Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ... 35556579808182838485868788899091105115 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1816
    Veteran

Atkinson fired right after a blowout win.

You think maybe at least one big ego guy didnít like how Atkinson had the team playing better without him than it did when that one guy was healthy?

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Atkinson fired right after a blowout win.

You think maybe at least one big ego guy didn’t like how Atkinson had the team playing better without him than it did when that one guy was healthy?
    Couldn't have been fired because of the record, they're on track to go to the playoffs despite all the injuries. Has to be because Mark's felt Kenny was losing the team. He's a good fit for the Knicks if Thibs doesn't get the job, LI guy whose strong suit is player development, particularly PG development. I'd like to hear more why the guy whose team was in playoff contention managed to lose his job before hiring him though.

Veteran

Nets were 8 - 12 with Kyrie and 20 - 22 without Kyrie. 20 games of one max free agent. No games of another max free agent. Front office got rid of many of their best players from last season.

Atkinson probably would have had this team at around 0.500 at the end of this season in games without Kyrie and Durant. Hard to believe he got ousted. How has Steve Kerr done without his stars in GS this season?

This is the Kyrie/Durant effect. They obviously have a guy in mind who they want coaching the team next year so that they can run the show (the Lebron James special).

Veteran

Laughing at my ass off at the bias social media spin zone. Nets getting credited with doing right by Atkinson by firing him before the end of the year so he could get things in order for a new job next season. Atkinson 28 - 34 this season.

Knicks fire Fizdale mid season with his 4 - 18 record? How dare they!

Veteran

Canít wait for Brooklyn to hire Mark Jackson and then claim they stole him away from the Knicks

We took Stout from Nets... Kenny has to be given a serious look, given job he did with Nets youth.

Thibs, Jax, JVG, or Kenny?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    We took Stout from Nets... Kenny has to be given a serious look, given job he did with Nets youth.

Thibs, Jax, JVG, or Kenny?
    I donít think we are considering Mark Jackson and I think Nets might have done this because they have him in their sights.

I think the time has come to see what Thibodeau can do here. JVG may or may not be an option. Atkinson is better than a lot of coaches in the league, but he should be there if it doesnít work out with the other 2.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Couldn't have been fired because of the record, they're on track to go to the playoffs despite all the injuries. Has to be because Mark's felt Kenny was losing the team. He's a good fit for the Knicks if Thibs doesn't get the job, LI guy whose strong suit is player development, particularly PG development. I'd like to hear more why the guy whose team was in playoff contention managed to lose his job before hiring him though.
    Marks didn't really give a reason as to why they fired Kenny, though it doesn't seem the players were a reason. Seems more a disagreement between Mark's and Atkinson or maybe some line Atkinson crossed that Mark's wouldn't reveal, whatever the reason it was pretty serious for Mark's to pull the trigger on it while the Nets are in a fight for the playoffs.

I'm speculating but maybe Kenny pulled a Donald Sterling and made some racist remark in front of Mark's which if true would rule him out for any job in the NBA.

Veteran

Marks didn't really give a reason as to why they fired Kenny, though it doesn't seem the players were a reason. Seems more a disagreement between Mark's and Atkinson or maybe some line Atkinson crossed that Mark's wouldn't reveal, whatever the reason it was pretty serious for Mark's to pull the trigger on it while the Nets are in a fight for the playoffs.

I'm speculating but maybe Kenny pulled a Donald Sterling and made some racist remark in front of Mark's which if true would rule him out for any job in the NBA.
    Whoa, I donít think Atkinson did anything like that at all. I think Kyrie/Durant and possibly other players made known that they didnít want to play for Atkinson next season and Marks thought it was better to let him go now than potentially risk what could happen if he finished the season (one risk including unexpected playoff success making it harder to fire Atkinson without criticism).

To me, this is very similar to Blatt getting ousted in Cleveland because of Lebron.

Veteran

DíAntoni criticizing the Atkinson fire. Popovich had a lot to say about Knicks firing Fizdale, but I bet he keeps his mouth shut on this one. Marks is from the Spurs system, which some say makes it unlikely he was the driving force behind an in-season firing (not Spurs style). Consensus is firing came from ďaboveĒ.

Who is above Marks in Brooklyn? Owner? Durant? Kyrie? Their agents?

12th man

Whoa, I don’t think Atkinson did anything like that at all. I think Kyrie/Durant and possibly other players made known that they didn’t want to play for Atkinson next season and Marks thought it was better to let him go now than potentially risk what could happen if he finished the season (one risk including unexpected playoff success making it harder to fire Atkinson without criticism).

To me, this is very similar to Blatt getting ousted in Cleveland because of Lebron.
    It was an out of left field comment about him making some racist remark by me. Marks did say a reason he did it now is to give Kenny a head start on finding a new job, maybe Marks saw the Knicks job as a fit for him and did it now so he could get it before Rose hired someone. No question Kenny will be one of the guys they interview for the job.

Veteran

All coming out today. Leaving Brooklyn may actually have been heavily driven by Atkinson who didnít like what he saw from Kyrie and Durant and didnít think they were coachable. Boom.

Kyrie already pushing for Tyronn Lue. Another similarity to the prior Lebron situation in Cleveland.

DeMarre Carroll, who played under Atkinson last season, on social media showing shock that Atkinson is fired.

Veteran

WOW... thats some speculation... where did u hear , even a murmur of that happening????

12th man

All coming out today. Leaving Brooklyn may actually have been heavily driven by Atkinson who didn’t like what he saw from Kyrie and Durant and didn’t think they were coachable. Boom.

Kyrie already pushing for Tyronn Lue. Another similarity to the prior Lebron situation in Cleveland.

DeMarre Carroll, who played under Atkinson last season, on social media showing shock that Atkinson is fired.
    Both those guys are title champions so I’m not buying they’re not coachable. Rumors are going to be rampant about the reason Kenny was fired, I wish either Marks or Atkinson would have given a better explanation for why he left.

Both those guys are title champions so I’m not buying they’re not coachable. Rumors are going to be rampant about the reason Kenny was fired, I wish either Marks or Atkinson would have given a better explanation for why he left.
    Both won their titles bc of their help. LJ got Kyrie a ring and Mr 1-7 in 4th vs GSW needed not 1 but 2 HOF guards to get his ring.