Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415293959 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Phil speaks in code ^^^^^^^hasn't tweeted in a minute until now

He's clearly had enough of Melo...this Bleacher Report is spot on

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...hing-he-is-not

Make no mistake Phil only has himself to blame

Man, this Melo-bashing is relentless. It's downright comical....

Phil is the one that re-signed CA, instead of rebuilding.

Phil is the one that deal TC and failed to get anything in return -- he was offered Crowder and declined.

Phil is the one who failed to find a gen in the D-league -- we grabbed Langston Galloway while the Heat scooped up Hassan Whiteside.

Phil is the one who has failed to make a small but smart trade that would be a big boon for the team.... Like what's Ainge did last year at the deadline form isaiah Thomas.

Phil is the one who failed to lure any decent free agent here... Even tho it was believed he would be a closer, to snag these mega stars.

Phil is also the one who has demanded this team run a system that doesn't fit the talent....

Phil has also failed to change the culture.... couldn't get Kerr or Walton and had to settle on DF & JH after firing Woodsen.

Yes, he didn't swing and miss with KP (but he should've demanded we tank so we could get KAT).

Yes, his best move is finding WHG in the second round.

But Melo could be playing with IT, Crowder, and Whiteside.

I guarantee that if Melo had those 3.... the situation may be different.

It's easy to pile on melo, but unlike Melo.... at least he stands up an answer questions. And, If we are being objective, Melo has played with a hunch of BLAH type guys ever since he arrived. He's. Ever had a back court....

Put Melo with Kyrie and Lebron or IT and Horford or put him in LAC and watch what he does.

Isola writes, "We’re getting to the point when Dolan is going to analyze Jackson’s results. He won’t be happy. Before Jackson arrived, the Knicks with Carmelo on the team went 127-103. With Jackson, the Knicks are 71-146 including a 22-31 record this season.

If Jackson can write a book called “Eleven Rings” he needs to own his Knicks record as well as opposed to passing blame to Carmelo. With the best leaders, accountability begins with them. And yet, Jackson refused to address Derrick Rose’s going AWOL. He refuses to address the state of his franchise.

The only time we hear from him is when he’s breaking up with his fiancee on Twitter or trying desperately to break up with Carmelo.

Or maybe this is Jackson just trying to break up with the Knicks."

12th man

Jackson's winning % so far in 2 1/2 seasons is .327. Isiah Thomas in 2 years as President .341 and another 2 years as President and coach .341. So you got a guy in PJ that's underperforming even Thomas whose years with the Knicks were a disaster.

If it's time for PJ to have a talk with Melo on leaving the Knicks it's time for Dolan to have the same discussion with Phil.

Veteran

I'm glad to see we're all reaching the same conclusion. Until PJ is addressed as the problem with the Knicks, we're wasting time worrying about what happens with Melo.

Veteran

So many were spreading the mantra of..."In Phil and Fish We Trust"

my my...my my my how far we've come since then. I always thought Phil wasn't going to get it done. One of his first moves, never forget this folks involved Lamar Odom and yet this didn't strike enough fear into the gullible fan base. You can't root with only your heart anymore this is a new millennial age in which we have so much access to information where we can dam near calculate the results of many before they happen. Can't blindly accept the company line and carnival barking that comes with each off-season/new season. The demand for the absolute best product to be presented should be at the forefront every day, coming from the fan base

You have to root more with smarts, otherwise you're going to get burned and end up looking like complete fools. I'm not hurt if Melo and Phil's era ends soon, I never for one day believed in them for solid reasons. I feel bad for a guy like #kporzee even considering his 2nd season of regression but hopefully something positive becomes of all this when the smoke clears
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 08, 2017 at 13:47.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    So many were spreading the mantra of..."In Phil and Fish We Trust"

my my...my my my how far we've come since then. I always thought Phil wasn't going to get it done. One of his first moves, never forget this folks involved Lamar Odom and yet this didn't strike enough fear into the gullible fan base. You can't root with only your heart anymore this is a new millennial age in which we have so much access to information where we can dam near calculate the results of many before they happen. Can't blindly accept the company line and carnival barking that comes with each off-season/new season. The demand for the absolute best product to be presented should be at the forefront every day, coming from the fan base

