hopefully something positive becomes of all this when the smoke clears

Last edited:
So many were spreading the mantra of..."In Phil and Fish We Trust"

my my...my my my how far we've come since then. I always thought Phil wasn't going to get it done. One of his first moves, never forget this folks involved Lamar Odom and yet this didn't strike enough fear into the gullible fan base. You can't root with only your heart anymore this is a new millennial age in which we have so much access to information where we can dam near calculate the results of many before they happen. Can't blindly accept the company line and carnival barking that comes with each off-season/new season. The demand for the absolute best product to be presented should be at the forefront every day, coming from the fan base

You have to root more with smarts, otherwise you're going to get burned and end up looking like complete fools. I'm not hurt if Melo and Phil's era ends soon, I never for one day believed in them for solid reasons. I feel bad for a guy like #kporzee even considering his 2nd season of regression but hopefully something positive becomes of all this when the smoke clears

I was excited about this team and the direction PJ was giving it up until as recently as December. Now we're watching PJ antagonize Melo to get him to waive his no-trade clause. This is something straight out of Howard Stern's movie Private Parts. Even if you don't like Melo and think we can't win with him, no way can you be happy with how PJ is handling things.

Broadway

All Star
I was excited about this team and the direction PJ was giving it up until as recently as December. Now we're watching PJ antagonize Melo to get him to waive his no-trade clause. This is something straight out of Howard Stern's movie Private Parts. Even if you don't like Melo and think we can't win with him, no way can you be happy with how PJ is handling things.

There were so many red flags along the way, before this predictable blow up. Phil is being incredibly unprofessional but this isn't the first time. This fan base gave him a yr and a half free pass over those extremely TACKY "Phil Files" articles on ESPN...why? Now everyone wants to get bent out of shape because he's finally had enough of Melo? Once again this is picking and choosing and it's like the hypocrisy trickles down. Naaaah stay at the top all times, always be principled even if it internally rubs you a type of way, because right is right and wrong is wrong

This was never going to work much like D'Antoni and Melo never was going to work and no we shouldn't be desiring for Isiah Thomas return...just because he was tenth % pts better than Phil. Knicks should be trying to get the best not get someone who can at the very least do better

Noah and Rose last couple yrs with Bulls were agonizing for their fan base, why would it change here?

Lee, a career journey man who doesn't move the needle whatsoever

Brandon Jennings inefficiently laughable for his whole entire career

The rest of the Role Players and Roster Fodder might be the best of what's here but they aren't built for high usage

All of this Phil's doing and fans kept trying to give him B- B+ A- on moves he made every off-season, I was like huh?

He never made any impactful trades, he couldn't get any major free agent to meet with him seriously to sign here. Another reminder of an early bad sign the fan base co-signed, he declined trading for Kyle Lowry...how did that work out? Leading up to this current season I heard the excuse running strong that "Phil didn't have much to work with"...has that changed? Phil was terribly unprofessional/lazy well before the Melo Butt hurt that's currently going on.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Now we're at the point where Phil is blaming Melo for all this losing.... maybe even bc he wants Dolan to fire him. Melo is immune to the agony of defeat, so Wojo reports now on Yahoo that this bullying by PJ is strengthing Melo's resolve to remain in NY.

You can't make this up....

I wish losing would strengthen his resolve.... doesn't he realize losing devaulues his brand, which he cares so much about?

And Phil.... please just step down and accept that you failed.

If Melo isn't dealt.... I would say bench him so we can tank.... but we probably better off letting him shoot 35 times a game if piling up Ls is the goal.

There were so many red flags along the way, before this predictable blow up. Phil is being incredibly unprofessional but this isn't the first time. This fan base gave him a yr and a half free pass over those extremely TACKY "Phil Files" articles on ESPN...why? Now everyone wants to get bent out of shape because he's finally had enough of Melo? Once again this is picking and choosing and it's like the hypocrisy trickles down. Naaaah stay at the top all times, always be principled even if it internally rubs you a type of way, because right is right and wrong is wrong

This was never going to work much like D'Antoni and Melo never was going to work and no we shouldn't be desiring for Isiah Thomas return...just because he was tenth % pts better than Phil. Knicks should be trying to get the best not get someone who can at the very least do better

Noah and Rose last couple yrs with Bulls were agonizing for their fan base, why would it change here?

