Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
POR says Dame not on table for Ben Simmons trade?

Makes you wonder what team is willing to part with top 25 talent for Ben?. Would PHI do a Kyrie for Ben swap? Would Nets?

Anyway? it got me thinking? Julius Randle might be best player available to PHI trade talks?.

AB, Rose, Fournier and Kemba could be included as well.

Randle and Embiid could be able to work together?.

Simmons
IQ
RJ
Obi
Mitch

Could be a fun starting 5 to build around, and perhaps even a top 10 pick.

Would PHI be interested? Are we flexible enough to realize all options are available?

Aside from Dame, Beal, Fox?. I don?t see a star available NYK can wedge in with Julius, who is good enough on their own merits, that a combo of Dame-Randle is enough to attract title hungry vets?

If you can get a top 5 start available, then perhaps you go that route? but, if I am Rose? I am trying to take advantage of the Nets and Phi situation and build for the future?. I would not have my heart set on the 7th seed and first round exit.

mafra

Legend
CBS Sports

there have been several new teams added to the Simmons sweepstakes, with the Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks among those interested in the defensive-minded guard, per The Athletic's Shams Charania.

The Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, Minnesota Timberwolves and Cleveland Cavaliers are teams that also remain interested as the Sixers are eyeing multi-team trade options in an effort to get the best deal for Simmons. The asking price for the three-time All-Star reportedly remains the same: Philly wants an All-Star caliber player and/or several first-round draft picks in exchange for Simmons, but no one has met that requirement for the Sixers.

Sounds like a perfect storm is brewing:

1) PHI forced to move on and knows its window to win is open now so it will be motivated to get a deal ASAP. It?s been long enough, waiting longer extract more and they want to win this season.

2) It appears interest isn?t overwhelming enough where it appears the farm needs to be sold to even be considered.

3) Knicks are collapsing and something needs to be done.

It just might be that NyK are fortunate enough to walk away with Ben Simmons out of this. He and Thibbs should be a dream for their defensive minded ways.

Or, at the least, this is an opportunity to pick up assets.

Kiyaman

Legend
The hot 10-2 winning Grizz team went cold in the return of Ja Morrant back in the rotation ..
The 9-19 OKC Thunder beat the Grizz 102-99 .. After the game a couple of Grizz fans in the arena yelled to Ja he needed to stay on the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Cleveland Cavaliers might be too big to fail in the 2021-22 season ..
Using a starting lineup featuring three 7-footers and reintegrating a former All-Star big man, the Cavs have big-footed their way into East contention.
The Cavs traded Valintine to Lakers for PG-Rondo ..
Two of the Cavs PG (Sexton & Rubio) are out after catching a season injury.
Plus the Cavs star PG-Garland has been out of the rotation for a week on Covid Protocols, and the Cavs went on a 3 game losing streak trying their best to get ball-movement without any PG on the floor, until today ball-movement improve to beat the Pacers 108-104.

The (21-16) Cavs head-coach Bickerstaff are old-schooling the Cavs roster, and 9 to 10 man rotation each game using a triple-tower offense & defense, that's been improving the team chemistry as the season goes on. At the start of the season the Cavs coach Bickerstaff's 3 PG and 3 tower big-men rotation showed a dynamic performance in their first 10 games, I had to start following the Cavs.
And yes, the Cavs performance are looking like the EAST next 3rd or 4th seeded sleeper team along with the Chi-Town Bulls this season.

It's looking like coach Thibs & Randle .. has divided the Knicks players in the locker-room to the court.
Last month, Thibs & Randle tried to make the Knicks FO look bad by taking the starter PG-Kemba Walker out of the rotation .. without giving any reason.
And the coincidence .. the same day Randle health was called for Covid Protocols, coach Thibs say's Kemba Walker's knee's are acting up, and need rest.
I'm kinda happy D.Rose injury have him far from the Knicks mess ..
Thibs & Randle vs Kemba & Fournier SMH

mafra

Legend
Knicks dropped the ball? after Walker re-established his trade value, Thibbs ran him down, to the point he?s now injured. There goes that. Of course, an aged, oft-injured PG would breakdown!

They should?ve managed him until they could trade him. Doesn?t do the org much good now, having him cash checks to miss games. CLE would?ve sent NY something, no? For Kemba?

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks dropped the ball? after Walker re-established his trade value, Thibbs ran him down, to the point he?s now injured. There goes that. Of course, an aged, oft-injured PG would breakdown!