You have to root more with smarts, otherwise you're going to get burned and end up looking like complete fools. I'm not hurt if Melo and Phil's era ends soon, I never for one day believed in them for solid reasons. I feel bad for a guy like #kporzee even considering his 2nd season of regression but hopefully something positive becomes of all this when the smoke clears
    I was excited about this team and the direction PJ was giving it up until as recently as December. Now we're watching PJ antagonize Melo to get him to waive his no-trade clause. This is something straight out of Howard Stern's movie Private Parts. Even if you don't like Melo and think we can't win with him, no way can you be happy with how PJ is handling things.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I was excited about this team and the direction PJ was giving it up until as recently as December. Now we're watching PJ antagonize Melo to get him to waive his no-trade clause. This is something straight out of Howard Stern's movie Private Parts. Even if you don't like Melo and think we can't win with him, no way can you be happy with how PJ is handling things.
    There were so many red flags along the way, before this predictable blow up. Phil is being incredibly unprofessional but this isn't the first time. This fan base gave him a yr and a half free pass over those extremely TACKY "Phil Files" articles on ESPN...why? Now everyone wants to get bent out of shape because he's finally had enough of Melo? Once again this is picking and choosing and it's like the hypocrisy trickles down. Naaaah stay at the top all times, always be principled even if it internally rubs you a type of way, because right is right and wrong is wrong

This was never going to work much like D'Antoni and Melo never was going to work and no we shouldn't be desiring for Isiah Thomas return...just because he was tenth % pts better than Phil. Knicks should be trying to get the best not get someone who can at the very least do better

Noah and Rose last couple yrs with Bulls were agonizing for their fan base, why would it change here?

Lee, a career journey man who doesn't move the needle whatsoever

Brandon Jennings inefficiently laughable for his whole entire career

The rest of the Role Players and Roster Fodder might be the best of what's here but they aren't built for high usage

All of this Phil's doing and fans kept trying to give him B- B+ A- on moves he made every off-season, I was like huh?

He never made any impactful trades, he couldn't get any major free agent to meet with him seriously to sign here. Another reminder of an early bad sign the fan base co-signed, he declined trading for Kyle Lowry...how did that work out? Leading up to this current season I heard the excuse running strong that "Phil didn't have much to work with"...has that changed? Phil was terribly unprofessional/lazy well before the Melo Butt hurt that's currently going on.
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 08, 2017 at 16:51.

Now we're at the point where Phil is blaming Melo for all this losing.... maybe even bc he wants Dolan to fire him. Melo is immune to the agony of defeat, so Wojo reports now on Yahoo that this bullying by PJ is strengthing Melo's resolve to remain in NY.

You can't make this up....

I wish losing would strengthen his resolve.... doesn't he realize losing devaulues his brand, which he cares so much about?

And Phil.... please just step down and accept that you failed.

If Melo isn't dealt.... I would say bench him so we can tank.... but we probably better off letting him shoot 35 times a game if piling up Ls is the goal.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    There were so many red flags along the way, before this predictable blow up. Phil is being incredibly unprofessional but this isn't the first time. This fan base gave him a yr and a half free pass over those extremely TACKY "Phil Files" articles on ESPN...why? Now everyone wants to get bent out of shape because he's finally had enough of Melo? Once again this is picking and choosing and it's like the hypocrisy trickles down. Naaaah stay at the top all times, always be principled even if it internally rubs you a type of way, because right is right and wrong is wrong

This was never going to work much like D'Antoni and Melo never was going to work and no we shouldn't be desiring for Isiah Thomas return...just because he was tenth % pts better than Phil. Knicks should be trying to get the best not get someone who can at the very least do better

Noah and Rose last couple yrs with Bulls were agonizing for their fan base, why would it change here?