Lee, a career journey man who doesn't move the needle whatsoever

Brandon Jennings inefficiently laughable for his whole entire career

The rest of the Role Players and Roster Fodder might be the best of what's here but they aren't built for high usage

All of this Phil's doing and fans kept trying to give him B- B+ A- on moves he made every off-season, I was like huh?

He never made any impactful trades, he couldn't get any major free agent to meet with him seriously to sign here. Another reminder of an early bad sign the fan base co-signed, he declined trading for Kyle Lowry...how did that work out? Leading up to this current season I heard the excuse running strong that "Phil didn't have much to work with"...has that changed? Phil was terribly unprofessional/lazy well before the Melo Butt hurt that's currently going on.

Yeah, I agree with you for the most part. This whole situation just makes me sad at this point.

tiger0330

Legend
Here's something crazy I read. Dolan has been so happy not to take the heat for the Knicks losing that it's worth 12M yr to keep PJ around to be the fall guy instead of him. Sounds crazy but I believe it, 60M is chump change to Dolan and MSG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Now we're at the point where Phil is blaming Melo for all this losing.... maybe even bc he wants Dolan to fire him. Melo is immune to the agony of defeat, so Wojo reports now on Yahoo that this bullying by PJ is strengthing Melo's resolve to remain in NY.

You can't make this up....

I wish losing would strengthen his resolve.... doesn't he realize losing devaulues his brand, which he cares so much about?

And Phil.... please just step down and accept that you failed.

If Melo isn't dealt.... I would say bench him so we can tank.... but we probably better off letting him shoot 35 times a game if piling up Ls is the goal.

You would think the famous Zen master and Melo would have worked-out a quite trade where the public wouldn't have known anything until the day of the trade .. the twitter gossip by the Zen are immature to be from a president of operation of a team .. Phil Jackson still grades a "F" for Failure each season with the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
Nikola Jokic hit 7-of-13 shots for 17 points, 21 rebounds, 12 assists and two steals in Monday's blowout 132-110 win over the Warriors, racking up the second triple-double of his career.
Jokic set a career high in boards with this one and easily crushed his 20-13-11 triple-double from Feb. 3. This guy is tearing up the league right now and is making a case to be a Top 10 fantasy pick next season. He got off to a slow start this year, but is playing as well as anyone in the league these days, averaging 23 points, 12.4 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 3-pointers on 58 percent shooting over his last five.

tiger0330

Legend
Nikola Jokic hit 7-of-13 shots for 17 points, 21 rebounds, 12 assists and two steals in Monday's blowout 132-110 win over the Warriors, racking up the second triple-double of his career.
Jokic set a career high in boards with this one and easily crushed his 20-13-11 triple-double from Feb. 3. This guy is tearing up the league right now and is making a case to be a Top 10 fantasy pick next season. He got off to a slow start this year, but is playing as well as anyone in the league these days, averaging 23 points, 12.4 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 3-pointers on 58 percent shooting over his last five.
They shot lights out from 3 but I'm more impressed with their win with so many guys out. No Gallo, Faried, Chandler, Mudiay, Dorell and thy still managed to obliterate the besdt team in the league.

mafra

Legend
There is "concern" in Cleveland that Kevin Love (knee) "could be in line for an extended absence," according to Cleveland beat reporter Joe Vardon.
"I would love to be able to tell you that he'll miss three games and be back, but I can't right now because we don't know," general manager David Griffin said. Love has already been ruled out for Tuesday's game and appears extremely unlikely to play Wednesday. Love will get a second opinion on Tuesday, and we will have to wait until the team announces the results of that exam. Channing Frye will start at power forward on Tuesday. Kyrie Irving and LeBron James will be asked to shoulder more of the offensive load with Love sidelined.

