Other NBA games and League

pat

Starter
Last year he said don't call him the MVP until he brought a championship to MIL. Backed up that statement big time by putting the Bucks on his back for the elimination championship game. Said several years ago before he received all the accolades that he would replace LeBron as the best player in the game, you can debate it but 2 back to back MVPs and a probable 3rd tells me he is the best player in the NBA.

Imagine he now sorts out that ugly to-motion shot.

mafra

Legend
?I couldn?t leave. There was a job that had to be finished,? Antetokounmpo said. ?I feel like the bubble did not pay us justice. Give credit to the Miami Heat. They played great, but it did not pay us justice. Everybody was feeling homesick. We are a family-oriented team, wanted to see our families. But coming back, I was like, ?This is my city. They trust me. They believe in me. They believe in us.? Even when we lost ? obviously I wanted to get the job done.

?But that?s my stubborn side. It?s easy to go somewhere and go win a championship with somebody else. It?s easy. I could go ? I don?t want to put anybody on the spot ? but I could go to a super team and just do my part and win a championship. But this is the hard way to do it, and this is the way to do it and we did it.?

?I?m out now. Can I leave now?? Antetokounmopo said jokingly after winning his first championship. ?I want a trade. Who do I have to talk to about a trade??

mafra

Legend
NO dumps Adams and Bledsoe on MEM and get Valenbigguy?

This means they have money to sign a PG, and word is Lowry high on their list. If they sign Kyle, they?ll let Ball go.

Maybe Lonzo could be had for a reasonable contract.

Then, trade for Sexton?

Ball
Sexton
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Rose/IQ

If you can?t get a star this year? do you wait for 2022 (Lavine and a few others) or just go for it and have nice young team and wait for trades to fall in your lap?

tiger0330

Legend
NO dumps Adams and Bledsoe on MEM and get Valenbigguy?

This means they have money to sign a PG, and word is Lowry high on their list. If they sign Kyle, they?ll let Ball go.

Maybe Lonzo could be had for a reasonable contract.

Then, trade for Sexton?

Ball
Sexton
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Rose/IQ

If you can?t get a star this year? do you wait for 2022 (Lavine and a few others) or just go for it and have nice young team and wait for trades to fall in your lap?
Adam's was a bad fit next to Zion taking up the space where Z operates. Val has more range and can play outside the block. Read that Adam's is working on a 3 pt shot and is reportedly shooting the "snot" out of the ball, maybe we see BLo the second in MEM next year.

mafra

Legend
MIa offered Duncan and Hero and picks for Brandon Ingraham, but NO wanted Bam and them to take on Bledsoe and Adams.

Maybe this was a deal NYK should?ve considered?

mafra

Legend
?A source says the Knicks have made calls to late-lottery teams about trading up. I?m told the Warriors turned down Nos. 19 and 21 for No. 14. The Knicks don?t have strong enough draft assets to get into the top 10, and now it seems like a long shot they can get into the late lottery.?

In effect, the Knicks are going to have to give up more than just the 19th and 21st picks to jump into the lottery. The price might be too high for Leon Rose and the front office to move up in this draft. However, it all depends on who they are targeting and how the draft unfolds.?

Also read where GSW said nobody is trading into top 7 or so?. they tried to offer their 2 picks to do just that.

So, either trade a pick for future picks and make picks and hope somebody hits!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks MUST draft one or two of the SF listed below .. to challenge Bullock for playing-time minutes.

1- Scotty Barnes 6.9
2- Jonathan Kuminga 6.8
3- Franz Wagner 6.9
4- Jalen Johnson 6.9
5- Corey Kispert 6.7
6- Josh Giddey 6.8

mafra

Legend
LeBron?s kid in HS, ranked in top 20 of 2023 class. When he graduates HS, LeBron a free agent. LJ said his long term goal is to play on same team as his son.

How great would it be for Knicks to draft his son then refuse to sign LJ.

After being shunned by him 3 times, that would be a great way to get even.

mafra

Legend
Davion Mitchell scored 23 points on 9-of-18 shooting (2-of-6 3-pointers) with three rebounds, three steals, and one assist, but the Kings fell to the Warriors in the California Classic to open summer league play.

I wonder if this makes SaC open to the idea of dealing Fox. Could open doors down the road.

Would Mitch, Knox, Obi & IQ + 2 1st rounders do it?

Kiyaman

Legend
Davion Mitchell scored 23 points on 9-of-18 shooting (2-of-6 3-pointers) with three rebounds, three steals, and one assist, but the Kings fell to the Warriors in the California Classic to open summer league play.

I wonder if this makes SaC open to the idea of dealing Fox. Could open doors down the road.

Would Mitch, Knox, Obi & IQ + 2 1st rounders do it?