Lee, a career journey man who doesn't move the needle whatsoever

Brandon Jennings inefficiently laughable for his whole entire career

The rest of the Role Players and Roster Fodder might be the best of what's here but they aren't built for high usage

All of this Phil's doing and fans kept trying to give him B- B+ A- on moves he made every off-season, I was like huh?

He never made any impactful trades, he couldn't get any major free agent to meet with him seriously to sign here. Another reminder of an early bad sign the fan base co-signed, he declined trading for Kyle Lowry...how did that work out? Leading up to this current season I heard the excuse running strong that "Phil didn't have much to work with"...has that changed? Phil was terribly unprofessional/lazy well before the Melo Butt hurt that's currently going on.
    Yeah, I agree with you for the most part. This whole situation just makes me sad at this point.

12th man

Here's something crazy I read. Dolan has been so happy not to take the heat for the Knicks losing that it's worth 12M yr to keep PJ around to be the fall guy instead of him. Sounds crazy but I believe it, 60M is chump change to Dolan and MSG.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Now we're at the point where Phil is blaming Melo for all this losing.... maybe even bc he wants Dolan to fire him. Melo is immune to the agony of defeat, so Wojo reports now on Yahoo that this bullying by PJ is strengthing Melo's resolve to remain in NY.

You can't make this up....

I wish losing would strengthen his resolve.... doesn't he realize losing devaulues his brand, which he cares so much about?

And Phil.... please just step down and accept that you failed.

If Melo isn't dealt.... I would say bench him so we can tank.... but we probably better off letting him shoot 35 times a game if piling up Ls is the goal.

You would think the famous Zen master and Melo would have worked-out a quite trade where the public wouldn't have known anything until the day of the trade .. the twitter gossip by the Zen are immature to be from a president of operation of a team .. Phil Jackson still grades a "F" for Failure each season with the Knicks.

Nikola Jokic hit 7-of-13 shots for 17 points, 21 rebounds, 12 assists and two steals in Monday's blowout 132-110 win over the Warriors, racking up the second triple-double of his career.
    Jokic set a career high in boards with this one and easily crushed his 20-13-11 triple-double from Feb. 3. This guy is tearing up the league right now and is making a case to be a Top 10 fantasy pick next season. He got off to a slow start this year, but is playing as well as anyone in the league these days, averaging 23 points, 12.4 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 3-pointers on 58 percent shooting over his last five.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Nikola Jokic hit 7-of-13 shots for 17 points, 21 rebounds, 12 assists and two steals in Monday's blowout 132-110 win over the Warriors, racking up the second triple-double of his career.
    Jokic set a career high in boards with this one and easily crushed his 20-13-11 triple-double from Feb. 3. This guy is tearing up the league right now and is making a case to be a Top 10 fantasy pick next season. He got off to a slow start this year, but is playing as well as anyone in the league these days, averaging 23 points, 12.4 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 3-pointers on 58 percent shooting over his last five.
    They shot lights out from 3 but I'm more impressed with their win with so many guys out. No Gallo, Faried, Chandler, Mudiay, Dorell and thy still managed to obliterate the besdt team in the league.

There is "concern" in Cleveland that Kevin Love (knee) "could be in line for an extended absence," according to Cleveland beat reporter Joe Vardon.
    "I would love to be able to tell you that he'll miss three games and be back, but I can't right now because we don't know," general manager David Griffin said. Love has already been ruled out for Tuesday's game and appears extremely unlikely to play Wednesday. Love will get a second opinion on Tuesday, and we will have to wait until the team announces the results of that exam. Channing Frye will start at power forward on Tuesday. Kyrie Irving and LeBron James will be asked to shoulder more of the offensive load with Love sidelined.