Kiyaman

Legend

Denver Nuggets Nikola Jokic triple-double plus Juancho Hernangomez (Willie brother) double-double both big men perform like 10 year veterans outscoring the mighty GS Warriors 132-110 in a Denver WIN.

mafra

Legend
I didn't see it... thx for posting. It reminded me of when Paul George got that call at MSG when we barely grazed his elbow with a finger....

But, again, like we always say and why we cry foul.... Butler is a "star" on his home court and ref gave him the freebie. Refs routinely have quick whistles and after-the-fact whistles, especially late game scenarios.... bail out Ls and pick me ups....

Every star except for Melo, who routinely never gets a call. And, now we are seeing it with Rose.

What has Butler ever accomplished? Why does he get the star call but not Melo?

Broadway

All Star
I didn't see it... thx for posting. It reminded me of when Paul George got that call at MSG when we barely grazed his elbow with a finger....

But, again, like we always say and why we cry foul.... Butler is a "star" on his home court and ref gave him the freebie. Refs routinely have quick whistles and after-the-fact whistles, especially late game scenarios.... bail out Ls and pick me ups....

Every star except for Melo, who routinely never gets a call. And, now we are seeing it with Rose.

What has Butler ever accomplished? Why does he get the star call but not Melo?

Those aren't normal calls(sending a player to the line to decide a game)...and how far apart is the George and Butler calls...what like 4yrs? It has nothing to do with Melo or Rose but what I've always said. Refs are flat out terrible, they don't have any agenda against any team. Their only agenda if any is to eff up a game, any given game at that. That's 2 games this past week where they completely destroyed the outcome of a game and neither of them involved the Knicks. They screw over everyone!

Rose and Melo haven't historically got calls because they've made a bad habit of making sure they don't get them. Melo's problem historically has been the initiating of plenty contact and Rose's problem historically is doing way too much to avoid contact on his drives trying to make the most acrobatic shots humanly possible. Should they have to be on the short end more often than not...no they deserve their share of calls but they also share responsibility as to why they don't get them and this dates prior to their Knick days(go look at the FTA/gm throughout their careers)...which once again no league agenda here.

I'm trying to figure out how this was missed a nationally televised game with all the refs discussions we've had here, I mean the call was as egregious as they come! Flat out awful call. Didn't require still/screen shots or digital meter clocks to figure out if they got this wrong or right. It's not about Butler getting the call as much as Isaiah Thomas feeling his team getting screwed over. Do you feel for the Celtics here?...oh wait it didn't involve the Knicks my bad!

Did you hear what Doc Rivers said about reffing a few weeks back involving his team? He in so many words said his players need to STFU about reffing, let the coaches handle the gripes if necessary but they need to focus on playing basketball. He said they've actually done more harm complaining to refs during their games. You hear what Jae Crowder said about the 2 min report? What I said, that it's trash until the league addresses the real issue. DeMarcus Cousins believes he's a pure target(the nerve of him seriously). Why are all these players and teams complaining if refs had a singular team agenda?

Here's a running feed anytime you want to take in an even handed perspective on this matter...

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/officiating-complaints/

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the 37-22 Utah Jazz rebuild a winning team to become the sleeper playoff team in the West?
The past 4 years the Jazz stuck with rebuilding around 3 frontcourt players in Favors/Haywood/Gobert.
The Jazz had one missing-piece to their puzzle to become a same-game chemistry team, adding George Hill were the solution to the Jazz missing-piece problem. The Indiana Pacers are missing George Hill confidence.
While Gordon Hayward and Ruby Gobert remain the dominant duo for the Jazz, Hill has quietly stepped up his game in February, scoring at least 19 points in seven of his last eight games while averaging 19.1 points, 3.6 assists, 2.9 three-pointers, 2.4 boards and 1.3 steals over that stretch.