tyson_chandler.png

arron_afflalo.png
devin_booker.png

jose_calderon.png
ronnie_price.png
]

Injury Report

New York KnicksPhoenix Sus
Cleanthony Early - Injured Right Knee (OUT)Brandon Knight - Left adductor strain (OUT)
-Eric Bledsoe - Torn meniscus in left knee (OUT)
-T.J. Warren - Right foot fracture (OUT)

Game Preview

Recent victories have the Phoenix Suns feeling positive about the future. The New York Knicks aren't likely to share that rosy outlook, especially on this extended trip.

Devin Booker and Alex Len will try to continue giving the Suns a glimpse into what may be in store next season as they try to beat the downtrodden Knicks on Wednesday night.

Phoenix (17-46) is all but assured of missing the playoffs for a sixth straight season, but it's shown signs of life by winning three of five after dropping 13 straight. The Suns are trying to match their season-high three-game winning streak from Nov. 12-16 after a 109-100 win at Memphis on Sunday.

"We're showing we're not giving up," Booker said. "We're not in the playoffs. A lot of people think this is the time for us to fold and get ready for the summer. But it's not. We're doing it for next year already.

"I think we're turning over a new leaf as a team. Overall, we've been playing better. I think things are starting to click."

They sure are for Booker, who is averaging 20.6 points over the last five games - an increase of nearly 11 over the previous six. The rookie, who was a one-and-done at Kentucky last season, is also getting comfortable dealing with the rigors of the NBA.

"I'm 19, playing in a league full of grown men. I have to have that chip on my shoulder," he said. "Going into the game, I can't be the kid that's soft that they take advantage of right away. No one's going to go after Tyson (Chandler). He's been in the league 15 years."

Booker held his own with 27 points and nine assists Sunday, while Len scored 19 and added 16 rebounds and six assists.

Like Booker, Len is giving the Suns reason to believe in a brighter future. The 22-year-old center, the fifth overall pick in 2013, is averaging 20.4 points and 14.4 boards over the last five games.

"We're taking steps forward in the right direction," interim coach Earl Watson said.

It didn't look that way in a 102-84 loss at New York on Jan. 29. Booker had a team-high 21 points, but Len only had six with seven boards as the Suns shot 41.2 percent from the floor, including 7 of 26 from beyond the arc.

That victory for the Knicks, however, is one of only four over their last 21 games. They fell for the 10th time in 11 on the road Tuesday, losing 110-94 to Denver in the opener of a six-game trip which marks their longest since 2005-06.

Carmelo Anthony led New York with 30 points against his former team, but the rest of the starters could only manage 23 while making 10 of 26 from the floor.

Anthony is averaging 26.4 points over the last five games, while heralded rookie Kristaps Porzingis has put up 10.3 while playing in four of them. He returned Tuesday after missing a game with a bruised left leg and scored six points on 3-of-11 shooting.

Porzingis could only muster seven points and as many rebounds against Phoenix, while Anthony fell two assists shy of a triple-double with 19 points and 10 boards.

(nba.com)

tiger0330

Legend
They got to fix these teams that just dance into the lane for these layups. Booker and Tucker got easy layups w/o much D on them.

tiger0330

Legend
Rambis starting Sasha over AA to stop the opposing guards dribble penetration but Sasha let Booker get right by him.

mafra

Legend
I think AA is hurt. NYK start of hot... Jose hands PHO a free fast break... Gets it right back... 21-10.

Booker looks good

tiger0330

Legend
I think AA is hurt. NYK start of hot... Jose hands PHO a free fast break... Gets it right back... 21-10.

Booker looks good
Ur correct, found out after I tuned on AA has an ab strain. I thought he got benched for D.

Sasha has 9 pts in the first and this might be an easy win for the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Watching the game against Phoenix .. its the 2nd quarter n Phoenix has to be the worst defensive team in league ...Phoenix going for a top-3 pick

tiger0330

Legend
Finally the boys blowing out a team but Breen said it is it the competition or are the Knicks playing better? The Suns are really bad which is why Hornacek doesn't have a job any longer but the Knicks are in the same boat with an interim HC on a bad team.

Sasha did make a difference, lets see if AA is out for the rest of the road trip whether he can keep this up and the Knicks can finish this trip with a 3-3 record.

tiger0330

Legend
I wonder if Dolan knows how lucky he is. Look at that Suns arena, lot of empty seats just like in Denver yesterday. Bad teams don't sell seats except for the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
Galloway stuck in a deep slump hasn't scored a point and just missed a short jumper. If he doesn't get going he won't be here next year, a shame for a guy I always called Mr. Big Shot.

88-75 Knicks end of the 3rd. Not a blowout and enough time for the Suns to come back.

tiger0330

Legend
This has got to be an example of a bad team making you look good. I've not seen plays like that 1/2 court pass alley oop from JC to DWill all season.

Broadway

All Star
This has got to be an example of a bad team making you look good. I've not seen plays like that 1/2 court pass alley oop from JC to DWill all season.

Phx has no interest in winning games for the most part. They won a couple in a row right before they played us and realized how much they put themselves at risk this summer and reality set in real quick tonight.

Booker looked great though

tiger0330

Legend
On to LA where they'll face the Clips and a better looking Laker team, let's see if they can win one of those and maybe have a chance to finish this trip at 3-3. At least with this win they won't lay the big Zero and maybe they find a catalyst in Sasha replacing AA. He's a lot more active and mobile than AA out there, can't expect that he shoots lights out like tonight but if he can give the Knicks the production that AA gives you I think Rambis should start him.

What a difference the schedule makes. If we were playing out the season against potential lottery teams, then Rambis would have the head coach job locked up for next season. Any which way, we played a fun game to watch tonight.