They should?ve managed him until they could trade him. Doesn?t do the org much good now, having him cash checks to miss games. CLE would?ve sent NY something, no? For Kemba?

Knicks coach Thib's did not want Kemba in the Knicks rotation when Randle was pulled into Covid Health Protocol, especially against our next opponents the Lottery OKC Thunders team who gave Kemba a Buy-out. Thibs was not going to win a game without Randle in the rotation. Thib's coaching and substitution and strange lineups proved that in the two games.
Nothing is wrong with Kemba .. The Knicks been using fake injury-reports to DNP players since Dolan's Daddy ran the team. And both has been called out by several Knicks players that announced they are not injured.

mafra

Legend
Sykes and Washington not doing much tonight tho

Word is Thibbs lost some in the locker room, with how he handled Kemba. Especially some of the younger guys?

Sounds like Wes is only way Thibbs gets replaced. He wasn?t 100% into the hire. If Rose has his way, tho, Thibbs stays entire time Leon is here

Signing Evan F should coat the GM his job, especially since he passed on DeRozan

DD mVP candidate
Evan wouldn?t even make G League all star game

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Cousins being released before the Feb deadline. Knicks would be foolish not to pick him up. If we get to the playoffs he's another scorer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Cousins being released before the Feb deadline. Knicks would be foolish not to pick him up. If we get to the playoffs he's another scorer.

After watching Cousins on the court for the Houston Rockets, his performance as a 7 footer in the New NBA is unlikely. There's really only a couple of teams that could use Cousins type of services off the bench as a role center through the midseason games .. Cousins had to get his health up to par to run 10 straight minutes alongside Giannis in practice.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! Julius Randle fined $25,000 by NBA for profanity in interviews

I asked Julius Randle what he meant with his thumbs down to the Garden crowd.
His answer: "Shut the **** up."

The Garden crowed maybe Guilty for only having one playoff series won during the Millennium ..
But they?ve never been told to ?Shut the f-?-k up? ? as Randle did in the home game Thursday.
Especially, during the week the All-Star voting started .... It would've been nice to receive close to a thousand votes from the ?Shut the f-?-k up? MSG Knicks fans LOL

Kiyaman

Legend
Sykes and Washington not doing much tonight tho

Word is Thibbs lost some in the locker room, with how he handled Kemba. Especially some of the younger guys?

Sounds like Wes is only way Thibbs gets replaced. He wasn?t 100% into the hire. If Rose has his way, tho, Thibbs stays entire time Leon is here

Signing Evan F should coat the GM his job, especially since he passed on DeRozan

DD mVP candidate
Evan wouldn?t even make G League all star game

I meant to respond a week ago .... The Orlando Magic Evan Fournier performed at two (SG/SF) position having a quick release perimeter jumper as a weapon to close games, plus have the NBA skills to be a role-player in the starter lineup or coming off the bench. A rotation player!

Fournier has all the talent/skills and same-position the Knicks GM want his young 3rd draft pick player RJ Barrett to learn within the next two seasons.

I meant to respond a week ago .... The Orlando Magic Evan Fournier performed at two (SG/SF) position having a quick release perimeter jumper as a weapon to close games, plus have the NBA skills to be a role-player in the starter lineup or coming off the bench. A rotation player!

Fournier has all the talent/skills and same-position the Knicks GM want his young 3rd draft pick player RJ Barrett to learn within the next two seasons.
GOOD LUCK with THAT!! LOL

Kiyaman

Legend
GOOD LUCK with THAT!! LOL

The part I left out were Fourniers consistency in the Magic rotation season after season.
The reason Boston traded for him during Orlando Magics fire-sale,
RJ Barrett's inconsistency for 2 straight seasons the Knicks GM had to change ASAP in the offseason, and signing a consistent FA player for the starter lineup .. that has all the offensive skills to score consistently .. the same scoring-skills u want RJ Barrett to have on a consistent basis in a season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ja Morrant .. Ja Morrant are officially a teams Franchise Player in his 3rd NBA season.

After putting in my All-Star vote, and watching the Memphis Grizz team ball-movement beat the great Splash-Bro GS Warriors team ball-movement without Green 116-108 .. Great Game!
Now the Memphis Grizz are on a 10 Game Win Streak!

My Top 5 Team-Leader PG this season are: Chris Paul, Curry, Morrant, Trae, and LaMelo Ball.
We were 1 draft pick away from Curry & Morrant SMH