Fox performance are ten times a better play-maker than Kemba Walker .. I would've gave our Knicks FO some props if they tried to get Fox, or Dinwiddle, or Dame.
Signing two LOSERS in Fournier & Walker who played like trash in the playoffs, to put alongside Randle & Barrett in a lineup who also played like TRASH in all 5 of our playoff games.
Plus trade the 19th pick for a future pick when we needed one of the young SF out of the 2021 draft class .... Our Knicks FO moves in the offseason (Draft/Trade/and FA market) were that of LOSER move after LOSER move (GM Isiah Thomas) !!!

It looks like a healthy GS Warriors team are back in the contender hunt, and Jonathan Kuminga will be the ROY.

tiger0330

Legend
Sixers fans not buying Simmons annual social media vids of him working on his jump shot. Every year he shares them with the anticipation that his jump shot will get better, I said in his second year that it wouldn't surprise me if he never got better. Don't see how he doesn't get traded. This is a deal Bleacher Report says could happen.

In a new trade suggestion put out by Bleacher Report, the Sixers are sending Simmons to the Sacramento Kings in a 3-team deal that also involves the San Antonio Spurs. The deal would send Simmons to the Kings, Sacramento would then send Buddy Hield, and two first-round picks in 2022 and 2025 to Philadelphia while also sending Marvin Bagley III and Davion Mitchell to San Antonio, the Spurs would send Derrick White and a pick swap to Sacramento. It

tiger0330

Legend
Fox performance are ten times a better play-maker than Kemba Walker .. I would've gave our Knicks FO some props if they tried to get Fox, or Dinwiddle, or Dame.
Signing two LOSERS in Fournier & Walker who played like trash in the playoffs, to put alongside Randle & Barrett in a lineup who also played like TRASH in all 5 of our playoff games.
Plus trade the 19th pick for a future pick when we needed one of the young SF out of the 2021 draft class .... Our Knicks FO moves in the offseason (Draft/Trade/and FA market) were that of LOSER move after LOSER move (GM Isiah Thomas) !!!

It looks like a healthy GS Warriors team are back in the contender hunt, and Jonathan Kuminga will be the ROY.

I said I would have preferred keeping Bull and signing Dinwiddie instead of signing Fournier. Knicks probably had Intel about Kembas impending buyout and desire to sign with the Knicks so they get a pass from me on acquiring Fournier. No question he's better than Bull but he's paid like it so if you asked me would I want Dinwiddie/Bull or Kemba/Fournier I would tell you Kemba/Fournier because the upside is much higher with the two if Kemba is healthy.

I would?ve liked NYK to explore a Buddy trade. I would?ve preferred Buddy over Evan.

Hield is something like 62 million over next 3 years, so a little more expensive than Fournier when you subtract out Fournier?s year 4 team option. I guess it depends on what it would have taken to make the trade.

Kiyaman

Legend
I said I would have preferred keeping Bull and signing Dinwiddie instead of signing Fournier. Knicks probably had Intel about Kembas impending buyout and desire to sign with the Knicks so they get a pass from me on acquiring Fournier. No question he's better than Bull but he's paid like it so if you asked me would I want Dinwiddie/Bull or Kemba/Fournier I would tell you Kemba/Fournier because the upside is much higher with the two if Kemba is healthy.

A wise Knick FO would've talked to Kemba Walker into signing after the OKC buy-out.
Then signed Dennis Schroder as insurance to create a Knicks team that has the tools to Be a 2nd round Playoff Team in the 2021-22 season. Plus resigning veteran star PG D.Rose to have a full season of 3 veteran PG to mentor our young-core guards RJ Barrett & Quickley & McBride.
But our Knicks FO wasn't wise enough to get the Knicks a team priority out of the 2021 draft having the 19th pick .. SF- Jalen Johnson !!!

Here below are two cheap insurance players having the talent/skills to forefill two of the Knicks teams weak areas. The Knicks did not need to resign Burks. Bullocks & D.Rose performance last season were KEEPERS for next season.

Free agent guard Dennis Schroder has agreed to a one-year, $5.9 million deal with the Boston Celtics, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Free-agent swingman Kelly Oubre Jr. agreed with the Charlotte Hornets on a guaranteed two-year deal paying close to $25 million, a source confirmed to The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears. Oubre spent last season with the Golden State Warriors.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks first two picks in the 2021 Draft Class ....

19. Knicks draft Kai Jones (officially traded to Hornets)
21. Knicks draft Keon Johnson (officially traded to Clippers)

Lauri Markannen to Cleveland in sign and trade involving Chicago and Portland. Not a blockbuster deal of any sorts, but seems like it makes sense for the parties involved. Markannen was going to be a thorn in Chicago?s side until they moved him.